/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Even I don't know what the fuck is going on in this image edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Posting my homebrew again. Would you use it? Do you want me to try stating the various war machines?

Did some progress on my Dino-undead, and got myself my Necromancer mini!

Need to base coat the Necro, finish painting the dino's and riders, etc. But the mini's are coming out great!

Closer look at the Necromancer, might add a bit more to her to "deaden" her up.

One of the Dino-Knights; I think im gonna go back and brighten up his skin a bit, wash his boots, and clean up his scales while brightening them up.

Looking good user.

I was waiting to see an update on these.

Thanks! Honestly, the Dino-Riders were the hardest ones to do. When I first started out, the Black Knight/Hex Wraiths just did not fit what so ever. Thankfully, I had a Surplus of Rough Rider Legs, which is where the legs came from. Then, I decided to beef up the spears, by using Griffon Knight arms, and a few heads.

The skinks are up next, and than the Skeletons. I do have some terrain done though!

Working with Insalation foam is a bitch, and you can kinda tell where some of the shit melted.

Yeah do send the lists. I would say that at 1500 points you can easily just put a sorceror w/ lore metal, 2000pts go for the lord focus.

Send the lists over dude!

There's not enough number-crunching around here and its fun seeing what people come up with.

Am I right in thinking that:

- skullcrushers are a must-take 8/10 games

- two warshrines with small unit of chosen + aspiring champs (for daemonic increases) is somewhat overpowered in a casual atmosphere? free daemon princes is hard to beat. or is it too random for repeat play?

Bonus: An old Vampire Count I got painted up!

It's pillaging time.

Yeah Skulllcrushers were like a steam-train with a battering ram on the front. They were expensive though and Frenzy had to be managed.

but since he's mono-Nurgle I guess they're off the table.

Back off, Cortez, this is Undead property now

Yeah, I would definitely use it user, thanks!!!

Judging by the lack of responses from last thread, I'm taking it that Endhammer is dead?

Yeah it looks like it's fizzled out.

I actually got into Warhammer after the ET so I don't even really know what that is.

Surprised you didn't hear about it - it was an attempt to rework how the End Times happened, to have a shaken up setting while also not completely destroying it. The Empire was split into three pieces, Bretonnia started abruptly modernizing after most of the nobles died and the peasants had to try and take over, stuff like that.

I guess the big problem was either loss of interest, or how divisive it could get - there was always someone that would dislike whatever was decided on. Last I heard about it was when they were working on Ind.

> Last I heard about it was when they were working on Ind
I did the write-up for Beasts of the East, so if that's the last thing worked on, well

Yeah that sounds like it could get pretty skuby. The idea that Bretonnia modernised is already making me nervous.

really like WFB and the world, but I wanted something more along the lines of an RPG

I see the pastebin but im not sure which edition one would recommend? Roleplay is more important than combat for me but I obviously dont want shit combat.

Just looking for some suggestions and some experiences

IIRC the "modernizing" of Bretonnia was regarding the peasants stepping up to govern in place of all the dead nobles, and all pretending to act like they believed nobles acted like. This simultaneously makes Bretonnia even more of a medieval parody than it already is, as well as opening its people to new ideas.

It's not like they're suddenly adopting more advanced technology or anything.

I don't roleplay myself, but I think 2nd ed is what people generally go for

Second edition is you case.
First editions lore is too oldschool to be considered canon and 3rd edition is overpriced shit.
You could also wait for Zwrihähender rules.

>time to assault khermi, come on fang fuccbois
>what do you MEAN you vampire shits won't help me in this suicidal attack?
>I underestimated their son god, and failed!
>I curse all vampires to be weak to sunlight!

>I'm alive after 1,111 years, time to conquer earth! starting with that sigmar faggot, let's go boys
>what do you MEAN you vampire shits won't help me in this suicidal attack?
>I underestimated their barbarian god, and failed!
>I curse all vampires to be weak to sigmar!

>well I'm back again, first things first let's move some furniture
>what do you MEAN you vampire shits won't help me move this couch upstairs?
>I underestimated the couch's weight, and threw out my back!
>I curse all vampires to be weak to stairs!

Knowing this, was Mannfred truly in the wrong?

Aight, the latest list I've been considering is as follows:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord - Lore of Nurgle - lvl 3 Wiz, MoN, Unholy Strike, Fencer's Blades, Talisman of Preservation & the Other Trickster's shard.

Exalted Hero - BSB - MoN, Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin, Helm of Many Eyes, Dawnstone & Halberd.

5x Chaos Warhounds

2x 5 Forsaken.

18x Chaos Warriors - MoN, Shields, Full Command & Banner of Eternal Flame.

Chaos Warshrine - MoN.

Gorebeast Chariot - MoN.

22x Chosen - MoN, Halberds, Full Command & Banner of Discipline.

My chars go into the unit of Chosen who, along with the Warriors make up the center of my battleline while the Forsaken and the Gorbeast Chariot take the flanks. The hounds serve as central redirectors and the Warshrine stays behind my center ready to provide further assisstance to the footmen with a flank charge.

The total point cost comes to 1993 out of 2000p.
What do you guys think? Any critique and/or pointers are highly welcome!

*Zweihänder rules

Alternatively I was thinking about taking this route:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord - Lore of Nurgle - lvl 4 Wiz, MoN, Unholy Strike, Fencer's Blades, Talisman of Preservation & the Other Trickster's shard.

Exalted Hero - BSB - MoN, Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin, Helm of Many Eyes, Dawnstone & Halberd.

2x 5 Forsaken.

18x Chaos Warriors - MoN, Shields, Full Command & Banner of Eternal Flame.

Chaos Warshrine - MoN.

2x Gorebeast Chariot - MoN.

16x Chosen - MoN, Halberds, Full Command & Banner of Discipline.

Total Point Cost: 2000/2000

At the cost of one less rank of Chosen and my wardogs I get an additional gorebeast chariot and wiz lvl 4 on my sorc lord. In that case I'd place one gorebeast chariot on each flank while having my forsaken act as a bridge between the center and the flank, capable of supporting either while also being availible to serve as redirectors and skirmisher chasers.

That's a neat little mini. Why does his sword say Karl Franz though?

Also, please resize your images.

M'lady
*tips fedora*
*unsheat multimelta*

>Dwarf space marines
Holy fucking shit, they don't even try to hide it anymore

I give it a pass because he has iron top hat and monocle.

>Squats

The moustache guns for me are a step too far. It's typical of the new GW design team, way too overdesigned to look good. It's like they all were allowed to suggest one feature and all were applied to the model.

You have the main balloon type thing (It's made of fucking metal, are they fucking serious?), then there are the two sub-balloons off to the side that serve absolutely no purpose. You've got the armour that means he is all but unable to move his arms, making that sword completely useless (Not that the fucking teeth on it didn't do that anyway).

You have the weird moon boots that seem to imply that he is literally jump infantry, making that giant cannon on top of his head useless as he is constantly changing height.

And the fucking cherry on the cake is the fucking moustache guns.......why?
Firing that would make you 100% deaf and the heat from the barrel would set his moustache on fire. And where does the ammo come for it? Is there a feed to an ammo store inside his armour?

>He doesnt know about edrinkraft and aethergold

>You've got the armour that means he is all but unable to move his arms, making that sword completely useless (Not that the fucking teeth on it didn't do that anyway).

he can move prettyfine.
"teeth" are very effectove and used on every chainsword since the 80's

>making that giant cannon on top of his head useless as he is constantly changing height.
he can choose the height and stabilise.
Also good luck making a hole in a Skygrot warship, SkySkaven warship (THE main enemies of this guy) or big bloodthirster, without said cannon.

>You have the main balloon type thing (It's made of fucking metal, are they fucking serious?)
Of course its made of metal, how would cloth containg liquid, boiling Aethergold ?

You're arguing realism for a setting unrelated to the thread that isn't even internally consistent or makes any sort of sense on any level. Why even try?

Everything you reference here makes my head hurt over how fucking retarded everything you referenced is.

Is magic metal and flying machines really that retarded?

Thanks! The sword is off a Demigryph set, since the one he came with a pitiful little knife. So I replaced with a sword.

To be fair, he is by fat the shittyiest mini of the bunch.

Have some new art.

honestly it was the logical step after gyrobombers.

kinda dope all in all

Is this some Shadowrun art?

Cancer get out, reee.

Lore wise, Aether gold is a super bouyant gas that can loose density the more you heat it up. The giant "spheres" are actually giant boilers for the Aethergold.

The ships shown are all single "balloon" ships, but they do have larger ships as well.

I fucking hope we get EdrinkraftWorld Duardin

>Spacedwarfs are never seen without their armour!
>Picture clearly showing them in a public place without their armour.

This shit isn't even consistent. Ah, whatever.
Glad they're showing civilians at least.

god I fucking hate this range

>implying those acts were suicidial

Vamps are just self-serving cowards and Nahash's only mistake was repeatedly relying on them to help accomplish his goals.

He should have just desolved the bloodlines, devolved the race into the feral monstrosities they perform best at and doubled down on his wights and Necromancers.

anyone who likes this has shit taste.

and taste is usually subjective.

but this whole range of miniatures is just objectively awful.

fuck GW.

>Spacedwarfs are never seen without their armour!
says you.

why does it outsell whfb then ?

Pretty sure that applies on their ships and possibly outside of the sky ports as well.

>a one handed weapon with Impact as default
>for 6 gold
>common

Literally no reason to use any of the other weapons on this list. They're completely and painfully outclassed by a 1 handed weapon with Impact as default. Impact is just too useful and ubiquitous that anyone not using it for fluff/flavour will eventually switch to it just to keep up with everyone else not concerned with fluff/flavour.

>They are never seen outside of their armour, so few in the realms truly know what they look like

Seems pretty clear-cut to me.

Mannfred was never wrong in the first place

because people who still buy games workshop shit have terrible taste

>why does it outsell whfb then ?

Because they don't sell a vast range of WHFB anymore, much less promote it or update it.

why does it outsell three times whfb at his best tho ?

it doesn't

There's no proof of that.

Never seen in the realms without their armor.

Reading comprehension.
They are never seen by anyone else without their armor.
Art commented was on a Kraftworld ship.

It does, and there is no proof it doesnt.
See last years GW finance statement

how about you go get it for me and quote what you're referencing

>YES IT DOES
>still provides no proof while claiming it exists

Okay, Johnny. Take your shitposting to another thread.

Is it really called a 'Kraftworld'?
Holy shit.

Are they really just spelling shit like retards in the hope that they'll be able to slap a trademark on it? It feels like that's what AoS is mostly about; making everything look just retarded and different enough from Tolkien so they can slap a trademark on it.

He doesnt, but I have.

Look what fell off my pocket. :^)
I provide proof, you can look them up in the gw financial statement.
Now Im waiting for the proofs of WHFB outselling AoS.

Still waiting for proof

>several years

The guy claimed it was outselling WHFB "at its height". More to the point, WHFB wasn't really being pushed for at least "several years". There's no numbers or proof here, just a claim from GW that their shit show is "doing well", which proves nothing other than a company wants people to think its products are doing well. Did you expect them to say it was doing poorly?

Come back when you have some actual numbers, rather than a publicity blurb of GW patting themselves on the back.

WHFB was languishing in the shadow of 40k and poor design choices/shit releases for a long time before it was squatted.

>incredibly easy for companies to jew their numbers to make it look like everything is fine
>apparently things are so bad GW cant even post fake numbers and instead resorts to meaningless buzzwords and comments

yikes

>Kraftworld ship.

>before WHFB was squatted
>no actual source

>several years

I thought we were talking peak Fantasy sales here

>AoS discussion takes over

Seems like you guys need to put the rule back.

>Something new and highly pushed for is selling better than an old game with diminshed support have done recently.
No shit Sherlock.

>Mfw I come back from mining some Aetherclouds and fucking khorne want da booty

Krell and Arkhan were consistently better and more loyal than any of the vampires shits, Nagash was a fool for not just making more wights. It's not like the warhammer world was short on dead ancient warriors or anything. If nagash wasn't a fucking idiot he would have focused more on making his forces like the tomb kings, with competent generals and massive undead constructs. Zombies and vampires were a mistake, bough zombies at least are cheap and easy to produce cannon fodder

Mannfred is more powwerful than Arkan.

Vampires are generally more powerful. They are one step towards perfect undeath. However, the Stormcast are undeath perfected since they don't require animus or the lifeforce of others to exist. This annoys Nagash!

>stormcasts
I'm glad to carry this conversation over to the AoS general, I don't want people to REEEE too hard in here and also it's off topic

But isn't Arkhan>vampires? He took the original elixir from nagash, not the watered down version that lead to vampires. All of their strengths, but none of the weaknesses associated with it

How do you guys go about creating artifacts and enchanted gear?

I thought only dwarves and elves had the knowledge to do that.

I mean like loot for players

Do people just reee out about AoS in here and jerk each others hateboners for GW off? Cause that's what it looks like.

He is skellie that can't eat. drink or have sex unlike vampires.

what is the difference between this and age of sigmar?

WHF takes place in a medieval world.

AoS takes place in high fantasy realms.

It varies - sometimes it happens, but people keep bringing up AoS shit more lately than they've been doing for the past few weeks. It's rather frustrating when I'd rather talk lore and build up ideas for if I ever get into/run a WFRP game.

Arkan and Mannfred had one final duel in AoS. Arkan admitted that Mannfred is the better man but told him that his immaturity and disloyalty will always be his downfall, then Arkan pointed behind him to the shadows.The shadows parted only to reveal Nagash who was watching the whole thing, and he thinks that Mannfred was a naughty boy in due for a spanking

Question from last thread: Why do Skaven take non-skaven slaves? And what do they do with them?

I ask, because Im thinking about possibly having a game where the players are Skaven Slaves, and have to work together to escape their bonds. Some of them want to play as non-humans, and I was wondering what they would be treated like, respectively. I also figure that Elven, Dwarven or Ogre prisoners would be far more valuable.

this looks like some garbage from World of Warcraft.

>what is the difference between this and age of sigmar?

Completely different settings. End Times/Age of Sigmar takes place in a multidimensional high fantasy setting of hodge-podge lol-whatever metaphysics and inconsistent world-building with highly reliable narration and very little mystery as to how it all fits together (partially because how it all fits together largely does not matter).

Warhammer Fantasy takes place in a medieval/renaissance setting largely analogous to the real world, with high degrees of historicity, internal consistency, and verisimilitude. It's very "down to Earth", and while it does have (strong) elements of high fantasy at it's foundation and background, it by and large a low-fantasy setting with regular people living their daily lives.

The Warhammer Fantasy setting has more in common with Game of Thrones, or Realm of the Elderlings, and the End Times/Age of Sigmar setting is more comparable to Numenera (in tone), World of Warcraft (in style) or Planescape (in scope).

What would you suggest I do to nerf the axe?

Just speculation from my side but I figure that different races serve different purposes as skaven-slaves. Using ogres as meat shields in warfare would probably only result in the ogre-slave trampling the skaven line to get to freedom. A much more efficient way to use him would be to use him to move heavy objects and as a waste disposal for dead slaves or slaves to weak to work the expansion of the mine-shafts. Humans, skaven and dwarfs would probably make for excellent mine-shaft workers while elves could be used for more delicate activities where finesse holds sway over brute force or numbers.

can the age of shitfags please return to their thread?
And they can take their shitty space dwarfs with them or shill them in the 40k threads instead. It is not WHFB, no more than the Sigmarines.

They're the same settings just literally at different times

Food, long lived(ish) workers, for their knowledge, etc.

You have to be literally retard not to

1) read about it in the lore
2) used your imagination

In any case get out of my thread.

so good it needed posting twice.

ya'll niggas sleepin

My only problems with the idea is that Dwarves would be too stubborn to work for Skaven, even at threat of death, and Elves would be way too arrogant.

Also, I suppose slave treatment differs from clan to clan. Pestilens would be poxful, lethal throngs, infected with disease. Moulder could be even worse, with shit like lobotomies, and being used in horrible experiments as spare parts. Not sure about Skyre, but I think Eshin might be the most lenient of the clans, considering they focus mostly on Assassinations, although they probably have the least amount of Slaves overall. I could see them having them in a role as contacts, assitants, geisha's, etc.

My bad for trying to discuss the lore and get some ideas for a game, I'll let you get back to REEEEing about age of skubmar.