Girls at the table

So for like the 3-4 fem anons on here what do you want your dm to do when some guy is inappropriately hitting on you during the session. i had this happen a couple of time and i call the guy on it to not do it on my time. last session the girl said i embarrassed her (how ever that happened) i told her next time you do that off my table.

tldr: thirsty that guy stories at your table

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rB7NR90hkcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't concern myself with it, mostly because i'm not interested in anyone at my table, given they're all men or straight.

Also, all my flirtation has to be physical, so keeping my hands to myself and my expression cool is more than enough to prevent awkwardness of all sorts.

are you just a jealous cuck though?
don't invite girls if you don't want to get shown up

stop being so shamelessly autistic and let them handle it themselves. going by your post, they're going to be a lot better at it than you could ever hope to be.

idk some time i seen thristy guy try to hit on chick during a session and had girl say i do too much and not enough. im just trying to keep the peace at my table not telling people how to live

idk how i got so many girl on my table mostly cause my club is connect threw the school i go to and i let any one join and we ended with a fair amount of them. no i had memeber tell me that so and so is hitting on them and they want it to stop.

i know you other guys dont have to talk to women other than your mothers. i just want to know if im doing the right thing.

If people are being thirsty at the table, it has to stop. Talk to them privately and let them know such.

Are you a lesbican?

Exactly. Talk to the guy IN PRIVATE at some other time, not in front of the girl during the game (that's the embarrassing part).

If he still does it after several warnings, kick him out of the group.

Iwanna like Eternal Crusade but it's just so imbalanced.

Had a guy who was shitting up an Eclipse Phase campaign by constantly trying to jump me. I basically just winced and bore it, until eventually I just politely told him to shut the fuck up and take the hint.
He got mad.
He got kicked out.

Other than that, I ran a game for some friends of mine and a girl in it got rapey at half the party so she was out pretty much as I found out

Why would I want the DM to do anything? If i'm not interested, I'll say so myself.

I can't blame a guy (or a girl!) For trying, though. And maybe I might actually be interested! If i'm sitting at a gaming table, we already share an interest, right? And this particular hobby tends to come with a cluster of other interests, too, so we might have other stuff in common, too.

Now, if they're making it awkward, then it's a problem with no single answer. Is it a group of strangers? Am I the oddball in with an established group? Is he the oddball in with my established group? Is the DM the one making it awkward?

We have one player who is a massive perv with no tact. After our female player's first session, I brought a water bottle to the next and used it to keep him in line until he realized he was getting nowhere. We have harmony now.

we had another female audition but she was so obnoxious we actually encouraged him to help run her off

I wouldn't know, because my first and only face to face DM had his dmpc rape my character in my first session (lots of detail, his regular gaming club buddies at the university laughing and chiming in with commentary), then had a single goblin with a club knock out my (15th level, to match the power level of the campaign) character while they were on watch without rolling, take them prisoner, then have a giant weasel kill them (a 15th level ranger) without rolling while they were trying to escape the goblin camp (while naked).

I was twelve at the time.

I know I'm bored with this shit alread

Yeah, but the rules work for anyone: keep your hands to yourself and leave the flirting for before or after game. "Game face on" is a good idea for anyone at any game at all times.

>Girls at the table
Don't do this. I don't care what your justifications are or how nice she is or how many men at the table are married, you don't fucking do this.

If you like each other keep flirting out of the sessions. It can be really grating for the other players when two people start flirting ooc as well as create unnecessary tension. If it doesn't work out at the table you'll ruin fun for other people as well with all your drama.

You're all autistic.

So, you like sausage, we get it. Get over yourself.

>I ran a game for some friends of mine and a girl in it got rapey at half the party
Hm? Elaborate, please.

How did you discipline him with a water bottle exactly? Were you spraying him like a naughty dog or something?

user, just admit you've never played with actual women.

>thread on Veeky Forums about "girls and stuff"
I love these

I hope you are baiting, cause this is a very pathetic position to have.

Well this is going to be a productive thread.

You'd deal with like any other group activity with adults. Tell her to solve her own problems, firstly. If they doesn't work, talk to the dude privately. If that doesn't work, whoever the offender is. Also, if it's just he said/she said stuff(like, you've never seen it), talk to them both privately and separately and tell them to just stay away from one another unless it has something to do with the game.

This is why women at the table are bad idea unless they are the GM's chubby 5/10 girlfriend. Put the type of person who plays RPGs (let's face it all the 100k/year wife'd up Chads who post constantly, are not representative of the masses) in with young attractive female who shares their interests and they ARE going to go for that. And the girl is NOT going to want it. I have a good female friend who has wanted to play RPGs for a while so I am stuck running shitty one-on-one campaigns for her because I really don't trust her around my main group. I have a feeling they'd stare at her ass the whole time.

>If that doesn't work, whoever the offender is.
Remove that is.

That shit should a private conversation. Don't bring it up in the middle of a session, it becomes awkward for everyone.

I have learned that both men and women are terrible horrible people so I don't play with other people or even associate with them except for in extremely limited ways.

Veeky Forums games are best played alone because that way you always win.

Well it honestly depends on what's going on.

Guy I'm not interested in starts hitting on me at the table or being a creep? I'm gonna tell him to stop. If he wont stop, I'm going to ask you to kick him out. Please comply.

If it's a guy I'm interested in who hits on me, I'll probably tell him to talk about it after the game, but if I forget, please remind us both to stop doing that stuff at the table.

Play with guys and girls that actually know each others.

To be honest I'm the DM and maried to one of my player, but my girl friend isn't interested in anyone and that's fine. Hell one of her ex is in the group.

Just be a goddamn adult about it and treat women like actual peoples who enjoy killing Kobolt as much as you.

>I have a good female friend who has wanted to play RPGs for a while so I am stuck running shitty one-on-one campaigns for her because I really don't trust her around my main group. I have a feeling they'd stare at her ass the whole time.
This is fucking sad, man. Are your friends really such a bunch of animals or do you just want this female friend for yourself, you dice-rolling Casanova?

Girls are the best at trpgs, hands down. They come up with interesting characters, they rp them consistently and follow the story and are engaged with it, they come up with great ideas and notice subtle details and interact with npcs better, and they are aware of the relationships between characters.

Not saying all guys *don't* do this shit but most guys don't and most girls do. Some girls suck, I'm sure, and some guys are awesome, I'm sure. But typically girls are much better players and dms, and I'd rather play with mostly-girls over a buncha guys. It also opens up new types of stories since most guys won't sit there and play romance or certain time periods or whatever.

(IF YOU ARE THE EXCEPTION, DON'T GET OFFENDED JUST KEEP BEING AWESOME. IF YOU ARE A GUY WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT, GOOD FOR YOU I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH 5 OF YOU.)

>I'm the DM and maried to one of my player, but my girl friend isn't interested in anyone and that's fine. Hell one of her ex is in the group.
Are you sure you are not being RPG-cucked?

>dnd

>my club is connect threw the school i go to
Okay, user. Here's what you do. You go back to your school, you kneel in front of your english teachers, and you apologise for the fucking god-awful state of your english, and beg them to help you improve.

Then you get your underage ass back to instagram.

Not much to elaborate really.

My girlfriend offered to let rapeygirl crash at hers one time after a game.
At this point we didn t know she was rapey.

Found out the next day that she'd spent the whole night trying to fuck my gf despite being pushed off, repeatedly.
She also got gropey and weird at one of the other girls in the group and had to get yelled down.
We hoped shed fix her shit but nyet.

I get what you're saying, but I've seen a pretty good split between good roleplayers and bad ones from both genders.

I know that doesn't prove anything since it's just my personal experience but after doing this for a good few years I'm happy to say that gender doesn't mean squat when it comes to roleplaying quality; experience and imagination does.

Damn, this is legit creepy. I thought she got rapey in-game, didn`t even expect her to pull such shit IRL.

From what I've read there's a fair amount of creepy lesbians, but they kind of get a pass in LGBTQBBQBTFOWTFLMAO circles because to criticize them might be oppression or something.

I agree with this, honestly it's basically just inviting trouble. Despite players probably thinking that they aren't, they give them extra treatment and consideration in-game constantly, and often time shifts the focus in their direction. Girls really don't fit well with most gaming groups, and generally it's not worth the trouble.

Yeah.
She was a shite role player too, But we were trying to be nice cos she what issues and no other friends.

Not much of a shock really

I only know that one out of my friend circle. But she really makes up for everyone else being normal

May also be that rapey gets along with rapey. I don't want to be that guy, but gays in my area are just like that and it's the same. They're used to have no concept of personal space and will cross any line they can with the excuse of being "friendly".

I've only had one group and I'm relatively new to tabletop gaming, but we have a chick and we don't have any issues(except she's not very interested in the game, she doesn't ignore things or detracts, but you can tell she isn't supper enthusiastic). She and another guy in the group are a couple, the DM is her boyfriends brother, and I'm married. The last guy is single, but he's also not a autistic virgin(he and I know each other from the Marines). I could see issues occurring if we were all single or something though.

>tmw 100k/year wifed up Chad
Life is good.

Why would I expect my GM to do it? He's just running a game, he doesn't have to be my dad. I talk to them privately or just politely ignore it.

>girls
>better dms
kek

ITT virginity

Reminder that the DM is responsible for managing the game, not the players' social life or behaviour.

Underrated post

>women are funny
>really
Kek.

Oh! I have a double thirstlord story.

So in college I dated one of those "LOLXD So random" gamer girls that I had met in an English class. After we had been together a few months she asked to sit in on our weekly D&D group. Over the course of a few weeks she went from watching to wanting to make a character. Now while we were at the table and I was around. I found out later that one guy at the table had taken to sending her really creepy messages on the side about how when I went home on summer break that two of them should go out ect. Another guy had kept it mostly chill until I broke up with the girl. Once she was "on the market" he started trying to pick her up and then threatened to kill himself when she wouldn't go out with him.

In the fallout of finding out all of this I kind of kept talking to both of them and the one remaining guy and me formed a gaming group with a couple of my friends from work.

Guy one eventually decided to transition, I assume after he realized he wanted to be the girl if he couldn't date them. Guy two I largely lost contact with but stayed friends with his younger brother.

Gamer girl and I exchange Christmas cards every year.

>thirstlord
Jesus fucking christ can you leave your shitty tumblrisms back home?
/pol/ shitposting is btter than your no fun allowed nonsense.

What are you even talking about

>married
>my girl friend

Literally no one who frequents Veeky Forums ever even contemplated the term 'thristlord'.
Like what the fuck? It's like someone saw the term 'shitlord' and still thought it was too offensive.

Nigger it's obviously indicating a thirsty fucktard.
You really need to chill out and stop seeing weird shit everywhere

Haha are you upset you got called out for being a tumblr shitposter? It really doesn't help your case that you're in a girls at the table thread too.
No one uses -lord suffix on Veeky Forums except ironically when making fun of tumblr users. It's something that obviously marks you as an outsider.
Now you know.

I remember this story.

You're literally retarded

>last session the girl said i embarrassed her
mention that her advice is not needed. You're trying to run a game, not take care of her social appearance.
Solved

>Hell one of her ex is in the group.

Here's the dynamic in my group:
Glassesbro is dating GFGM.
We play at their house.
Orbiterguy has pined hopelessly after GFGM for years. He regularly gives her gifts and is also one of our PCs.
Orbiterguy is a cheating minmaxer who always tries to one up Glassesbro in game and monopolize GFGM's time by impressing her with his 'extensive' PF knowledge. Glassesbro plays weak, flavourful characters and enjoys trolling Orbiterguy.
These two don't like each other for obvious reasons and it looks like next session the tension is finally going to result in a one-sided PvP to the death.

Do I intervene to save Glassesbro and make it a 2v1?

If you can do it for unassailable in-character reasons, hell yes.

>playing with thots

Yea nah. Even worse are fat dykes or faggots. Always terrible, cringey characters like something out of a bioware game

Unfortunately I have no good in character reason to help either of them. It would just be blatant favoritism on my part.

GFGM?

Also, no, if you're the gm, tell Orbiter to stop being a fucktard.

>if I don't like them it's creepy

Oldfag here with 10+ years seniority. I'll allow it.

you're on Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums asking for advice on how to talk to girls. the most plausible explanation for this is that your mother died in childbirth then you grew up in a gender-segregated religious organization that has rendered you too retarded to even see women as people rather an idealized objects, because otherwise there's no way you'd possibly do something this daft. well, unironically, that is...

>how to spot a newfag

Not a girl, but there's no excuse not to kick someone who can't keep themselves from flirting at the table, even if both people are down for it. Its uncomfortable as fuck for everyone else. I don't give a fuck if you're goddamn married, keep the PDA away from the table.

If one is attacking the other, thats reason to join on the other guy's side. What led to the combat?

You solve these problems by bantering them away just like you can do with most things at a table with friends.
That said, women are terrible at banter which is where the trouble comes in.

youtube.com/watch?v=rB7NR90hkcQ

*Newfag here*
As a girl myself in a group of guys, the best way to handle it is what my group did.
1) Let her handle it if she brings it up that she's not appreciating his advances then get involved
2) The Group is adults and knew from day 1 I was not on the market and trying to get my man to play with us
3) Warned me about the weirdo pervert in the group who fucking tried to oust out my inquisitor to the whole fucking HIVE when I put so much fucking effort into playing a stealth game! (GM let me use a fate point to undo that bullshit because the other guy is a bitch as well)

And lastly, if it's during your own time and he's being disruptive call him out on derailing the game.

Just make fun of them until they stop. But be funny, not mean.

If a guy at the table is being a creep and I'm obviously uncomfy I prefer if the DM steps in and tells him to knock it off. It doesn't have to be explicit or embarrassing, "knock that off" or "let's change the topic" is really appreciated.

A male friend of mine is my DM, we had a new guy join in a few months back and in his second session my cleric was separated from the party during a fight and charmed by a warlock who used a lot of magic tentacles. New guy just won't stop making comments about my character and what the warlock might be doing to him with those tentacles, in the dark etc, and while the first one was funny it became apparent after the 4th or 5th that he's really into it. At one point I pointedly interjected "(Cleric name) is just super happy to be here with this warlock and not being penetrated by tentacles." and when the guy tried to bring it up again the DM said "Let's not bring our sexual fantasies into the game." and that sort of took care of that. It was just the right amount of embarrassing without being scolding, and it helped us get along with the game all happy-like.

B-But I'm a Bard. It's my job to bang anything that moves...

>how to not take a joke

>lesbican
A lesbian magician?

>I have a feeling they'd stare at her ass the whole time.

News flash: they get this everywhere already. You're not protecting her from shit.

Femanon here. It's probably because you drew even more attention to an already embarrassing situation that she was probably just trying to ignore.

Don't know, won't know. I run an all-male group.

I got the weirdest fucking table. So my best friends are both chicks and when both ended up living near my place I invited them and their nerdy bfs to game with us. The girls are...well they're exactly who I knew they were gonna be. Fucking Machiavellian madmen. Their bfs are kinda milquetoast. Ones a bit too stabby and the other never seems to be able to make a choice.

It's really fun to run for them cause they constantly find ways to get what they want. It's the first real challenging game I've run. So far we've been running a horror game set in an apocalyptic monsters are everywhere setting. The major antagonists are a crew of fifty vampires who constantly use money and threats to get the players to do shit for them and a crew of soldier-knights who hate the players cause of how blaise they are with civilian lives.

I finally got them to like a npc enough to voluntarily chill with him without threats like "he's a demigod who could crush you" being thrown around.

OR ARE YOU A LESBICAN'T!

Every portion of your post made me think you aren't a good GM.

This is a genuine statement, not an exaggerated dig against you.

I'm usually good. Sometimes I get a bit too mean but that's cause my favorite stories are those where the heroes get beat down just to get up again and win. I'm also more used to moral heroes and these guys are crazy not moral. They had a problem where the orphanage was actually a feeding stable for vampires and in order to get the vampires to show up they set fire to the orphanage.

What do you think I'm bad at tho?

>Be a Lesbican, not a Lesbican't!

> naughty cat*
FTFY

I hope this meme dies some day.

I am so fucking glad I only run games with friends and family who can speak earnestly to eachother.

I'm all for not being a creepy asshole, regardless of who does it or who its towards, but god damn, when the cute chick in the group is wearing booty shorts, and keeps pulling her shirt half off because she's hot, i'm not going to NOT look.

>men never creep on women
You are an idiot.

Not a girl, but a story about one

>new group (posted on a board in the mall)
>asks to join
>new to d&d
>all good
>two days before meet up
>asks for backround checks on every member
>uh... No?
>asks to meet up in person in a public place first then
>meet up, turn out its a 20 something y/old girl
>asks about me and others
>all of us are 30+ and married
>wants to play in public
>NOPE, tell her if she is so worried about strangers then not to come
>she comes anyways
>everything is okay for the first four sessions
>she approaches me after a game (I'm the DM)
>wants to talk about her character
>wants another female character in the game
>DM-PC
>okay, I could do that temporarily
>next session introduce new DM-PC, play her as a support that doesn't talk much
>she rp's her character hitting on her
>it's just weird
>sexually assaults the character
>nope
>tell her this isn't going to work if she keeps it up, no three strikes, do this next session and you're out
>next session she does the same thing
>kick her from the group because everyone is weirded out
>kept emailing me erp after that
>blocked her

I've learned that if I feel someone is crazy at first glance to just avoid. It was Fuckin weird

>wired up
You used to be cool, bro

>married
>girl friend
>Hell one of her ex is in the group

Good thing you have a side piece, explains why you're not upset about being cucked.

>4 girls in my group
>plus two of their boyfriends
Not that I'm a meninist or something, but bringing the guys to the group didn't hurt it too much. They can roleplay almost as well as girls and one of them is even a switch GM. Just make sure they don't come to the table just to be hit on.