Tell me about your character, Veeky Forums

Tell me about your character, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3pYDd5DU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wizard's experiment gone right.

LG Anthropomorphic toad wizard that rides around on a pony and summons demons to deal with his foes.

Has 7 Cha so likes to tip his hat to the ladies from atop the saddle.

Which one? The 2e aasimar priest that I've stat'd yesterday but don't really have a back story for yet or the PF teifling swashbuckler that I've written a 3.7k word back story for a Wrath of the Righteous premade campaign?

Both. Either. It's all good.

He hates cats

Recluse librarian turned recluse wizard.

Royally fucked up the first quest though, the party went to go rob a Baron's house since he was into some bad shit and a tablet was at the center of it. He couldn't sneak in with the others, so all he did was turn one of them invisible and wait outside. Eventually, the Baron himself was coming home, so he went to go and stall him. When asked where he came from, he accidentally let slip that his home was the nearby village. Motherfucker turned out to be a vampire, and was royally pissed when his guards told him someone was in the house. After the party escaped with his tablet and his house burnt down, his village was burned to the ground.

Now he wants to get vengeance on the Baron, but first he needs actual power to kill a vampire. He picked up some ancient book of forbidden knowledge which warned the reader to burn it on the first page. He's currently deciphering it to find some ritual for power. The late BBEG of the setting was a lich, so maybe he'll try to go down the same path and use his powers for good. Though this probably won't be the case since the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

He's a paladin whose backstory is the entirety of the song Black Parade by My Chemical Romance and pretty much nothing else.

An old pirate captain with a hatred for magic instilled by his treacherous second mate who led a mutiny against him. Barbarian who has been looking for his ship for years, and is currently employed by a powerful fey who promised to help him find it (the only reason he agreed to work with a magical creature.) Recently found out that she has had his ship since before she found him, and even toyed with him about it by putting it near him on adventures but disguising it. He's been slowly losing his sense of self and his morale, but is slowly getting it back by being so close to getting his ship. Once he does, he's planning on leaving the fey to embark on a Black Manta-esque revenge quest against his second mate.

A nobleman is good at games. Did not get much combat chances as the other player spend most of their resource every battle. A jealous noble chellenge him into a duel mistaking him for a wizard who is weak with a weapon. He and all the other player found out my character was an eldritch knight.

I'd love to, but I can't, because I don't get to play.

what fucking character?

I'm stuck as forever dm. My players are incapable of running a game.

I get no character to play.
I'm stuck with NPC's.......(also called fodder)

I'm really not that happy about it. Thanks for rubbing it in OPcock.

WHEN

Former officer who list his family because of his god damn fault and started drinking. Mostly inspired from Gladiator at first.

Aquitain noble Giovanni vampire in London, specialized in domination, politics and loadsa money.

Slightly mad shotgun decker with a minor AI girlfriend who's obsessed with conspiracy theories. Inspired by Case in neuromancer and Dipper in gravity falls.

Wizard (with the robe and hat and chainsmoking) in a far-flung outpost of civilization in a corrupt forest. Specializes in being able to understand the old remnants of civilisation there - and throwing fireballs. She now kinda worships some sort of old god granting her visions of the future.

He's a blacksmith who was working on a sword with his master commissioned by their town's mayor for the head of the town's militia. Said head of the militia betrayed the town for a foreign army before the sword was given to him, and my character was the only survivor. Now he carries the sword on his quest to bury it in the bastard's chest, unwilling to use or even draw it from its scabbard.

A tabaxi violinist Valor Bard who is obsessed with finding the land of Ulthar and Celephais, because somewhere beyond that, he believes, he will find his home - in truth he's afraid those lands may not exist outside the confines of ill remembered dreams from his youth and his quest is vain.

Skill epertise is in Persuasion and Deception as I usually play tank types and combat builds and while I still think that that is useful in a character I envy those times when diplomacy could have made a significant difference in things and I was unable without the charisma backing.

Before these dumbass pink mohawk amateurs showed up, I had a nice gig going. I had my own abandoned motel on the outskirts of Odessa and a regular gig with my Ork Rock band to keep me in nuyen when the more... lucrative... jobs were sparse. I wish their little chase scene hadn't caught my attention, and I may have thrown up a teensy little force wall to crash their bus because I thought there might be some paydirt going down. I mind controlled the biker thugs that were coming after them and had them all drop stun grenades at their own feet. I mean, what kind of assholes carry stun grenades anyway? Sure, I decided to tag along, but it was probably a mistake. These guys are class A guns-blazing coffin-fodder. But hey, I was getting bored.

Fuck.

I forgot my axe. I mean my guitar, and also my axe. I forgot my axes.

Younger half elf (34)
Spent his early years as a son of a noble in a well off house. Father was a Duke, loved by his people
At 19 wanted to learn more and joined the Church of Tyr. Became a paladin and turned over his next in line status to his younger brother.

Got knighted by his father on his 22nd birthday before being asked by the church to move to a new temple to train orphans in the ways of martial combat.

A few months ago the church heard rumors of a cult forming and sent him and others from the church to investigate these rumors and rid them from this world if true.
After traveling for a few weeks, they were ambushed by the cult and all but himself were killed. He was taken prisoner to be tortured and in a short time ritually sacrificed.

That's where he is now, I'm a cell in a cults monastery, listening as he can hear adventurers down the hall fighting and getting ready to break the cell door down when they enter the room and preoccupy the guards.

I'm sorry mate.
I'm actually writing up a campaign and a few one shots behind my DMs back to Suprise him with because he's stuck like that as well.

Red Dragonborn. Bastard son of a camp follower and an unknown dead dude.Grew up following the army around and learning to be useful, got picked as a page to a knight, then a squire. Rode around with them for a while, was a promising soldier, generally assumed he would end up as a solid knight. Picked up religion when the army camped in the ruins of a temple to a dead god and he nabbed a book. Went super hard on chivalry.

At 17-ish is a popular, charismatic squire, if a low born one. Gets in a fight with a noble-born friend, escalates to insults. Friend calls his mother a whore.

He demands the friend retract or duel for his honor. Friends opts to duel, first blood, plenty of witnesses.

First strike, he kills his friend. There is...some panic, especially as they don't have anyone who can raise the dead on hand. The Knight he's serving gives him a vial full of honey with a lock of the friend's hair stuck in it to preserve it, told him to fucking bail and not come back until he's gotten the friend resurrected somehow.

Character is a paladin for a dead god. Big on martyr-y imagery.

I had a nice life, y'know? I was only 27 years old, and me and my bud were already co-owners of our own little auto-repair shop. It wasn't much, but it was ours. I was seeing a nice girl at the time, I owned two cars, I had my own place, I got out to the range regularly, and most importantly, I was right in the eyes of the lord.

Then that bloodsucking bitch bit me, and in doing so damned my soul to hell. I was real shook up about it at first, but as my pastor always says, everything happens for a reason. Now that my soul belongs to the beast and I know I will never see the kingdom of heaven, I'm free to rid the world of as many of these satanic monstrosities as I can.

Octogenarian retired PDF navy captain with a milquetoast Administratum-employed son and a bunch of grandchildren. Was informed he was the closest living heir to a disgraced Rogue Trader dynasty and traded in a quiet retirement for high adventure in the Emperor's name. Disinherited his son from a right to the Warrant of Trade for his own protection, though afforded him a generous allowance, declaring with a paid-for public advertisement that ownership would be transferred to the man who slew the current bearer's murderer.

He's an oblivious old coot, erratically dangerous with his old ceremonial saber and with a tendency to get shot in the leg by snipers during firefights. He has some absolutely godawful plans of action while simultaneously commanding the charm to convince everyone but the other player characters that his bad ideas are good ones, more often than not. Absolutely convinced that a Rogue Trader must be dashing and confident at all times, despite having shock-white hair and the musculature of a skeleton dipped in paint. His only saving graces are his idiotic bravery, uncanny durability, and the disquieting ability to do less collateral damage with his dumb ideas than the rest of the party with their smart ones.

Notable moments include:

Was almost assassinated while taking his luggage to the car after receiving the warrant. Successfully dined as a guest of Lord Winterscale without injury, though lost a contested trading station to him in the process. Lost most of his Navigators shortly before departing said station, due to a falling out with their House via actions of the prior warrant holder. Successfully negotiated a new Navigator contract with House Nostromo, forcing a yet-undecided planetary holding on them in addition to their demands. Survived being burned at the stake by jilted former colonist-employees that had gone tribal, yelling at them to quit horsing around and get back to work until they were too confused to follow through with the execution. Tried the same experiment on a stellar Yu'Vath artifact with xenos prisoners three times, each time driving them into a frenzy that needed to be put down, because they had another dozen to spare. While fighting a demon incursion on the bridge during warp travel, lit the demon on fire by smashing it in the face with a bottle of premium wine, the contents of which had been replaced with high-viscosity machine oil by the Enginseer out of spite, and then igniting it via hellgun volley. Had an old naval steering wheel installed on the ship so he can literally man the helm while piloting, keeping a portrait of his deceased wife and another of the Emperor on his dashboard console. Called a Magos Juris rude to his absent face.

>pic
Persona3.jpg

A young turian recruit barely out of boot camp. He has been assigned to protect a new colony in an uncharted region of space. He prefers to assess a situation carefully before acting. His squad includes: a direct and forceful human vanguard that likes to shoot things and charge them to death, and a facially disfigured human soldier that likes showing off his toughness while peppering his foes with bullets.

I give it two more sessions before one of them does something stupid and get mowed down in a hail of gunfire or rockets.

What system?

Necromancer Vampire who enjoys solving problems with Napalm. And is trying to precipitate a war with Goblins because they annoy him. It's working.

A superb truck driver capable of driving a truck through multiple dimensions, but unfortunately Satans are always following him to try to stop the deliveries.

Lore bard that grew up with a few other kids on the streets busking, eventually got gud, but nearly got mugged/murdered, the street kids' "parent" intervened and muh bard had to flee from the guard or be implicit in the deaths of the muggers.
Now he's trying to get rich & famous so he can go back and provide for his old family.

Due to a series of good rolls, they are rapidly becoming party face, healer, and tank. I was kind trying to avoid being in the limelight in combat, but at level 3 I have +2 con & rolled 8/8/7 for hp, so I'm roughly level with the next highest hp party member (the fighter). I can't give up being face because everyone else has videogame rpg syndrome and doesn't know how to talk to npcs.

Extremely trustworthy, handsome, charismatic, shapeshifting illusionist known to most by his initials. So far he's been involved in few anti-ritual actions and is friends with town's Heroes Guild. After one of the adventures he emerged as an owner of a luxury inn built by an entreprenous citizen. Originally kinda dickish and selfish, he's getting warmer to the others, especially red-headed druidess whose life he keeps saving (and vice-versa).

Secretely he's fucking special snowflake, albeit tamed. After Asgardians chained great wolf Fenrir for the second time, he projected the part of himself into the material plane. Said part inherited most qualities of the father, Loki and even looks like him. For now, F. is hoarding as much power as he can in order to stage the greatest prison break ever. He started kinda weak, now he has nice arsenal of "friends", stolen magical/divine power, favours and artifacts to use. Not good enough yet.
The part about druid lady still holds true.

>handsome
>charismatic
>spoiler image
It carries out and is w.

What do you mean?

A good rapist. Not kidding.

He has a compulsion to rape, so he rapes outlaws to sate his urges so he won't target more innocent people. His objective is to cure himself from this, but no wizard or cleric could figure if this was because of a curse or demon.

He is actually mentally ill.

half elf fighter/rogue. dual wields two short swords and uses a crossbow. ultimate goal: own a tavern of her own

unfortunately i dont think she is gonna be used much because our moral fag quit dnd he realized all of the That Guyisms that he would point out in other people were applicable to himself and the other players left are stupid evil and "chaotic neutral" incarnate.

>Steals things.
>Not really a bad guy but he finds it stupid to stockpile wealth.
>Steals from wealthy people.
>Blows every penny getting information from the homeless, protecting the whores and clothes with pockets that are better hidden.
>Also, only uses a single dagger.
>One hand must always be free to grab something or somebody to ensure an escape can be had.
>Likes flowers and once stole from every florist in a city just to spell the name of a sad little girl he'd met earlier that dat.
>Sadly, he's unable to write and had to get the wizard in on it to ensure everything went smoothly.
>The wizard won't shut up about it.

Huh, got distract on never got around to responding till now. Here is my shitty overly long back story.
pastebin.com/3pYDd5DU

War Medic, playing as Lawful Good, where Good is his duties and motivations as a doctor and a healer to help his fellow man to the best of his ability. The Lawful part stems from his conflicting duties as a soldier and the Hippocratic Oath.

He's a 5e Artificer Alchemist that my DM and I have tweaked to focus a little more on healing, and focusing on Intelligence based Medicine, rather than Wisdom.

I decided to make this character after seeing a "Why would anyone ever play a Moralfag" and a Healslut bait thread back-to-back, and reasoned that I'd make a quality character that would avoid the issues of "Stupid Good Paladin" and the Healslut/HealBrat meme.

Honestly though, Doc might just be my favorite character yet. Putting a focus on actually understanding illness and injury, both magical and non, rather than simply boinking them with a holy symbol for hit points has opened up a lot of role play opportunities.

Plus, being someone who's willing to set broken bones and treat injuries for a warm meal and a bed tends to get the townspeople on your side pretty quickly, more so than being a traveling minstrel at the local bar does.

An ex-knight who journeys around the land trying to get some damn ballads written about any exploits he might go on so that's he's remembered after his death. Prone to patting people on the back way too hard, and bear hugs.

Wanted to make a holy paladin. Problem was that I found myself in a scenario where I could never go to the various church covenants and do their respective trial to get holy powers, so I ended up being a ballsy swordsman.

At some point or another, we ended up in a garden that's between Earth, Heaven and Hell, and an NPC had to go through the gate to Heaven. Everyone hid behind a rock while he went in because holy magic fucks shit up, but my character decided to peek from behind the rock to look. Managed to succeed a d30 roll to not die, but barely, so the DM said more or less, 'You've lost you're ability to do perception checks,' as in to say, I had lost my ability to perceive. I could still see, touch, and hear shit, but if it was to find something that I didn't already know was there, I was fresh out of luck. This meant I couldn't do real basic shit like find plainly obvious shit right in front of me. I had been trying to write something but the pen broke, so I checked to see if I had another pen, but couldn't do so because I was trying to use touch to perceive if I had another pen, so I had to get someone else to find me the pen on my person. It also meant that I was the most easy person to sneak up on, obliviously so.

The kicker was, though, that although I couldn't perceive anything, I later figured out that I could instead write in the source code of universe, which had some pretty interesting effects.

>party is on a wooden boat towards somewhere
>bored, tried carving my name into the boat
>ended causing the ocean to turn into liquified God's wrath (think super-acid)
>am completely unaware of this as the entire boat begins to dissolve
>party member, pissed at me doing this, grabs me to try and throw me off the boat
>can't do shit because I can't perceive that he's doing this
>another party member tries to save me
>he ends up saving me
>he later ends up killing me through shoving me infront of that gate again because he wanted to see what happened

Shadowrunner called Naga, she has two additional (smaller) robotic arms, and is a stealth operator. She is extremely obsessed with ancient art / artifacts.

He's a tired old man that just doesn't give a shit anymore.

AKA every modern action hero and I love that this is what's hip right now.

She's your typical Red Sonja, but cartoon-level dumb for balance.

Her catchphrase is "That's easier done than said"

Sci-fi campaign.

I play a 7ft Beetle Warlock. He's on a pilgrimage to bring back tribute for the hive queen. She's an eldritich monstrosity who gives him his powers. His people communicate telepathically and using pheromones they can influence people and invoke hallucinations.

Anyway he was on a cargo ship mind his own business in the store room when spooky shit happened and he forced to band together with the other passengers. 4 sessions later half the crew is dead and he's filling in as the ship's cook.

I dunno if that's necessarily good.

human fighter. he grew up under constant threat of the mob, so he's perpetually nervous. slight stutter, minor OCD tendencies. but fear makes his reflexes quick, and he's built like a rock.

a 400 year wood elf druid. he spends his time in the wilderness so he's weird and smells bad and has worn, leathery skin. he's cowardly, and a huge believer in "ends justify the means". he's also a mailman.

warforged barbarian. some kind of mix between robocop and judge dredd. all that matters is protecting innocents and dealing justice to the wicked. is obsessed with the law, and due process. you're as likely to find him filling out paperwork as you are to find him slaughtering bandits.

I