Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1444: Large Bodies of Water Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Eq8b72Rx
youtube.com/watch?v=hrMawW5J6NU
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51574349/#51579733
youtube.com/watch?v=1nzkxL1to4w
marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_the_Living_Tribunal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ocean of bloody dreams

Changelog:
>Added 'Fist over Hand' and 'Slice of Heaven'
>'Slice of Heaven' can be made bigger with CP increment purchases, you're welcome user
>'Slice of Heaven' helps with spiritual practices
>'Mystic Dojo' has its effect improve training of body and magical practices instead
>'HYDRA Construction Plans' further clarified, herp derp
>'Call Trish' has its first purchase for free
>'Nuclear Reactor' for Power Armors replaced with 'Badassium Reactor' because I was a retard
>Canon Relics added for purchase
>Premade custom Relics added for purchase
>Import/Merging options for Relics added

Small update. Just need to finish the effects table then we're off to drawbacks and finished.

I hate every single last one of you.

And yet you're still better company than my own fucking family.

Does the Cloak of Levitation count as a Companion?

....Why?

Cont.

One of the conclusions to the scenarios that I'd thought up was that in the end, you were to be given a choice of taking Sei with you or not, which would completely fuck over the world if you did it by causing the ROOT network to collapse and forcefully rebuild itself, but you would in turn be freeing the Gardeners, Sei, and all the Leaf's and Vein's from its mental influence, at least for a time long enough for some alternative to be worked out while the world was basically being destroyed as a consequence.

This would only happen after wandering around and encountering myriad problems, which are all ultimately inevitable and tragic results of the way this world works, such that even if you fix them, they just crop up again before the jump ends.

Does what I'm trying to say here make sense?

I love you like my own brother, user. I'd punch him if I ever saw him again too.

I will clarify that it does not.

>Of course this is but a small taste of what you could obtain here. If forged Relics and items of magic are akin to books, then logically there will be those who wish to instead write their own book and make their mark upon the world.

This is kind of sudden, enough to where I initially thought I was still reading about the Pelt of Fenris. Maybe make it stand out more?

Hey jumpers.

Given your fuckhuge arsenal of abilities and items, you've probably come across settings which just seem... Really weak in comparison.

What was the first setting where you were 100% without a doubt, the strongest being in it?

So it's okay to replace existing jumps without their authors's permission now, did I hear that right?

Ah, yeah. Sorry user, I'll do that right now.

No you didn't hear that right. Fuck you Tenshi. Go back to smashing shrines.

Yes, it is. and HeavensAnon was pushing for it hard.

Jump # 48 Digital Devil Saga
Background: Drop In (0) (No eating people)
Perks:
*Familiar face (0)
*Angel’s Favor (100, Discount)
*Mother… (200, Discount)
*Music Soothes the savage Demon (300, Discount)
*You Can Fly! (400)
*Mind over Body (100)
Equipment
*Stylish Outfit (50)
*Lyric Sheet (100, Discount)
Companions
*Import X 7 (350)
Drawback
*Get that Jumper (0)
*Name of an Angel, Body of a Demon (+ 600)

Companions:
All
Perks
*You can Fly

Jump # 48 Digital Devil Saga part 2
Background: Drop In

Perks:
* Hope even at the end (0)
* Overstress (100, Discount)
*Strength Given from the next world (200, Discount)
*I Need to talk to god (300, Discount)
*rise against (400)
Equipment
*Lokapala Headquarters (300)
Drawbacks:
*Fallen Angel (+300)

So I just did a paste bin for both of these since they went a little long. pastebin.com/Eq8b72Rx

What the fuck...

If we receive another Touhou jump, I wouldn't reject it. I'm thirsty as hell for some Touhous.

That's not what happened at all.
Go away Tenshi. You are worst girl.

Magic, and waifus, and hats oh my!

No, but it's okay to make a fanfiction jump as an "alternative" to a canon jump.

Glad you approve.

Sure, here you go.

user, don't make me pull out my mop.

>worst girl
Get real. Tenshi is best.
Fanon Tenshi must have poisoned your perceptions on the matter.

There is already a pc-98 jump in the making.

The existing jump has a fanfiction option.

It doesn't matter if a jump has a drawback that shifts the world to being fanfiction.
If it did we wouldn't have carnival phantasm.

Why not just use another setting in the same universe?

Redoing a jump la Touhou would destroy many builds and cause unnecessary rage.

Just wanted to post this since I got cut off last Thread. Wasn't Sherlock Holmes already on crack though? I remember he was on a lot of stuff but crack I can't recall clearly if that was a recent enough thing to not have been in the books. I ask because I'm headed for Sherlock and this came to mind when I read the comment.

Cool. Hyped as fuck for those relic effects, tho.

I asked this question last thread, does anyone's build actually depend on touhou to work? Don't you feel bad about taking advantage of such a blatant powergrab to give yourself such over powered abilities for basically no risk?

I don't think you actually had an issue conveying the motifs and themes of the setting, it's just that you don't have much else to support it. If you look at your setting like an army, you have a few "elite" units right now that stand out, basically key ideas that the entire settings revolve around. But you don't have the bulk of the army because you lack a lot of the action that people need to fall back on in order to see what actually happens versus what's told to them.

Because all of your pastebins are info dumps, the impression of the setting comes off as a very isolated pocket. And when you only have that, you can't get a lot of buy in, because if those key ideas don't appeal to people, there's nothing else that they can build rapport off of. You can't design the setting with the jumper in mind even if you were planning to do only a jump for this instead of a fiction base, because at the end of the day the notion of the jumper is too vague to give you a good framework.

This problem becomes compounded twofold when you start considering scenarios. Scenarios work well when there's already a foundation that people can work off of, so they can contrast against what exists and have an idea what the alternative circumstance and pathways are based off of. In your OC as you've recognized, you don't have that. Your scenario essentially becomes the novel that should have been the backbone for the jump, but that's a very massive investment to make, both from your part and the reader's. It also comes with straddled with a lot of troublesome expectations.

If you take a look at how scenarios have progressed, there are very few scenarios that go deep in terms of complexity. A lot of the time scenarios use complexity in terms of mechanics while keeping the overall flow linear, and to some extent relying on the scenario to convey the action is like putting the cart before the horse.

Alright. Instead of retreading an argument that was already tied off quite nicely lets actually talk about things that are enjoyable.

To continue on the 2hu train. What did you do while you were in Gensokyo /jc/? Did you cause any incidents? or did you just try and get in your waifus pants?

youtube.com/watch?v=hrMawW5J6NU

Thank you for your work Red, it looks like it's great already.

Not anymore than I feel guilty about using Overlord, so no.

Hamtaro

I don't really feel worse about it in Touhou because you just described nearly every jump.

>overpowered abilities for basically no risk.

I only go to Touhou to upgrade my time-stop ability from Dishonored that I also acquired at basically no risk. The only jump I feel guilty about using (and actually never use) is Vampire Diaries. Also the Dragonball jumps to an extent.

What did you do during Harvest Moon?

>1.6
On the one hand, updates yay! On the other hand, the previous version was v1.65, so my OCD wants to murder you for having a later version with a earlier number.

Does the Judgement Staff in Final Fantasy let you cast Flare for free? Is there a cooldown?

Drawing up the concept of a scenario is realistically very easy if you already have the "plot line" in mind, but that comes with a caveat of railroading, which is something you need to decide for yourself whether you want or not in the final product. The problem isn't so much railroading in your case (because railroading is necessary in an OC if you aren't there to clarify every last question), the problem is again - your actors.

The vagueness of actors makes distinguishing the nature of your scenario difficult. A character driven scenario is written and designed much differently in comparison to a segment/circumstance driven scenario, and this doesn't begin to go into tone/worldbuilding inserts or the basic logistics behind the scenario like time span, world scale and such. The conclusion you mentioned makes it sound like a character driven scenario more than a circumstance driven scenario, but then you need to have characters that can stand on their own without burdening the jumper to make personalities for them. It's good that Sei and the Gardeners get character development, but part of that responsibility falls on you to give people a blueprint of how they can change. Otherwise it's just compounding differnt OCs together, and you lose part of the theme coherence that your setting had. Even if she starts off from a "nothing" point there needs to be some sort of "possibility" so that the reader doesn't have to construct Sei completely from scratch.

But by the time you get into this, you're pretty much committed to the idea of a character driven scenario, because this isn't something that you can explain using a simple prompt and go type of scenario. By itself, Sei doesn't convey enough of the plot (none of the Gardeners do to be frank) to make that sort of scenario work.

In my current build I haven't been there yet, in my last one tried to not get in trouble for Rick genetically altering my live stalk and crops; and for Snowflame ... well being Snowflame. If I go back there I expect things to go about as well. It's funny for a vacation it wound up a lot more work than a lot of "harder" jumps

But I'm so dirty, senpai.

Howdy /JC! How have things been?

Oh I was chronically sick, depowered to in-setting stuff only, and my companions were all trying to help out with the fact that Waffle Island was hurricane alley for ten years in a row, annoying that. With the sprites help I managed to get a Mother Tree seed and restore the natural balance of all things nature. It was kinda neat and now my Warehouse Garden (Sims 3) has it's own stable weather system thanks to a Mother Tree seed.

What in Harvest Moon is worth turning a nice vacation jump into... that?

In the game I think it it could be used as much as you want just by using it as an item repeatedly.

Does the infinite Baskin-Robbins come with an ice cream scoop?

You could solve the problem by using a mechanic that revolves around Sei (or another Gardener), but then you'd need to know the details of how that mechanic should work and that's based on how you think the plot should run. This brings us full circle back to why making a jump using your notes is so difficult, we don't see the same world that you do. You're at the bridging point right now where you need to convey your setting to an audience in a way that gives the semblance of a full package, and it isn't quite there yet.

If you focus exclusively on trying to make perks and whatnot and have it fit the jump framework, you're going to end up with a massive amount of questions that don't help you develop the world much at all, because a jump doesn't solicit those kinds of questions. If you make perks, people ask how strong those perks are, and what they can do, but that's it. If you make items, people do the same thing. Some of the questions that come up might give you an opportunity to answer what people will do for x amount of years in your setting, but they don't really engage people in for the reasons that you might want. At worst, your setting becomes a powergrab where perks and items are adjusted to fit the jumper's needs rather than the world's needs.

You need to ask yourself whether it's a world you want to build, or if it's just a jump for powers that you want to build. The answer to that might help you clarify what kind of direction to take.

In Tenchi Muyo, can we buy both the Cabbit and Tree Ship options and have them be one ship? I was thinking of a sort of tree-colored cabbit (Brown with some green coloration) and it turns into a tree-looking masu ship?

Heathers in my main chain. Oh, how I tried so hard to live as a normal teenager...but, I got bored two weeks in after I sat JD down and gave him a talk.

So I did the logical thing and took over the school, developed this magical girl system I had half-finished lying around, empowered everyone as magical warriors for my own reasons using a little bit of Hero BBS magic, and then I cause massive chaos as everyone took justice in their own hands. Magical girls took over the world.

I was floating above it all in my Sky Palace, watching the whole thing with popcorn.

Because I was bored.

>On the other hand, the previous version was v1.65
Wait, it was? Last one I could find here was v1.5... Checking the archives though, you're right. Shit.

Uh, okay. Just pretend this is v1.7? It does appear to have all of v1.65's changes, so I'm not sure why it was still named 1.5 in my own folders.

Replaced both of the pdfs in the uploads folder with a properly numbered version.

Pull yourself together, user. You need to clean up your act.

It seemed like a good idea at the time? Build's here, archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51574349/#51579733

Also I don't have full control over my Drawbacks, a friend does it for me to spice things up.

Occlumency perk from Harry Potter will help. It gives you mental defences plus a perfect poker face ("You have no tells, it is impossible for others to know if you are lying to them without evidence"). The latter means her ability can no longer read your body language like an open book.

She can still sherlock-scan everything else though (e.g. your clothing, equipment, surroundings, etc).

Private from Death Note only works on supernatural abilities, and shards are "just" clarketech (supposedly).

Originally, he uses cocaine and tobacco, occasionally morphine, disapproves of opium, but Watson eventually (over years) manages to get him off drugs.

So I take it the Hydra Construction plans in part 1 cover items and vehicles, while this covers locations?

I don't want this to come across as something that you need a massive amount of material for. Realistically the framework doesn't have to be colossal, if you take a look at Stardust and the Quest that SDA did for a while, there's plenty of material in there which makes it work as a CYOA (and makes adapting it to a jump fairly easy). But the difference between Stardust and your setting is that your setting is extremely specialized whereas Stardust relies on a very simple and approachable set up. You have a vast amount of very specific jargon and technical dependencies that point at an underlying plot, whereas Stardust revolves around "here's a star map, here are pictures of crew and brief descriptions, make your own story."

Stardust's strength is in the simplicity and low barrier of entry. You don't need much to commit because of how generic it is. Stardust is essentially a generic sci-fi setting turned into CYOA, which you could say fits what you were trying to do. But unless you're going to adapt everything you have into its mold and trim out the rest (sacrificing a fair bit of the worldbuilding you've done), you won't be able to emulate what SDA pulled off, especially not in a text based format.

It really would be easier if user hadn't kicked the bucket.

Hidden Wavelength from Rick and Morty should work, then, if you decide that Private doesn't. Al least one does, depending on which definition you use. I believe NGE has a similar perk for the Orange(?) line.

I meant stop her power from working on you sorry bout that. Thanks by the way.

>Your scenario essentially becomes the novel that should have been the backbone for the jump, but that's a very massive investment to make, both from your part and the reader's. It also comes with straddled with a lot of troublesome expectations.

That's the core of the problem really; to make this a jump, I'd either have basically write a novel in this setting anyway, or write a scenario which would serve as the 'plot' of the setting that would establish all the things a proper story would, like characters and conflicts and such. It's why I decided to do them last after everything else was finished mechanically.

The reason it's framed around the Jumper is because it's a scenario that is only possible due to the nature of the jumper as something from outside the setting's own context, who can break the trappings of most of it's characters in a way the the characters themselves simply couldn't, even if only temporarily.

Even a first time jumper would have the choice to leave the ROOT network broken.

That scenario was the one where basically every problem was inherent to the system of the world and the only way to fix it was to effectively destroy it. The other scenario would have been the other side of the same coin; the system solves just as many problems, if not more, than it causes, and this is represented by a war waged between rouge automatons and humans, who are only winning battles thanks to the assistance of an allied military made up of Leaf's, Veins, and Working Errors.

It's no skin off my bones anymore though, I gave up because of the lack of interest a long time ago and moved on to writing elsewhere. With this advice, I probably would have gone back and started thinking about the individual character arcs and accompanying conflicts for them, most of those being things they decided to do because it was the only reasonable thing to do from within their own situation.

NGE has Pattern Ultraviolet in the Orange line, yes, but it wouldn't work on Tattletale.

Hidden Wavelength would do just fine, though. And be hilarious.

>Tattletale: Okay power, tell me about that flying 6'4" guy, built like a brick shithouse, wearing the stetson and cape.
>Power: Ordinary child. Six years old. Likes icecream and bedtime stories. She still thinks boys have cooties.
>Tattletale: dafuq?

I'm glad that it's making people happy.

Yes.

Properties, but... pretty much. I figured why not?

>Asgardian Theories
>You may instead import a technological device roughly up to the size of a person
Could we import an armor from the armor customization section?
Because I've dreamt about an Iron Man suit that was suped up with some magic.
Am I play gods?

>Added 'Fist over Hand' and 'Slice of Heaven'
>'Slice of Heaven' can be made bigger with CP increment purchases, you're welcome user
>'Slice of Heaven' helps with spiritual practices
Fancy. I'll never be able to get the cp for it together, but it looks cool.

>'Call Trish' has its first purchase for free
Oh, that's nice.

>'Nuclear Reactor' for Power Armors replaced with 'Badassium Reactor' because I was a retard
Dat upgrade to it is cool too.

>Canon Relics added for purchase
Ah, I want both the Vaulting Boots and the Cloak of Levitation... Which is so redundant, but the boots have the cool effects.

>Premade custom Relics added for purchase
The Spinning Wheel of Arachne also looks awesome, especially the option to combine it with other fabrics.

How do you wield the Claws of Menhit? Are they like gauntlets, or tiger claws?

>Small update. Just need to finish the effects table then we're off to drawbacks and finished.
Hype Intensifies.

Looking forward to the relic customisation. Hoping there'll be an option for small scale time manipulation at least, because that scene where Strange just starts messing with his apple's timeline looked really cool to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=1nzkxL1to4w

Can we combine Slice of Heaven and Mystic Dojo if we buy both?

>Could we import an armor from the armor customization section?
I don't see why not.

How do you wield the Claws of Menhit? Are they like gauntlets, or tiger claws?
Taigah.

>Hoping there'll be an option for small scale time manipulation at least, because that scene where Strange just starts messing with his apple's timeline looked really cool to me.
I must admit, I'm still somewhat on the fence. Mainly because I'm having trouble trying to quantify it in a way that will be satisfying for people. If I find a method, I'll throw it in. If not, then who knows.

Get the plans and yes.

Personally I think going the novel route would have been a better idea than framing it around the jumper. The idea of having the jumper be a hinge might make it more appealing from a jump perspective, but it doesn't do your own setting any justice at all.

Having a character that can recognize and break out of their mold in the world makes for a better story than relying on an OCP to show up and make things change, because the use of the latter brings up several questions - like why the system wouldn't be long broken if "normally" there shouldn't be a jumper, or why others would accept deviations if up until now they've been running with the status quo. Again, having it all revolve around the jumper cheapens the rest of the work you've already done and unfortunately, given how the nature of jumps work, odds are you wouldn't get much of a response because of how much investment is needed.

Concept wise and worldbuilding wise what you have isn't bad, I just don't think that making it into a jump as a start point would help you very much, or garner the interest that you'd presumably want if you had the mind to share what you made in the first place.

At this point we're retreading old ground, and it's your setting, so from one worldbuilder to another, best of luck whatever you choose to do with it.

>Get the plans and yes
>Can combine any properties you own
I... didn't even see these.

This is not going to be an easy build.

Also Heathers. I wasn't even that strong, it's just that it's a mundane setting and I had magic and peak human condition.

I remember reading about an item in a Jump that brought pictures drawn with it to life. I know we've got quite a few Perks and such that can accomplish this, but can anyone recall what the specific item I am thinking of might be? It's not the one from Negima.

the Mario Painting World thing or the Dark Souls item for painting worlds?

>Taigah.
...Google's only returning pictures of a jeep, or bears if I add 'claws' to the search? I'm sorry for being stupid and not knowing my weapons.

>I must admit, I'm still somewhat on the fence. Mainly because I'm having trouble trying to quantify it in a way that will be satisfying for people. If I find a method, I'll throw it in. If not, then who knows.
Fair enough. Good luck finishing the jump!

Awesome, thanks. The Jump looks great, really looking forward to its completion.

I think one of the boosted Artist capstones in Generic Videogame Developer can do that.

Technically it would have been Strike Witches, but I took the technology limiting Drawback and I wasn't as agile as some of the others, so I can doubt I could claim the strongest being title there. Most inventive, maybe.

So the title would have to go to Nechronica. Maybe Princess Mononoke, but I didn't feel like testing my magic against the various Gods of the Forests. Nechronica was the first time it was wildly obvious I was the strongest being in the world.

I had been given a town to defend, a class of delusional students to teach, and an escalating force pounding at my gates. So I went all out. Kamen Rider Belts were handed out alongside Striker Units, dozens of Dolls were inducted into the Famila, I deployed the entire garage of AFWs, and Santa had the chance to /really/ show what he could do when pushed to the limits.

Did you know you can install wands (Forgotten Realms) inside inanimate objects and they can use them as if THEY were the wand? I didn't at the time, but it was a fun discovery.

I also started installing Fallout tech into the Dolls when it became clear that I could no longer hold back the growing hordes on my own. In between all of this I also found time to track down Necromancers around the world, rip out their Souls (or what was left of them), and "steal" their Dolls for rehabilitation.

It was... rather fun to push myself like that.

I haven't been yet, but I plan to relax, grow some plants, bond with my Companions, and enter cooking contests on a regular basis. A vacation Jump is nice once in a while.

Maybe in FF6? Sketch basically did that, but it's a perk/magic.

I'm pretty sure it's just a funny way of saying "Tiger", as in tiger claws.

Pic related.

I mean, if I'm ever likely to make a jump, I probably wouldn't try for an original setting ever again. I've done a decent amount of writing since, and at this point could probably get away with making a jump and then pointing at the story it's made for and get away with it, but I honestly have no motivation to create content for this place at all. If I make a jump, I'll be for something like Little Witch Academia, because I love the property so much.

First Knight setting in King Arthur jump. The locals had swords and crossbows.

I had a Power Ring.

Ah, right. Thanks.

There's the Book of Guinn from Anima. I don't think it's an item you can purchase with CP though. Everything drawn in the pages becomes physical and jumps into the real world with the power of whatever was drawn depending on the artist's skill.

>spoilers

I'd ask why, but I get the feeling I know the answer.

Little Witch Academia is already being worked on unfortunately.

>spoiler
I think the sentiment isn't a rare one, after a point there isn't a payoff to it anymore. I've had better luck with making jumpchain fit the narrative of my worldbuilding rather than the other way around of bending my worldbuilding over to fit jumpchain's narrative.

Drawbacks... you may want to let people who have not taken maximum drawbacks to take some from the Part one jump now to gain some cp, perhaps with a raised drawback limit.
Or apply unused CP from part one to part two.

>Staff of the Living Tribunal (300CP)
I remember the living Tribunal as this cosmic force. And the staff bearing their name is not an awesome arcane tool, but... a face whacking stick. I don't know if that is funny or sad.

>Zero Matter Supply (300CP)
Could this be offered as a Dark Matter infusion? It is possible do wield this power without being destroyed, and if anyone could infuse you with it without side effects, it would be the benefactor.

>Symbiotic Home
I would have thought Pyntastic home would be like the Big House, Plentiful living space in a conveniently small and portable package. Does the symbiotic home have miniature some rooms or secret areas you need to be very small to use?

Who? For how long? I'm looking forward to it, but I want to know what to expect.

Rosie claimed it a week ago. Possibly two weeks? I'd have to check the archives.

A friend of Valeria's has it on claim.

>Rosie
I haven't heard that name before. Are they a new jumpmaker? Or did I just miss whatever jump they made?

Far as I can see they're new. Apparently they're Valeria's friend and have her giving advice, so I'm not worried it'll turn out bad quality.

>Drawbacks... you may want to let people who have not taken maximum drawbacks to take some from the Part one jump now to gain some cp, perhaps with a raised drawback limit.
Here's the current plan: 1000CP drawback cap. You get a whole new slew of drawbacks to choose from. You can choose to keep your old ones for half the CP worth that goes beyond the drawback cap.

>I don't know if that is funny or sad.
It's what I have to work with. That's literally what they named Mordo's staff. marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_the_Living_Tribunal

>Could this be offered as a Dark Matter infusion?
Or you could take it as your Terrigenesis power, since that is a thing.

>I would have thought Pyntastic home would be like the Big House, Plentiful living space in a conveniently small and portable package. Does the symbiotic home have miniature some rooms or secret areas you need to be very small to use?
We haven't seen the Big House in MCU whatsoever, so can't really do that. The Symbiotic Home has the ant farm, and considering all of the things the item has them able to do it's rather appropriate.

Huh, cool. Always good to have new jumpmakers and jumps.

Does purchasing all the drafting colors in Light Bringer provide any benefit to a Light Splitter beyond giving you rainbow eyes?

>It's what I have to work with.
I'm not blaming you, I saw it was in the canon artifacts section.

Just another of Marvels WTF decisions of late.
Not to the level of Captain Hydra, but still.

>Or you could take it as your Terrigenesis power, since that is a thing.
Hm, an Idea, but no. I kind of want to have Dark Matter (that matter/energy from before the universe/beyond the creation) specifically. Not something that just had similar themes, or that depends on something else.

I spent every CP + drawbacks and the freebies on a custom "Perfect Symbiosis with Dark Matter" ability in marvel comics, and kind of want to find a alternative equivalent to that, then look at redoing the jump Marvel Comic jump.

/jc/, if a jumper were to get a Time Lord alt form (Infectious Bite used by The Doctor, defeat The Master when you have Song of Triumph, etc) and die in said form, does it count as death and end your jump, or do you get to regenerate like Time Lords are known to do and continue your chain?

And if regeneration doesn't end your chain, does your regeneration count get reset each jump or not? It seems like the kind of thing that could end up going either way, so I want to know what you guys think.

...I'm sorry, do you mean the Aether? Or the stuff that the Dark Elves use? Because just get yourself some Kursed Stones or the armor capstone upgrade if you want the latter. If you mean the former, then no can do.

>Not to the level of Captain Hydra, but still.
Clearly you haven't seen Aida's new green hair dye.

Dying even if you could come back is still death for the purpose of ending your chain.
You'll need a perk specifically for it to not get sent home.