Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Shattered Timeline Edition

Have your players ever fucked with the timeline? Did it work out reasonably well? What kind of fun repercussions were there?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1hzKSdlXaDC_9BtInIUDOua9_Ws1OzycotQmsZAf4Dk4/edit?usp=drive_web&usp=docs_home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can take Monstrous Companion feat to get a griffon as a cohort, or Monstrous Mount feat to get a griffon as an animal companion or special mount. Note that griffons have Int 5 and know Common, so thematically it's less like taming the griffon and more like making friends with one enough that it decides to stay with you.

Though if you do that, you can't cast Anthropomorphic Animal on your animal companion to give her a fun time in town!

WWW UNDERWEAR STATUS?!

Christ.

How would you stat pic related in 1PP only? Eileen the Crow from Bloodborne vaguely inspires an NPC I'm making for my campaign.

For all the pomp and circumstance, the BBEG's takeover of his kingdom had been a Pyrrhic victory. Without the war his grasp on the world was assured. And they had just prevented it.

The party found themselves going back to spark the war they had prevented, interfering with their past selves and fanning the flames to leave BBEG in an even more precarious position than when he originally took over.

Best repercussion was the idiot rogue who wiped himself off the timeline when he assassinated himself and disappeared.

I'm playing a shining knight paladin with a griffon in a home brew campaign, just got level 7 and spirited charge. The griffon actually does more damage than I do though.

What would you do with a clumsy, shy, but very large and strong homonculus maid girl, /pfg/?

harbinger.

Let her clean my things, but "discipline" her if she breaks anything.

She'll either grow to love the discipline, or cease breaking my shit.

I'd insure anything particularly valuable that I leave on display, and otherwise let her go about her work.

Teach her about love

Turn her into a real boy.

Your character awakes and discovers that someone has cut and stolen his/her hair. What does she/he do?

rape

"We got a new mule."

>"I had hair?"

>Be playing a campaign set in the past of the GM's homebrew world
>First session is before the revolution that starts off a new Empire
>One of the PCs, shining wit that he is (if you'll pardon the spoonerism), rolled an assassin and decided to work against us
>He kills the guy who was supposed to become the leader of the revolutionaries before we can save him
>I later get bored of playing a poorly-built monk, reroll as a barbarian/bard
>Typical eager young farm boy
>To complete the cliche, he's got royal blood he never knew about
>Become the new king when the revolution goes off
>Attempts by other players to make a communist dystopia are cucked
>GM's vision of us becoming a monolithic evil empire is stillborn
>High magic, holiness, and heroism become the order of the day

He doesn't have a home to clean and his crush probably wouldn't appreciate being given a sapient being as a "gift" so probably sell it.

Bye, Felicia.

Stop stealing my heart! You are creepy, Satan!

Spend a while trying to make it work with his wardrobe, wonder if senpai likes the Jason Statham look.

Is there an alchemical hair growth tonic or something. I feel like that should be an item.

Yes, griffons were the king of beasts and had intelligences far above the average dog or horse, yet were still below that of humans.

Furthermore, griffons may be able to follow complex conversations in Pathfinder, but they are incapable of speech and can only communicate through grunts, cries and growls.

Ultimately, the griffon should be treated as not quite a beast, yet not quite an intelligent thinking equal. They represent the apex of a knight's rise through mounts, and are something they'll be seen talking to constantly, but you'll never have a griffon telling you something isn't honorable, or they need to rescue the king of Brevoy otherwise people will perish.

1pp only? Some sorta Slayer!

I'd get my eyes gouged out and tear down the temple of the Philistines.

anybody got the Strange Aeons Player's Guide?
How about the correct PDF for part 5's maps?(the mega has 1-5 mislabeled; 1 is the last map thing for Hell's Vengeance, 2-5 are actually 1-4, and 5 is missing)

How do the Heavy Arms Hero vigilante talent and Powerful Build interact?

My character would hunt him down for shaving his mustache.

Is there any class, 1pp or 3pp, that grants constant water breathing and maybe a swim speed by a reasonable level? No capstone "gain the aquatic subtype" stuff, though getting the subtype somewhere in the low to mid levels would be nice. Trying to figure out how to build a character that's slowly turning more fishy, so just playing an aquatic race or using an item doesn't really fit.

Aegis has a customization for that.

One of the Harbingers Grim News options makes you stop needing to breath at all + swim speed.

Ackshually, a Seawater Nymph would be known as an Oceanid or a Haliae.

Maybe telling the thread about that idea was a mistake.

Ah, Aegis, is there anything it can't do?

Not entirely sure it fits since it's a summoned suit of armor, but will keep it in mind. Thanks for pointing it out!

You can always use the skin form, and wear actual armor on top of it.

Probably lets you apply 1 size larger 2handers in 1 hand, and 1-size-larger 1handers as lights, but that's just how I'd judge it for my players.

Just be an aberrant so that the mods are actually part of your body.

Skin form would be perfect for a diving suit too.

Honestly, what did you expect?

Which reply was your least hated, anyways?

Cool, will consider that one too.

Indeed, but at least it's not a "siren" that looks like a mermaid?

True, but I want something innate to the PC once they have it, and the suit just doesn't feel quite there, if that makes sense.

ABERRANT AEGIS

Huh, always thought that just summoned a "living" suit of some sort, but if it mutates you directly then it sounds pretty good. Lamashtan shark girl is go!

Playing Pathfinder for pretty much the first time, plan on being a half elf Trickery Domain cleric

wow I'm retarded. Meant to ask about any traps I should be aware of/tips/etc for building one

One of my PCs in my RotJR game I run is a Tiefling goblin that has natural, lustrous red hair. She got fucked up by one of the creatures in the Lamashtu temple, failed a save and lost all of her hair (in fact, was in the process of literally losing her head and become one of those creature).

She spent a good portion of her WBL to just get a wig once cured.

What about a wyvern?

Is a World Engine Avowed able to affect their own attacks with direction change or velocity increase ? If so it only physical shots or would, say, one of your multiple barrage beams be affected?

Meanwhile, in the world of LOGS
>"Well I'll have you know this most certainly is NOT the latrines you gallivanting slattern of a man!" the torchbearer declared as he seemed to straighten his posture. "This here is private property of the lord! And you know what they say about that! Hippity hoppity get-" the man's voice was suddenly cut off by a bloody gasp as four bolts land in his torso. Thin, shimmering bolts as though they were crafted from pure silver

Ah, the Vargouille. Gotta love 'em.

Oh, heavens no! You need a special feat and class for that, and you only get the wyveren when you're level 16!

Silly.

Aside from the jokes
What ideas do you have for the character?
Same user You haven't really gave much aside from a cute concept.

WHY DIDN'T DHB APPLY, I'M ANGRY

First time RPGs in general?

Or you could play DHB's Wyvern Rider UC Cavalier, which is a 4 level prepared charisma caster cavalier with a Wyvern Mount.

What would the stats and class of a military genius?

Link?

You can get the AP players guides for free on paizo's website.

Any class, high int, a whole bunch of ranks in skills such as knowledge(history) and profession(soldier).

docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

One of the UC Cavalier archetypes.

docs.google.com/document/d/1hzKSdlXaDC_9BtInIUDOua9_Ws1OzycotQmsZAf4Dk4/edit?usp=drive_web&usp=docs_home
Wyvern Rider archetype for the Dread homebrew.

Costs 125 points
WS 4, BS 4, S 3, T 3, W 3, I 4, A 3, Ld 10, Sv 4+
Special Rules: Iron Discipline, Master Strategist, Tactical Genius

Why Dread of all classes? Psionics and Dragons don't really seem to fit well thematically.

What about on information vegetable, animal and mineral?

Because I got inspired by the idea of the Pegasus Knight Paladin and wanted to make a counterpart, yet Antipaladin was a shit chassis and forced into evil alignment when FE wyvern riders have been in all sides of the alignment spectrum.
If the pegasus knight is a figure that inspires hope, then the wyvern rider ought to inspire fear in their foes. Which means Dread. And the class needs some more love too.

> and the class needs some love too
Amen to that brother. I think it's a pretty cool archetype.

What game?

That particular character kind of IS just a joke at this stage, albeit one that's clearly gotten out of hand. She and the other construct are potential additions to the PC I am playing right now, a construct-crafting alchemist with absolutely no qualms about dumping his blood, sweat, tears, and possibly literally soul into his creations. She'd be a background character left behind to manage his portion of the party's home base. Could maybe have an initial scene where she subverts another PC's expectations.

PLD, that was the start of combat with the Manticore thing

How would a Cossack-like character behave?

As if they were under the thumb of Rasputin

It looks like a fun idea, I think it could be a good time.

2hu was present only for some time this session and didn't actually play because reasons. Overall...

>puts effort into their roleplaying
>puts effort into fights
>treats the game like a very serious business
>very goal oriented
>terribly blunt (bordering on outright offensive) at voicing their complaints

Not that bad but I can see why some people hate them. And we do have fun though that fight was hard and stressful.

Just wait until 2hu finds something to offended over.

Plotspin idea

>Overlewd gets Undyne, Zyke, and Titania from PLD as gods.

>Overlewd gets 8+ apps in a matter of hours
>mfw Supersentai game doesn't even have enough apps to make a full party yet.

The fuck is super sentai

Thanks for reminding me I need to finish my Supersentai app.

They can affect their own attacks, and I think it's just physical shots.

Well, the GM hasn't really nailed down gods so far, so he might be open to the idea if they're re-fluffed as just demon lords or something.

That's because Super Sentai is a troll game.

its because super sentai is a fucking awfully pitched game

in every sense of the word its a stellar example of how NOT to host a campaign

This, it looks like a bamboozle straight up.

says attack though which is why I was wondering. barrage is a "weapon" too.

So what's Overlewd doing right? Is it just that it's not being all "THIS IS A REFERENCE" about its tone and style?

Yes. Its also pretty upfront about what it is. And generous chargen rules

not having retarded "totally hilaaaarious" titles for all the threads

not being run by some unfunny furry meme of a gm

pretty much everything about it just comes off as a really shitty joke even by /pfg/ standards

and who wants to play in a joke?

But on the other hand, it's named "Overlewd". It's also in a homemade setting that's bare bones at best, and is really clearly being made up on the fly.

So what?

The only non-shitty option for dragon-y companions is to use N. Jolly's Legendary Vigilantes material. One of his book adds an archetype that gives a drake companion, and that specifically makes up the biggest ways in which Paizo made drake companions shitty.

Note that despite the "vigilante" class you don't actually have to be a vigilante, because N. Jolly also did an "exposed vigilante" archetype that trades away dual identity and has you count as both social and vigilante identity for all abilities.

Jolly is so based.

That's not a bad thing unless the GM is incompetent.
The good side of it is that it allows for a lot of leeway if you just stay within the GM's guidelines and don't be an asshole.

The bad side of it is when the GM hits a wall and it becomes clear that he's started to run out of ideas.

Being made up on the fly isn't an issue for me. It's just that the GM is sending mixed messages with the "you're evil thing" but is portraying out enemy less as something that should be destroyed or oppose or villains and more like a slightly decadent empire that's kinda losing it's way. It feels more like a set up for a campaign about reformation as opposed to conquest. It's fine if that's what the GM wants, but it makes me wary of my concept.

It's basically a dumb silly fun game. A lot of us like having dumb silly fun games every so often.

The GM has gone on record as saying that the tone is going to shift to fit the players' characters.

It seems like you're getting mixed messages because the GM hasn't decided on a specific direction--he's making the game to be able to go either way.

Alright everyone, just as a reminder, you have THREE days left to get in your WWW apps!

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west

You can also find me on the Discord if you've got any questions, its almost time! I'm excited!.

there's also the fact that sleep is more or less reliable and proved his competency

he has another game going and is in several other pfg games

meanwhile the augunas guy is just a wildcard

>augunas

WAIT WHAT

IS EVEN HIS NAME A MEME?

Sentai confirmed for a fucking boozle

Who are you on discord?