I'm writing up a Fallout game set in Florida

I'm writing up a Fallout game set in Florida.

I know there was that canceled Tactics game or whatever that was going to be partially set in Florida, but there's not that much information. I'm going to be dumping some of my notes if anybody wants to make fun of me or suggest neat ideas for Fallout: Florida.

Other urls found in this thread:

ate-ck2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The island of Florida was separated from the USSA during the Great War by extensive bombings. The Jackson Divide is a mountain range that sprung up due to tectonic shift along the northern edge of Florida. The entire north is a glassed wasteland of radioactive ponds.

Everglades are referred to as the Kingdom of Atom and is ruled by the religious group. This is a different sect than the northern east coast believers and the leader of this sect is called the Nucleus. Resembles the Papacy and the throne sits deep in a nuclear waste storage facility 15 miles below a US military offshore airbase which is visible from the delta coast.

Atom lake hit by 3 nukes, extreme radioactivity mutated a species of plankton that acts as a super organism, resulting in the entire lake being sentient. Children of atom consider it to be an avatar of Atom. Really it just wants to be left alone.

Cult of atom inhabits tanker that has been washed inland by tsunamis caused by gigantic nuke hit in Gulf of Mexico, sits near Atom Holey Preservation Park.

Atom Holey Preservation Park glows red and can be seen from across the Kingdom of Atom.

Alligators suffered one of four fates; Allighouls, became infected with FEV and became hulking Toadline level 45 foot long monsters, lost their legs and became completely aquatic and emit very high levels of radiation, or rarely gained intelligence and live tribally though cannot speak and are hostile to all outsiders

Why not all four?

Florida experiences mini hurricanes caused by a radioactive cloud off the east coast. They incessantly hit the island, causing the highest levels of rainfall in the world. Combined with the increased nationwide average temperature,
Southern Florida has become a tropical rainforest.

I honestly like the idea of some of the alligators becoming like the pic related from FarCry: Blood Dragon

These notes were written in bed on an iphone so they look like shit. What I meant was that all four types exist, different populations turned into one of those 4 types.

A radioactive G.E.C.K. Has created dozens of mutant plant species that range from beneficial to potentially world (re)ending.

Mutated Mangroves now grow as quickly as bamboo, and they desalinate bodies of water that they grow in, forming incredibly salty nuts. Mangroves naturally extract salt from the water they pull in and deposit it on the surface of leaves. Called Mutgroves

A captive population of ringtailed lemurs was exposed to FEV and they now possess six limbs arranged on the torso like an insect and four muscular tails. Their entire coat is now ringed like their tails and their faces are eerily manlike and set into the top of their torso, though their intelligence has actually decreased. They are referred to in the Kingdom of Atom as Inmates due to their coloration. Their population has exploded and constantly harass travelers in the swamp.

A population of super mutants affected by the same strain of FEV as Inmates possess an extra set of arms and two vestigial atrophied legs that hang from their groin. They call themselves Spiderkin and range in intelligence from doglike to a dim human. Their ears are non existent and their noses are just holes in their face.

Not OP, but another good spot for their home base could be Turkey Point. It's a huge Nuclear Power Generator real close to the everglades and its right on the east coast

Abominations called Wendigos inhabit the swamps, they are twisted deer-like humanoids with thin but extremely powerful limbs ending in meter long scythe like talons. They stand 12 to 18 feet tall and are aggressive to the point of insanity. Those who've seen Deathclaws up North say the resemblance is striking. They have multiple esophaguses and they make a sound like multiple people making blood curdling screams. Fortunately they are rare enough that many consider them a legend.

I've Actually replaced that with Southern Florida Fusion Center, being one of the few places in the USSA that got their Fusion infrastructure up and running before the bombs fell.
The Southern Florida Fusion Center lies on the outskirts of the Miami ruins. It has been modified by unknown persons with dozens of lightning rod-like structures all over the campus and buildings. A series of 50 foot tall Tesla coils on the roof are powered by the fusion reactors inside and it causes a cage of electricity. A byproduct, or perhaps the actual purpose, of this is that a large amount of the electricity discharges into the sky feeding generating incredibly severe thunder storms. The fusion center is also dotted with a dozen unexploded nukes as it utilized a brute force hacking program to disarm them. Somebody has built faraday cages over them.

I don't really know how to tackle Disney World in this though, I don't want to make it boring but I also don't want to just nuke it. Fallout doesn't seem to have addressed this in any of it's lore though. This is what I came up with:

A private Vault below Walter World houses an entire city with pre-war technology and standard of living. This vault remains sealed and is free of Vault Tec experimentation. Their sensor equipment is experiencing serious bugs and is registering false positives for continued nuclear blasts for the last 200 years. They believe the war still rages above between the Chinese and the Americans. Mick Walter remains cryogenically frozen in the vault.

The east coast of the Island of Florida is a wreck, florida was hit really hard during the MAD exchange. Only the very western outskirts of Miami still exist, though they are covered with radioactive mud and concrete dust.

I'm trying to make Florida the Radioactive deathworld Jungle I know it should be. Also we are playing it in GURPS with tactical shooting and shock rules and all the like so I expect a TPK within 3 sessions.

Alright, the Fusion Center tackles that really well actually. I like the weather control aspect of it as well, gives it a Helios One vibe

There's a lot of different factions running pre and post-war weather control devices. This results in nobody getting their desired effect and the whole island is just ravaged by hurricanes and thunderstorms. It's so bad that huge ball lightning explosions in the sky cause EMP blasts during especially violent storms.

Suggestion: in an elaborate mod for Crusader Kings 2 (the medieval grand strategy game), set in post-apocalyptic USA, there is a tribe in Florida known as "The Mouse."
ate-ck2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mouse

Perhaps you can do something similar in Orlando: a tribe based off of Disney World or referencing it. Also allows to make use of the park's myriad rides, landscapes, locations, and even imported foreign animals (thank you Animal Kingdom).

If you wanted to shoehorn in any kind of BoS like presence I would stick them on a mobile base engineered out of the Canaveral Launch Crawler.

The Vehicle Assembly Building at Canaveral is insanely huge; When crossing the causeways between the mainland and barrier islands (bridges being basically the only tall structures with unobstructed views in central Florida) you can see the thing like a monolith in the distance. Might be cool to fill it up with some group either dedicated to escaping into space or re-purposing rocket technology into mad-max rocket trucks for muddin' in the swamps.

Goddamn that's a fucking fantastic idea, a group of people turning the launch crawler into a mobile base. Florida is so flat it could effectively go anywhere, and with those massive tracks it wouldn't care about the swamps. They could possibly have something like the shuttle main fuel tank converted to a base on the top of the crawler. 10/10 idea user.

fuckoff some of us weren't here yesterday

Archive is a thing, you know, newfag?

And we had this thread already so many times it's getting boring.

>yfw when this is already canon

>being this butt devastated
>ever

I totally forgot about that mod! Yes, I will definitely be doing something like this.

I'm not sure that it's in Florida or just some random company's space shit, but the BoS does have a launch crawler they use as a mobile base. I've got bigger plans for Cape Canaveral than that though.

The BoS has a foothold in Florida according to the canceled tactics game, and I've set them in central florida, north of Orlando and bordering the irradiated foothills of the Jackson Divide mountain range that runs along the northern coast of the island of florida.

Post the archive. I really like this idea.

Go figure yourself where is the archive and how to use it, newfag. It's not fucking summer

Lol so mad? For what purpose, maybe im just lazy.

hey emil, kill yourself.

Looks awesome, but as some who lives in Florida, South Florida wouldn't be a rainforest but just a giant extended swamp with the cities half sunk into it. Also the Keys would be gone under the water, as would a lot of the Southern Coast, sea level would be up to the tops of most houses.

IDK how realistic you're going but just my 2 cents. Looks cool though.

Ok so how does the Daytona area fare?

TFW the greater Jacksonville area is larger than fallout 4's map.

> Fallout
> Florida

Oh dear god

You need a character called Florida Man, who thinks himself a superhero. On the level of the Antagnizer

Is this going to get saved? I hope it is, it has some good ideas on it.

>not

We could put him a step above the Antagnizer. Whenever the plot needs to move, Florida Man is there!

Should Florida Man be a supermutant? He'd be dumb enough, and impossible to stop from being dumb.

>not entirely underwater
Shit tier realism, user.

The Panhandle would be fine but yeah, the south would be an island chain

Fallout's spiritual predecessor Wasteland had a pseudo sequel called fountain of dreams that was set in florida.

No, just make him some poor crazy guy with a strange version of "luck" with whatever situation he finds himself in.