What are some of your character's beliefs, Veeky Forums?

What are some of your character's beliefs, Veeky Forums?

Not what god they follow or what laws they adhere to. The little things. Their superstitions, their rituals, etc.

"I'd rather betray others, than have others betray me."

Hospitals are more hallowed than churches. Steal medical supplies and you deserve them sewn up inside you.

If you can't talk them down, at least talk for a while. Many things could be learned.

The Warlock: "Things can always get worse. Especially for me. Abel H. Christ does fate hate my guts. Also, there's nothing wrong with sinking down to an enemy's level if you can beat them at their own game."

The Warrior Summoner: "Justice should be swift and violent. Also, girls can love girls. Especially dragon girls."

The Mentalist: "Jump in with both feet. Consequences can be dealt with later, assuming you survive."

The Weaponmaster: "I don't really care about what's 'Good' or 'Evil', I just want to savor the thrill of battle against more powerful opponents, even if they're my allies."

Little vises like thinking in lewd way about the sisters of battle or drinking a amasec more than you should are okay, if they are earned through a day of bringing absolution to the alien, the mutant, the heretic.

"Peace through power."

Justice doesn't exist unless you make it, and dealing out that justice doesn't make you any better than the people you judge. Usually, the opposite.

You can't/shouldn't bring back the dead, but you can/should make sure they're remembered, and remembered for what they stood for.

Destiny is a cage, but it is a cage that'll take you somewhere. Hitch a ride if you have to, but don't forget who you are, and break out when you need to.

CAR THIEVES AND BURGLARS, WHO ARE THE SCUM OF THIS EARTH, SHOULD ALL BE HANGED

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS... HOW DO THE SCUM MANAGE TO STEAL CARS AND ROB HOUSES WHEN THEY HAVEN'T GOT A BRAIN??

THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR CRIME

IF SOMEONE BREAKS INTO YOUR HOUSE OR TRIES TO STEAL YOUR CAR, YOU SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SHOOT THEM DEAD, AS THEY ARE NO MORE USE TO SOCIETY THAN A RABID DOG

I PAY TAXES TO STOP SCUM DYING IN THE STREETS AND THEY COME ROUND AND STEAL ALL MY POSSESSIONS..... NOW THERE'S GRATITUDE FOR YOU

THE SCUM ARE TRYING TO BRING THIS COUNTRY DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL OF DEPRAVITY....... PLEASE DON'T LET THEM SUCCEED

Barbarian: My people first. Follow the customs of hospitality. Always carry a big knife with you.

Rakshasa: Kill what you can. Steal what you can't kill. Cats are everything that is right and good in this world and most others. Deception is an art and a lifestyle.

Demon: Crush order, save people who are not part of it and make them so angry at you that they will hunt you for eternity. It is the most fulfilling life.

>Steal medical supplies and you deserve them sewn up inside you.
But that'd be a waste of perfectly good medical supplies, which should not be interred in the body of a sinner, but rather be used for holy work

It's not a belief or anything, but one of my characters made a point to, on every Sunday, write a letter of his week and send it home to his mother

"There is nothing better than a full belly, a stiff drink, and the company of friends."

"Also unless the wizard says otherwise, I am allowed to eat anything that attacks the party"

The sound of two coins rubbing together is the only sleep aid you'll ever need

A firm handshake is a powerful tool, and anybody who gives you a firm handshake is not to be trusted

It takes two to argue, otherwise you just have some bozo screaming at a much more rational person

Being dedicated to your job is no virtue, anybody who says otherwise is a slave master or a slave

There's absolutely nothing wrong with killing bandits/thieves/murderers and you don't need a good reason either

Never trust a magic user who refuses to learn how to wield a sword, they'll get you killed sooner or later.

Punishments are never a waste

>Don't shit where you eat. Even a pirate needs a safe port.

>Steal, maim or kill if you must, but nothing good ever came from dealing with fiends or undeath.

>I don't care how proud you are, don't mouth off to the elder god.

>There's nothing wrong with swearing so loud it drowns out the bard.

Pic tangentially related as character inspiration.

"Steal,kill or harm but always with a good reason and a smile"
"If you can help,then help people who can help you in return"

Retired samurai-turned-monk who was sick of courtly matters, brought back into action to help his grandkids deal with Spirit Realm shenanigans

>There is value in all life, from the smallest insect to the greatest lords, but those barbarians from the mainland don't deserve to be called human.

>You can learn more about a person from their fighting stance than you ever could by talking to them.

>Men who use big two-handed weapons are compensating for their small penises.

>Women who use big two-handed weapons just wish they were men.

>Unless they're healers, magic-users cannot be trusted. If they're healers, then it's still a 50/50 chance they can be trusted.

"Manners and courtesy go a long way in making a positive first impression."

"Always feel free to smile."

"Do not tolerate disrespect."

"Never draw steel unless you intend to kill."

"Never hold back."

For my wizard, knowledge, and its accumulation is good. Secrecy, and the destruction of information is evil. Or not exactly good and evil, but maybe part of some other axis.

>given the choice between saving a library or an orphanage, he'd choose the library every time (unless one of the orphans is extremely intelligent).

>Researchers, scholars (such as him), and teachers are thus the most important people in the world. Book burners are to be brutally murdered.

what if its a for profit hospital and its practicing hoarding and price gauging?

>Never trust a magic user who refuses to learn how to wield a sword, they'll get you killed sooner or later.

I see you've played knifey spoony before!

Ay, here here! Tis a sad day when noble people must fear banditry and highwaymen. But let us talk of your fool king and his handlers, lest we waste the evening having said nothing productive, and perhaps then we will form a watch.

Of course, the city will be upon us, so all there is to do is reserve and report what we see, and the council will see too it that we are well fed and taken care of when in times of trouble.

I have a blasted Moor in my city warren! He is a good and honest man who works hard and puts us to shame, still I fear for the district, for should his cousins come to visit I fear the ethnic tensions will simmer and come to a boil and all hell will break loose.

I can not stand to see another family shattered but this is the french quarter, not a dockside inn!

Listen to me, i whine and cluck like a mother-hen..

5 m3n with horses can see you through two shifts during a fortnight. 2 hours a piece, and ring the criers bell when your shift is over.

If a man misses his shift, he is low, like a dog who must crawl his belly across the floor begging for forgiveness until his next shift.

*BEEP BOOB* fuck Loyalists.

>But let us talk
But let us not talk

padone' madame

Then you've further reduced the quality of care available in the community, Valjean.

It's a female character.

to whose community?
mine, or the judeans?

"When stupid decitions are to be made, make sure you make them, so you only have yourself to blame"

"The party's misfortune quickly become your misfortune"

"Never brag about your hoard. People know exactly who to ask for money when you do."

Three lessons you character learned in one session after an encounter with the deck of many things

"If it has feathers, it is not to be trusted."

"Plenty of problems start going away when you're willing to actually sit down and talk with someone face to face"

>Lecturin' folks didn't ever solve nothin'. Reckon you gotta go and lead the charge to get folks to start believin' in somethin'.
>If you ain't tryin' your best to put a stop to wickedness you find, you ain't much better than them.
>Elf women sound good and look better, 'til ya wake up the nex' mornin' with no pants to be found, a powerful sore rear end, and a splitting headache like the Rough Beast 'imself done busted yer skull wide open and shit inside.

>If something is worth doing, it is worth doing with both style and flare

Never ask for a name.

This was become more an accidental thing than anything intentional. Every conversation they've had where they need to get good business done, either peacetalking or shopping, was done without the NPC's not knowing who they were talking to until the "then it's a deal... what did you say your name was?". If I had to come up with an in-character reason for it, it'd be that you can get along with so many more people if you don't know that they're different.

"This superhero thing isn't what I imagined..."

GERMAN MEDICINE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD! IT CAN DO ANYTHING!

>Do not make enemies and do not leave enemies made
>An assertive personality and friendly demeanor goes a long way
>Power is its own reward
>The best way to rule is to ensure the people want your rule

"And here comes in the question whether it is better to be loved rather than feared, or feared rather than loved. It might perhaps be answered that we should wish to be both; but since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. Nevertheless a prince ought to inspire fear in such a way that, if he does not win love, he avoids hatred; because he can endure very well being feared whilst he is not hated."

"Drink, fight and fuck."

"I will rob and murder, but only with my own power. There is no greater evil than getting the government to do your dirty work"

Not exactly "what god they follow", but related. My urchin thief believes Ilmater has something to do with his albinism.

That the person who is the strongest and largest is *also* the smartest and most capable of leadership.

It was not programmed to have beliefs. Everything it does is based on hard-coded instructions.

Stabbing your enemy in the back of the neck avoids the effort of an actual fight.

There isn't much that won't die if you kick it in the temple until it's brain starts leaking out of its ears. If that doesn't work, run.

never pull the teat of another mans cow, 'cause sure as god's got sandals it ain't your teat to pul