MTG Modern General

Do you, or do you not think Devoted Remedies is going to be a real deck? Combining off turn 3 pretty easily sounds good to me, literally every time you cast coco you have a chance to go off. Great deck imo

What other cards do you guys think look okay? I like the black delver myself

Let's go fans who's excited for some new stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O0TQbRNmYus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the best jeskai build in modern?

I personally believe that just Jeskai Control without Nahiri is best. I think Nahiri was an overrated meme

>Do you, or do you not think Devoted Remedies is going to be a real deck?

It's a great meme and that's about it.

>Combining off turn 3 pretty easily sounds good to me, literally every time you cast coco you have a chance to go off. Great deck imo

Yeah about the CoCo thing, I used to play Devoted Druid in Elves long ago and it did the same thing people are trying to do with Visier but this combo could win through just enough mana activations within a two card combination with Ezuri pump to continually make Devoted Druid and/or the entire Elf board huge. Couple this with any various number of Elves around and any lords and this was quite feasible.

so how many copies of the druid are you sitting on, shlomo?

12 myself

Yeah except you need fucking 3 elves, 1 ezuri and 2 druids which is a 7 mana 3 card on board combo you autistic faggot sure is making me think here oh man I'm thinking so hard right now fuck me look at me think

>people think a 2 card 4 mana infinite mana combo that requires 1 of essentially 10 cards of your deck in hand won't be good, which also has a great beat down plan, and is far superior to the already and established abzan coco combo which is 3 cards on board and minimum 6 mana

Wow tg, sorry that you're retarded

>Yeah except you need fucking 3 elves, 1 ezuri and 2 druids which is a 7 mana 3 card on board combo you autistic faggot sure is making me think here oh man I'm thinking so hard right now fuck me look at me think
>implying there's no lands in play
>implying Elves don't have a bajillion ways to cheat on mana

Mate I don't know if you're retarded but it's quite obvious you don't play Elves and are bad at MTG.

Turn 1: Land, Llanowar Elf
Turn 2: Draw card, Land, Nettle, Heritage Druid, Tap for Heritage Ability drop Devoted Druid, Untap Nettle, 1 mana remaining drop 2nd Nettle, one cards remaining in hand.
Turn 3. Draw card, Land, cast Ezuri with tap Nettle+Nettle+Heritage mana. Ezuri enters untap Nettles. Tap 3 lands, llanowar devoted druid, activate Overrun. Tap Nettle+Nettle+Devoted Druid, activate second overrun. Untap Devoted Druid and repeat and swing with a 999/999 Devoted druid even with a hundred -1/-1 counters on it.

At no point did I ever need 2 fucking Druids in that line. It's very easy for Elves to vomit out hands. If no Ezuri was in hand you can still simply cast coco their next step and hold or Chord when necessary. If Archdruid was dropped out turn 2 then the combo is even easier to go through with. Sometimes they bolt your Llanowar Elf, sometimes they don't and when they don't and it's not a deck playing Pyroclasm you can go full ham

So shut your fucking mouth you fucking filthy scrub.

Oh sorry sweetie, I guess you're retarded

>Turn 3. Draw card, Land, cast Ezuri with tap Nettle+Nettle+Heritage mana. Ezuri enters untap Nettles. Tap 3 lands, llanowar devoted druid, activate Overrun. Tap Nettle+Nettle+Devoted Druid, activate second overrun. Untap Devoted Druid and repeat and swing with a 999/999 Devoted druid even with a hundred -1/-1 counters on it.

Doesn't poor little muffin know nettle doesn't untap when you activate abilities poor whittle guy?

You know that doesn't work, right?

>Doesn't poor little muffin know nettle doesn't untap when you activate abilities poor whittle guy?

Does poor little fucking retard not know that Nettle Sentinels were tapped for mana to cast Ezuri and casting Ezuri untapped them?

It does, I forgot the marker of untapping the devoted druid first before retapping Nettle+Nettle+Devoted Druid again and then untapping the druid's twice more to activate 2nd overrun. It will still be left with 1 toughness before the 2nd activation.

>Cast Ezuri
>Sentinels untap
>activate overrun by tapping sentinels and a land and heritage and devoted
>Devoted gets +3+3
Now what?

Holy fuck what an idiot, it only works with 2 devoted Druid you sense fuck

Do they have a chance to see play in Modern?

Only in shitty meme decks

No

Is this the most retarded post ever?

Gideon might see some weird fringe play just because some decks simply can't answer him. Like my Ad Nauseam list as of current actually doesn't have a really good efficient line for beating him in game 1 if he gets dropped. I mean I can still beat him but the line just became harder and more complex and I might actually end up dead by whatever the opponents board is. Funnily enough I might actually try him in Ad Nauseam in the sideboard.

Gideon is going to be experimented with in Ad Naus. Not sure how he'll hold up.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O0TQbRNmYus

He's not much better than unlife in Ad Naus, people don't run enchantment destruction much.

I really don't see how in any way he is better than unlike in 99% of scenarios

>not adding finks
>not adding viscera seer
>implying it isnt abzan company

They basically printed the next anafenz that also makes infinite mana. Abzan we tier 1 now.

Not the same guy but in Ad Nauseam he would help the (defunct)Infect matchup in the sideboard. He's definitely not a maindeck card but he's not a bad option in the side and sometimes people play Leyline of Sanctity after game 1 against you and your default out to that is Patrician's Scorn but to do so this shuts off the the line of winning with Phyrexian Unlife+Ad Nauseam otherwise you would die to your own Scorn. The Labman line is still a play but he's still very vulnerable and at least this way Gideon might be able to beat down and attack an opposing LotV which is still strong against you.

Nissa is yet another potentially high-reward investment without a home. Which is sad, really.

I heard MTGO is cheaper than the vanilla MTG.

After looking around, blue decks seem more fun to play than anything else. If I were to use 30 bucks or so, would I afford a blue deck?

I dont mind making some inferior version, it doesnt have to be amazing deck but I would hope it would work in low level games. Fun is the most important factor when trying new things after all

Not on mtgo, mtgo decks are typically a third as much online as in real life, if all you have is 30$ just play on xmage, people will try to cheat but whatever

Depends on the format. Also MTGO is not necessarily cheaper in paper but some formats are cheaper to play on MTGO compared to paper. Vintage is very affordable to play on MTGO where as ludicrously expensive in paper. Bear in mind some cards are also much more expensive on MTGO than in paper like Gorilla Shaman.

>play on xmage, people will try to cheat but whatever

How do they cheat on xmage?

I heard about xmage too but is it new playerfriendly as its 3rd party program?

Nissa will be played in RUG type decks in future. You heard it first from me.

I think Gideon might see play in uw control because of how well his +1 pairs with supreme verdict. I'll give it a try at least.

Rule 1 of contemporary MTG is NEVER spend money on MTG. This game has been run into the ground.
It sounds counter intuitive but it's really for the best in the long run.

I want to start playing modern again, what is good in current meta? I like fast-win combo decks, thinking about Infect, Ad Nauseam in the first place, Affinity and Amulet second.

What are your thoughts? I don't see Ad, Amulet and Infect very much. Did these decks die?

>I doubt it'll be a deck, but I can hope.
>The green god, heart piercer manticore, cryptic serpent, harsh mentor, and I'm loving the minotaurs.
Anyways
Went 3-1 last night playing burn.
U/W spirits, storm, and grixis control gg ez.
Then Bogles fucked me game 1, and game 2 I didn't draw any of the 6 enchantment hate I boarded in.

I think Gideon could be decent in a UW control shell.

Pic possibly related.

>What other cards do you guys think look okay?
I will be trying out the red hatebear in the side of eternal command.

>defunct
Why did Infect fall out of favor? That deck use to be tier 1. Was it the probe ban?

Lost a good match up in dredge, people started playing more interactive decks in general

Buy my Naya burn deck. Lots of juicy Death shadow decks to prey on.

The probe ban hit Infect harder than anyone anticipated. Combined with the fact that people started to play a little more interaction, basically killed the deck. There are still a bunch of hardcore Infect players out there trying new and different things, but without Probe to give free information and fuel the graveyard, it's much harder to make work. Maybe someday, something will be printed that will bring it back, but for now it just falls into obscurity.

How is dredge positioned right now anyways?
Is the deck as bad as the massive drop in player count suggests? It seems like Deaths Shadow isn't too hard a matchup for it.

It's got the 2nd highest meta share on MTGO right now, but sees very little play in paper GPs still. It's hard to tell if it will see less online play when people put graveyard hate back in their decks or if it's solidly tier 1.

Between the new cyclers and the ability to run split cards with sides less than 3, I predict Living End is going to rise in popularity. To counteract that, I predict a rise in graveyard hate which will hurt Dredge as a side effect.

Doesn't Infect just run Mishra's Bauble instead? I thought that was why it's 50 bucks now

So my group is doing a casual-ish event (as in it's unofficial, but follows the format rules) to encourage people to try something other than the one deck most of them ever play. While some people have said they want to bring other Tier1 stuff (including a lot of people who are running proxies, since it's unofficial) I wanted to go off the reservation entirely and bring something like:
4x Delver of Secrets
4x Serra Avenger
4x Spell Queller
4x Path to Exile
4x Serum Visions
4x Disrupting Shoal
4x Remand
2x Echoing Truth
2x Entreat the Angels
4x Favorable Winds
4x Flooded Strand
4x Sacred Fountain
4x Seachrome Coast
6x Island
6x Plains

How would I go about giving this deck some chance of performing (I see Decay being a problem already)? And is there anything coming in Amonkhet that might let me bring this back to an actual event and not get stomped?

You need to do something with said mana. Now it's a 3 card combo again.

Just cast my commander and use his activated? Dumbass

If we're talking commander. Just use Isochron for infinite.

4x Judge's Familiar
4x Mausoleum Wanderer
4x Pride of Clouds
4x Spell Queller

4x Path to Exile
4x Serum Visions
2x Disrupting Shoal
4x Remand
2x Entreat the Angels

4x Favorable Winds

24x whatever lands

Any reason to do CoCo instead of, say, Genesis Wave? It seems that with an infinite mana engine like this, going off on a 30+ GW would be more beneficial.

>people will try to cheat
Impossible. It isn't cockatrice

Oh boy! A vastly overpriced serum visions! Kys

Why do people play MTGO over Xmage then?

Because coco is always good while wave is only good with the combo out

It's more competitive
It's a better client
You can get invites to paper GPs if you top the MOCS events or something like that, I haven't checked the details of the most recent system.
Drafting on cockatrice is impossible since there's no reason for your opponent to not drop the moment their Pack 1 isn't good

That's fair enough.

Not that user, but I only do Cockatrice with people I actually know, when we want to test decks or can't meet up in person for whatever reason.

I've used lackey before with people I know, but it's still not close to playing in person

Of course, playing MtG online in any form will never feel as good as playing in person, though it does have the merit of letting you test out decks without having to print up/write up proxies.

Virtually nothing in standard will ever see play in modern anymore. They mostly make garbage these days that'd get stomped in any other format. Soon enough, standard will normalize slow, land based mana ramping for a 10 cost nimble mongoose.

Autism, a few cards in this set are pretty decent and will see modern play

Infect and Amulet got nerfed. Affinity isn't a true combo deck (power-card linear aggro).

Ad Nauseam is the probably the most pure combo deck in the format and isn't affected by removal or hate, but it is vulnerable to hand disruption and you aren't doing much yourself to stop your opponent from doing their thing.

The red 2 drop is pretty much the only card with a chance of seeing any tiered modern play

Like what? There's nothing in standard that has anything on mirrodin block or Phyrexia.

>Overcuck poster is retarded

What a surprise

>Devoted Druid
>Elves
Just leave

Eh. I sorta see what you were going for here, but it doesn't feel like this would be any better against the sort of decks that the list above would struggle against. If anything there are fewer threats that are solid on their own, you'd be better off running just straight-up control cards.

Irrigated Farmland seems like a good inclusion.

Is he the missing sibling? Is the cycle finally complete?

unban SFM

>that card and basically everything from Shadowmoor
Mother of God.

>unban jace
>unban bloodbraid elf
>unban treasure cruise
>unban skullclamp

Honestly yes, wizards should let the format try it. Worst case scenario is that they need to ban it again like ggt.

harsh mentor on the same level as literally any of those cards

fuck no.

Let's not get crazy.

>forgetting my greentext

jesus I'm not awake yet

You might as well put Eidolon of the Great Revel in there if you want all two drops. Red will never get a value 2 drop that goes in every Rxx deck.

I think Break Open is the rightful heir to that slot.

lol that's not even a creature mate.

Yeah but you could use it against a Scornful Egotist.

at least he doesn't die to fatal push

Not Modern legal ;)

Rishadon port is absurdly expensive on mtgo

Neither is your sass.

>Harsh mentor
>Not Young pyromancer

The fact that first ability is +2 and not +1 is important, because you are going to be ahead in card advantage and speed from turn three onwards. Unless you build the deck like retard and she is do nothing. also I have to rework my statement. Maybe not RUG, but UWG.

You're in the club and this guy slaps your goyf's ass - what do?

Seems like a worse abzan coco. You cant go off the turn the druid hits the field.

Golly, I don't know. Guess I'll have to just spray some cyanide in my opponents face.

How good is actually Ad Nauseam?

Memeulater tier

yes you can, you just need a third card

Guys CHANDRA WAS BEHIND IT ALL ALONG!

No, he means you can't tap it the turn it comes into play for mana because of summoning sickness. You'd have to give it haste. Splinter Twin had a similar problem, but was able to get around it by playing creatures with Flash; you could play the creature at the end of your opponent's turn, and on your turn they wouldn't have summoning sickness.

Is soul sisters good?

Young Pyromancer is the strong, proactive 1R, 2/1 that completes the cycle.

They should make something like harsh mentor that does 2 damage to all other creatures instead.

It's definitely good for trolling.

It used to be better... man did it ever piss the local Twin players off.