Fantasy vehicles?

Fantasy vehicles?

Fantasy rednecks are things I wish I saw more of.

Also I literally just realised I should have checked the thread first, sorry for the repost.

I know that artist, but man those things look freaky. They look so natural yet fantastical crawling through the sands.

got a source on that? that looks amazing. I mean not just the vehicle but even the charactert.

In the setting I'm designing I've tried playing with the idea that horses and similar beasts of burden don't exist or only live in specific biomes, but magic and elemental manipulation is commonplace enough to substitute for it to a degree.

The first basic idea I had is cart drawn by a single large enchanted boulder that can be manipulated by the various runes on the harness that attaches to it.

so would the boulder be on an axle?

I mean it doesn't sound like a bad idea overall. Just feels like a little more elaboration could be done.

Do mages try to recreate some animals? does this lead to early cars and motorcycles?

In concept the cart's harness would be something like a half-sphere made of criss-crossing metalwork, with movement command runes inscribed on the inside looping back to the driver's position.

>Do mages try to recreate some animals?

No, due to a mix of the fact that that's generally considered the affairs of the gods, and also because not much work has been done in the realm of animating elements beyond utilitarian needs. Except in one very specific circumstance.

>does this lead to early cars and motorcycles?

I have done a little fiddling about with how the future plays out and yes, this is the very earliest groundwork that would eventually lead to more advanced vehicles akin to cars and motorcycles, all powered by magic.

On that note one of the amusing little winks is that Lightning is by and large considered to be the element with the least potential beyond offensive uses. There's only a single little magescientist working on the concept of of combining it with particularly crafted metalwork, which would eventually lead to the creation of lightbulbs and finally full-blown electricity.

Perfect vehicle for the martian plains when you are too poor to afford a driftwood boat

Anyone have more info on this?

angry