How would he fare in 40k?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTCm3vTB1I4
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113150999
youtube.com/watch?v=cMEQp5BZHO8
youtube.com/watch?v=p1JEUICjXxE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good.

He has no feats, everything is gameplay with no books or comics to explain what he's capable of.

Yeah probably. He's lost primarch material.

What do you think the tyranids are running from?

About five minutes.

I think you mean "how would the 40k universe fare against him?".

Serious Sam?

He'd make a great Eversor

As long as he steers away from tomb worlds he should be able to wreck shit up. Might even be immune to psyker or chaos control from being so damn pissed off agaisnt them.

Lost Primarch.

He'd go to the warp and kill *all* the demons.

Clearly you don't know about how the Cyberdemon is HUGE, and has HUGE GUTS.

>That thread again

he is eaily primarch level

what legion woulf better fit the doom guy, Veeky Forums?

Literally meaningless.

I don't recall ever moving fast enough in the games that I can speedblitz every single enemy while they move so slow they appear to be static or in slow motion. If NuDoomguy was actually Primarch level it would be physically impossible to lose the game.

Primarchs tear through armies. Doomguy in-game has trouble killing rooms of demons.

>Doomguy in-game has trouble killing rooms of demons.
GIT

>literally meaningless

Guess you haven't actually read the fiction huh.

I don't know much about 40k, but I'm pretty sure he would survive as long as Jason Bourne would in the Halo universe

Best case? He makes Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh, and Tzeench his beating toys.

Worst case? He dies horribly.

>he has no feats

defeating a city-level enemy; the Titan

Huge guts.

youtube.com/watch?v=KTCm3vTB1I4

We would RIP and TEAR Nurgle huge guts.

He would rape everything in the warp and beat all the gods of chaos one after the other.

That's what he do.

easily makes a mockery of the warp and anyone who dares oppose him

World Eaters

>he hasn't read the DOOM books where him, his lady sidekick, a kid hacker, and a Mormon sniper save the world from demons

>Draigo

The Mormonism thing really came out of left field, which is surpising to say the least. "Interesting" is the best way to describe those books.

Black Templars

This one looks pretty Nic Cagey.

Presuming that he succeeds in making a beeline straight for the Warp for demon-murdering (somehow not getting obliterated by the Mechanicus), he'd probably end up in the same spot as Tuska & live happily ever after

He killed a Titan-sized demon,a lone, between games.
You walk through its skull in the latest game.

Is literally the plaything of the gods, whatever he destroys they rebuild instantly.

same with the Empire

Draigo does it so others don't have to (although he's still a shitty character)

He's human, through and through, and now every human has a similar attitude to him.

He would like it, and demon fighting has just reached a new level.

But if he goes solo, then I'm sorry, there are just so many things that can kill him, and his technology is starting to be a bit dated (BFG is basically a plasma cannon).

So depends on his decision.

>BFG is basically a plasma cannon

A plasma cannon fully capable of clearing out whole areas without over-heating.

Even so, Doomguy is shown to be quite adept at learning how to wield new weapons on the fly.

Fine, Ryza-quality plasma cannon.

No matter what though, he is one man. And a man can not fight an entire universe, especially when they're not a god and said universe is 40k.

It also propagates through walls due to the interesting firing mechanics of the BFG9000. Surprisingly, the projectile isn't really meaningful.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113150999

Explains how the BFG9000 works.

TLDR; the projectile barely matters. A half second after impact the BFG emits an invisible cone in the direction the player was facing when the projectile was fired that deals absolutely ludicrous damage.

He's a big transhuman in armour who smites daemons and corrupted humans all day everyday. He'd probably be pretty popular.

>Guess you haven't actually read the fiction huh.
There is no fiction for NuDoomguy, who is completely different from the old Doomguy and is basically a reboot.

How does he fare in 40k?

How would MC (lore friendly) fare in 40k?

His armor weighs 500lbs, he can run at around 50mph and lift up to 3 tons. His reaction time is around 20 miliseconds and his bones are near unbreakable. His injuries can be temporarily patched up with a biofoam injector within his suit (Mark VI+)

Nic's crazy face would be perfect for Doomguy. Fund the movie!

It's been discussed to death and beyond.
The Space Marine wins easily.

What? I don't think this is true. I'm pretty sure he's exactly the marine from doom 1 brought back in the far future. After the portal to hell opened, they utilized it as a power source. When it went to hell, they resurrected a man too angry to die to do what he was made to do.

And for you to say primarchs would easily cut through what he did, with the equipment he has, is pretty uneducated I think, since you're caught up on no sources or idea of relative power. For all you know, a primarchs with a shotgun and this universe's marine armor would have a rough fight against a cyber demon.

yes obviously, but that's not what I'm asking

If you pay attention to just about anything in NuDoom, it's clear he's a supernatural entity blessed by angels and rogue demons alike to fuck hell up directly and is feared in hell as the anti-satan.
That bit where he wakes up in a coffin at the start? They had to drop a cathedral on him to stun him long enough to put a lock on it.

He's directly referred to as "Incorruptible" by the old texts you can find in Hell.

Rage has no axis, only magnitude. You can neither steer not misdirect that which has one direction by nature.

have you not played the game? NuDoomGuy is heavily implied to be the leader of the Night Sentinels, and possibly betrayer of his own kind

About as well as any other daemon prince of Khorne.

NuDoomguy is from a race of angelic guardians and doesn't even age. He's not the same guy as old Doomguy, who was just a really strong marine.

> For all you know, a primarchs with a shotgun and this universe's marine armor would have a rough fight against a cyber demon.
Lolno, a naked Primarch's flesh is stronger than Terminator Armor and can tank lascannon strikes, and they can throw a stone with such force that the stone can penetrate power armor. Konrad Curze for example throws knives so hard they hit like bolter shells.

Yeah, and you wake up on the table and start fucking shit. And the robot pussy keeps talking about waking you up to help, or something, I dunno, I kept punching the monitors. Then he locked me up at the end, but I'll get him.

>no books or comics
Hello child

Why do angelic guardians wear military green power armor.

>I haven't played NuDOOM

see Slayer's Testament I

>seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him
>He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels

He's the Betrayer

Why does the shit the robot pussy says piss him off so much, then? Why does he care about that at all?

Slayer's Testament VI

>And in his terrible rancor between worlds and through time, the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to his evil cause. The wretch adorned the Doom Slayer in a mighty armor, wrought in the forges of Hell, impenetrable and unyielding.

>Cannot fight an entire universe
>His defining feature is that he literally fights HELL

Anyway, nuDoomguy is no longer a man, more like the physical embodiment of apocalypse to demons.

I want to see him team up with the Legion of the Damned.

Probably because he's having deja vu as he witnesses humans being overrun by Hell's forces, or he just doesn't want to hear what Hayden has to say. His hatred for the demons has no limit and no end, he doesn't want to hear about Hayden's "compromise" or half-measures for dealing with hell, which is also why he destroyed the filters.

"You think the only way is to kill them all"

The Legion of the Damned have no need for him, they're way more kill-y than Doomguy. The Legion of the Damed once killed so many Khorne cultists, daemons, and Chaos Space Marines that they created a literal ocean of corpses you could swim through. Helps being intangible yet still being able to hurt the enemy.

>Basically the plot of Quake 3/Champions.
BTW, how would pic related fare in 40K?
I read some godawful 40K/DOOM fics and I want to make something more "down to earth".

Yes, and he once depopulated hell to the extent that they had to drop a cathedral on him to temporarily seal him away. Of course neither needs the other, but just fucking imagine.

standard imperial storm trooper shit

That doesn't really mean much considering most DOOM demons, even the big ones, would be nothing more than mooks in 40k. Even Cyberdemons are pretty shitty in comparison to Lords of Change or Bloodthirsters. Contrary to what the shitty 40k video games made you think, 40k Daemons aren't these derpy slow moving monsters. A lot of them act like they're from fucking Anime.

>The giant Ukrainian powerhouse trooper Oleg Gontar, who possesses beneficial mutations inherited from his grandparents who survived the Chernobyl disaster, is paired up with the tactically brilliant but critically injured Captain A. A. Milne (named for the famous author) by having the man's consciousness uploaded into his own brain, creating a unique combination of brawn and brains. Together they are dispatched to a top-secret UAC research base on Mars where a disturbance has been reported. A maniacal priest Fuentes has broken out of imprisonment and obtained a mysterious alien object being researched at the base which can make the thoughts of anyone nearby it into reality. Using the device, the priest has managed to unleash the forces of Hell.

i sure don't recognize your plot user

youtube.com/watch?v=cMEQp5BZHO8

Only in FFG where normie humans can level up until they can carry tank cannons.

(God damn is FFG retarded)

Then look towards the Titan if you want impressive kills by Doomguy.

no i think he is just a storm trooper with funky weapons and an exo plus carapace armor.
bfg is kinda like a meltagun.

Yeah, it turns out that the UAC copied the Demon's armor.

>its a "Veeky Forums doesnt play videogames" episode

Not really applicable because we don't know how fast it was moving. Titans are super lethal in 40k, but a Space Marine killing them isn't typically impressive as it just means they cut a hole in the top of the "head" or "foot" and carve their way through the crew. Doomguy could have done something similar with little danger to himself, going on his own "Fantastic Voyage".

Some people have nightmares of Daemons.

Daemons have nightmares of Doomguy

>Titans are super lethal in 40k, but a Space Marine killing them isn't typically impressive

He killed the local version of Satan with a fucking sword.

That's like murdering a Chaos God with a Combat knife.

>and possibly betrayer of his own kind
That was mentioned to be another

Doomguy is the only opposition the demons are facing, meaning he had to kill that Titan, whose attention was completely undivided, presumably while contending with every other demon in the area. He'd presumably have been killing it while under fire from several outside forces while the Titan is purposefully trying to kill him specifically.

>Even Cyberdemons are pretty shitty in comparison to Lords of Change or Bloodthirsters
I don't think the average Bloodthirster spews as many missiles while being immune to missiles.

>That's like murdering a Chaos God with a Combat knife.
i know a guy who could do it.
he could do it by accident while running away.

Damn it Henderson.

But user, Sly Marbo doesn't run away.

>Titans are super lethal in 40k, but a Space Marine killing them isn't typically impressive
Context. Titans will murder your ass from a mile away with a nuclear blast that vaporizes a couple square miles and can trade shots with a starship, but some Assault Marines or Chaos Space Marines dropped on top of one can cut their way inside. The Titan is completely defenseless against such an assault. Kharn and his retinue of Berserkers recently killed a titan in this exact manner, jumping off a large building and landing on the hull. They cut into it and carved it up from the inside out with no danger posed to themselves.

Didn't he do that because he was offended that the Titan wasn't focusing on him?

He's an above-average Scion, but at the end of the day he's still a "person."

He'd do well enough in service to a Rogue Trader or Inquisitor, but he's no Space Marine.

If they do a movie of Doom and put some fucking effort into it then you should not see Doomguy's face.

Ever seen the film Hardcore Henry here is whole thing

youtube.com/watch?v=p1JEUICjXxE

1st person film can be done. Maybe if they do it again they won't balls it up like last time.

>and can trade shots with a starship

You know, I like 40k because the mental imagery of what happens in the setting is the coolest shit imaginable, but at no point had I considered a giant robot on the ground and a moon sized space cathedral trading exterminatus.

NuDoomguy is the same as oldDoomguy, he has just been improved by third parties to fuck hell up like the Heretic in hell.

what are you talking about? the armor was extracted from rock

are you saying things that are blatantly wrong in every post on purpose?

You seem to be confused. "The Titan" isn't just some giant thing. It's the devil. It is literally the strongest thing the infernal realm could throw at the Doom Slayer. It's a demon with a skull the size of a house. in a world where the smallest demons can spit plasma into their hands and juggle it.

>Doomguy's armor was made by a demon
>The UAC copied Doomguy's Armor
>The UAC is somehow not copying demon armor

Well, that means I can go nuts once Ranger gets the proper equitment. Thanks.

You can't have a doomguy thread without Samus or vica versa.

The two lost primarchs must always be spoken in the same breath after all.

>he's no Space Marine

I'm not disputing that, but a quick read-up on the Scions tells me that they are just well-trained humans without any augmentations and no energy shields. I could be wrong though. Sounds like Spartan IIs are more like an intermediate between Elite guardsman and Space Marine

Yeah, I'd disagree with him about the Scions. That intermediary option sounds about right to me.