Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Rolled 20 (1d26)

Thallax OP plz nerf edition
Varied Knight support subedition

A new player got advice through all of Mars' cabling, the Coronus is as way oversized as the Triaros, Mechanicum Fortified Their Position against the Emperor's Guard and Apothecaries cannot into artillery. Custodes look boring even with 17 player leagues, Decima tries to steal Land's Raider, but gets driven off by subatomic machine guns. Thunder Warriors are too numerous even with XCom mindshields, but don't fit in SM armour. All this and more in the last thread >READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>THREAD SPAMMING SHIT BAIT
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

So are the Superheavy Tanks still lackluster next to Knights in this, or are some of the ones less common in 40k as good? Stuff like Malcadors, Fellblades, Typhon. Anything there worth not just taking the stompy robots instead?

>Shit Eaters

How can WEfags ever recover?

Knights still generally under cost, most older generation super heavy vehicles over cost.
Typhon is still really good for the dosh.

By not giving way easily.
Chaos has always been the most prominent punchbag faction, only propped up by numerous asspulls. What's this little insult in a sea of humiliation?

Warders are black, what other Custard variant schemes would be fluff-friendly?

Same trend, then. I heard that the Solar dudes had some kind of giant awesome flamer tank. Is it basically an Acheron on wheels? Because I always liked tanks more than walkers, and the Acheron is best Knight IMO.

>custard

Even if not on purpose, well done.

So I do I need secutarii to be good?

>i have 40 adsecularis, 20 converted with heavy chainsaws

>Chaos has always been the most prominent punchbag faction
I would argue that the Orks and SoBs are big contenders for that.
>only propped up by numerous asspulls. What's this little insult in a sea of humiliation
Good point.

One, pics of chainblade Adsec plz. Two, no, you don't need Secutarii, Fearless Adsec are just fine and are a lot better for tarpitting. Secutarii work better for sticking in Triaros and being more offensive, since they do good damage at range, but they're not Fearless so can't CC or defend for shit.
Droplites are a good suicide squad, but other than that they're on the "good but not amazing" shelf, and get better with an Axiarch and Titan.

Friendly reminder, Kor Phaeron is a biiitch.

3000 Point Blackshields Force
Wrought By War: Chymeriae, Type 2

HQ
Blackshield Reaver Lord 225
Halo Blade
Digital Lasers
Cyber Familiar
Rad Grenades
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo

Elites
Apothecarion Detachement 130
2x Apothecaries
2 power swords
2 Artificer Armor

Terminator Squad 335
Tartaros Armor
+5 Terminators
2 Chainfists
4 Power Fists

TROOPS
Blackshield Marauder Squad 326
+13 marauders
lascarbines
3 power swords
Lighting claw
Apothecary
Reaver Lord

Blackshield Marauder Squad 338
+14 marauders
Lascarbines
3 power swords
Lighting claw
Apothecary

Blackshield Marauder Squad 281
+5 Marauders
+8 Bolters
+2 Plasmaguns
Rhino Transport
+Havoc Launcher

Blackshield Marauder Squad 281
+5 Marauders
+8 Bolters
+2 Plasmaguns
Rhino Transport
+Havoc Launcher

Fast Attack
Storm Eagle Gunship 270
lascannons
Armored Ceramite

Storm Eagle Gunship 270
lascannons
Armored Ceramite

Storm Eagle Gunship 270
lascannons
Armored Ceramite

Heavy Support
Storm Eagle 240
Armored Ceramite
Hellstrike Missiles

Is this a decent list? Is four aircraft floating around too cheesy? Fluffwise I was picturing these as loyalist Emperors Children who decided that their legion wasn't nearly loyal enough, but the Custodes were clearly loyal as shit, so they would try to emulate the Custodes. Thus the large amount of fliers, to copy the floating, and the BS/WS boost. The Leadership penalty I took as something of an excessive watchfulness for any signs of disloyalty, to the extent of intepreting casualties as a sign of the Emperor's disfavor.

Tactics wise it's something of a blunt instrument, with the terminators/marauder blobs in storm eagles to punch the opponent square in the face, while the smaller rhino squads hold objectives. I figured once they'd dumped off their troops the storm eagles would be my AA/Anti armor option, and the fire raptor is there to be extra anti-horde.

Do we have any memet my son 30k edits?

>Four storm eagles
How?

The heavy support should be a fire raptor. That's a typo.

>Fire raptor
Figured, but still good
I'm assuming the 15man marauder squads and terms are in the storm eagle?
If you go any bigger, I would personally give your other two marauder squad some more ground support, but overall I like it

There's one describing the creation of Pharos.

Getting there.

I would have put the transfers closer to the ridges, this looks kinda wierd.

The threads always reach page 10 like at 2am or so. Why can't Aussie posters make new breads?

I remember that one. Can anyone here make a more /hhg/ flavored one?
>/hhg/, you are man now.
>will you pick one of these 16 legions, or will you pick Iron Warriors and Death Guard?
Something like that.

Well, I seem to be making the majority of the threads recently, and I'm a britfag, so that was 3PM for me. Day after tomorrow I go back to work, so they'll probably not be showing up again until 6ish if no-one else picks up any slack. That should have them popping up at more reasonable times.

can someone edit in a heart in the bottom right corner

He is?
He is not even a full astartes, yet he managed to carve the heart out of a primarch.
Not to mention that him and Erebus essentially orchestrated the whole Horuse Heresy.

Errrr which primarch exactly ?

Bobby.

>he managed to carve the heart out of a primarch
other way around, mate

That was the other way around I'm afraid. Roughbutt Girlyman tore Erebus' heart out of his chest with a powerfist.

With the new Thunderhawk coming I hope it gets a points drop. My list that has it is 3500 and that seems less likely to see action then my 2500 point list.

Kor Phaeron stabbed Guilliman in the primary heart with the magical chaos knife that turned Horus.
Unfortunately Bobby walked it off being the mary sue that he is, then tore out Kor Phaeron's heart.

No, Kor Phaeron was pricking Guilliman in the neck.

Looks like Alpharius got you good.

>I heard that the Solar dudes had some kind of giant awesome flamer tank
Pic related?

It's s a Heavy Support choice for the SA (so yes, they could have like 3 of the fuckers), but anyone can take them as a LoW, and they exist in 40k too

As far as I can remember, the only official schemes shown in inferno are gold, black, and purple of all things!

Yeah, that's the one. Anyone can take one? That's damn helpful, since I kind of want to do a Mechanicum force with lots of tanks rather than robots. Looks cool, too.

Is it any good? Malcador chassis tends to die a lot when the local Guard player brings his Defender, although my 40k Mechanicus basically ignore armour values at all times so that's probably not the best metric.

are you feeling adventurous?

you could do a Praetorian Guard themed squad. Purple-black armour with gold, and silver trim.

>Is it any good?

18'' Hellstorm template with Str 7 AP 3. But if that isn't enough it can take an upgrade that makes it poison 2+ AP 2.

Basically if a Malcador Infernus is on the field any and all infantry have to stay inside transport vehicles, otherwise they're gone. This thing can move 12'' and throw down an 16.5'' flamer template sidesways to erase an entire gunline.

Done my last test model, the lighting seems to have not picked out the red edge highlights very well. I think I'll go with fleshy pinky highlights instead.

Trips confirm they're regal Spec Ops.

Only official doesn't mean only fluff friendly!

I'm thinking, what kinds of altered colour schemes are still fitting to the faction?

Full on 'eavy metal tier painting my man.

That's ridiculously good. The markings on the faceplate are particularly good.

>Anyone can take one?
Yeah, the exact wording of it differs from army to army, but at a minimum you can use your LoW slot on one

The Admech can spend their slot on most imperial superheavies (occasionally qualifying as "indigenous war machines" and the works of random magi) I think, but don't quote me on that - and the Malcador is Heresy-era anyway

The Legions used to have a "take anything" rule (pictured, no longer correct, at least for the legions), but then they made a proper list

he got tp stuck in the back

Thanks!

noice

Holy hell, quite literally. That's far stronger than the fucking TITAN GUN, and half the price. That's an order of magnitude above any other tank I've seen, given the one that carries the Plasma Blastgun is a Baneblade-Type. And these guys get three of them?

Hey, nice. I always thought the 40k Admech didn't have enough variety.
Looking at that LoW uses bit in the Mech book I can take two of the damn things at once.

Compared to the Warhound I can get for a similar point cost, they even have an extra Hull Point (counting void shields) in exchange for slightly worse armour and the ability to position each separately, and Blessed Autosim on both is mathematically identical to the 5+ Void Shield regen. That'll make a hell of a centerpiece, although I don't swim in enough money or dickishness to take two.

>Purity seal on butt armour
>In religious legion with lots of chaplains aka warrior priests

And I thought Emperor's Children were the naughty ones :^)

Well you could fluff a detachment that works exclusively with the sisters and have them wear the same brass with purple robes scheme

There are also images out there of red vehicles with golden trim for the custodes, maybe have a mechanised force of bananas going fast

>And these guys get three of them?
Yes, but one is usually enough. Specially in combination with the SA HQ choice that allows you to pick warlord trait, and taking the SA trait that gives your entire army INCLUDING FUCKING SUPERHEAVIES Shrouded in the first game turn, just to make sure it is impossible to kill before firing.

SLAP THAT RED HOT PURITY SEAL ONTO MY BUTTOCKS BRUVA!

It's a shame this emblem doesn't come out well, or at all consistent enough for mass-printing. I guess I'll stick with either transfers (ugh) or use my Forgeworld pads. Plus I'll commission some custom transfers for my Cyclopean Hand chapter.

Your blasphemy is tolerated this time, heretics...

Got a good laugh out of me.

those transfers look weird, the eagle is cut in half so you can nest it up against that edge

For the armour you'd have Golden, Silver (or Platinum) and Black
For accesories like capes the colours that make sense are all kinds of purple, blue, red, white, even green.

I feel like Alpharius needs to be in here somewhere.

>gold... and purple of all things!
Looks like the Custodians felt threatened by the real sons of the Emperor.

You always want more alpharius in meme images. If it were up to you, the thread would be nothing but alpharius memes.

>Your blasphemy is tolerated this time, heretics...

Hey there's nothing wrong with a little "Bend over and recieve my blessing !" from time to time ;^)

Transfers look like shit m8

SATURNINE TERMINATORS WHEN
CUSTODES HEAVY DREAD WHEN
CUSTODES TERMINATORS WHEN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

After Alpharius and Dorn get models.

>But they're never gonna get models
>Screams in superior super soldier

Man, at this rate we're going to have to take the Most Productive trophy off the death guard players (who themselves took it off the night lords players) and give it to the custodes players. They're really churning the golden bananas out.

I wonder who'll get the Most Productive trophy after Angelus comes out. Maybe daemons, as you can be really lazy painting them if you want, just basecoat and wash. Maybe a drybrush as well if you're feeling a bit hoity toity.

Those two are probably never going to get models by now. By now even FW realizes that the majority of IF and AL players have lovingly crafted their own version out of disappointment, so there's not enough money to get there. Maybe we'll get another three walking robot versions as compensation.

It's hard to care about a primarch with a bolter and chainsword and a dead primarch.

By my predictions it would probably be one of the Angel legions. The Chaos players can use the daemons they have already made for this.

You say that as if its a bad thing

My bet would be on Dark Angels. Easy to paint, to probably going to see a lot of people churn out units.

It's just a matter of black undercoat, painting metal bits and applying transfers after all.

>Easy to paint
Nah, if you don't edge highlight it properly pure black looks shit. I actually think it's harder than yellow or white to make look good.

If I had money and a place to play I would try my hand at pumping out six gorillion DAs.

Phaeron and Lorgar sat one night The skies were clear, the stars were bright The wind was soft, the moon was up. Phaeron drained his coco cup. He licked his lips he felt sublime. He switched off Emperors's Question Time. Lorgar cringed in fear and dread as Phaeron clasped his hand and said: Let's Chaos, let's Chaos, Chaos while the Warp is right. I'm feeling, heretical, I've really got an appetite. I'm on fire with desire. I could mindfuck half the Astropaths in the Telepathca. Let's Chaos, let's Chaos tonight. But then Lorgar said: I can't do it, I can't do it, I believe to strong in Daddy Emps. This passion to de-faction turns us into spiky plebs. No derision, My decision, I'd rather watch the building of my daddy's vision. I can't Chaos, I can't Chaos tonight.

How did you highlight the black?

>image
Actually, I can't think of a single occasion that the alpha legion pretended to be night lords. They've got SOME standards, don'tyaknow.

I didn't say it would look good, just that it's easy to paint at a basic standard.

On the topic of edge highlighting black : I've started using a beige like bleached bone rather than grey or white for that. Takes a little practice with how much paint it needs on the brush (very little) but then it's more easy to apply than white or grey, and generally looks very decent.

FW said they were putting them out before angelos

I'll be pumping out some BA soon. Not going so fast right now, but I'll probably be speeding up the closer we get to Angelus.

A fellow BAfag?!

A rare commodity, I know. What company are you doing? Fifth for me.

Looks like Dark Reaper and Admin Grey.

Great kek and patrician taste user

Check 'em

Don't give up user

You just haven't figured it out yet.

>primarch with a bolter and chainsword
You mean best Primarch, until he was driven half mad by 15/18 Primarch betraying the Emperor.

>trying to unmask an alpha legionnaire
They just pile on the helmets.
Kek

I hope the model comes with his lighting claw instead of just two normal hands.

I wouldn't say Dorn is the best, but he's in the top 3 with the other loyalist primarchs at Terra.

I'll try to scrounge something up, snek.

He's vanilla at it's finest.

Good start, but the rhyming fucked up.

Let's Chaos, let's Chaos, Chaos while the Warp is right.
I'm ready to sell, a heretical
Faith - I've got an appetite.
I'm on fire
with desire.
I could mindfuck half the Astropaths in the Telepathica Choir.
Let's Chaos, let's Chaos tonight.

But then Lorgar said:
I can't do it, I can't do it, I believe too strong in Daddy Emps.
A rejection to defection
Stops us being spiky plebs.
No derision
My decision
I'd rather watch the building of my daddy's vision.
I can't Chaos, I can't Chaos tonight.

You do that, best of luck user.

You didn't plan your filenames very well in advance, did you user.

Just Alpha Legion misdirection I bet, don't pay too close attention to it.

Thanks, Snek.

Or did I?