Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

I fear 8th Ed won't change shit edition

>previous thread
Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for ???

I wish I had friends or that there was a store/club where people played nearby

First for outflank is great fun

yup. I love Ironstrider cavaliers- dump 6 Dragoons right in their backfield and put the Ballistrii in your backfield where they belong, fantastic formation.

>damn I love playing ad mech

So... a friend of mine from 3 editions ago is suggesting we get back into 40k. I know 8th is right around the corner. Anyone know of a cheap place to pick up the Ork and Space Marine 7th edition Codexes on the cheap? We'd be fine with PDF as well. He already managed to secure 2 7th ed rulebooks used.

Usagi taking out Abaddon would be pretty funny

I'm trying to make a semi competitive Skitarii list with what I've already got. Any tips on what I should change?

I'll be your yellow, position fortifying friend.

codex archives in OP

The OP Mega links should have the codices.

>Ork and Space Marine 7th edition Codexes on the cheap? We'd be fine with PDF as well.
OP mega links

Predictions
>general book will only include new point costs and the new movement values
>a compendium of all the races weapons assigning them a sub class like flamer, plasma, missile, etc; plus the new rend values
>codex won't be invalidated but you'll need the general to play the updated version, so legions and other supplements will be valid
>the game will remain mostly the same but with the only real change being battleshock which Marines will ignore
>psyker phase absorbed back to movement phase
>new missions and scenarios but barely any new rules

if you want legit try ebay or the people at your local gaming club to see if they have a spare copy they might be willing to sell

if you want other means, you are a filthy pirate but some stuff in the OP talks about it.

Mega or Russians should have the stuff you want. Or eBay/local LGS.

Apparently I'm blind. didn't even see that int he OP. thanks all.

Love me some outflanking Scout Sentinels. I also love deep striking Scions. Astropaths from IA help too. Gotta love people who assume Guard are static and then I have 2 groups of 2 Sentinels and 10-15 Scions harassing their back lines blowing up tanks and stealing objectives.

Got space for a wizard buddy?

best thing about it I think is the fact your opponent cannot protect against it to a huge degree. It's psychological, so they may end up making mistakes.

Of course it can fail but 2/3rds of the time, it works every time.

Is there any way to justify using the Thunderstrike Gauntlet on an Imperial Knight? It looks so cool, but seems to be a little useless since you need that I4 to avoid Chainfist based death.

Freaking 1k Sons can't keep up with Slaanshi glory. Honestly 1 little squad of Sisters of Silence and you all puss out.

No, you're paying to cripple yourself and the extra rules are literally worthless as a "benefit" of using the gauntlet, if it were at least ap3 the throw attack it might be situational but either way you're paying extra to strike last.

Most of us have seen the Ultramarines movie and come to the conclusion that, while meme-worthy, it was a pretty shit movie. If you were given the chance to make another 40k movie, but good this time, like... Warcraft, but sticking to the lore and not mutilating it, what would you go for? I'd like to see the events of Wrath of Magnus on the big screen, with awesome sfx, personally.

SoS aren't difficult to take out. T3 with 3+ means bolters fuck you up, even non-AP3 ones. It's the Culexus that's the nightmare.

Baneblade and Shadowsword would make a great movie, I'd also like to see the Age of Apostasy siege of Terra.

Eisenhorn trilogy.

Where does the multimelta on a LR go? I've never used one, so need to know where to measure from.

Seems fairly likely, although not sure what the odds of a separate book for wargear are.

In my dream world, they would keep the first two books of the current system (i.e. background and painting guide), split the rules into a couple of books (probably rules, dataslates, wargear and scenarios) and let you buy only what you need. Chances of that actually happening seem pretty slim.

On a somewhat divergent topic, has anyone here played Betrayal at Calth? I've been playing through it with my housemate and his girlfriend (me playing the word bearers, we did a big painting session and two games today) and there seems to be a bit of a bias towards the WB in the games we've played. Their card effects generally seem a little better, they get more dudes, terminators are crippled by only having one per hex and the dreadnaught is a fucking abomination. So far it's 3-0 to me and roomie is getting bit frustrated.

I'd honestly go for the "A Thousand Sons" movie and then maybe a second part with "The Wrath of Magnus"

The Thousand Sons are one of the best stories inside 40k lore imo

I completely agree, but only because I'm a TS fanboy.

I think The Horus Heresy would be great but it would need a full TV series. Single unconnected events would be the ideal material for a 40k movie like one the Wars for Armageddon.

The real question is, which races would you like to see on the big screen represented that aren't the usual Marines/Chaos/Orks/possibly Eldar that are the usual in most forms of 40k media.

I'd vote Nids, Tau and Necrons, they sorely need some media spotlight, Aside from DoW they've never appeared in anything (Fire Warrior game notwithstanding)

The Burning of prospero and the preceding events.

On one of the cupolas, there's two of them so choose one.

Ok, I think I have a guy sticking his head out of there. I can try to measure from there.

Pintle mount, up front. You couldn't just fucking google it or look at the assembly instructions?

No one Hellsreach, really????

I didn't know what a melta gun looked like, it's 2nd first vehicle I've put together.

I'll rather choose something simpler, big events like that need a shit load of back story, Eisenhorn series, the death korps series or the Uriel Ventris series need less background beyond "in the grim darkness of the 40000 millennium...." The Horus heresy is way too long or the gaunt ghosts would be better produce as series.

Hellsreach book would be awesome.

The place you glued it on the god-damn model. You're not trying to use wargear that isn't represented on your citadel miniature are you?

I magnetized all of my stuff

The LR has sponsons, pintle, and turret mounted weapons all magnetized so that I can switch out between redeemer, crusader, and regular.

Also the doors are magnetized, if for some reason I wanted the sponsons on the back

I want the guy who directed mad Max to make a Gunheads movie

Then why did the 1k Sons whimper and moan about Sisters of Silence so much and blame that on their loss, and the psychic jamming.

I for one believe Hellsreach would be perfect as a movie or any astartes stand alone series book and would easily out sell the Warcraft movie

Damn. Ah well, giant chainsaw is cool too.

Personally I think the Forge of Mars books would make a decent movie trilogy, but if I have to pick a GW campaign book it's got to be the Damocles Crusade, but told properly. Most of the rage was made from shitty writing, it would be easy to turn it into a proper war film. It's got everything good, you could pick just one aspect, and you wouldn't have to deal with explaining the whole complex background of the Horus Heresy or the Warp so much.

Because the rhinos get the psychic null field as well.

I'd really enjoy a less "space opera" of the heresy, but more of a character study of Fulgrim in the HH novel.

Imagine something like saving privite ryan, with the fact that there are these huge continent spanning battles going on but you only get to see one big one, and then the rest is just the effects on the characters.

I'd like to see Fulgrims' tragic arc there.

I've always wanted to see a Band of Brothers style miniseries for Gaunt's Ghosts. 10 one hour episodes per season, you could do each book really well.

It also doesn't require a lot of explanation so it's gonna be able to draw more people into it. Straight action fans will just see a bunch soldiers in space killing crazy scary hordes of cultists, people who want more story can listen to how the cultists corrupt everything wherever they go and an entire system of planets is being cleansed of them, and people who are already fans will instantly know what's going on without needing an explanation.

I dunno, because it's in a book and the author will write whatever needs to be written?

I'm talking strictly tabletop

>Usagi taking out Abaddon would be pretty funny
Especially if she did it all by herself.

Someone's already doing something with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg

Who do you think will win Veeky Forums? The Guard or Tyranid hordes?

ALL GUARDSMEN, FOLLOW ME TO GLORY!

Yeah, I would be so down for that. I'd almost want to make it a trilogy, with the first one the Istvaan Virus-Bombing and the second the Dropsite Massacre and the third the walls of Terra, maybe as a White Scar to justify the smaller squad action. Also something from Morturg and Decima's perspective in the first movie.

I find Istvaan V and Ferrus Vs Fulgrim the most emotional and dramatic battle in all of 40K, no matter what the SW and 1Ksons say about Prospero.
I don't even play an Istvaan Legion, I play Mechanicum, but if I had to pick it would probably be EC.

I am too. We played that Scenario yesterday. 1/2 the armies for chaos were 1K sons.
As There was My Slaaneshi force, 1 Khorne Force and some Kids for Chaos. Guess which 3 Armies didn't give a shit about Sister's of Silence, and just obliterated them.

I got overwhelmed last game as Guard by Nids so God speed GGA. I hope you have enough bodies.

Rubrics aren't affected by the null zone, lad. Only psykers are. Clearly he didn't field any of the actual TS infantry.

um what?

We're being nice and offering condolences by saying we'd gladly play you if you were within reach.

>Ferrus Vs Fulgrim the most emotional and dramatic battle in all of 40K

Yes I was actually tearing up reading those parts, it was a really good book imo.

I play imperial fists, and if you lived near me we could play.

oh

I'm not very clever sometimes

OH WOW

Had a good birthday/40kg/

What are you working on?

Happy birthday qt

Was going to convert a Farseer using a Skyweaver jetbike, but I got caught down with a sickness

>wyvern

IG win.

I actually wanted to ask the same thing before going to sleep, but you beat me to it

I've started building and painting a Dreadnought today, did the base colour on the body, a bit on the arms and the legs (the legs already got a wash and some drybrushing). It's all still detachable, so I can get to all the parts, and I'll leave the right weapons arm unglued, so I can easily swap out weapon loadouts. It's pretty tight anyway, and doesn't just slip off.
Hoping to get the Dreadnought ready tomorrow, then I'll start on a Rhino.

Happy birthday!

Finalizing a custom Remora drone, then I'll get to work on a few other units.

Stuff a knight or two in there

I don't know either but that's what they blamed our loss on the Sisters, and the denial of their psychic powers. I don't know much about their army comps I wasn't paying attention to that.

I do agree that TS effectiveness is 90% in the psychic phase. You can't have a shitload of infantry AND a shitload of sorcerers unless you play 3k+ points, but you can still field SOME infantry.

A friend has just finifhed reading "Legion" and he told me it's pretty neat.

What do you think?

We are both a bit alphafags

(I'm also a bit interested in Seventh Serpent)

After fulgrim, legion was my favorite.

Granted I am only now on dark mechanicum

I meant to add this related pic lol

Felt really sad for honan mu at the end there

>no-one liked magnus or perturabo
;_;

Stop taunting me! My guard never get to fight tyranids! I don't even think my store HAS tyranids!

ALL WE HAVE ARE TAU!

Plenty of anons here like Magnus you cry baby

The metahuman supersoldier is secretly very jealous of those manly Voystrian beards.

Yeah and they only had 1k points to work with.

I'm pretty sure he means fluffwise, not many of the primarchs seemed to like them.

nice

the only way I get toys any more is if I buy them for myself

last gift I was given by my family was some cleaning supplies because when they came to visit they thought my stove was dirty. I still try to get them things they might appreciate for their birthdays.

I have no friends so no gifts from anyone else, nor other people to give gifts too. I thought about participating in the /wip/ secret santa last year but was too nervous to do it. Maybe this year I'll get a PO box.

True, but hard to like turbo autists, even if they're your brothers.

I would be too honestly

With the Cadians BTFO, will the real men of the IG Catachans finally take their rightful place in the spotlight?

Fuck Magnus he deserved all the shit he got thrown at, Perturabo in the other hand did try his best to earn the Emperor's recognition but got fucked over by Horus and ultimately got convinced to join the rebellion instead of opposing Horus, Perturabo did had his problems but at least he's more relatable than fucking Magnus.

1) post pictures of the nids horde
2) why are there army men there?

>Plastic catachans are direct-only
I wouldn't hold my breath there

Thinking about writefagging. I have a lot of ideas.

They'll get killed off by orkz and a space whale user.

I am Alpharius.

Look at the terrain. The guy doesn't even have a grass mat, and he's using fake lego as terrain. They're obviously guardsmen.

lol fug... the rumours of IG getting squatted are getting stronger with each day

How good are the chinamans Solar Auxilia?

They dont need a lot of infantry, played a 1500 point game against them yesterday, 10 terminators, 10 rubrics, a heldrake ahriman and a sorcerer, i killed 2 models. Once they get blessings, they are basically immortal, that flying book makes them faster than they appear, and the characters are decent in cc because of biomancy and force. Game was a tie until turn 6 when he was able to score every objective he drew. If i wasnt playing necrons i probably would have lost turn 3, since all their shooting is ap3. Fearless, slow and purposeful, ap3, many strong psykers, formation buffs, All of these things are fine by themselves but combined tsons are just broken and not fun to play against, combined with magnus they are just stupid op.

>Literally billions of Guardsmen in the galaxy
>they all get eaten by Tyranids somehow
Sure thing user.

Forgot army wide 4+invuln

>squatted
Nah they'll get the storm scions treatment and get a new make over so they don't give the generic soldier look, think of something like pic releated.

entirely dependent on the specific chinaman.

They vary greatly.

>tfw you like both magnus and perturabo.

That would be equally a death blow.