Can you have long pants in a iron age setting?

Can you have long pants in a iron age setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v98HEQvtpgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure? There's no reason they couldn't work leather so that it covers both legs.

Sure. Pants have been around since at least the 10th century, and there's evidence that suggest they might've even been worn during the stone age.

Who were the Gauls?

You can if you're a gnome and human short pants for you become gnome long pants.

If you got enough leather to make em and a big enough sword to stab anyone who laughs at you, yes.

Hell big enough sword you can pull off anything.

No Trousers are modern tech. The Gauls were time travellers.

>What are braccae
Stop. Basing. Your. Idea. Of. The. Iron. Age. On. Peplum. Movies.

They found 3000+ year old pants in china, so yes.

Wouldn't be leather (at least not directly over underwear). Too hard to clean. Wool hose or breeches maybe.

>Sure? There's no reason they couldn't work leather so that it covers both legs.

>If you got enough leather to make em and a big enough sword to stab anyone who laughs at you, yes.

>Leather

Why the fuck would anyone wear leather pants?

Iron Age peoples, depending on location, would have worn trousers made from linen, cotton, wool, silk, etc. Sort of like people today.

I wonder why the fuck people would think "a piece of cloth that wraps all around a single leg so you are both warm and flexible" is some kind of space-age genius level idea. People in acient times were a lot smarter than people give them credit for. If they could make gears, build machines and calculate the circumference if a circly, I'm pretty sure they had legwear figured out.

In the Mediterranean world, people tended to wear long tunics or "skirts" without pants, but yeah, it's not like it would have been a foreign concept. Pants were worn among more northerly peoples, and also among Persians (whose style lately came from the horseman cultures north of the Black and Caspian seas), but it's not like people in Greece or Egypt or wherever wouldn't have dressed appropriately on cold days. (though they did think pants looked stupid).

By the later centuries of the Roman Empire, pants had become far more commonplace.

>Lately

edit: Largely

Which is just pragmatic. Wearing long pants no matter the weather like some of us do nowadays, that's bloody stupid. Dressing for the weather and job you are doing is just sensible and I wished this would become commonplace again instead of going ALL THE FUCKIN IN on airconditioning and heating when there's really no fucking need to.

>Why the fuck would anyone wear leather pants?
The same reason they would now, because their ass looks amazing in them.

>Wearing pants
What are you, a homo?

>Why the fuck would anyone wear leather pants?

youtube.com/watch?v=v98HEQvtpgo

9th century anglo-saxons were big into punk and new wave

the Vikings were more into the Stuttgart sound which is why northern danelaw fostered a more post-punk/electronic scene in the early 10th century

Pants were a thing in 1000 BC in china, user. For women or men.

So, yeah.

>Stuttgart sound

I mean the Dussledorf sound

I knew I should have payed more attention in history class

pants were only out of style in the Mediterranean world

Up north it's best to keep your genitals from falling off by wearing them.

Yes, leather pants exist. It's just very odd that when asked about Iron Age trousers, the first material to come to mind would be leather. As if textiles haven't existed for basically forever.

Yeah. All you need to do is kill a person from a rival tribe, skin him from the waste down, turn his leg-skins inside-out, clean and dry them, then wear. You have leather trousers without seams.

Generally they would just take a longer time to make and require a bit more complexity than a skirt/toga.

Also because when you are working a forge or loading kilns or large ovens to bake bread for the town or glassworks, or literally anything having to do with fire textiles that get hit with a cinder are ruined and leather dgaf. Leather is a heavier material than almost all textiles.

The Celts did.

That's what aprons are for.

Apron.

Yes, american, long trousers were standard across Europe during the Iron Age. Why not use google images instead of asking stupid questions?

>Leather pants
>Iron Age
STEEL IS STRONGEST
SO SAY WE ALL