Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Orks still a melee race, Edition.

prev
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

ORKS AND NIDS ARE FUCKING SHIT

BULLY THESE FUCKERS
BULLY THEM HARD

First for da Orkz!

>I2

Help, I'm thinking about starting an SM army, but i don't know if Black Templars or Dark Angels.

I'm not that interested in competitive, I just want to make them a bit fluffy and play games in the store

Honestly it's what I was hoping would happen.

What do you like about each one?

Now put that fucking nob

into the naut

Anons, what is your stance on conversion/proxies that are out-of-scale with the actual model they're emulating ?

I'm working on a fun keeper of secrets conversion, but i'm realising that it's gonna be way bigger than the real model. Would you be okay playing against that, or should i just use it as that one named Keeper ?

Bigger is ok, huge is an issue.

How much bigger are we talking here like Knight Titan sized? or still fits on a base roughly the same size?

How much bigger are we talking? I mean, it might be balanced out by it not getting cover from being fuckhueg.
But otherwise, if it looks cool, why not? But you might have problems playing in a GW store, always ask first.

If it's bigger by more than 5mm then I'd ask you to forfeit the game. We could still play on for funsies, but whatever happened you'd count as having lost it.

Fluffwise and aesthetically (because it's about what I care making this decision)

Dark Angels: The most secretive chapter, they are tainted loyalists, they are a legion but not really, theyr middle-ages theme, theyr interrogator-chaplains, the hoodies, the plasma/excentric weaponry, I really like theyr main dark green colour, and something else I might have forgotten.

Black Templars: Kind of loyal world eaters but not quite, frenzy zealots in the name of the emprah, they do almost wathever the fuck they want, also strong middle-ages theme, also incredibly badass chaplains, crusaders gonna crusade, and as before I might have forgotten something.

There's luckily only one GW store in my entire country, far from where i live, so that part won't be a problem.
For the size, the bottom of the model is based off the arachnarok model, so way bigger.

I can see from the general response that i probably won't get many games with this model.
Darn.

I was going to use that for my Dark Archmagos Biologis' Abeyant, with the back being converted into a command platformy thing. Wish it wasn't quite so hueg.

Personally I'd be totally fine with it, since models being BIGGER is rarely an advantage. Otherwise, may work well as that Uber-Keeper in the FW books if it was tallish.

>Didn't win by VP
>Didn't win by KP
>Not even a moral victory of going against scatbikes/riptide wings
>"Good game, but I won because you did some funny modelling in a modelling hobby."
How does that even work?

Autism, that's how.

It's fucking irony.

...Wait... did I just get double baited?

For heros and warlords that kind of mod is RARELY frowned on. Go for it dude(tte).

Well I used this as my avatar of of Khaine.

Well over twice as tall.

Isn't the Shadow War an old thing brought back? It's been a while since I stayed uptodate on 40k.

Dark angels are probably easier to collect since Black Templars require an upgrade kit.

With a good painting can actually look well

So long as you put a lot of effort into making the proxy sure. That means no cardboard bullshit, no plain alternative models and you need to show some skills.

For instance if you make a proxy I need to see 2 or more of these things good painting with 3 or more colors, detailed plastic card work, greenstuff, alterations to GW parts, alternative model parts, creativity in basing, clear idea or theme, magnets, etc.

Show effort and I will let you play with whatever you make.

Yeah, sold the army in the meantime, of course noon want to buy a Avatar, much less a custom one at twice the price.

So now he stands vigil on the shelf of solitude along my howling banshees.

Oh hell that sounds cool. totally play against it. Not like the stat line changes and you obviously aren't modeling for some kind of advantage. Bring it on.

Why thank you. I guess he has the statline for it, T6 W4 IWND 2+/3++ S8 AP2 Armourbane monster with 3 AP2 shots and a flamer, plus he gives every vehicle I have IWND and throws out 4 moving Interceptor bubbles for my artillery.

Not bad, even if he is a 355pt no EW Warlord. I just can't resist giving him all the toys ever.

Planning to have his tentacle-body magnetize into either the spider for Abeyant or a Cawl body if someone objects to the size of the former or I want to use him as my Cawl.
Ordinarily him on Abeyant comes to about a Knight's waist, so it should be good for height.

Hiya anons

Just looking to get back into the hobby now I've finally got some disposable income and an understanding fiancée

All I wanted to ask Is what are the more active 40k forums out there? I remember dakkadakka and BoLS from way back, are they still the places to go? Specifically looking for WIP threads, conversion threads, army progression threads for inspiration

Cheers

Daemon Primarch Perturabo:
>WS7 BS10 S9 T7 W9 I5 A5 Ld10 Sv2+
>MC
>Standard Primarch rules
>Slow and Purposeful
>Can take a titan weapon along with forgebreaker
>FnP
>All vehicles, Obliterators and Mutilators have +2 strength and AP within 24" of him
>800pts

Not experienced at statblocking but wanted to give it a go. How does it look? Any other ideas?

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that

Thanks!

>How does it look?

How do you use transfer sheets? Like those fake tattoos as a kid, stick it on, dot it with water and it transfers or something else?

Tfw even with paint guides i still fuck up

th-thanks...

Cut out the appropriate part, soak in lukewarm water, the upper layer can be moved onto a surface to which it adheres when dry.

If you mix vinegar in the soaking water it conforms better to the surface.

i sometimes see people have big black sticks instead of the huge plastic flyer bases

where do they get these? what are they called

What's the problem?

Only issue s i see are the missing paint on leg studs and the eyes offering no appreciable contrast.

Cawl and a war convo? Play this guy and see how it goes, but you may well be bringing that stormsurge next time. A fucking rending riptide wing does like 1.5 unsaved wounds against Cawl a turn, and he regenerates d3 per turn.

30k > Age of Sigmar > pile of shit > 40k >>>>>>>>>> Fantasy

Is this a new spin on the "if you can't kill it in one turn who bother?" Tau meme?

>on a scale from most shit to least shit

I put some water on the pallet and place the transfer in it.

Coat the area you're going to place the transfer in some 'ard coat. Let that dry.

Using a small brush, place the transfer onto said area. Use a knife of some sort to cut part of the transfer it doesn't lie flat.

After the transfer has dried onto the surface, coat it in 'ard coat again, this will seal the transfer in.

Once that has dried, coat it in Lahmian Medium.

And that'll dull the shine that 'ard coat leaves, and protect the transfer from chipping.

>>>>most shit to least shit
>what the imperial guard player believes after his fantasy counterpart gets cucked by fantasy space marines

Can't face facts?

i can't belive they axed fantasy. that game was such a huge part of my childhood...

if i ever get rich im buying gw and personally firing anyone involved in that decision

Cheers buddy.

yours aren't facts

this is fact:

Play 5th edition with me fucker
SEE WHAT HAPPENS

All the table top lore makes sense when you remember, the imperial guard is the baseline with top of the line equipment.

No, it's "the most busted Tau formation statistically cannot kill this HQ at all."

and yet he gets 3 (you)s in the space of a minute

why bring your A-Game if your F-Game will do?

Just looking for some feedback on my Herald of Ruin 250pt Space Marine Kill Team list.

Chapter Tactics is Carcharadon Astra

Leader
- Company Champion
- Power Sword
- Storm Shield
- Oath of the Tireless Crusader (Crusader Special Rule)
- Bionics (FnP 6+)

Special
- 3 Sternguard Veterans

Core
- 6 Tactical Marines (w/ extra CCW)
- 1 Tactical Marine (Plasma Gun + extra CCW)

Total = 246

For some reason the drakenhough nightshade leaves deep dull fog effects on this ghost tint paint. Also the leg studs are suppoed to he unpainted if were going by world eater examples. Also the eyes HAVE been fucking with me, white sucks

How do people in this thread feel about Shadow Wars?

Are ye all still stuck to Heralds of Ruin/Normal Kill Team?

>this is fact

Think you mean "fake news."

Well it looks like you just painted the wash over the armour, you're supposed to do a pinwash over shiny shit.

Also green won't contrast blue properly, go red or yellow for eyes.

HHG back again, damn that thread is patchy.

Wait i've got one for this situation too.

Well, obviously such a model won't be tournament legal.

If you're just playing for fun then it shouldn't matter.

>still no new abaddon model
Its been almost 20 years

You'd think after all the arm memes he'd have gotten one by now.

See this is where i have a problem, everytime I pinwash it contrasts so hard it looks goofy

Most who care post about it in the separate thread at it has 98% less shitposting.

So what do you guys think of this list for a relatively casual game?

It is a harsh difference yeah, can't really give you any hints though, maybe ask in WIP.

Fun little game especially if you like narrative stuff.

You have more grav guns than units.

Also, can Tacmarines double down on special weapons?
Though it was 1 Special and 1 Heavy.

I love the idea, sadly all factions suffer from literally being "whatever we have in plastic".

Oh yeah youre right :D gonna fix that

So, are there any useful formations for Dreadnoughts, without being bound to specific chapters? Currently building one, and it's quite fun. But I want to field him too someday and be actually useful.

Seeing new bloodthirster and lord of change are way bigger than old junky model, you can safely assume new KoS will be bigger too. As long as your conversion is not bigger than lord of change, you should have little problems.

Yeah I hope they expand the options a little bit in time. That or I guess we can try and make our own rules...

For starters Eldar need Rangers, Nids need gaunts. (and orks need Burnas)

Those are probably the bigges issues i see.
Mutation skills for CSM and subgroups for the second wave factions.

Is the kid on the chair Bizarro?

Initiative no longer relevant. Like your post.

chaos space marines can field some (you have to proxy it as a helbrute) but the funny one is where a buch of cultists worship the dread giving the dread a 3+Look out sir, because a cultist throws himself into the line of fire.

Cunt detected

Soon, hopefully, fellow Black Legionnaire.

>because a cultist throws himself into the line of fire.

I always imagined it at him climing onto the dread like some demented warboy or being picked up by the dread and used as shield/projectile weapon

Tourneyfags killing the game that's how

>Dread sees some heavy weaponry aiming at him
>"I'm gonna need me a shield"
>grabs cultist
>hilarity ensues

But user, I don't want to play Chaos. Marine killers, yes, but not the Chaos ones.

>spess furries

>exactly 3 fish on the hook
THE PROPHECY

i've never heard a more waacfag line before in my life.

>still getting butthurt at Ork memes
>in the current year
We've got some time before 8th drops, initiative still matters at this present time.

>"Make way, I have Lamenters to kill"

>inb4 t-teamkillers!!!1!!!1!!!!!1!111!!!!

Its basically an update version of Necromunda.

Grognards BTFO

Could always use a demi-company

Tyberos the Red Wake vs Asterion Moloch is one fight I really want to see in fluff.

I can see this not ending well for Tyberos.
Aren't the Carcharodons known to have not the best armory, more scavenged bits and pieces because nobody really wants to get close to them? Not that Tyberos isn't a beast in combat, but their gear would probably make all the difference
Meanwhile, the Minotaurs are exceptionally well armed, and Moloc is no exception to that. Also, probably a bit more level-headed in a fight.

There's also this Mathhammer on 1d4, take it with a grain of salt, but according to this, Tyberos puts up one hell of a fight, but ultimately loses
Asterion Moloc VS Tyberos The Red Wake

Tyberos attacks 5 times, hitting 2.917 times, wounding 2.836 times, causing 0.945 wounds after saves.
Asterion Moloc attacks 4 times, hits 2.333 times, wounds 2.268 times, causing 1.512 wounds after saves.
Asterion Moloc wins.
A combat monster, Tyberos can certainly dish out the hurt, he just can't take it as he's stuck with only a 5+ invuln.

Do you have any pregame rituals, /40kg/? I do, it's a bit autistic but for the past 3 years, directly before I play, I chug one of these shitty euroshopper energy drinks. It started because 3 years ago I was visiting my friend while he was at Uni and we went to the lgs, i'd picked one of these up on the way there because it was hot and I was thirsty, got to the store and it wouldn't let anyone bring food or drink inside. Being indisposed, I drank it quickly, went inside then thrashed his IG with my Iron warriors handily and picked up all three objectives. I tried it again next week and won again, though not as explicitly as the first time, and though it hasn't happened since, that game still sticks with me, so I keep doing it. How about you?

>35p energy drinks

I feel like this will give you kidney stones the instant it touches your lips.

Of course, user.

You haven't won in 3 years? Jesus christ

I need my slippers to play properly, I can borrow dice and memorise rulebooks but I'll be damned If i can win a game in socks or shoes.