/cyoag/ - CYOA

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R_aXElv_HEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder. If your cyoa doesn't have werewolves, it's not a cyoa.

>momiji
>werewolf

KYS. At least post kagerou.

Nobody likes werewolves.

Get out.

Necromancer has werewolves!

SCIENTIST!
I BESEECH YOU!
BESTOW UPON YOUR LOWLY SKELLY WORSHIPPERS THE PROMISED UPDATE!

Kagerou is too ugly to post.

Will anything trigger you when it comes to Necromancer? Even minimally?

If I say a word beginning with N would you fall to your knees and pray?

Good taste my mate. There's only one werewolf CYOA I think

Well than i guess you are just a faker thats fine with anything with ears and a tail.

Nurgle should scare him, he'd prevent anyone from actually dying so his Necromancy would be useless.

How exactly are you supposed to fit werewolves into a sci-fi CYOA? Or a wild west CYOA? Or a spy thriller CYOA?

You know there's more than just a single skellyposter, right?
We're individuals, man.
You fleshy bigot.

Is a calcium-based unlife-form not allowed to worship as he or she chooses?

Make sacrifice then, bony one. The Scientist only answers those with the strongest of desires.

>wild west
Dude, what? they'd be fuckin bitchin in the wild west. It'd be even too, since silver bullets wouldn't be terribly hard to come by, and werewolves would have the edge in physical activities.

There are actually a couple supernatural wild west settings that involve things like vampires and werewolves. They work fairly well.

With scifi, unless it's straight science fantasy, you'll want something like the Ctarl-Ctarl or the beastmen from PSU. A race that under special conditions hulks out turns more animalistic because jargon.

Spy thriller, imagine how useful it would be to shapeshift in spying and infiltration.

Where there's an awoo, there's a way.

Sci-Fi CYOA: alien werewolf pirates
Wild West CYOA: native american werewolf tribalists
Spy Thriller CYOA: you're a werewolf spy investigating a criminal syndicate based around a russian mob werewolf pack

There would definitely be some kind of monologue about how frontier survival turns everyone into beasts, some poor bastards are just unfortunate enough to look the part too. Stuff like that.

>turns into a hulking manbeast with more physical power than a russian grandmother working the fields
>unfortunate

Eremites pls go and stay go.
The Scientist only loves real undead.
Even TP zombies are cooler than you.

>be a memetic idea of evil with incredible power
>resemble a cock head with tentacles

This is why you always take the shapeshifting option.

>implying humanity's idea of superpowered evil isn't a super evil looking dick
You can't beat it, man. You're just lucky I don't have a SFW Mara saved.

>implying anyone remembers anything about Berserk aside from the rape

a giant dick is 100% fitting

All I remember is Guts being a colossal faggot, Skanky being to blame for 99% of shit that is happening, and Griffith being the only one getting shit done.

Why pretend you don't remember the series when you're being a huge Griffith fag?

I remember a whole lot of nothing but since that's basically what Guts has accomplished up until now, maybe I do remember everything. Thanks, user.

>SFW Mara

Is there even such a thing? What eldritch horror is this?

You know it's a good thing I'm not Scientist. I'd've dropped the thing thanks to you

youtube.com/watch?v=R_aXElv_HEc

>native american werewolf tribalists

>werewolf
>not white

Don't you dare take something good then paint it shit colored!!!

Been fucking around with demon lists, is it all right to go with a few base demons and work on a fusion list later.

Kind of want to focus on demi-fiends rather than worry about what I need to turn a Garm into Cerberus.

What the fuck is this and what does it have to do with CYOA's?

do it

I'm pretty sure that user is planning on making an SMT cyoa, friend.

>an SMT cyoa
A what cyoa? Is this another one of those things that are copy-pastes of a franchise?

This is jealousy because you know that when our time come, you all will be confronted with you second-class undead insignificance, right?

Looks like the next update for this worm cyoa will have a new part for endbringers, most people never take it, but the idea of being a huge monster and duking it out with behemoth or fighting more than a hundred capes at the same time sounds fun for me.

>Jealousy
It's disgust, ya fuckin' freak.
It's a fetish taken a bridge too far, not a proper form of necromancy and immortality.

Full version here, unlike the twerp who posted in the last thread

Posting this again for the sake of people who save things and repost them: If you've got the old version from years ago, you can update it now.

I should have bitched out when I had the chance. Going to start off on mutations and powers for demi-fiends then break into the demon categorization/fusion/negotiating/ devouring.

You cannot escape your hunger, after all.

It's control of life and death - with control of eternal pleasure! What's the point of enjoying forever it is in a increasingly numb state? You will eventually just exist - or wish you didn't out of boredom. It's also a form of death, just not as classical. We offer true immortality user - not just to exist forever, but to experience and enjoy it even more. To discover the secrets not just of death, but of the experiences of life.
user, we have such sights to show you.

Omg u r such a hERO !

Sorry, I'm pretty vanilla. Not really into the BDSM and mutilation scene.
I think I'll just stick to my green book and use my Clone based immortality to do pure, normal lewd, like satisfying an entire bordello in front of an audience and then my activating my built-in killswitch, only to wake up on a different continent, as a woman.

You should probably avoid a fusion list, because the number of combinations you'll have to deal with grow really quickly the more basic demons you have. Maybe just have the basic demons have a few "compatible" fusions that develop them into a few different forms, with everything else being "incompatible" and making the same unexpected demon, like surprise Mara.

Oh well, if your acts with both sexes seems to eventually start to become meaningless, if impulses become weaker and weaker, if you consider that flesh has also importance besides bones, and that maybe eventually some limits must be broken... you know what we have to offer user.

Typed up my response, net goes down, go have dinner and watch some tv until net is fixed and the thread was dead.

>Major
Power of the Contract
>Minor
Power of Tongues
Power of Health
Power of Lies
>Item
Stone
>Companion
Demon

Become rich and powerful by contracting the sick and desperate to heal them.
Tounges ensure language is no barrier while Stone and Lies help protect me from dangers both physical and litigious.
Demoness friend to complete the Faustian image. Though a flirtatious foxgirl secretary was a close contender

Shin Megami Tensei. Also known as Persona.

It's one of the more popular JRPG series, prominently featuring demon summoning, complex fusion systems, and overrated side games.

Here, Veeky Forums, have something simple and happy. I don't think I've seen it posted in a while.

>also known as Persona
It hurts a little more every time.

>and overrated side games.
Can't mainline-only fans be happy for once? You're getting the Switch game.

>if impulses become weaker and weaker,
>implying I'll allow that to happen
>implying I won't create a disease that eliminates ennui and keeps my nerves and pleasure centers as sharp and sensitive as the day I was born
>implying I'll ever be that jaded, desensitized, and ruined
>implying Fleshwarping isn't superior in every way to pain magic

Lewd necromancy is journey, not a destination.
I doubt I'll ever be that fucked up, and if it does happen, it'll happen so far in the future that the tech revolution will have already happened, and I'll be well on my way to becoming a cyber-necrodruid.
Then I'll go to space and lay pipe in alien babes.

So what is there to do once you achieve immortality anyways? Will you learn that there exists other immortals who want to end your life somehow? Will you realize that the Earth too can become immortal? In fact, the Earth is really a necromancer this whole time explaining the zombie apocalypse?

So are you copy-pasting the game and I have to ignore it because I don't know the background? You avoided that question.

Divine Day Spa
"All" Expense Paid Trip
Fruity Drink

Never pay for drinks again, monthly massages and a mostly free holiday every year.

Now I just need a job that'll let me take time off.

So I'm just gonna post this for those who care. Here's an update for the sake of future implementations.

Some rewrites here and there as well as price changes throughout; most of everything is cheaper, especially hulls for classes cruiser and larger. Destroyers were slightly hit with a nerf bat. Weapons and vehicles are also generally cheaper.

Also, graphical update. Enjoy the eye cancer.

Quit being retarded. He's doing his own thing using elements from a series. It will be about the series. Let him make a good CYOA without you being bothersome.

Oh yeah, some Titles had their credit rewards increased, mostly just the high level ones.

Wanderer's Treasure to 5
Windows to the soul to 4

Go on adventures and get rich.

And here's the obligatory poo poo .pdf.

Hopefully you finish yours.

What i love about a cyoa is the lore behind it and SDA put quite an effort doing this

Traveler's Tale CYOA:
Origin and Background:
>Matt, 21, Ethereal, Seedling of an Archmage
>Race: Human, Gender: Male
>The Now: Watcher (+Low Tech Understanding, +5 Traits, +Alien Body, +1 Companion)
Skills, Perks and Traits: (+3 Traits)
Held Upon Joining:
>Low Tech Understanding
>Common Ethereal Manipulation
>Educated
Gained So Far:
>Basic Ethereal Manipulation
>Advanced Ethereal Manipulation
>Memory
>Alchemist
>Runemaster
Future Goals:
>Master Ethereal Manipulation
>Field Leader: Conjuration
>Field Leader: Evocation
>Field Leader: Transmutation
>Split Action
>Winter Oak
Initial Equipment Requisition: (+2000)
Clothing:
>Travelers Leathers (Free)
>MagisterTM Tier Robes (-200)
Weapons:
>Yuta Brace (Mandatory)
>Seven Shot Colt Revolver (-50)
>Elder Staff (-350)
General Items:
>Pegs (Free)
>Basic Survival Kit (Free)
>Basic Bag (Free)
>ID Card (Free)
>Magical Protection Vestments (-50)
>Small Spiritual Vestments (-50)
>Multiversal Timekeeper (-50)
>Mathery Travellers Encyclopedia Vol 1-8324 (-20)
>Coharty Plasma Shield Mark-7 (-100)
>Seal of Solomon (-200)
>Ring of Dispel (-150)
>Ausadhirdipyamanas Flower Bed (-300)
>Aenathari Peach (-500)
>Stasis Guard (-200)
>Alchemy Set (-300)
>Runist Kit (-300)
>Stigmata Nails (-300)
>MagiblocTM Coinage (-20)
>Spirit Bonding Charms (-100)
>Toshamark Standard Computer (-200)
>Internal Sustenance Module (-200)
>Waste Disposal Module (-100)
>Spirit Walk Components (-200)
>Self Operating Cooking Gear (-10)
>Healing-Chip (-250)
>Physical Formatting (-200)
>Physical Restructuring (-100)
Little Things:
>Forever Alone (+1000, -2 Companions)
>I Don't Need No Governa's Dalla! (+2 Trait, -800)
>Adherent: Magic + Power + Knowledge + Wisdom + Happiness (+500)
>Off-world Obligations (+400)
>The Renegade (+400)
>Ae-Child (+1000)

Factions, Departments and Others
>Ethereal: The Council of the Awoken Spirit (+Master Ethereal Manipulation)
The Covenants:
>The Council of Confucian and Daoist Discourse (+Winter Oak)
Allies: (+4 Companions)
>Angus 'Love Lich', 164, Architect, Renowned Architect + Mercia, 570, Ethereal, 'The Greenblooded', Wise Lich Magus, (Pair)
>Yarihei Neinta, 988, True Traveler, Ancient Fox God + Kuro Neinta ‘???’ True Travelers, Yarihei’s ‘Cat’ (Pair)
>Croatmor, 464, Ethereal, Wise Dragon + Matt, 21, Ethereal, Seedling of an Archmage (Pair)
Home District:
>The Summoning Grounds: Might of Magic
Hubworlds:
>Home Lander: Some Prefer to Rest a Time
PANIC BUTTONS:
>The Polyp
Path to Walk:
>QUARANTINE

Thanks, my man. More coming soon in the same setting.

Soon as in sometime within the next year. Multiple times, hopefully.

>implying I won't create a disease that eliminates ennui and keeps my nerves and pleasure centers as sharp and sensitive as the day I was born

The dangers of monotony comes from the spirit and the mind user, not from the body. The body is merely a vessel. It doesn't matter how many times an outside stimul is applied to your nerves, it will eventually become meaningless.
Much pleasure comes even without the touch. The same for pain.

I don't understand why you are so resistent to the right awnser user. We Eremites also take pride in twisting the flesh... altough perhaps not as effecient, it's a very artistic experience as well.

We know how to create torments as blessings to the spirits. We know how to raise the dead. We know how to tear. We specialize in the joys of eternal life. What's not to like?

Even if you are after knowledge instead of the pleasures, where do you think necromancy knowledge comes from in the first place? Those silly mummies child worshippers? Doesn't the ritual of the worm that walks reminds you of another forms of obtaining immortality throw the acceptance of pleasure? We have older and wiser masters than any other. They, that lived so long, know what's best.

And even if you just want to negate existence, and ignore all the pleasure we have to offer, all the joy, don't you think it will be easier to move on knowing what you are given up, instead of doubting yourself for eternity "but what if there was a greater pleasure"?

All roads lead to us if you are wise to live long enough. And we have all the time in the world to wait.

Also
>Prothean Caro
>Telling that other forms of necromancy aren't "real" necromancy

Isn't he updating like two things or something really small?

I made this really quick CYOA the other day, and i made another small one a while before that one.

Each choice has a specific consequence which i thought up before posting, however sharing them would take out the fun.

Still gross.
>We have older and wiser masters than any other.
>full fledged necromancer
>having a master
>Being hand fed scraps from older and more powerful beings

And
>talking about how experiences eventually becomes meaningless no matter what
You're only staving off the inevitable if this is what you believe. And you're mutilating your body and your soul to do it.

>>Prothean Caro
>>Telling that other forms of necromancy aren't "real" necromancy
>Implying using necromantic energy to outright defy death in the first place isn't the most necromantic necromancy.
We're the new kids on the block, gonna take the world by storm.
We don't conquer death; we outright excise it from our being. Like a tumor.
And it's Promræn Caro, not Prothean. Get it right, Pinhead.

>Even if you are after knowledge instead of the pleasures
…Meh, you've got a point there. I should cover all my bases. I already plan to create a new council of necromancers from every school, with the intent to fuse them together in a new, gestalt necromancy.

He's adding a new book.
The gross-ass Eremites are coming back. They're gonna have their own companions and minions and everything.
I keep trying to explain to this dipstick that he's objectively disgusting and weird and futile, but he just won't hear reason.

It's the same thing as in the previous thread you twat.

Disgusting CYOA.

Stop being disgusting, Scientist.

I don't think it's disgusting.
It's quick and cheap, but not disgusting.

Good night user.

>Destroyers were slightly hit with a nerf bat.
Why? They're kind of useless now.

I get that they were popular, but that's for two reasons.

1. Larger ships are fleet only. Making Destroyers bad doesn't change that.

2. Smaller ships aren't useful against larger ships, except old Destroyers. Nerfing Destroyers doesn't change that.

They were popular because the niche of being small enough to operate independently while being large enough not to be useless against larger ships. This is a real life Destroyer's purpose. If you don't like how they're popular, this is really just an issue of your expectations versus the audience's. You want people to join factions and be reliant on them, but people prefer independents. Nerfing Destroyers to be a bad choice hasn't addressed the core problem at all, only punished players for differing views.

Flashlight.

Also add the fact that people who wanna go solo are already at a big disadvantage, as being solo is inherently a lot less capable.

Yeah, I remember several conversations where SDA himself was talking about how they were going to get wrecked by pirates and such for going solo. To punish them further is pointlessly mean.

I think his view is that combat builds should be faction only while anyone who wants to go solo has to do a frigate and play civilian.

That's completely retarded. That you think so, I mean.

Looking through it I'm not seeing any major nerfs to the destroyer. Most of them got their number of spinal mounts reduced by 1, but aside from that nothing much changed. The Carapace actually got cheaper without any downgrades.

Cost is irrelevant. You can already afford to buy the biggest ships with the same budget.

Sure, but those bigger ships generally can't get 23 navigation.

THE GUN IS GOOD, THE PENIS IS EVIL

Yeah, but they do get everything else in a much higher amount. Which again shows that destroyers are completely pointless when you take the only thing they did have away from them. They should have been buffed, not nerfed.

>I made this really quick CYOA the other day
You keep going on and on about that one, but it's not acutally fun without knowing the consequence. I mean sure we can argue if the choices are obvious or are reverse, we can also bring your personality into that to talk about what thought process would you have and try to guess it giving you more attention. So it's a meta attention-grabbing statement, but it's a bad CYOA.

Special Stat CYOA: (+3)
Strength:
>Charisma:
>>Dominance (-1)
>>Attractiveness (-1)
Endurance:
>Stamina:
>>Longevity (-1)
>Health:
>>Sickness Immunity (-1)
>>Recovery Rate (-1)
Agility:
>Sociability:
>>Social Skills (-1)
Luck:
>Incoming
>>Happens To Me (-1)
>Outgoing
>>What I Do (-1)
>Surround
>>Others Do Nearby (-1)
Drawbacks:
>Jumping (+1)
>Morals (+1)
>Toughness (+1)
>Flexibility (+1)
>Study Rate (+1)
>Absorbency (+1)

> Yeah, but they do get everything else in a much higher amount.
Not really. Compared to most of the cruisers, the Carapace trades away around 2 points of armor and some broadside and point defense mounts in exchange for about 8 points of navigation and more spinal weapons mounts. The base hull is a bit more expensive than most cruisers, but since it's a destroyer all of its hull mods are cheaper to offset the higher base cost.

Other destroyers like the Viking and the Tribe also compare pretty well to the average cruiser, with a little bit less firepower and a little bit more speed than cruisers of similar base cost, and again being destroyers their hull mods are cheaper.

>Citrus Vampire
>Divine Pupper
>Smartest Phone
I just want a good boy, the other two are just bonus.

Anyone have the vampire version of this CYOA?

>comparing the best destroyer to "most" cruisers

okay, opinion discarded

Well Destroyers are supposed to be capable of taking Battleships, at least that's what the navy uses them for.

I see no problems with destroyers both as solo ships for smuggling/leisure cruises and as fleet support. Get them stealth screen and torpedos, boom, I sunk your battleship.

Considering the Carapace works out to be about the same cost as most of the cruisers, it's a fair comparison. The price of hull mods can easily exceed the cost of the entire base hull, so the fact that the Carapace only pays x3 on hull mods instead of x4 like a cruiser would makes them cost a similar amount in total.

Compare the Carapace to, say, the Er'el, which is by no means a low tier cruiser. The main difference between the two is that the Er'el has 8 more broadside mounts while the Carapace has 10 more navigation.