Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What is the most exotic race you have ever played?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1NmmQacDlubjR1kFxSo4v3e8PjUMWhnEp8e4JSJrT9Ws/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bulette-charge-style-combat-style/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bulette-leap-combat/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bulette-rampage-combat/
paizo.com/products/btpy9r1y/discuss&page=62?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Bestiary-6#3097
paizo.com/products/btpy9r1y/discuss&page=62?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Bestiary-6#3095
paizo.com/products/btpy9s2f/discuss&page=3?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Book-of-the-Damned-Hardcover#126
drive.google.com/file/d/0Byor_o1KfAaTLTl4R0JpSW4wZTQ/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for stop making generals

This is a step backward, OP.

Alright let's talk about something else. How about wiafu wars.
Arueshalae is clearly the best waifu, she has mythic power if you like power level wankery, and shes a risen succubus.

>Exotic Races
>It's a normal fucking human in a fucking themed dress

user, you're a fucking disappointment.

Talking about character apps is a level better than talking about paizo waifus because at least the former has at least one user on the board who's very invested in them.

Greta because I'm GMing an RoW game

What's the worst Armor Check Penalty you can get without obviously going for it? As in, just equipment. Equipment that's not broken. Carrying bags full of gear doesn't count as equipment.

Is it -17 from Half-Plate and Tower Shield?
Can you, like, add armor spikes or shield bosses or something to make that worse?

Dual-wielding Tower Shields is not an option.

Arueshalae is the only good thing to come out of that campaign.

that one extremely unimportant gnome in the safehouse in council of thieves is the best waifu

You want to put Titanic on your armor, user. It increases the ACP by its Enhancement bonus.

Jesus even the replacement topics are fucking shit. You're all very disappointing tonight.

Greta is actual trash.

Has anyone taken a look at the new Bestiary yet? I know it's not out yet, but apparently, we're getting stats on the Four Horsemen, the Harbingers getting Nascent Demon Lord stats, and even the actual horses.

What are you all excited for?

Wow, what a terrible armor quality.
Works for my needs, though, thanks.

SeeShe's literal perfection and the campaign isnt that bad
Irrelevant contrarian/10

dude that gnome has like 2 sentences of backstory, one of which is "moonlights as a pimp"

It's not the BEST, no.

But if you don't give a shit about ACP it's pretty alright. Good for combat maneuverers. A +5 to CMB/D once a minute ain't too shabby, and then there's the Enlarge.

/pfg/ are there any games out there that aren't lewdgames?

I don't mind lewd, but not as the point of the game, you know?

WWW and Blingmaker

Random roll20 shit.

I think the sorts of anons who say this
1) Have never been in a lewdgame before
2) Are severely overestimating the amount of sex that happens in most pfg lewd games

A "lewdgame" is a meaningless term. Everything is a "lewdgame" these days, because nobody can fucking decide what it means.

I made a maenad before I found out my GM had magical realmed them into all appearing female. No sexual dimorphism, they all look like women.

I still played her, but she had the quirk that she thought males and females of all non-lizardmen/serpentfolk were two different species, and she could tell the genders of lizardfolk, serpentfolk, dwarves, and elves apart by sight.

I wonder who could benefit from an increased armor check penalty
It could be you, user that's reading the spoilers
docs.google.com/document/d/1NmmQacDlubjR1kFxSo4v3e8PjUMWhnEp8e4JSJrT9Ws/edit?usp=sharing
Gib feedback pls

i think some people don't want to sit through autists talking about stupidly enormous penises

Someone from the other threads mentioned a comfy quest and that got me thinking about a character:

What would be a good class for a Gnolls who sells make-up and perfume?

Source?

>Are severely overestimating the amount of sex that happens in most pfg lewd games

This. My lewd game is more heroic and adventuresome than my face-to-face normal game.

This makes me wonder, which adventure path has the raunchiest content?
Though I don't think it has the most there is that one, I forget which, where theres a trap in the clone of the runelord of lust that puts you in that body if you die to it. Sounds vaguely /d/ to me

Gnolls are not comfy Rory FUCK OFF

Hedgewitch, use the option for CON-based casting, go Covenant for one tradition, use the domain option to pick the Conversion inquisition.

Alchemist. Collecting scent glands from various kills, collecting flowers petals and seeds to make essential oils, not poisoning yourself by accident when it turns out that manticore tails twitch for a while after being separated from their owner.

If by adventuring you mean fucking, sure.

You're joking, right? the Skinsaw Murders has a family of literal incestuous ogre rapists.

>yfw someone in this thread almost had to deal with the consequences of that trap, but a party member sperged out about it making the PC not be comfortable in the body, and it got retconned

that story was such a shitfest

You literally visit Nocticula's creepy sex dimension in Wrath of the Righteous.

Besides that, Reign of Winter is pretty raunchy.

You're thinking of Hook Mountain Massacre. Skinsaw Murders was about a serial killer with dissociative identity disorder.

Oh there is something alright, it's called a Bulette Charge Style character that focuses completely on overrunning his opponents. It's the only feat chain that gives you damage based off AC.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bulette-charge-style-combat-style/

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bulette-leap-combat/

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bulette-rampage-combat/

paizo.com/products/btpy9r1y/discuss&page=62?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Bestiary-6#3097
paizo.com/products/btpy9r1y/discuss&page=62?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Bestiary-6#3095
paizo.com/products/btpy9s2f/discuss&page=3?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Book-of-the-Damned-Hardcover#126

All coming from the mouth of Todd Stewart.

...How would someone get uncomfortable with that? I'm gonna hazard a guess and say the one sperging out was trans?

That is something. I was more talking like, directly sexual though, thats just kind of 'these people are weird and creepy and evil' sort of thing
I had a feeling someone would respond like that. I mean I would feel weirded out by it but honestly its an amazing rp opportunity, and +2 to every stat if I remember right.
I should go back and reread that. I forget how much of the weird sex parts are brought up.
I remember you're allowed to make a request of her when you take her quest though. The book suggests a magical item of some kind but boy was that not what I was thinking of.
What parts of reign of winter?

C'mon, you should've gotten the joke.

Alright, these sound good, I'll try to make a character with it.

People call Rise of the Runelords kind of generic, but that's not why people love to suggest it so much.

It's because it was fucking RAW back when it first came out--rape, murder, child abuse, incest, cannibalism, insanity, all that good shit. It's like when proto-weebs in the 80s realized that animation could have boobs and blood and decided that anime was the highest of all art forms.

Wait, so that isn't like some Ephraim Waite- "The Thing on the Doorstep" stuff going on?

This doesn't actually happen that often. HV, for instance, was advertised as possibly pretty rauchy, but 4 sessions in and we had nothing of that sort.

Don't use RotJR as your standard for judging pfg games.

>Ephraim

MEMEC@ WILL RISE AGAIN

In Book 2 you've got Greta wanting to bone you right from hello, and you meet a Huldra named Sylgja who, if you fail to save her husband, will immediately try to fuck a party member and make them her new husband because she's lonely.

There's also all sorts of stuff associated with sexuality and sex in general, like the Femininity Caves and the woman who fucked a Satyr.

This. What helped define Pathfinder was that it was more horror-oriented than most settings, and it wasn't afraid to get into really dark subject matter.

Which makes it all the more fucking infuriating that Paizo is trying to be genteel and tame and more-liberal-than-thou now.

RotJR doesn't have any lewd - SotJR at least.

Some people just aren't comfortable roleplaying a "new body." It fucks with their mental image of the character.

Or does it? You won't know unless someone Seht leaks the logs

Probably. It was from a while ago.

The user who told the story had figured the other PCs would flip out about changing race, so he figured he'd eat the trap. Figured it'd be a good opportunity since he was the only dude in the party anyway.
He was right about them flipping out, he was wrong about what it would be.

>.. no, it wasn't. At all. Ever.
You obviously haven't been following the greentexts

Hugs > Fugs

Vult is a big softie who just wanted to run a normal game with cute girls!

new thread post

Social Justice is slowly ruining the quality of games, and it's also creeping up into tabletop RPG's every where. Just look at all the backpedaling Paizo has done in the last few years.

Oh hey, what a coincidence. I'm the oneshot guy. It's picking up into more than just a oneshot so I'm trying to bulk up without completely busting the class ability with bullshit like attaching rocks to myself to be overencumbered.

Here's my feedback:
The GM let me have the different shells apply the ammo's special effect to everything in the radius. I imagine with magical ammo it would be absurd, but ripping a giant hole in a wall and totally fucking up the room behind it with an adamantine Breath Shell was awesome. Dunno how you'd balance that, but that happened and it was great. Make of that what you will.

I went for a Tower Shield, so I had to enter Bulwark Gunner mode whenever I wanted to make an attack roll. Since we only had one encounter, it wasn't so bad. However, I can see it getting really annoying for long adventuring days, especially if your party effectively "killsteals" your grit. Maybe change it to "if you have at least 1 grit point" and then append some sort of counter-balance penalty? Something to prevent people from just slowly advancing while switching into it over and over, like becoming Staggered for a turn after exiting it, for example? Then again, most people will not go for a Tower Shield like me, so they can just shoulder the penalty if they have to.

Spearing Shot should say "with a +5 bonus to reach" rather than just "Reach" because an enemy got right up in my grill and I had to shoot him instead of spearing him since he was too close.

It was level 5 so I can't comment on the other stuff. Overall, felt pretty good. Much better experience than I would've expected with a gunslinger.

The dude has made jokes about it
Like "Help, my players are to good. And I don't want to cheat" kinds of shit.

Er, yeah, I'm familiar. I built a character around it. It doesn't get a bonus from an increased ACP though, unless you're reading Bulette Charge Style as granting a bonus that decreases AND increases with your ACP.

Imagine being THE character that caused eagle to close Dragons 2 applications early.

>RotJR doesn't have any lewd

I don't know what that means but she has a clone, like the spell, that shes supposed to go into when she dies. The book doesn't even really talk about where she might be but its there. It casts a spell to kill people who try and mess with it, but because of weird magic shit it acts as your own clone and you get put in the body
I think I should give this a read. Thats also the one where you go to world war 1 right?
About what I expected, and also pretty stupid.

100% honest I wish wetbirb had picked Rinka, Ephraim, and Rory, and we could've had ANIMAL HOUSE

>a DM is struggling to balance encounters without fiat
>more news at 11

So what happens if your body gets resurrected? Do you then exist in two places at once? Can you then fuck your own clone, so neither of you will be virgins?

If I recall correctly You can't get resurrected, either because of weird magic shit or because youre still 'alive'. There was some high rank dispel magic stuff to undo it eventually though.

Yes, you go to WWI-era Siberia to fight Rasputin.
Actually, Greta isn't quite so DTF as most people play her. She only approaches someone she mistakenly believes to be another winter wolf, but she's thirsty enough that she'll be okay even if that doesn't prove to be true. She also--if I'm remembering correctly by the book as written--only suggests a date if the PCs can't bribe or talk their way past her.

>tfw the backlash against hugs will only make the rapes more intense and frequent

Just sate Vult's lust by fugging the enemy first!

I THOUGHT THE MONSTERS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THE RAPING

It's quite amazing when you think about it, actually.

Compare Rise of the Runelords to Wrath of the Righteous, they went from

>Teen-pregnant insane Aasimar, vicious serial killers with dissociative identity disorder, and incestuous rapist ogres
to
>Extremely sterile crusade consisting of a rainbow diversity squad fighting against the most sinful things in the cosmology, whose only compulsions are to destroy and nothing else.

The whole point of "social justice" - not actual justice but the bullshit we're seeing recently - is censorship and the destruction of language; the ability to express and communicate thoughts and ideas.

It may not seem to have much effect on one when they've just been told "don't use that word" because the concept, the image those words bring continue to exist. But with every little bit shaved off the vocabulary and never taught to children no matter how technically correct or even important it could be to learn it, the less they're able to formulate ideas as adults.

The eventual goal is for any unapproved trains of thought to become nearly impossible; replaced by a vague sense of ungood/unhappy that they can't quite put into words. Without these coherent concepts and imagery, acting upon them in any organized fashion becomes impossible; the worst that can happen is some raging retard that gets put down.

*THAT* is what modern "social justice" has been corrupted into becoming.

A true connoisseur of perversion cares not which side he finds himself on!

I don't think special materials particularly matter, you can adamantine a shotgun and it does the same thing. So, probably go nuts with that. Hell, might *encourage* specialty shells.

That's a good point, especially since it's a level 1 deed and grit is going to be scarce at that level. Spearing Shot is also a good point, I'll adjust that.

>only suggests a date if the PCs can't bribe or talk their way past her.

Nope, she suggests a date if the PC beats the Diplomacy check by +5.

And by "date" she means, "wanna come back to my place and share some mulled wine~?"

>Advanced Firearms: Advanced firearms resolve their attacks against touch AC when the target is within the first five range increments. At higher range increments, the attack resolves normally, including taking the normal cumulative –2 penalty for each full-range increment.
Does this mean that you do not take any range-based penalty for shooting an Advanced Firearm at someone who is in your, say, fourth ranged increment?

Yes you do, but past the fifth increment it starts ALSO being against regular AC

I see, thanks.

>Hey there, big boy~
>Why don't we go behind those rocks and put that stupidly enormous corruption to good use?

If it's any consolation, I did get something out of almost dying like an idiot. Well, potentially at least.
My PC got ruled as still being pulled in by the trap, but only a piece of him. We brought the body back and the GM is gonna have the her wake up to be her own NPC later.

Also quite telling that WotR is where they showed what their vision of the Goddess of Lawful Good was like.
>Shut up and do what I say
>No, not like that--now I'm going to punish you for offending me
>What, you dare to want the rules explained to you?
>Check your privilege while I blast you with the trumpets again
Projecting much, Paizo?

Isn't that the Runelord of Lust?

This sounds familiar

You know, if she wasn't all-powerful and willing to kill me, grumpy capricious Iomedae would be kind of endearing.

Overlewd

I never really got what Iomedae was supposed to do with WotR for members of the Asmodean church during the trumpeting. How is she supposed to treat them?

At that point the book retconning Iomedae occasionally having Asmodeus in an advisory role hadn't be retconned yet.

Asmodeans are specifically called out as having a vested interest in the crusades and the events of WotR.

Does she call them then immediately smite them because they're ideologically opposed to her? What about if they then commune with Asmodeus, because at that level they can.

The better solution is not to play Wrath of the Righteous because it's terrible and so is mythic

>LG
>decides to fuck over an allied god's followers
>because they're the wrong alignment

Sounds like Iomedae.

It's still "me" in there, friend. Just the wrong body.

>He won't give his friend a brojob in a banging new body

Is Wrath of the Righteous the AP that signaled Paizo's decline in campaign quality?

How do you fuck up a simple Crusade story that much?

By having social justice warriors write without an editor

reminder that almost all paizo staff signed that "game developers who proudly voted for hillary" list
they're ideologues now, jim, it's too late for them
started before that AP, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly when they went full-force SJW
maybe they always were but someone was keeping them in check, who knows

Didn't matter who we voted for in that election.

The only question was whether it was going to one candidate's corporate partners, or the other candidate's corporate family.

Burn it all down! Death to Capitalist swine!

You got a sauce for that, user?

yes but the point is those guys were virtue signalling so hard they signed their fucking names on a list

not on my phone no
I reckon you can just find that lost online still unless they deleted it in shame
go look for "game developers for hilarry" or something like that
there's videogames in there but also tabletops so just ctrl-f for paizo
we shitposted about that list right here so someone here will be able to vouch that it was real even if you can't find it anymore

Man am I glad the devs of my favorite MMO didn't vote for Clinton

RuneScape devs are pretty based

>autistics for trump

What a surprise.

On another note, what do you guys think about throwing weapons? Are they underpowered?

There's enough apps to Overlewd that you can build a party around it! What's YOUR ideal party, meme and nonmeme?

Found it, user. Here's the link for anyone interested in it.

drive.google.com/file/d/0Byor_o1KfAaTLTl4R0JpSW4wZTQ/view

user...

RuneScape is based in Britain

FUCK OFF WITH THE THROWING WEAPONS MEME

YES THEY'RE UNDERPOWERED, HERE'S HOW TO FIX THEM, STRENGTH OT HIT

WE'RE FUCKING DONE