sgiz.mobi/s3/db43d70dde08

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...

4e is good and has timeless advice for a new DM, applicable to any game.

this is /5eg/

Is War Magic a fun wizard variant? It looks fun, but I worry about how punishing using arcane deflection is in practice.

It's really boring.

Are people actually ticked off that their casters aren't overpowering martials?

Okay guys, let's go over downtime activities, and see what things should be added.

>Building a Stronghold
>Buying a Magic Item
>Carousing (DMG version/UA version)
>Crafting an Item
>Crafting a Magic Item
>Crime
>Gambling
>Performing Sacred Rites
>Pit Fighting
>Relaxation
>Religious Service
>Research
>Running a Business
>Scribing a Spell Scroll
>Selling a Magic Item
>Sowing Rumors
>Training
>Training to Gain Levels
>Work

What should be added?

Create Demiplane

Training others, to cover stuff like a wizard training an apprentice or a fighter training a town militia

Does a PC know if they've picked up a sentient item? I'm running Curse of Strahd and they've found the Sunsword, they're going to cast identify on it next session, and I don't know how much detail to go into

Probably at some time, not now though. Mostly /5eg/ is full of gishes.

Nobody complains that any published stuff is op, people just talk about buffing stuff. Ranger was big.

Holy shit, rules for training others sounds radical.

the Sunsword specifies that it communicates via emotion to someone who's attuned iirc

When they attune to it, they'd probably get a message.

>Last session ended with everyone else's PCs making some poor decisions resulting in them getting mind controlled.
>My PC wasn't there, the party's orders are to find me and stop me from reaching another city
>I have time and resources to spare, and am in a city so I can procure nearly any magic item of rare rating or less
>Only requirement is I can't kill them
>They're smart so I know they won't risk attacking with anyone around. I'll probably be ambushed on the way.

If it's going to be just me, them, and the items I get, what's the best way to make sure I don't get destroyed.

I'm a knight against a wizard, valor Bard, and artificer. My AC is crazy high so I think if I can shut down their casting I can survive but I'm not sure what I could use to do that. Also, does beating into unconsciousness tend to break mind control? I'm not sure how I should do that either.

Probably can ping that something is up, but until the weapon reveals itself it will be kept secret.

You could do a roll though, have the sentience roll a Wisdom save against the spell save of the identifying caster.

If it succeeds it's not known, fails, they know it's sentient.

It seems like you give up all the cool specific abilities for the ability to basically tell Concentration to get fucked and have a decent AC with a 14 DEX.

If you wanted to be a tough Wizard it's maybe as good as Abjurer but it's abilities are passive rather then active.

Scmoozing? Gaining contacts or influence/power?

>My AC is crazy high so I think if I can shut down their casting I can survive but I'm not sure what I could use to do that
Antimagic field user, invest in a way to gain access to it.

Mantle of Spell Resistance will keep you saving against hold person and fireball.

Yes calling non lethal knocking someone out could do it but it's up to DM.

>Script is working
>Chrome crashes
>Reload
>it's not working
FUCK

Does an identify spell tell it's sentient?

"Starting at 6th level, you can empower your spells that unleash harm on groups of foes. When you force multiple creatures to make saving throws against the damage of one of your spells, you can increase the spell’s damage by rolling two more of its damage dice. This increase occurs only on the turn you cast the spell."

What's the best spell for this? Something with only a few high damage dice and a large area of effect I imagine but nothing comes to mind except Fireball.

Since it's 6th level, the 5th level Fireball is really the best one for this at that level. I guess Meteor Swarm too.

Hire multiple people to dress as you and go before you on the path, then go off trailing through the woods with a ranger.

Huh, basically lets you cast a level 5 Fireball at level 6. That's pretty awesome actually.

probably erupting earth, because its a level 3 spell that uses d12s. going from 3d12 to 5d12 is a nice jump at level 6

That sounds awesome thanks!

My understanding of Identify is that you might as well let them read/copy the DMG description. Properties, charges, whether attunement is required, how to use it, everything. I'd say "sentient" counts as a property.

If you read the new UA, that's actually under Carousing and Religious Service.

A way to retrain class features/abilities and poach class features/abilities from other classes would be fucking sweet.

Why would you need to overpower something you can cast plane shift on?

That's clever as shit user. I'm LE so it won't be an issue.

Going to definitely invest in this.
So that's an 8th level concentration spell. I'd absolutely fucking love access to it but I can't imagine a way to feasibly get it. Any ideas on how to talk my DM into it? Tweaks to make it more balanced? Maybe a super super expensive item and it only lasts for 30 seconds once a day or something?

What are good ideas for a stronghold
>Awakening the Genie Loci
>Teleportation Circles
>Traps everywhere

>implying that list didnt have lots of stuff from the UA

It did, but I was pointing out that schmoozing is something on there already, just under another name.

Is going Fighter 1/War Mage X cheesy if I just want a Wizard who can stay in melee? For all the people who sperg about multiclassing UA imagine I said Fighter 1/Abjurer X.

>Guardian entities
>Mooks/minions
>Old Masters
>Trophy Room
>Non-humanoid inhabitants
>Phantom Zone
>NPC Face

if your just trying to tack on armor proficiency to a wizard, it looks cheesy but it really isnt that much stronger than just being a cleric or bard or stone sorcerer or mountain dwarf

I was actually going to use Medium and a Shield so I can sneak. Combine it with the War Mage's reaction to let me stay in melee to deliver touch spells and walls while being able to support the Fighty guys.

Maybe I'd be better off going with something else for medium though. A Knowledge Cleric might also make it clearer I'm not cheesing it for 20 AC.

Training toward tool proficiencies.

Already on the list, in the UA

Is it a paladins duty to kill all evil creatures since "evil" is a tangible thing? Say a level 1 party barely survived killing a bandit camp and they have to pay off the ogre that the bandits hired to save their lives and they go their seperate ways. is the paladin obliged to return to the ogre when hes healed and slay it?

I wouldn't say obligated but unless there's something more important he has to do and he has heavy reason to suspect the Ogre will be a threat to the commonfolk he should.

What Oath is he?

I don't know if he's obliged to kill the ogre but that would still be fucking cool.

Is it feasible to retrain class features with class features of other classes?

>Curse Bringer
Prerequisite: The Hexblade patron, Pact of the
Blade feature You can create a great sword forged from silver,with black runes etched into it blade, using your Pact of the Blade feature. If you reduce a target cursed by your Hexblade’s Curse to 0 hit points with this sword, you can immediately change the target of the curse to a different creature. This change doesn’t extend the curse’s duration. When you hit a creature with this weapon, you can expend a spell slot to deal an additional 2d8 slashing damage to the target per spell level, and you can reduce the creature’s speed to 0 feet until the end of your next turn.

This is actually so bad for Hexblade it's not even funny. If you use Hexblade you can use pretty much any Martial weapon with CHA bonus expect 2 handed so why spend all the neat flavor text on a thing a Hexblade will never want to use....

No that's not the way D&D works. If you want another classes features you'd have to multiclass and work up to it.

A high level Paladin can't go stealing a high level Monk's abilities without training long and hard as a Monk.

>level 1

Wouldnt he not have an oath by then?

I thought the only mortals who pinged as evil were clerics to evil patrons and those who had done colossal, staggering amounts of evil in their lifetime, not some punk bandits or an ogre.

Oh, sorry I missed that he was level 1. At this point it depends on his fluff, maybe he feels it would be a waste to die fighting it or he might decide that it has to be done.

So he's not really obligated to do anything.

Thats pathfinder. in 5E paladins cant detect evil period.

Chances are the Paladin's either going out on a limb to assume the Ogre's an evil individual if it was with bandits. Which is perfectly reasonable because Paladins are basically walking wacking sticks of their own ideology who murder those who disagree.

Or the Paladin has proof the Ogre's committed evil acts there's no redemption for.

>ogre
>redemption

How do you use Slaadi in your campaign, /5eg/?

I have a feeling you play Paladins the way they were always meant to be played. A murderhobo racist who believes himself to be LG and isn't an actual knight because everyone thinks he's insane.

Foreshadowing to an apocalypse they'll never get to play because they lose interest and the game and life is suffering.

Its an ogre, it terrorizes people for fun before it eats them. It makes clothes out of human skin, I doubt its even smart enough to understand what a "bad person" is.

You just gained a level of Paladin from milestone XP. Good roleplaying.

I am enjoying playing a pally so much. I fought it would suck because of it's potential to fall but it's all good, it helps with role playing.

I played a pally, loved it.
what oath did you go for?

I know it gets asked like every topic but I'm teaching a new DM how to run a game and was wondering what the best published adventure/module to run would be? Level 1s, gonna' be a simple dungeon crawl hopefully.

Sunless Citadel, remade in 5e in the yawning portal

What is the appropriate levels for multi-classing a Warlock/Rogue hybrid? A 10/10 spilt seems shitty but I can't figure out wich one i need to put more points into.

Also i played using a grid and mini's for the first time last night and it made the game way more fun. My favorite thing is they were super budget mini's from a local toy store. Player character minis were Theodore roosevelt figure, a clown, a cheap red plastic ninja, and a tiny alien with 2 daggers. We fought against green army men. Any one know of a good source of small cheap toys for use as mini's?

reposting mine from last thread, with other suggestions that spawned from them:
>building up/training an army
>establishing organizations (churches, university branches, hospitals, what have you)
>casting certain spells multiple times over time to make their effects permanent on an area
>create a new monster through magic- CR based on your character level, pick general roles, specifics could be fluff
>create new spells, similar to lore wizard's class functions but takes (some amount of time) x spell level
>work towards solving a particular problem in a town/community that isn't typical adventure stuff (agricultural issies, etc)
>rules for training levels (find a trainer, roll what level he can train you to, noble lifestyle costs, takes month x new char level

Got a question. A group of friends and that (5 players and a GM) are going through a campaign but we can only really play once a month because lives, jobs and shit. I was thinking that we could have our party start recruiting novice adventurers to make small parties to tackle local issues and shit; bandits raiding caravans, kobolds killing livestock, etc.|

It could be a way for our main party to do some of that downtime shit as well as letting us play some shit if only 3-4 people can play that week. Both a friend and I could DM little side quests without having to do hours of work.

How many people would be a realistic minimum for a party? I was thinking we could built a pool of ~15 Lv3-5 adventurers to take on little quests or something.

Are you retarded?
5e paladins can divine sense.

Chess pieces work great for groups of enemies that are bandits, goblins and other humanoids. You can use different figures for archers, sword and shield and etc.

For PC's I've heard good things about the D&D board games and the Dark Souls board game looks pretty but I know nothing about it. Really any board game like that will work and Warhammer Age of Sigmar ones should be pretty easy to find.

I have Magic: Duels of the Panewalkers and I took the paint off the Jace figure and repainted him for my Enchanter.

you probably dont want more than 3 levels in warlock, because warlock has really shitty scaling (maybe 5 levels for the second attack with your pact weapon if you go bladelock).

Go read it again. Retard.

Ouch. You hit very close to home, there.

I want to run an ancient-Egypt-themed game with slaadi, Kek, giant toads, a plague of frogs, a deranged priesthood and widespread chaos.

Should I take War Caster or Heavy Armour Master for my level 1 feat on a Fighter/Wizard?

I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that Kek was never funny.

Fighting on mountain side sucks,. Fighting against flying monster on mountain side sucks more. What terrain battle ground annoy you?

I mean the actual Egyptian god Kek, not the meme.

I mostly want bladepact, the ability to cast darkness and the Devil's Sight invocation so I can get advantage for sneak attacks with my rapier. Eldritch blast is pretty nice too. Is this a dumb multiclass? What else should i nab in my 3 level dip?

Jungles. Especially during the Giant Ape mating season.

Deserts are my favorite though. I love the aesthetic of the sandy endless wastes where you can't tell if that fire in the distance is going to be your salvation or bunch of slavers.

Grab the at-will Mage Armour if your DM isn't likely to throw you magic armour any time soon.

They can detect strong evil through their divine sense and they have the spell detect good and evil, you fucking illiterate retard.

I'm also kind of tempted to go to 5th level for thirsting blade (extra attack)

Not the guy your talking to but that's fluff. This is what the power is.

"Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell."

You can't detect and evil humanoid with that.

Maybe you should actually read the paladin entry before coming off as a complete illiterate retard.

>fluff text
>detect good and evil doesnt actually detect food or evil, merely more races than divine sense

Lmao

FRIENDS OF /5EG/

TELL ME HOW MUCH AN AVERAGE HOUSE COSTS IN YOUR SETTING

Warcaster, duh

My DM wanted 10000gp. The same price as a fully furnished, three story tavern.

An average house in a poorer part of town? About 150gp but it's effectively a tiny room plus you'll be taxed and most nicer houses are passed down by family and have the entire family living in them.

A cow costs 2gp and can be sold for 900$
A small house costs 175,000

So 200gp

400gp*

But to take war caster at level 1 you need to know at least 1 spell, meaning your first level can't be in fighter, and you miss out on heavy armor.

Chaotic lazy toad demons of a golden toad chaos god.

Eat my chode ya cunt. Read the fucking book sometime. Probably a fucking shitskin. Second language motherfucker.

Oh shit true. I mostly want Heavy Armour Master anyway because I already get to use my reaction for +2 AC or +4 CON saves.

Maybe Shield Master could be decent but that does also play on my reaction and I can't use the Shove without attacking.

Actually does anyone know if there's races other then Humans in Cormyr and if it's possible for them to become War Wizards?

high elf or forrest gnome and i think some genasi and tiefling have cantrips don't they?

1 gp is equivalent to $10

No it isn't. The economy of d&d (and medieval economics in general for that matter) can't be easily translated into a dollar value. For example, pigs and cows were WAY more expensive back then.

>a sword that takes a skilled craftsman two months to make
>20 bucks

Funny joke there, user.