Veeky Forums movies thread?

Veeky Forums movies thread?

Just watched The Void.
I am scared shitless
I liked how the plot came together. Especially how they didn't overexplain. Just enough terrifying imagery to keep you going.

Definitely gonna be able to accurately describe the void of darkness now, when needed, in my games.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/dl/tg/image/1478/64/1478645009161.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dude we just watched that movie a little while ago, too. Was I at your house?

The website expire. Can anyone tell me where I can watch this movie?

wow do you go to the Gateway often?

>mfw my last Call of Cthulhu adventure also used the disappearing basement of horrors routine

the effects were great

I saw it on Youtube a few days ago. 123Movies?

After so many Delta Green campaigns this movie felt like a Thursday.

>I am scared shitless
>I liked how the plot came together. Especially how they didn't overexplain. Just enough terrifying imagery to keep you going.
never post here again

The Void was bretty gud.
Got a good In the Mouth of Madness feel to it, if it was a bit rushed.
Nother descent Lovecraftian movie.

fuck off with your pretentiousness

it really was just a pretty-looking From Beyond/Hellraiser 2 mashup with zero original ideas, bad pacing, and boring characters

AM1200 is my current favorite in the vaguely-lovecraftian-short-film genre.

It's the source of That One Gif that used to circulate Veeky Forums a few years back.

Good taste

...torrents.

Movies I've recently watched that I think Veeky Forums will appreciate:

City of Ember
Krampus
Kagemusha
Enemy Mine
Machete Kills
Master of the World
Minority Report
Moon

Nightcrawler is Neutral Evil: The Movie.
Additional appeal because the protagonist is hella autistic.

Which gif would that be?

aw yiss, time to binge

You can rent it from Amazon. It's good. The filmmakers deserve a little bit of your money.

It's the best HP Lovecraft movie since From Beyond (even though it's not technically an HP Lovecraft movie, it's totally inspired by him).

>That One Gif

That's not a very good recommendation, as From Beyond was fucking schlock.

The one with the eyeball then the teeth.

The Delta Green scenario loosely based on AM 1200.

archive.4plebs.org/dl/tg/image/1478/64/1478645009161.pdf

Still not grasping
Wanna post it or a link to?

The Void was a bad fucking movie.

It hadn't a single original notion in its head. It was a heavily watered down horror fanboy mishmash of better movies. It presented none of its ideas in any kind of interesting or unique angle, it's another item on the long list of crowdfunded failures.

Oh, and it wasn't Lovecraftian in any way, shape or form. If dude tentacles lmao and dude cults lmao constitute what is Lovecraftian to you, please reconsider your understanding of the term and genre. This movie presented no underlying themes of human insignificance, human limitation and ability, BARELY any hints of degeneration and loss of humanity, no inherent evil in old things or staunch materialism in its story or characters to juxtapose the concept of limited human understanding and perception. Its characters were cardboard cutouts. The main actor was in a better movie called The Conspiracy, go watch that instead. The insistence of the use muh tentacles on every single iteration of the poster just goes to show how much of a fucking meme it really, truly has become, and this mess of a movie just perpetuates that bastardized shorthand even more.

It was a featureless collection of surface-level horror tropes. This could have been half a dozen other movies for all the lasting power it has. It's the movie you always passed over in your local rental chain seven years ago, maybe that was the goal, to be forgettable? Practical effects - especially ones so stiff and unbelievable as we see, with such uninspired designs - do not give any movie an automatic merit. There is no benefit to purposely regress in an artform other than for the sake of industry snob brownie points and nostalgia pandering.

I really don't like this fucking movie. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it, the director doesn't deserve a cent for this lukewarm nothing thing, for attempt would imply someone onboard had an ounce of artistic flair that went in.