sgiz.mobi/s3/db43d70dde08

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...

Okay guys, let's go over downtime activities, and see what things should be added.

>Building a Stronghold
>Buying a Magic Item
>Carousing (DMG version/UA version)
>Crafting an Item
>Crafting a Magic Item
>Crime
>Gambling
>Performing Sacred Rites
>Pit Fighting
>Relaxation
>Religious Service
>Research
>Running a Business
>Scribing a Spell Scroll
>Selling a Magic Item
>Sowing Rumors
>Training
>Training to Gain Levels
>Work

What should be added?

Anyone got ideas on brewing 4 separate elemental monk archetypes?

So far the idea is

At lvl 3 gain a 10ft range elemental-themed attack that deals MA damage and can use reaction for AOO when someone moves through that space without disengaging.

At lvl 6 gain 3 spells and two cantrips themed after the element.

At lvl 11 Gain a flavourfull ability like Water monks turning into water to move about.

At lvl 17 A capstone ability that's not quite save or suck but somewhere inbetween the Long death and Open hand capstone.

So how do we fix two weapon fighting, guys?

Well, remember that there's also shadow and sun style capstones of new reactions to use in melee.

Make it so it doesn't require a bonus action when you hit 5th level. It is instead a free action, once a turn whenever you attack.

Include the extra attack in the attack action.

Dual wielder feat also gives ability modifier bonus to off-hand damage and alternate dual weapon fighting style gives +1d6 damage when you hit with a weapon attack while dual wielding. Clean up the language a bit and boom: useful TWF with minimal rule changes.

Final goal would be a level 20 fighter that dual wields battleaxes or whatever does 1d8+1d6+5 four attacks as an action and 1d8+5 as a bonus action or reaction. Only attacks that qualify to trigger the TWF bonus action would receive the damage bonus.

Just change Dual Wielder to add
"When you make a two weapon attack you can make an extra attack with your offhand weapon as part of your attack action"

There, now it's a bit balanced against PAM/GWM and you don't have to change a bunch pf shit

How do you spread your word using bards /5eg/?

I thought two-weapon fighting was pretty balanced for characters that rely a lot on procing damage from attacks, like sneak attacks or hunter's mark... isn't it?

If that's the case... There's not much to fix. Maybe add a good maneuver for them for the odd fighter, and call it a day.

Investigating

Let me see if I can do a wording I like.

Dual Weapon - Fighting Style for fighters and rangers.
When you hit a creature with a melee weapon held in one hand you deal an additional 1d6 damage if you are holding another melee weapon of the same type in your other hand. This additional damage is of the same type as the attack already deals.

hey tg what's a good city campaign that i could throw at my players? i kinda need the inspiration since i've never done it before.

How does multiclassing in two spellcasters work? I play as human (male) of noble background Level 6 eldritch knight/paladin oath devotion.

Something focused on a crime syndicate, political intrigue, some dark evil buried under the city. Maybe even Assassins Creed could give you some inspiration.

After reviewing the other feats I'd change this to
"Whenever you use a bonus action to attack with your offhand weapon you may make an additional attack with one of your weapons" that way it aligns with PAM and Crossbow Expert on using the bonus action for the extra attack

You get both spell slots comparative to the level of each class, and can cast spells from your combined level if you have a spell slot of that level. Except Warlocks. Warlocks are separate.

It works exactly the way the PHB tells you it works in the section for multiclassing.

The multiclass section shows you the table.

As an Ek you gain your caster levels from lvl 3 onwards while Plladin gains them from lvl 2 onwards.

You'll be stuck with less spell slots for a while.

How do you deal with a member of the party inserting a nine inch wooden dildo into the hoop of their sleeping companion? I allowed it and now the victim of the insertion has suffered some rectal damage. The guy with the dildo has spread rumours around town that this guy is Homosexual, something punishable by death, so he can't go looking for help.

What are some magic weapon ideas that provide utility outside of combat?

Possible early spoilers for Storm King's Thunder campaign

We are doing the Goldenfield siege here and we are just about to wrap up the fight with the Hill Giant. In the book it just says that the guards should basically take the players with them as they get up on the wall and sees all the monsters out there. In the book its a little unclear for me, is the players supposed to keep fighting with everything outside the wall? Because it seems a little much as they are running out of resources with no breaks. Or does it end there?

Isn't it about two hill giants, while the goblin trebuchets batter the battlefield?

Yeah they just beat these two hill giants but in the book and on the Roll20 map, there seems to be tons more stuff outside the walls. Hence i was confused if the fight keeps going or if its over

The rest of the giant army take it as a defeat and flee.

What's a hoop?

Yeah that sounds reasonable enough, after all i think that about 6 hours in three sessions was what they needed for a while

Not you, but instead the fake. Detect magic or identify would quickly tell you something's simulacrum.

Though is the simulacrum retains your ability to cast shit while you're possessing someone and can cast mystul's then maybe they can keep their ass in check, but they're likely to notice something's off when Strahd's dick is colder than normal.

sundering could hurt objects
glowing items provide light
you could have some probide advantage on intimidation

>guy in my group who is playing the only cleric
>refuses to heal me or cast any buffs on me or share any gold or resources or do absolutely anything to help and play as a group because he's "just playing in character" and his character doesn't like mine

just stop playing this game man, this is not what D&D is about, go find FATAL or whatever that fucking ERP game is son.

Is there any legitimate reasons for it, such as your character being a huge asshole to his? Answer honestly, even if you don't think you did anything that bad.

Spider dagger.
>Gives you a climbing speed of 25ft when climbing while holding it.
>Once every midnight it leaks a poison that deals 2d6 poison damage.
>Said poison can be harvested and stored in an alchemic vial but deals 1d4 poison damage instead.

Dwarven Quarterstaff
>Can shift it's shape as a bonus action into a pickaxe, hoe, spade or shovel.
>Once shifted it grants a dig speed of 15 ft when used.

Wood-Elven Shortsword
>Once per turn you may grant your self an extra 1d4 fire damage bonus on an attack that hits.
>This mate-gray short-sword does not set things on fire but emits a steady controllable heat. It's enchantment is especially popular with those mindfull of not starting forrest fires or staying hidden while camping.
>You gain proficiency with the cooking set and may use this shortsword as a cooking set. Food made using it grants you 1d4 temporary Hp untill your next rest.

It's your arse hole

No. The guy who's getting shit jammed up him is a dick head. We're getting our laughs out of abusing him and his character until he snaps.

lm playing a cleric right now and if anyone does anything incredibly retarded I won't support their nonsense by wasting some of my resources to cover their ass. Generally I say something like, "if you do X, (where X=pants on head retarded) I will not heal you". When they go ahead and do it anyway I hold up on my word.

I will not reinforce terrible behavior at my expense.

Have you asked yourself why his character doesn't like yours? Does his PC dislike whatever race you're playing? Do your actions violently cross against his Dogma? Are you autistic?

Haveing all of those be actually well designed and provide actual advantages that dosent just give a middle finger that says "make it up" yourself.

Are you the wooden dildo guy someone else is talking about in this thread? I wouldn't heal you either.

>A strange light that only casts shadows when "lit", but the shadows reveal hidden things, such as dried fluids.

>a red candle that when lit flies straight in the direction it was pointed, leaving a trail of red smoke, before exploding into a bright red signal of some sort.

>A knife, which folds in on itself in strange ways, transforming into any tool that the wielder can think of.

A real suggestion: a bag of dust, that when blown on an object, can reduce the object's mass to 0, or increase it 10 fold, without changing anything else about the object. User chooses upon using the dust with an action.

It's got Nystul.

Also Strahd'a dick is already cold so I'm thinking he might not notice.
More importantly, it might buy just enough time to scout Ravenloft ahead for the skull of Argynvost and teleport it to the crypt

>It's got Nystul
Victor Vallakovich owes me from having saved his life from when my party almost
Ganked his ass on principle

You can't make a simulacrum of Strahd, if I'm following you, because he's Undead.

Simulacrum of myself inside Irena body through Magic Jar

>Also Strahd'a dick is already cold so I'm thinking he might not notice.
You realise Strahd is a vampire, and thus will see through the ruse as soon as he bites you and notices he's not drinking blood but flesh-coloured slushy, right?

@3 for lesser
@6 for normal
@11 for greater
@17 for ultimate

Earth Monk

Lesser Mountain Stance grants +2 Constitution, a +2 boost to AC, 3 physical resistance, at the cost of -2 Dexterity and - 5 feet movement speed. While in Lesser Mountain Stance, you gain 'Get Hit Effect: Gain 1 ki.'
Mountain Stance grants +2 Constitution, a +3 boost to AC, 8 physical resistance, at the cost of -2 Dexterity and -5 feet movement speed. While in Mountain Stance, you gain 'Get Hit Effect: Gain 1 ki.'
Greater Mountain Stance grants +3 Constitution, a +4 boost to AC, 12 physical resistance, at the cost of -2 Dexterity and -5 feet movement speed. While in Greater Mountain Stance, you gain 'Get Hit Effect: Gain 1 ki.'
Ultimate Mountain Stance grants +4 Constitution, a +6 boost to AC, 15 physical resistance, at the cost of -2 Dexterity and -5 feet movement speed. While in Ultimate Mountain Stance, you gain 'Get Hit Effect: Gain 1 ki.'

Elemental Monk's should be able to pick two elements, gain the stances at those levels and depending on the stance they are in they can perform different abilities.
Changing stance takes a bonus action on turn

Which is where the Bard stats step in. Talk him into taking you somewhere special and shit and then invisible the fuck out

For example
Fire stance would be at 3rd level +2 strength, - 2 wisdom, when you hit you gain 1 Ki point, and on critical 2ki points

Water at 3rd would be
+2 Wis, -2 strength, you gain a Dodge reaction once a round on Dex save, on success you gain a bonus action for your next turn and +1 to saving throws

Air stance @3
+2 Dex, -2 con, can roll on your turn a d10, 7 or higher you get an extra action on your turn. You get a +2 to attack and 10 feet extra movement speed

you made it even worse that the original. the original wasn't very good but at least it gave you new things to do other than add floating values to your stats.

what exactly is the problem with four elements

is it just ki starved?

which classes and races did you ban from your DnD campaign?

Tiefling, Halfling, Half-Orcs, Variant Human

Druid, Cleric, Sorcerer

(You)

All kinds of women

Yeah. Just make each discipline 1 or 2 ki points cheaper (1 they're still somewhat weak but can always use really weak disciplines, 2 makes them a very solid choice).

Right now I only allow the big four races - drow + half elves
And I ban rangers because the game is full of gumbys and its a trap class

V. Humans, Gnomes, Halflings, Half Orcs, Dwarves, Elves, Dragonborn, Tieflings.

Bards, Barbarians, Rogues, Druids, Wizards, Sorcerers, Battlemasters, Eldritch Knights, Clerics.

Forgot rangers

To clarify, right now you can barely cast any disciplines / short rest. Look to literally any other caster / half caster - they can do so much more than a way of the 4 elements monk.

So I can be a Drow Mystic? Sounds good, I'll be rolling one up for you soon.

Nope, you can't. By user's list up there, Elves are banned, and Drow are elves.

Sweet, time for a Yuan-Ti pureblood mystic.

drow dragonborn tiefling and half orc are not allowed at my table

autism

exactly what is the problem with restricting those tumors from PCs?

Why are they a problem is my question?

>Drow are Elves
I bet you think blacks are human

How you explain the existence of races in your world? Are half-elfs gifted to families with humans and elfs by the gods? Are dragonborns a experiment made my wizards a long time ago to serve the rightful king? Are drows the elfs of an "upside down" world?

drow and tieflings are edgy evil for retard players

dragonborn is for setting reasons

i just dont like half orcs

>something something special snowflakes

drow is the only race shitty enough to be banned because it's literally an edge magnet

arguably variant human as well because only shitty munchkins play vhuman

there's literally nothing wrong with tieflings or dragonborn or half-whatever and anyone who says otherwise is just being contrarian to look cool on the internet

Half-Elves are just their own race akin to Bretons from TES.

Mate, these are stances you can add to the original and just make the player take two elements

Everything but Triton.

V. Humans, tieflings, dragon born.

The stance mechanics are fucking cancer. That you don't understand it is mind-boggling.

I pretty much made dragonborn in my world the exact same as the drakonids from Warcraft. they're the natural loyal servants of the dragons they're spawned from. They make much better minions and enemies than orcs or kobolds anyways.

I have 3 ideas for a character that I think will be fun to roleplay as

A pessimistic and depressive firbolg
A human prince who was turned into a kobold
or a 8-foot tall amazonian woman

Not sure which to go with. This is my second time ever making a character

Anything not from Volo's.
Its a monster evil campaign.
I might allow dragonborn if anyone asks after their characters die.
Except for the TN Kenku

Tieflings and Dragonborn are also unoriginal edge magnets. I'f allow drow WAY before either of those because at least Drow opens up some interesting possibilities

Firblog.

>something something special snowflakes something something

This is my standard as well. Also no UAs besides Ranger but that's a given

As said, 'colder than normal'. I think snow is colder than undead.

But in any case, I'm sure there's something about a simulacrum that makes it at least a little bit tricky without a bit of alter self and such to ensure you're completely, absolutely like the original for those interacting intimately.

Not an argument

None of those seem to be particularlyinteresting, to be honest. I mean, they could be interesting if you developed their character beyond a couple of words, I guess.

They're things I don't really see played, but I don't see them being too interesting without a bit more thought.

>A human prince who was turned into a kobold
I like that one.

Of course not user, I wasn't arguing, just mocking you for your stupid opinions. Now I'm mocking you for the "not an argument" meme.

My idea is:

At level 3, 6, 11 and 17, you choose one of four elements: Air, Water, Earth or Fire.
You gain that element's cantrip (With a slight buff). You can also choose not to choose another element in return for some sort of bonus, undetermined?
At level 3, 6, 11 and 17, you also gain 2 'techniques'. These techniques have prerequisite elements. Some require only one element, some require a combination of two, three or even four elements.

... That's pretty much it.
And I think that stunning fist could be replaced with 'On hit, spend 1 ki to create a minor effect (Blinding/proning etc on a save)', 'Spend 2 ki to create a major effect (stunning, for example)'. And, generally, a monk can do cool shit if they spend enough ki to do it. The idea is that this is very 'DM's discretion', but allows monks great flexibility beyond 'I just walk up and stunning fist the guy repeatedly'. It weakens their main role of stunning shit a bit, so they could get a slight buff in return.

>normal but kind of boring
>actually interesting
>welcome to my magical realm

why.

>second time every making a character
>whole bunch of random shit

Play stuff from the phb. If you've only ever made one character before, there are still tons of other enjoyable options to play without having to be some wacky special bullshit.

Two questions:

Does anyone use ixitxachitls in their games? I like aquatic campaigns and figure they'd see quite some use.

Are their rules for medium-sized characters riding medium-sized mounts? Pathfinder has the Undersized Mount and I wanna make a fighter archetype based upon that for 5e.

>their rules

Should be "there rules", screeeee! Whatever, have this creepy idea book.

>Correcting something that's right to something that's wrong
???

What the heck even is this, but it's pretty cool
Any other quick encounter ideas that are beyond the usual stuff?

Do your parties typically share resources, keep everything separate, or have a group pool for certain things?

I've generally known my groups to split individually but when it comes to stuff like lodgings, equipment, and spell components they go dutch.

>Are their rules
>Are there rules

Ya fool!

I think ixitxachitls get overlooked because they're in Out of the Abyss instead of the Monster Manual or Volo's. Plus, they don't have legs or arms so they can't fight on land like sahuagin or sea spawn.

Getting to Darklake soon, so, Yes.