/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

You Wouldn't Download A Car Edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>Pastebin containing community content
pastebin.com/z0ZNvYeA

Previous Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=t5yNgTvD1qo
ephrep.blogspot.com/2016/11/vids.html
ephrep.blogspot.com/2017/02/vids-2.html
youtu.be/ynI4M4sjaUo
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But would you print a multiped tank?

First for Jovian and proud!

Which books should I read to be able to DM a One Shot of Eclipse Phase next month?

>Which books should I read to be able to DM a One Shot of Eclipse Phase next month?
This one will be enough

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

>tfw you infiltrated exhuman organization only to discover all of them are secretly Jovian agents

youtube.com/watch?v=t5yNgTvD1qo

I mean in order to learn the system, I never played it or DM it before, I know very little about it.

Core and Transhuman is probably all you need to be familiar with rules and basic concepts. Transhuman is more geared toward players, but it helps if you know about the options and discussion as a GM. If you're writing your own oneshot, check out Firewall and X-Risks for good GM background intel.

>Jovians
>white

Which book would be a good published adventure to a newbie DM?

I wouldn't have any moral qualms about it, but the usefulness of such a tank is quite questionable, so probably not.

I believe people typically recommend Continuity and Glory from the official adventures, and out of the fanmade ones (which are in the OP) Think Before Asking and Dehumanize Yourself are pretty well regarded.

>eclipse phase
>published adventure

I have some awful news for you user

There's like 6. Not every game makes their bank by selling you a level 1-20 campaign every 6 months.

Soma has some big EP vibes. It touches several of the same themes, such as transhumans on the verge of extinction.

So they're sex-hating killer robots?

>not being an Exhuman death machine which supports Jovians ''ironically''

What one shot? one of the published ones or are you making one?

I oppose every word of that greentext except for 'being' and 'machine'.

>not being an Exhuman protestant intent on crashing the space vatican into the great red spot

>Exhuman protestant
A bit redundant

Are you saying surviving protestants are necessarily exhumans, or exhumans are by nature protestants?

i like how a machine designed to cull the population by being an unstoppable killing machine managed to kill all of 3 people and then die because someone forgot to waterproof it.

What sort of tv shows do you have in your campaigns?

>"My stars Alight" A Jovian soap opera featuring the struggles of an asteroid mining magnate and his family and rivals

>"Cogs and Things" A slice of life sit com feature a "family" of various synthmorphs

>"Martian Sports News" A main hub for various pay per view sports venus featured on Mars, everything from mech fights to Dune racing

>"I think, therfore i Bawwakk!" Follows the exploits of a Neo Avian Brinker who sells his services as a private detective

>"Queen of the Harem" An adult oriented show aimed at Neo-Hominids. A wealthy Neo Gorilla features various female Neo Gorillas and has them compete in various challenges mental, physcal, and sexual to see who will be a member of his harem.

ephrep.blogspot.com/2016/11/vids.html

ephrep.blogspot.com/2017/02/vids-2.html

lol, looks like we turned skynet into a DJ. Terminator dance club!

I'd print five.

>lol, looks like we turned skynet into a DJ. Terminator dance club!
This line fits Eclipse Phase PERFECTLY

youtu.be/ynI4M4sjaUo

That's because it was a prototype. The mass production models are waterproofed. They said so on the radio at the end of the film.

Who wouldn't?

She would probably come with preinstalled spyware and adware

And you aren't?

I don't know what you're talking about. I certainly didn't get infected with a venereal trojan that makes my come project ads and logs the sex lives of everyone I ejaculate in for resale on my last trip to Extropia, if that's what you're getting at.

>GC got you down? There are 5 walk in clinics in your area!!

FUUUUUUCCK

Russian.

How would you stat a morph, probably a pod, that is itself a set of armor for a smaller morph?

Pick your favorite exoskeleton, add a Cyberbrain.

Wasn't this actually a thing in like, Farcast or Seedware?

It's a thing in the core book, you can just add a cyberbrain to a vehicle.

There was a specific entry in... I want to say Seedware, though which was about the idea of converting exoskeletons to synthmorphs for cheap bodies...

Does the game actually say like, what aptitude maximums etc are like if you just glue a cyberbrain into a vehicle?

Anybody watching ID-0?

For what purpose is the turret off-center?

>She would probably come with preinstalled spyware and adware
What female isn't?

tank turrets are frequently off-center

IIRC they're 20 unless otherwise stated, but I can't remember where says that.

How the fuck do you find a group for this dead ass game

>eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

They lost their free subscription. This wiki is ded.

Well, that's a terrible shame.

Yeah. It was far more convenient to look things up in the wiki rather than browse through the books.

You offer to run it yourself.

>but I've never played!

Neither has anyone else. It's up to you.

I just got my friends interested and played with them.

But they are almost always at least close to the center of mass.

Not historically. These days it seems like everyone's doing it, but that's largely due to increases in turret size.

That looks more like a self-propelled mortar to me.

>tfw you hope the morph you have to bag is female because you forgot the XL sized carrying straps.

Ego hunting problems.

I think it's time to let the general die

Drip feeding it bad posts with the same ten images over and over again every thread isn't stimulating discussion

I'd say bring it back when the next book drops, but if it's as bad as Argonauts, don't bother

What are the three most interesting things about Valles New Shanghai

I'm gearing up to run a game on Mars starting this weekend for mostly newbies, and due to a number of things piling up I'll be having player shortages for weeks. Looking for someone who can reliably make weekends, is not completely new (though no actual play experience necessary, strictly speaking) and is generally a chill guy/gal/networked swarm of satellites/[other] to join a group that likes to shoot the shit between sessions about more or less anything.

Voice game over Discord and r20, hit me up on TRNSHMN or majmoci01 on skype tonight if possible, we're starting this saturday.

New Shanghai is a nexus of VIPs spanning the PC, Tharsis League and triads? Little Shanghai is somewhere anything and everything can go horribly wrong, infectious and/or sentient? It is also the highest population center in the inner system and thus is a priority target for any haunting or mindstealer exsurgents.

So, walked through a mall recently - noticed really the only stores which are open is nails, jewelry and acessories and clothes and shoes.

Do you think fabrication/minifacturing will kill this off too (not that I think shopping malls really work in EP, but we know shop arcades and market districts exist), or does the IP system in the PC mean that you might still have to pop down to a fab shop to get them to custom print your victory shoes and Jay jewels?

Oh, and Vitamin/Nutrition shops - which I'm sure maker tech and basic biomods killed the shit out of.

Most people don't buy their clothes online because they want to try them on first. Fabricators wouldn't really change that.

>basic biomods killed the shit out of.

Well, just imagine how different the medical field is of the far future. 99% is focused on nanosurgery, implants, and psychotherapy. What else would you need?

But if you can own your own clothes fabber - which does assembly and disassembly you can get the raw materials for one type of clothes, try them on, then break them down for something different if you don't like it. And it would always be fabbed in your exact size.

My question is more, do you think the Inner System works enough so that people still go to like a local fab shop for clothes to try them out on the field - even for like cheap retail equivalents or is it all DRM and digital storefront?

Why would anyone fab clothing when you can have smart clothes that can change appearance and shape and fit?

No takers? Man, EPG really has fallen far.

I'm already in two games one of which is saturdays. Don't reasonably have time for a third. Otherwise would have been interested.

This would also beat up on clothing retail.

Clothing design is alive and kicking though, somebody has to teach the smart clothes what to look like.

But, are the vietnamese still doing nails?

By "close to the center of mass", I meant within the confines of the main chassis.

A direct firing mortar? For what purpose?

>ego hunting
>not just cutting off the head or popping the stack

Time zones and language are kind of a barrier too.

Something to remember is that nanofabrication is still probably more expensive for some products than others, and that fabbing machines are reasonably pricey and specialized things. Most people don't have an omni-capable cornucopia machine.

So, yeah, there's probably still physical storefronts around; as much to raise brand awareness as anything else. At least on Mars, anyway.