sgiz.mobi/s3/db43d70dde08

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...

>Elfbro clearly pretending that he doesn't know the rest of the party.

Probably looking around for a comely tavern wench to spend the night with rather than listen to Sir Dorf argue with the Female Noble

whats the best race and why is it halfling?

Did you miss the last couple updates?
Things are about to get GOAT.

I imagine the dwarf has just said the vilest racial slur against humans, hence the shocked and appalled looks on the two human's faces. The gnome/halfling fella is egging everyone on, and the elf is looking around for other humans about to bust up the party after the dwarf just offended everyone in the bar.

The Halfling looks like she's going to be that one person who pulls a knife at a party.

She won't fuck around when it comes to stabbing either.

>InCase halflings

Hooo boy you shouldn't have reminded me

>Be Dorf
>Have chip on shoulder because I am a stunty manlet
>Cover up my social insecurities with way way too much ale
>get angry at 10/10 noble lass who claims to lead the party
>not so secretly tsundere for her

Why is life a a dorf so miserable bros? Even Gimli only got a lock of hair from Galadriel as a reward for stopping Sauron

I'm playing a dragonborn barbarian, he's a member of the chef's guild and has proficiency in cooking as well as being quite persuasive and intimidating. How do I use these skills to help my party? What kind of skill roll/situation would my cooking proficiency even give me advantage in?

>Even Gimli only got a lock of hair from Galadriel as a reward for stopping Sauron

Does Daylight make sunlight?

>Not sure if this is a stealth Dungeon Meshi post

Obviously you act like a bro and cook dinner every night for your party. DM might occasionally give you ingredients that give small powerups.

Maybe have some downtime activities like running a restaurant or bakery

No one respects dwarves.

Whut

>Dorf
>worthy of respect

Haha

It's even worse than you think:

>other race males commonly prefer shorter females, sometimes to the point of short stack fetishes
>nearly all females prefer taller males

Dwarves are most likely the most cucked race.

Alfie is clearly going to trade up from the boring blonde dude for the dark haired human female.

Naturally Vera is going to get plowed by the mountain man

Dwarven woman who's stronger then a man, tough as an ox and has short wide body shape.

Even though I don't care much for woman, that's what I'd go for as a commoner. She can work the farm like a man and everything.

Honestly I'm kind of shocked incase hasn't introduced a femDorf yet in his story.

Obviously she'd have even more ridiculous proportions than a halfling female

Nope. Every spell that actually creates sunlight says so in the description, but Daylight and Light lack that specification.
You could make an argument that it's in the name, 'Daylight', but then why didn't they add that in the errata?

>tfw session called off for the third time in four weeks

I just want to play duggins and dargns

please

Is Light Cleric any good for CoS?

Any good NPC resources out there? My players are facing a LOT of human/demihuman opposition in the campaign, and the stuff in MM and Volo's just isn't enough. I'm seriously hurting for a bigger ready-made NPC library, and not some "Herp derp I formatted regular PCs as NPCs and charged a dollar for it" bullshit. There's a terribly large amount of that.

Anyone know where I could find any of this? I seriously don't want to start homebrewing half of the enemies in this campaign.

After going through sageadvice, yeah, youa re right.
It's a dumb name though.

Did you just call me halfling?

>fucking halflings
>not fucking tieflings

retards

>wanting to catch Satan AIDS
I'll pass.

>using meme races in your games
>being attracted to people with horns and tails

Face it bro you are on the downhill slope to furrydom

What's a "meme race", user? I bet it's anything that isn't human/elf/dwarf, isn't it?

Human
Dorf
Elf
Halfling

Gnomes, Half-orcs, and Half-Elves get the side eye

>Implying dwarves aren't a meme race

Dwarf a shit.

It has Cleric in the name, so yes.

what does JRR Tolkein's cock taste like?

So my campaign has my party running through the feywild trying survive in a party-base battle royal. They're roughly 30 teams of 4 that got forcible pulling to this being forced to kill each other.

I just thought this is a good opportunity to to fuck around a mess with some of the UA class as npc teams they might encounter.

Everyone roughly level 9-13.

They already encounter a team of:
Alchemist 6/Fighter 2
Kensai 9/Samurai 3
Zealot Barb 13
and Sharpshooter 11/Bard 1

Nearly wipe the floor with them cause they got the drop on them.

What other combination I should make?

four shadow monks who attempt to nova one target as a group

>want to play a W4E monk because flavor
>remember they suck big floppy donkey dick

PHB 2.0 when?

>WotC releasing a thousand useless niche Monk schools and shit
>W4E monk has never been addressed in any way

Face it, they're not going to fix that pile of shit ever.

Any tips for playing a barbarian, both in character and on the sheet. I'm playing a half orc, planning on getting gwm ASAP.

There's that third party rework that's atleast decent. Unfortunately I don't have it because either was burned bad by pick the PHB one my first time playing.

Well we'll need more info on characters back story and shit otherwise I'm gonna tell you talk in broken English and try to fight everything because "Iss the Strongest!"

Anyone here played a Kenku yet? How fucking irritating are then on the RP side? Why can't I just speak like a normal fucking adventurer?

The lore surrounding them is why

Just go fucking mystic already and quit trying to use the crap-ass Monk chassis to do your Avatar element shaping nonsense

Just googled Dungeon Meshi and am now basing my character loosely off of this instead. Thanks.

>on the sheet
Position yourself so you maintain rage. Make sure you have throwing weapons to throw if you can't hit anything in melee just to preserve your rage.

Don't be afraid to absorb damage; you have lots of HP and resistance.

>in character
Barbarian doesn't have to mean stupid, or dim, or broken-english speaking. It can represent a wilder life, sure, but you can be just as intelligent and noble as anyone else.

As a half-orc, consider whether you grew up with a human barbarian tribe or an orcish tribe.

Yeah, fair point. Mother raped in the by an Orc during a village raid and is eventually heckled out of the village for giving birth to a half-orc. Yor (my barb) grew up with his mother in the country side, living off of the land and trading pelts and such for goods with a traveling trader. Mother eventually grows ill and dies as they're unable to afford any treatment. Enraged by his Daddy issues, he builds a coffin that he travels with, the intention being to put his father in it.

Character himself as a strong moral compass, as he learnt to read on the stories of Torm. Has a soft spot for woman and the poor.

I don't know why but I find the mystic incredibly unappealing. Maybe I need to have another look at it.

Alright then, personally I'd play it damn near close to a paladin. Willing to put yourself in harm's way to protect others, could be a normally easy going or gentle nature but have spikes of anger due to heritage or certain subjects. Definitely have a soft spot for kids and single mothers which could get you into trouble from time to time because of your morals.

For on sheet has pretty good advice, don't be afraid to get right up in the enemy. Dishing out damage and then eating it is what the Barbarian is built for, especially if you're going totem and play a barbearian. Try and get the main threats locked down so your group can deal with minions then it without much trouble.

>he builds a coffin that he travels with, the intention being to put his father in it.

metal af

In general I'm somewhat meh on the class but I do think that Immortal makes for a solid drop in for standard Monks and a Wu-Jen Mystic makes for a much better 4 Elements monk.

Try this if you really want to stick with Monk.

I'd suggest pure Vengeance Paladin.

Especially if you make Dad more interesting like making him a really strong Eye of Gruumsh.

Make it a completely metal epic death match when they final meet.

>Homebrew
REEEEEEEE!

It's the only time I condone homebrew, fixing a broken archetype that WotC has not done a fucking thing about and then released more ok to mediocre archetypes for the same class.

>I'd play it damn near close to a paladin.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Basically playing him lije he would have been a paladin if his upbringing was different. I'm thinking of putting him in hooded monk robes to hide his race too (thank you unarmored defense). Definitely going bear, fits in well with his desire to put himself into harms way for others, with his rage coming from wanting to protect his group. I want him super idealistic, kinda like a big child.

>metal af
Yeah I thought so to.

Does Protection from Evil and Good protect from all the listed creature types, or do you choose one?

From all

Would you ever play a race/class combo that didn't start with a 16/17 in their primary stat?

I don't see it being too terrible so I don't see why not.

I played a Dragonborn Wizard. Totally unoptimized, but hella fun.

Ever? Yeah, probably. I'd probably need a good reason.

Yes, I've played a tiefling paladin who had 15 in strength for the majority of the game. I was actually one of the few who lived until the end.

Yes, and anyone who says no or is reluctant to say yes is a filthy fucking munchkin who probably jerks off to vhumans.

>jerks off to vhumans
seems pretty normal to me

Hey /5eg/. I agreed to DM for a group that consists of my female friends.
How much did I fucked up ?

female humans are pretty hot, and if I'm jerking to one it's not like I can always tell if she's variant or not

>le women can't play games question

I dunno, are they cool people?

2 are into vidia and anime, the 3rd is a casual

ok

Sounds fine. Have fun!

Are any of the monk options other than 4Ele a trap?

I want to play a monk but I don't want to pick something that turns out to be complete shit.

Shadow Monk/Rogue multi is good right?

Mold, dust, and yeoman anal residue.

Open Hand, Shadow, Sun Soul and Long Death are all fine

>not jeering off to vhumans

Basket weaving furfag.

*Jerking
>phoneposting

It's actually really good and well balanced.
+discipline names make good memes

I'll need to read it in depth later, but I like that they explained their methodology afterwards.

And that it's not "look at this powerful new homebrew I made".

Is there ANY point in putting more than three levels into warlock?

Open hand:

At lvl 3 when using FOB inflict 15ft knockback/knock prone/make opponent loose reaction.

At lvl6 use kit to heal self.

At lvl 11 apply sanctuary on your self every short rest.

At lvl 17 save or die.

Shadow monk:

At lvl 3 gain lots of magic tricks for illusions and stealth.

At lvl6 free bonus action teleport.

At lvl 11 invisibility while in dim light.

At lvl 17 reaction attacks.

Long death:

At lvl3 gain temp Hp when killing a target.

At lvl 6 have aura of fear (Dragon sorcerer capstone)

At lvl 11 whenever you are at 0 Hp spend 1 ki to get up and gain 1Hp (no action/reaction required).

At lvl17 have inferior version of Open hand capstone.

Sun soul:
At lvl 3 punch sunlight with 30ft range.

At lvl 6 cast Burning hands for 2 ki.

At lvl 11 free fireball (slightly weaker)

At lvl 17 glow like a supersayan and opponents take radiant damage when they hit you.

Yeah, invocations are fucking sweet, and short rest casting is also fucking sweet if your group has sane short rest rules.

Have you ever been thinking up simple puzzle traps for a dungeon but had to scrap it because you werent sure if the party could get through it?

>putting off ASIs by four levels

If you gave every character a free feat at 1st level because they are fun and didn't want to deal with variant human what would you do to standard humans to make them more attractive but not the automatic pick?

An additional floating +1?
A free skill pick or tool proficiency?
Some sort of luck of heroes ability?

I want to have my party solve a 3D puzzle of sorts, to represent putting a broken gem back together to activate an altar.

Except they're too dumb to solve a Rubik's cube in a reasonable amount of time, let alone something like this.

And the solution

Don't allow variant humans if everyone gets a feat already.

A choice of non-combat feat (like actor, athlete, linguist, skulker) without the ASI bonus, if any.
Except for Skilled, obviously.

Yes that's my intent but standard humans are pretty weak in comparison to the other races so I was thinking about giving them a slight power increase but nowhere near the V Human power increase

>letting your players play vumans
>letting your players play wizards

Yeah, anything more complex than put square piece in a square hole and round piece in round hole is a no-go. And I even have second thoughts about that one lately.

I ran them through some INTENSE games of Hangman for them to figure out the arcane passwords for the doors in the Amber Temple (CoS) if they failed they took that truckload of necrotic damage the doors would emit when broken, an instakill for some of them.

I've also made them literally draw straws.

Regular human + tool proficiency or additional language.

>letting your players have fun
>letting your players have agency
>letting your players do actions you didn't set up in advance

I take the opposite tack. I'd rather not have any of my players holding the rest of the group back, so they all have to play wizards, druids, or bards. They're usually able to get whatever character concept they wanted through extensive refluffing (for example, the druid's wild shape is refluffed as specific forms of barbarian rage for his barbarian type character). I'd rather they refluff everything than trust anyone to fix the issues.

One of my players are currently using it and it's pretty great. Oh, and here are the new version:

>Elfbro clearly pretending that he doesn't know the rest of the party.
badass

sry

I'm leaning towards this in general to represent the likelihood that Humans will have encountered various races and/or have been involved in non-combat activities.

Probably with the default of generally facing way way less bigotry from standard people in most kingdoms.

Hey, does anyone have any of the post text saved from that one idea to do SKT as a musical. I remember one user had taken the tune and pacing for Shiny for Moana and re-purposed it for Chief Guh with Hefty. Did anymore get done with that for other giants?

that was you