Gree

How do we make Satyrs/Faun interesting again?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/God-Is-Dead/Issue-27?id=36855
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

keep them horny, and keep them rambunctious.

They're the fantasy equivalent of dudebros that beat each other with chairs and go on dumb grand adventures with each other. How do you make that boring?

Early age pangaea from dominions 4

They drive women into hedonistic frenzies and scoop up other people to use as blood sacrifices for their magic rituals. Magic becomes wilder and chaos follows wherever they tread.

>How do you make that boring?
"And the Opites totally nailed six chicks" gets boring the thirteenth time you hear it.

They did guys,too. Actually, they did everything with a pulse. Also, quite violent if they hadn't had sex for a while.

source?

As an Ermorean citizen, I for one welcome our new god if they can get those asshole minotaurs and satyrs away from my son am daughter and go back to fucking arcosceplian boys and girls like a proper civilization

Meant for

+1 source request

MTG did Satyrs as hippies who partied too hard.

Here you go.
readcomiconline.to/Comic/God-Is-Dead/Issue-27?id=36855

thank you based user

Make them magic-tech punks who use those techno magical flutes to make those sound bites that make you high and fucked up to ensnare and enthrall you.

You're kidding me right?

Satyrs are totally into everything physical. They are hedonists for anything living. It's not about what they can do for themselves, but what they can do with/for others.

Fuck a chick to rolling orgasms until she is practically gone.
Milking a dude to dehydration.
Drinking/Eating/Smoking anything that can be enjoyed.

I mean Christ. Pan himself made his pipes from the reeds that grew through dead a chick he was hot for - just so he had a way to put his mouth on her again and make beautiful shit.

tl;dr: they've always been interesting, you just ain't using them right.

Hedonistic magical goatmen. Musical ritual and revelries that entrance people to join them, and eventually become one of them.

make them muslim

>See Bitey, sigh that the series will never continue
>Wait a sec, wasn't that supposed to be coming back?
>Meh probably never happened
>Check the site
>Blah blah blah, coming back...
>Wait.
>Teaser: Last of the Dashkin 2, posted March 18, 2016

N-NANI!?

But they haven't been an important part of a triple A game or anime, so they don't exist.

If you're interested in making things different, I've been playing about with the idea of making them a civilized race rather than the wandering nomads/bandits they're generally implied to be. Try to marry the qualities of an agricultural society with their general depiction, see if it works. Like, they build cities, but the cities are very beautiful and colorful and basically have nonstop festivals and markets and whatever. They have the best vineyards and are famous as wine traders. If you want to be a bit more comical, give them huge herds of goats, too. Say they make cheeses to go with the wine and stuff.

Make them horny interspecies perverts

It's funny

Christian and Hellenistic Greeks viewed Saytrs the same way Scandinavians & Celts viewed Elves

Albeit with significantly higher libidos and less refinement

Pan was alright.

In my settings they're basically gypsies.

The satyrs of my setting are basically the mafia. Each one of them makes a sacred oath to never live by legal means. They're organised into large clans lead by a single don. Satyr language is unique in that it evolved from a verbal code used by them in order to avoid being understood by the police and outsiders in general, and it keeps evolving at a fast rate to prevent the police from learning and understanding it.

You might ask why a culture of career criminals is tolerated by the police? There are several reasons. Firstly, wherever they settle down, they immediately get rid of all competition, destroying the local crime syndicates much faster and more efficiently than the police could ever hope to. Secondly, since it's clear that all satyrs are criminals, catching them is much easier than catching members of other races who can blend into the society.

Satyrs are very showoffy, they like to brag, aggrandise themselves and flaunt their impressive wealth by wearing the most expensive clothes and driving the best cars, even if that means that they would have to eat the cheapest food to afford it. They live in huge villas that are intended to house the entire mafia clan. They look very pompous and tasteless on the outside with lots of cheap, tacky decorations and columns, but are unimpressive on the inside with fairly spartan furnishings, trash lying everywhere and plaster peeling off the walls.

They worship a sentient river, a giant liquid organism possessing an enormous intellect and godlike powers of illusion. All satyr children are baptised in this river. While they are submerged, it establishes mind control over them and shows them pictures of heavenly gardens, then promises them to take them back to these gardens after they die if they swear to live only by crime. In reality, it's using them to take revenge on other races for destroying all of the sentient rivers long ago, leaving it the last of its kind.