Does your setting have any gays?

Does your setting have any gays?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_and_Bob
dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Abomination_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If I wanted them I'd invite you.

Yes.

Yes.

Maybe, but the games I'm in have nothing to do with what people do naked with each other. That is reserved for real life.

Probably, but they tend not to be in the general areas the PCs are. I mean, what are the chances you're going to find a gay guy wandering in the middle of a dungeon?

If it has, the characters have never met any.

They don't really care what each NPC does in the bedroom either.

They exist, one species has quite a bit of em because they 1/31 female so 29/30 dudes from the species don't get a chick but they still got urges.

Depends on the kind of dungeon.

No. It has homosexuals, but they're not allowed to be gay about it.

I don't know about gays, but it has plenty of faggots.

Somewhere, sure It has literally zero reason to come up now or in the near future though so why should I give a fuck?

Probably, but it never comes up because I make a point to keep real-world sex, real-world religion, and real-world politics out of my games.

It's just better this way.

Nope, too controvestial.

Every setting has gays except for Jesus World.

Yes, actually. My setting also has _________a lich___________________

Since cure disease is a rather low level spell, no.

I understand the reference you are making.

Well yeah. Gay people are just a fact of life. Boning just doesn't come up much, though.

Yes. In fact if I for some reason need to determine the sexual orientation of a character, I have a table and everything, based on the Kinsey scale and bowing to the fact that biological imperative is going to make most people more-or-less straight even if society doesn't discriminate against homosexuality.

1-6: Exclusively heterosexual
7-10: Majority heterosexual
11-13: Generally heterosexual
14-15: Bisexual
16-17: Generally homosexual
18-19: Majority homosexual
20: Exclusively homosexual

Where do you live? Mississippi?

Well some races don't really have genders, but yeah most races do let em cause honestly I dont give a shit and it makes my one gay player feel better about themselves so why not.

No, but then most of the races don't even have primary sexual characteristics

It's not relevant to my adventures, so no.

Unless it's somehow relevant (They are married/in a relationship) most NPCs exist in a state of quantum gayness. They might be gay, they might not. I'll decide when it's relevant and generally based on 'What is better for the story'.

Yes, but there's no focus on them because it's about robot fighting and not who wants to fuck what hole.

Yes. While I don't go into NPCs' bedroom activities, their families are sometimes relevant, and in that case sometimes I'll give a male character a husband or a female character a wife.

/thread

You're not exactly doing a favor to gay people by using a disproved and outdated idea like the kinsey scale.

Midwest, it just seems that mentioning them automatically derails the discussion regardless of the orientation of everyone else around. It's a sort of soft politics ban.

Now, making a campy character that is in all likelyhood gay is okay, but actually calling them that? That's a no-no.

Its based off of Macedonia. That should be answer enough for you

Gays are an abomination.

I honestly have no idea, as sex and romances in rpgs are for douchebags that cannot achieve such in real life.
I don't care what people do in real life, keep your real life faggotry out of my game faggotry, k?

Yeah, probably. I'm not likely to make it an especially big deal, though.

Gay people are gay people's worst enemy.

Compared to the number of gays attacked by straights, gay-on-gay violence is conducted at ten times the rate despite gays being less than 2% of the population, and that's not even counting how homosexuals infect each other with STD's at forty times the rate of any other group.

Yes and the Society doesn't really thing a lot about it. In TDE the peoble, if they should judge your sexuality etc. its more about what you do in your bed not with whom. As long as both agree Rahja, the Godess of Art, Wine and kinky stuff gives it a okay.

Sounds like a shit setting. Super shit, in fact.

SAVAGE

No homo allowed

There's people than sex people of the same sex, but gays don't exist.

We're playing a pickup game with a new DM where the majority of the world is gay and the straight minority is persecuted.

It's kind of like Shadowrun but Runners are hetero.

Given that one major culture doesn't recognize different genders as a thing, you'll almost certainly end up with some homosexual pairings simply because they fall in love before bothering to check on reproductive capacity.

One of my players/PCs is gay, and they've been flirting with an NPC Paladin who's more than likely bisexual, so yes.

Sounds like a Chick Tract. I love it.

I didn't know Veeky Forums was a setting.

Sounds like perpetual prison.

Sure
Who cares?

A few.
One of the major shopkeepers is flamboyantly gay (A dumb joke character that the players are really attached too for some reason.) and one of the major female npcs is a lesbian but it was never brought up in play.
Other than that I just assume the ratio is about the same as it is in the real world.

Yes, but mostly because it's my magical realm where none of you are invited.

Roughly 7% of NPCs are gay. It's never really mentioned because nobody gives a fuck.

100% of PCs are gay. It's never really mentioned because nobody gives a fuck.

>100% of PCs are gay.
Is that a rule you're enforcing or something that all the players coincidentally decided on?

>That is reserved for real life.
WhereDoYouThinkYouAre.jpg

How does that even work? How do they reproduce? Suddenly I've got images in my head of gays stalking rural communities and abducting children changling-style.

Coincidence? I dunno. Girls playing boys who fuck boys and boys playing girls who fuck girls.

It's all very quaint.

That doesn't sound like an evolutionarily stable strategy.

Yes, but it's completely irrelevant to the game itself so it never comes up.

In my setting, here are Men Who Have Sex With Men, but there are no "gays" because "gay" is not an identity.

Roughly 1 in 30 NPC is homosexual. The Cultural connotations of that change around where the character is from.

No, cure disease is only a 3rd level cleric spell.

There's a "Breeder" underclass who are pretty much forced to pump out kids, the majority of which end up joining the gay majority.

If ever things get too thin, artificial means are available as well (and sometimes used by the gays), but for the most part the breeders have enough kids for things to work.

this so much.

but yeah, it depends. i remember making a light hearted campaign where everyone was at least little gay, because one straight as fuck player couldn't stop romancing every female available.

Do faggots count? My party is full of them.

Yep.

One of the most powerful deities, Eve, is a lesbian who's constantly chasing after her scorned lover Alice, who left her for the god Bob. Most of the ways to communicate secretly are either Bob or Alice's invention, and most of the ways to break those communications were invented by Eve.

>Alice
>Bob

Spotted the tropper.

Go away /pol/fag, you have no power here.

My race of elves do a tonne of ritual castration and you better believe that they get buggered by the non-castrated elves, they don't really consider it gay though since the geldings aren't really men anymore

Tropper?

It' a reference to this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_and_Bob

Tropper is a misspelling of "troper", or user of the cancerous website TV Tropes. Using "Alice" and "Bob" as placeholder names is something of a meme there.

It may surprise you, but sometimes things predate other things.

No gays, only deviants.

In my relatively average late medieval era-ish setting, for most of the different cultures its typically treated as something not generally spoken of, but not really thought of negatively either. Usually along the lines of "Well, okay. But try to at least still have some kids, alright?". Basically just don't be a selfish prick and run your family into the ground because of it.

There's one race with strong religious and cultural traditions about not dealing with extravagant and unnecessary things, who have something of an odd relationship with the concept though. If a same-sex pair comes forward as wanting to be together, they're expected to choose an opposite-sex member of the tribe to have a child with so as to still contribute to the group's next generation. The chosen man/woman must forfeit all rights and connection to the child, and the tribe from that point treats the resulting birth as solely the result of the original pair.

Nope, the gods are real and don't let people be bon with that kind of problem.
If someone is gay, it's a curse or a spell and they can undo it.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Rolling for sexuality.

Well there is this lesbian couple in my world, a gnoll and a lizardfolk, that are there to kill dragons and make sure players are not being murderhobos, or they will come by and kill off the party

dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Abomination_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)
>The tragic ending of an abomination is usually due to multiple organ failure, coated with so much meat they simply cannot find the means to strip themselves of it and reach the necrotised layers below, often black and festering.

Gays are standard in most settings. Its why aids in gays is described in the MM

Yes. They serve the same narrative purpose as Orcs.

He's not wrong though.

>I don't like the data you're posting so you're the boogieman!

Source needed.

Misunderstood outcasts for the party to gradually come to understand and respect the ways of?

Yinglets?

Probably, yeah. It's not the focus of the game, by any means, and it'd be a pretty drastic world-shift to have nobody be gay for something that's not the focus of the game.

It has some, I suppose. At least it has PCs hitting on everything, as PCs are wont to do.

My previous campaign definitively had some.
The thief had been playing (very badly) two magic flutes he stubbornly refused to give to the bard. So he got hit on by a bard NPC who was very interested in all kinds of flutes.

I suppose the NPCs tend to have whatever orientation seems to fit the moment. Other than that, I sometimes roll orientation to see if a seduction attempt by a PC has*any* chance of success.

my paladin lady in Curse of Strahd had a pretty big thing for Ireena by the end of the adventure, though she was to shy to say anything about it. it's probably a good thing she died in the final battle, she would have been pretty crushed when Ireena ran off to be a ghost with Sergei

Nope. I even changed the two fagadins in Curse of Strahd to non-degenerates. Stay mad SJWs.

>male player character makes a move at my male player character
>like him a lot, so i go along with it
Yeah, I guess there's gays in it now.

>disproved and outdated
what

troll detected
Maybe if I feed it, it will grow up big and strong and maybe even smart!

>there
It's been a common placeholder for two participants before the Internet.

>Class
>Not a subrace

This really grinds my gears.

Nothing but.

Rolling for poofterness

Choice of lifestyle.....not a genetic racial make up.

Can you SJW's go back to /lgbt/ already? No one likes you here.

Almost exclusively. Cure Disease is a low-level spell after all.

Yes.

Its a power thing.

I'm sorry, what was that?

I've yet to hear of any fantasy setting that DIDN'T have some kind of elf.

Point.

MODS, DO YOUR JOB.
MODS, DO YOUR JOB.
MODS, DO YOUR JOB.
MODS, DO YOUR JOB.

The only person I'm trying to do favors for is myself, to make it simple to determine whether or not a given NPC is receptive to a player's attempts to seduce.

The Kinsey scale inspired the divisions (of things like "exclusively heterosexual" and so on), but the likelihood was derived just from the most convenient way to split them across a d20.

D&D is not a real life simulator.