Make /swg/ great again

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Since the herald of Trioculus, Chumblalaya, has won the Coruscant Invitational, Our Dark Lord Trioculus will be able to grace us with his presence in X-wing.

What should his rules be?

I like

Crew-
Once per round, when a friendly ship at range 1-3 is attacking or defending, you may cancel all of your dice results, and add 3 [focus] results.

That's crazy strong though. I think making it a one-time effect with no range requirement makes better sense.

>le reddit got Andi to ask Hayden how he feels about sand over countless better memes
It should have been "did you ever hear the TRAGEDY..."

I just want a three-eye pun.
Maybe at 9 points and 2 crew?

I think Imps would be better served by a good, affordable utility crew card. 3 points, you flip it to cancel a friendly ship's dice results and add 3 focus results.

>Trioculus
>Imperial Only
>During setup, before the "Place Forces" step, select 1 enemy ship and assign the 'Dark Greetings' Condition card to it.
>When attacking or defending against a ship which has the 'Dark Greetings' Condition Card, add one [Focus] result to your roll
>Crew, 1 pt

Combine with General Hux or some other imperial crew options, and you're almost to a...Mofference

I am increasingly feeling like the Scout-Trooper-Helmet partisan may be a traumatized Ezra.

I can't tell if the Wren clan mandos are just hoping their off-white/timberwolf color plating will help them in a desert or they still haven't gotten their groove back.

Raider corvette in the SW battlefront 2 trailer

Not that I'd play the game, kind of interesting to see the X-Wing mini's ships making it into other media

Who else would it be? He's always been the orange one. That's even the same slight v in the collar.

thank fucking christ ezra has somrthing to hide his hideous face

There's something about those skintight, lightly armored mandopants that tells me someone is going to get Ernest Hemingway'd.

cucked by an Italian officer?

> Ernest Hemingway'd.

Extremely drunk by 10am?

I was going to say leg shrapnel, but sure, let's go with those.

>leg shrapnel

Leg shrapnel!?! Of all the things Hemingway evokes, you went with leg shrapnel?

No, I mean the green helmeted Partisan who hasn't gotten any entries even in the UVG.

To be fair, the light leg armor evoked "Leg Shrapnel" evoked Hemmingway, in that order.

Can someone get me some screenshots of the guy? I don't have a copy of Rogue One (Nor do I even have a Bluray drive on this machine.)

I just got you a screeny, though it looks more black than green to me.

Oh, way ahead of you. Hah.

Ah, so it does.

The more the better though, that guy looked great.

Also, while looking it up I found this badass thing.

That's awesome.

Completely new to RPGS on tabletop, but have a group interested in having me DM a starwars game.

I understand the edge of empire is themed after bounty hunters but does that mean there are no force sensitives/jedi/sith? Why would someone buy this over the other two swg?

It's just confusing because with dnd you just buy the rules and can make up whatever story you want, but people seem to say that you're stuck either being all jedi, smugglers, or rebels in the tabletop games

My Shitposty take on Trioculus.

You can mix them. Its just that Edge of the Empire is for all the lowlifes and working stiffs. You can also have a rebel player with them, possibly a recruiter or someone who's running with guys who are happy to forgo paying him in return for letting him ride with them and get intel on the Empire.

You as the DM will just have to keep in mind there are different systems going on. The rebel player will be working on his duty while your smugglers and criminals will be dealing with their obligation. That's the only difference aside from classes in the systems.

Toight pants, toight groupings

reposting my custom raith card because I thought it was funny

For Edge of Empire is there a decent fillable character sheet out there?

The one I use gets corrupted after a few file saves and I can't edit after.

The character creator can output happily to pdfs so that might be worth looking into.

It's pretty nice

ezra ending up as a total fucking drunk instead of Dark Side or dead would be hilarious and I'm all for it

I'll give that one a look then, thanks.

If you check up in the OP, theres a pastebin with a link to instructions on how to fill the data sets of the creator so it doesnt just say 'for full details of ___ check page ___' and instead has the actual text of every talent, weapon, etc.

Very handy for keeping track.

Holy shit, that really happened.

I woke up this morning and for a second I thought I had dreamed it.

Oh my fug, is there vids of the matches?

What about an upgrade that that makes ALL dice rolled at range 1-2 come up as focus results?

Who would win in a fight, Katarn's beard, or Pellaeon's mustache?

>not combining them into the Ultimate facial hairstyle

Katarn's beard wins in a straight up duel thanks to Force hax and the beard's arsenal of razors. The mustache was never meant to fight as peasants do. Its power lies in its ability to command fleets.

Make is so, jew mouse

I was thinking spiraling drunken depression ending in a dose of shotgun mouthwash

>Moffship
>Moffrence Title
>Replace all slots other than mods with crew slots

Shotgun mouthwash. Mmmm

Mofference should be a Team upgrade for Huge ships.

So, if I were to include a repaired Eye of Palpatine as a super ship in one of my campaigns, what already statted FFG ship should I base it on? It seems like it would be approximately SSD level, not quite Executor firepower other than maybe some very heavy foward only firepower and more armor in the form of ablative asteroid rock.

Congrats again!

Did drafting the Striker prove to be useful in the long run? I would have drafted the /SF or the TAP first.

Has anyone from FFG reached out about making a card yet?

I know FFG has some Veeky Forums people working for them (Whizzard in netrunner, 40k memes in their 40k books, etc) so it's likely that the issues that may arise will stem from the mouse.

>Did drafting the Striker prove to be useful in the long run?
Given it was the first ship to go down in the final game, I'm gonna say that it wasn't really important what he drafted.

Do blasters have near-c muzzle velocity?

no, blaster bolts move much slower than even bullets, about 130 mph based on the films.
There's a big variation depending on the blaster though. Ship blaster bolts move significantly faster and the Deathstar's beam is faster than the speed of light.

Blaster bolts aren't lasers. They're jets of energized plasma, and move much slower than light.

/swg/,

How do I convince a friend to watch Rogue One when he's still burned over TFA? Seriously, he lost all faith in mee Star Wars media after TFA and refuses to watch R1 thusfar because he's worried it'd burn him like TFA did.

I'm trying to convince him he's got nothing to fear in Rogue One as far as TFA shenanigans are concerned, but he's still not willing to see it. He also blames me because I said TFA was worth looking into.

Help?

R1 is worse than TFA. If he hated TFA that much, don't put him through it.

Does he like generic war movies? If yes then he will like it

EAfront gave them about 600m/s muzzle velocity on average.

That's way faster than they were in the OT, like 10x faster.

Tell him it's a totally different kind of film? Seriously it's a war film not an adventure film it nothing like TRA. Which was totally fine and an odd thing to be someone's break point even if you didn't like it.

Tell him it's like like ANH or let him see the Vader scene at the end. I was like your friend (fucking hated TFA) and that really convinced me to give it a chance.

And now I regret not seeing it in theaters.

Good
B8

>Good
slower bolts were more interesting onscreen
>B8
R1 sucked donkey dick

No that doesn't make any sense. R1 was fine and a much better movie than tfa

>Tell him it's like like ANH
Why would he want to watch ANH for a third time then?

Nope. R1 was fucking incredible.

You have become a true hero. Welcome to Olympus, my son.

Striker was money in my round robin game. With evade and frame I tanked TLTs without losing offensive power and it's janky movement let me hold miranda up for a while as Rex was finishing off the HWK.

In the final it died without shooting, but did its job anyway. I hung it out as bait so Rex and QD could jump on the rebel scum. And if he doesn't go for the striker, that little shit can flank like a champ.

>R1 sucked donkey dick
Why is this your wrong opinion?

Trioculus
Crew. Empire only.

When attacking or defending, you may spend a focus token to assign the opposing ship a stress token.

2 points

It's a generic war movie (one of the most boring modern genres) with a cheap star wars reskin. The opening crawl to ANH did a better job handling the capture of the Deathstar plans than R1 did. It added little to the Star Wars setting except for a cast of lame characters that we're glad to see die at the end.

Man you really do have bad opinions, huh

That's not bad, but I feel like something similar already exists (spend a focus to assign a stress), though I can't put my finger on it.

Is it real already or is this just a proposed card effect idea?

What if it's that you bank focus tokens on him, and when he gets 3, he stresses the opponent's fleet?

You wanna validate your claim somehow or just keep going with le wrong opinion?

Proposed, at least I think

Have you talked to anyone from FFG about the card design yet?

Uh, added some alternate sides to the rebellion. Some decent imperial tech, a few good bits of rebel tech and organisation stuff.

Why is Darth Vader card so boring? He can't use any force power special abilities even though that is the main reason why he is such a beast pilot.

R1's greats feature was how it enhanced the films that follow 'after', it elevates the rest of the franchise.

The force is subtle, even the Dark Side can be a subtle thing. Who says his ability doesn't draw on it somehow?

I'm just kicking around ideas.

Gotta go for three focus, or three uses per game. Or range 3.

What the fuck do you want? A noise to play when you field him?

It's elegant in its simplicity. If you want him to be top-tier meta viable, add a clause that makes defender roll and modify first.

It didn't though. It didn't add anything to ANH's story, and it stepped on the feet of the prequels' Deathstar plot.

Yeah but Vader can do much more than that. He has shown the ability to redirect missles and torpedoes fired at him back to their source among other things. He can force choke people from kilometers away. Just seems like a waste for the greatest pilot in the galaxy.

>greatest pilot in the galaxy
>Vader

It shows how ruthless Tarkin is how scary the death star is and why such a critical flaw was in such an important weapon. And no it does not shit on the prequels death star plot. Poggle came up with the idea and the Empire brought it to fruition.

He doesn't force choke in fighter combat, and seems to need a screen up to visualize anyway.

It's fine the way it is. It's like how conditions aren't that well recieved, as that's a lot of added complexity for not much depth.

He turns around a missile? That was the extra focus and evade tokens, etc.

The game should be kept simple, but deep, lest we turn into 40k.

>It shows how ruthless Tarkin is
It turned Tarkin from a nationalist guy who'd do anything for the Empire into a guy who'd step on the throats of his peers for a promotion. That's a shitty direction to take such a good character.

Fuck off wedgefag how in the fuck does he compare to someone who could just crush his fighter with the force or redirect his torpedoes back at him?

Someone never heard the Radio plays: "The Emperor is far from here."

>how in the fuck does he compare to my headcanon?

>Fear will keep the local systems in line
>blows up a planet of billions of people
>dindu nothin!!!!!

Let's not have this argument yet again.

>crush his fighter with the force
>redirect torpedoes
I haven't kept up with nucanon in a while. Did Vader ever actually pull this stuff off?

He actually did choke somebody on another shuttle in Lords of the Sith, they passed so close to each other that they could see inside the other shuttles cockpits. He saw the pilot and immediately started choking her.

I find it funny that I think earlier this week, possibly in response to the leaked promo - I was joking about Imperial Wraith squadron, and lo and behold Inferno Squad basically has that role, and is riding a raider.

It's almost like cut scenes from ANH that defined his character as exactly that were kept in mind by writers in newer stuff
Your headcanon husbando was never a thing

>greatest pilot in the galaxy
>Vader

You've made a shitton of mistakes typing "Soontir Fel"

>ITT: casuals must not of read the Vader comics

A raider with a hangar retrofit. I only hope Golden has them replace some escape Pods with TIE fighters.