Measuring in sats

>Measuring in sats

top kek in your face rly

You are retarded.

i used to measure in sats but now that fluctuations in btc have impacted alts to a lesser degree its becoming obvious that alts are decoupling themselves from the dinosaur coin so looking at fiat is becoming the better thing to do.

>in which sats?

>ahh yess, I made so much USD

>he doesn't measure in req

Learn Up

>Buy an altcoin at 5x sats/20$
>Price of altcoin drops to 4x sats
>But BTC price increases
>Now you have $25 with your alt, but it would be better to just hold bitcoin instead, in other words, you didn't made shit and your trade was actually a failure
Why frogposters are so retarded?

Has to be a troll...This is a game of sat collection at its core...If you can't figure that out, you're in for a bad time.

I thought it was a meme that people measured in sats, turns out they are actually that retarded.

Everyone correcting this guy, SHUT THE FUCK UP, it's better if idiots think like this.

But user, the argument isn't that increasing fiat with alts is better than holding BTC when it goes up at a greater rate. The argument is that fiat actually matters, where as sats only matter for their fiat value.

For all you autistic maximalists here, would you care about sats if BTC crashed to 1c? Shut you up didn't it.

>buy an altocoin at 10k sats
>price of altcoin increases to 15k sats
>but BTC price goes down 50%
>turns out you'd be better of holding Amazon stock
???

>The argument is that fiat actually matter
That's irrelevant here, because when you buy any altcoin you are trying to make an successful trade, and measuring altcoins in fiat is counterproductive in this case, exactly because of what I said above.

You measure Bitcoin in $, but you measure altcoins in sats, because altcoins are nothing without bitcoin. They would literally have no value if it didn't exist.

>would you care about sats if BTC crashed to 1c?
I'd care about sats as long as the altcoins prices are measured in BTC. As long as that happens, it's counterproductive and retarded to measure alt value in $.

>measuring in LINK

But you're operating on the assumption that BTC will always go up faster than alts. This is obviously false.

Who says altcoins are measured in sats? It's one option yes, but many are paired with other altcoins and fiat. It's the most common at the moment but you can measure their value in fucking rice if you want and it's all the same.

>They would literally have no value if it didn't exist.

This

You want real life lambomoney you need good old dollarinos. Whether just staying in BTC is more profitable is another story.

>But you're operating on the assumption that BTC will always go up faster than alts.
I'm not. I'm operating under the FACT that alt value is measured in Bitcoin.

>Who says altcoins are measured in sats?
Can you trade altcoins for anything but Bitcoin? Can you buy rice with altcoins? The answer is no, which is why their value is tied to Bitcoin.

You guys are fucking retarded.
Jesus christ, how can someone be this bad at reading comprehension.

Again, It's simple counterproductive to make a trade with fiat in mind, for the reasons I mentioned above. If you can't refute that, just accept that you are wrong and move on.

Bingo, fuck sats, gimme profits

Are you joking? Yes you can trade altcoins for ETH, NEO, BNB, fucking FIAT, shitloads of things. And yes you can buy things with them. 0/10 troll.

>that alt value is measured in Bitcoin.
I open CMC and I see that the value is measured in $
you realize that value is value and you can measure it in hungarian forints if you want? you're a literal brainlet

If you're losing sats you're losing value against bitcoin which means you were better off simply holding btc. You want your alts to OUTPERFORM btc

Fuuuuck this past week, i just started getting used to measuring all my gains in terms of sats. basically get more sats.

should i switch back to USD value?

Sats measure how your alt is doing relative to the entire crypto market. If your coin is doing good and the entire market is growing it doesn't mean much for your coin.

One pizza is 0.1 millilambos, dollars have nothing to do with it.

Yes but again you're operating on the assumption that BTC will always be king and BTC will always rise. There is no way this is true.

and water is wet
how exactly does this correlate to the notion that I should measure my fucking shitcoins in sats?

>Altcoins for NEO
In what world is that true? Maybe Gas, or some very few altcoins, but when it comes to 99% of alts, that's false.
>ETH
True, you can trade most icos for ETH. Aside from BTC, I'd consider ETH the other coin that you can use to measure the value of alts, it's simply better to do with BTC because the range of coins affected by BTC is bigger. And ETH price is also affected by BTC.

> FIAT
No, you fucking can't. Try to go on Bittrex and trade your shitcoin 101 for fiat without trading for Bitcoin, or in the case of ICOs for ETH, first. I'll fucking wait.
Jesus, you are so retarded.
Why do you think that alts decrease in $ when BTC goes down, genius? Do you understand the idea behind alts not being used to trade ANYTHING except BTC? Do you understand the idea about the crypto market being valued in BTC and if BTC crashed, the entire market would go with it? Do you understand that alts only started to pop out because the trust that the market earned due to BTC?

Again, go to bittrex right now and try to trade your NEO for fiat, for hungarian forints or whatever you want, I'll wait right here.

>not understanding there is more to crypto than bittrex

I didn't realise I was talking to a five year old who got into crypto yesterday so I'm out

>strawman
Nice, when the arguments fail, you have to pretend that misrepresent my point.

Go back to talk to me when you can trade between alts and fiat freely without Bitcoin serving as a middleman.

you're beyond help
I am not going to waste my time explaining to you economics 101

BTCmarkets in Australia is what I use, you can buy a fair few alts directly with fiat. There are similar sites in most countries. Fuck off now kid.

>Operating under the assumption
He's saying things as they are right now. Everything else is speculation and irrelevant.
>Can't refute what I said
>b-but muh economics
Retarded.
First off, as far as I know, you can't even trade more than 20 alts for fiat without having a middleman. Second, even those alts, like Litecoin for example, have their USD value measured in Bitcoin. If you for example, try to trade your Litecoin for USD, you money that you will earn from it will be based on the value of sats. That's how every exchange works.

BTC is too volatile, i am more comfy with ETH

So you fags are telling me i shouldn't buy ETH and trade it to alts? I'm better buying BTC and trading to alts? Explain

Corecuck spotted

Corecuck just realized you can trade alts using ETH

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF Veeky Forums LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

And ETH value is measured in BTC.

Btc price doesn't increase when ETH does, but the opposite is true.

>Second, even those alts, like Litecoin for example, have their USD value measured in Bitcoin. If you for example, try to trade your Litecoin for USD, you money that you will earn from it will be based on the value of sats. That's how every exchange works.

Wow, no it isn't. The price is determined by what people are willing to pay. This price corresponds across all forms of payment because of the perceived value of the commodity. How do you brainlets actually invest money.

>alts decoupling from btc
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Wait until we have a bear market then see how decoupled we are

people who don't measure in sats lost half their BTC daytrading shitcoins but try to feel better because they're still green in USD
but the reality is they'd have even more money if they just held BTC

>The price is determined by what people are willing to pay.
Okay, cuck. Tell me in which exchange I can buy or sell Litecoin for a price that isn't tied to sats.

>This price corresponds across all forms of payment because of the perceived value of the commodity
You don't say.
Thing is, in practice every exchange bases the price on bitcoin because every altcoin is considered useless outside of serving as a means to earn bitcoin, or to buy illegal goods.

>Holding shitcoin 101 when it's around 5x sats and $1
>Btc is 3k
>3 months pass
>Bitcoin is now $15k, but shitcoin 101 has only 1x in sats
>I still have $1, which means I didn't lost money!
That's people who measure alts in USD on a nutshell.

You really don't get it do you. Literally every exchange just sells commodities, untied to anything. The prices just happen to correspond because that is their perceived value, and if there was a difference arbitrage would equalise it straight away. I don't know how to put it more simply.

And no, altcoins are not considered useless outside of earning bitcoin, that is something autist NEETs think. Bitcoin is obsolete desu and has no real world function, where as many alts do. They will survive after BTC is gone.

>people who don't measure in sats lost half their BTC daytrading shitcoins but try to feel better because they're still green in USD

This

They're just internally going LALALA everytime this discussion shows up

I recon half the people arguing over this are arguing two different arguments.

1. People think people are measuring in sats because they think sats is somehow superior to usd or is the future of currency

2. People think people are measuring in sats because it makes no sense to fall behind in sats and therefore no make as much money as if they'd just held btc

3. People think people are measuring in sats because the altcoins on exchanges' usd values are calculated by the usd value of satoshis, meaning those usd values for altcoins will fall wany time btc does even if the satoshis of the coin are still gainin

No wonder this argument is such a clusterfuck

Everything you are saying is literally irrelevant to the point. The question is, can I buy or sell Litecoin, or any altcoin, for a price that isn't tied to sats? If I can't, and Litecoin is sold at around $324 on exchanges, then I'm right, and you are wrong, because that price is based on the value of sats.

Your second point is just delusions and dreams, based on what you want to happen rather than how it is now. In the future many things can happen, I think you are wrong in thinking how you do, but I'm not going argue against it because I can't predict the future. I'm arguing how it is now.

Please explain to me what you mean by "tied to sats". This mystifies me and is actually pretty hilarious. That isn't how markets work.

Yeah nobody is arguing that holding BTC isn't often a better option, but retards think that is the point.

>Measuring in sats iz dumb
The lastest Veeky Forums psyop meme to make you even more retarded and lose even more of your BTC.

>Please explain to me what you mean by "tied to sats"
The value in USDT is based on the sat's price.
See Litecoin is right now only priced at $324 because Bitcoin is priced at 16k. If Bitcoin were to crash, and go to say, 8k, the price of Litecoin would crash along with it, going to $162(given the value in sats of LTC remained the same). That's how literally every exchange that trade alts work.

> BTC isn't often a better option,
It's not about that. The point is that's literally counterproductive to value alts in USD if you are making a trade. There's no reason to speak in terms of USD outside of Bitcoin unless you are a brainlet and don't want to learn sat values.

>USDT
I meant USD.

Nah you're wrong. Altcoins crash when BTC crashes due to market psychology, not because of some magical mechanism that somehow transcends dimensions to force prices to change. If it weren't for this psychology, the LTC price would indeed stay the same in fiat even if BTC crashes.

It crashes along with Bitcoin because exchanges value alts in sats you moron. Why do you think that it happens with EVERY other altcoin?

Notice this NEO chart. Back in August the price in sats had a retarded increase, but Bitcoin was still priced at 3k, so the value in USD only got to around 40$/50$. Now the value in Sats is shit compared to August, but since Bitcoin is at 16k, NEO is costing $70. If the price in terms of sats remained the same throughout the BTC rise, NEO would now be costing MUCH more.
Do you understand?

I measure in fiat because that's my end goal, that's what I can buy stuff with and live off of. I'm not thinking "hey I'll cash out at 7 BTC", I'm thinking "I'll cash out once I hit $100,000".

But BTC is going down relative to USD