Beholder types

Hello tg, i am currently working in a video game, where the player will be fighting against several types of beholders.
I would like you to describe a type of beholder you came up with or a rare type that you found somewhere.
I will write them down and add them to my game.
Thanks.

Are you aware of all the many canon beholder variants?

Yes, i am

Death tyrants are the best beholders

are you aware this is one of the few things that d & d was able to actually copyright and they ruthlessly sue anyone who uses beholders??

As long as you don't call them beholders you're fine

I like how that's solely the less weird beholder variants.

You could also try the cupholder and beerholder variants.

a four "headed" beholder like shiva, could make it larger and have quadruple the tentacles if u wanna be evil

Beholders that animate armor and use it like their body. Attacking the armor does nothing to damage the floating head

What have you got so far?

Currently i have the "cannon variants" like Death Kiss, Kasharin and so on.

always found this to be awesome

A Blindholder.

Substitute eyes for psionics

^This. "Beholder" is copyrighted.

With some tweaking, this could be interesting

One thats just tongues, one that is just ears, and a nose one as well. Taste, hear and smell senses.

>One that's just tongues

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going

>One thats just tongues
Isn't Azrael that?

One with a lot of arms, each with a number of bees on it.

A beeholder, as it were.

I like the ones that you can get to guard your shit that are actually friendly and are happy to have conversations with passing folks as long as you don't take the shit they're guarding. Then again I always had a thing for friendly monsters that you can talk to and be bros with.

Lensmen are cool guys. Just within the core list of beholders from 2e you have a ton to work with. You could have elemental beholders; an earthen one that petrifies with it's central eye like a basilisk, the lesser eyes can turn stone to mud (which, if used on a ceiling, causes a cave in, or can easily also make a deep mire to trap people in by turning it back to stone), or the obvious fire beams for a molten beholder.

I'm just gonna plant a flag here so I can investigate the thread more in depth after I watch that episode of Dr Who. Meantime, I was thinking of homebrewing a Beholder Player Character, and my previous discussion with you guys landed me in a Spectator as a reasonable choice as far as canon beholder so were concerned, so have a Spectator. Four eyes, more neutral than other Beholderkin, apparently 6-7 feet in diameter.