Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever played a merfolk before? What would it take to get you to play a merfolk?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Alcoholic_beverages
youtube.com/watch?v=FlMZXtATye4
d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/brewkeeper/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I had an item that gave them people legs but also no voice

You are a man of taste.

I also like jarritos and people like that so I guess people like me because of that :B

An aquatic campaign and for you to die.

I want a male app to mesh with, throw me down and choke me!

Speaking of which, what are other good grapplers besides Hangman and Tetori?

Barbarian is good at grappling and is a strong enough chassis that dropping a feats on it is pretty easy.

Initiators can make good grapplers, I think steel serpent or whatever it is gets a stance with a constrict.

I'm sure there's a lucky man in Blingmaker you'd want doing that to you, user!

Which are your favorites?

Let's talk about alcohol - not just the type of alcohol you enjoy while making a character or playing a character, but what your character him or herself would likely drink.

What are some fantasy brews you've chugged over your gaming career, or perhaps invented all on your own? Does your character have a preference for their alcohols?

Hell, look at this wikipedia page! There's an entire section dedicated to Golarion beers!

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Alcoholic_beverages

Not that user but I want Seska to hold me down and...

I'm thinking about making a yandere deathless ghost for Overlewd, but I can't decide whether to focus on melee shenanigans with some variety of soulknife or Aberrant Aegis or whatever, or to go full into MAXIMUM TELEKINESIS EVERYTHING with a spellcaster class. Any thoughts?

I like Gregori's picture a lot but he seems too shy to act like the savage rapist of my dreams.

Kyras, Sigmund and Stanislaw have the sort of chad thundercock thing going on. But my favorite is Madzaz because of weird goblin dick

There's already an abundance of melee people. Stand out above the crowd! Be ranged!

youtube.com/watch?v=FlMZXtATye4

Well, Kyras and Andrik at least have that lovable jock thing going on. One's probably going to admit that he's insecure and that your party is the first friends he's had in forever, the other's just a really mellow guy who's gonna be a true bro.

I was considering maybe Psychic Armory, with the panoply all taking shapes of important objects from her life or things like that.

Is there a way get Soulknife to run off Cha instead of Wis, though?

You know what they say about the quiet ones...

How do you fix CMB/CMD. Just make them regular attacks?

The thought occurred to me earlier that even though Blingmaker has seen a lot of characters getting memed, none of them really got memed long term. Remember when Tanith was getting memed? Or Seska after that? Or Kyras/Milre after that? Or Franze after that? Or Andrik after that (the only person mentioned so far that's still at least kind of memed)?

The only person from Blingmaker that's been consistently memed is Harland AKA Nugget Man.

What's that say about Blingmaker? Is the game itself simply less memeable, or is it that many characters have been popular but a new popular one comes along and knocks them out of the spotlight? Or is it because Blingmaker hasn't been getting shilled in the threads much?

Alright, so I know that SoM is currently a hot mess because of Ssalard, but lets talk about the cool things in it that aren't a mess, or that we want to do with it.

Personally, I'd love to make acharacter built around Barroom Sphere, so he can fight people with ladders or even kill someone with a fucking pencil!

Take a look at the Fool's Errand playtest, and the way its "lock" mechanic works as an alternative to grapples.

tl;dr: just use saving throws with a DC set based on your relevant stats and level or class level

People mostly shill themselves I think, maybe the blingmaker apps are just more honest.

Strangler archetype for brawler looks good on paper but get completely shat on with the removal of the unarmed strike feature. Meaning they loose improved unarmed strike the feat, which the need in order to use improved grapple. It's fucking stupid.

there's no problem to fix, they're fine

Kingdom building is shit and people have realized this

Kyras seems to have been driven onward by occasional shilling, yes, but at least he fucked off after it became clear that he was doing it too much.

Isn't that a GOOD thing, though? That we should strive to only meme when a good crop comes up, and after our fun is through we move onto other things?

Yeah, it's fundamentally fucked up in a way that goes well beyond most bad archetypes.

What even is a long term meme app? Who would want to be mentioned every fucking thread?

Y'know, it's funny watching the sudden shift in desirable male traits. We somehow did a hard right turn from "calm, nurturing, bland daddy-fetish archetype" to "CHOKE ME AND HATE ME"

Hrmmm personally I'd want Azuk, Sigmund, or Andrik to be rough and manhandle my small character. I'm not too sure about Kyras cause of his meme status.

CHOKE ME AND STEP ON ME is my default desirable female traits so maybe it makes sense.

Why can't it be choke on me and love me? WHY NOT BOTH user?

I tend to agree. I think new apps got a bit of attention from the general in general, but the players didn't really shill for themselves and so nothing really quite stuck. Blingmaker itself is pretty solid meme material I think, so it wouldn't have taken a lot to make a Blingmaker character achieve TrueMeme status.

If the Blingmaker players are less shilly... That's probably good? I hope Blingmaker doesn't go offer the radar when it starts though, because greentexts from it should be interesting unless the DM manages to completely flop or it's a bamboozle.

Kyras only got memed as one half of the Kyras/Milre ship, IIRC.

Yeah, I agree. Apps aren't worth meming long term. You meme the game long term, like once the characters have actually been picked and greentexts start coming and shit. I think that'd be right, anyway, but in practice I don't think it happens. Does it? I haven't paid too much attention to most /pfg/ games.

Why was he memed in the first place, anyhow? Apart from an occasional [CAPSLOCK HEEL PROMO]Normal, kinda hesitant real talk I don't remember that much going on.

It can be both, I don't mind as long as it's rough.

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think your app has much to carry itself on besides memes and having a high lewdness factor. But that's just, like, my opinion man.

>Have you ever played a merfolk before?
Not in Pathfinder. There was an online freeform a million years ago that I played a mermaid in. Her name was Atl. Because Atlantis, get it?

Yeah, I know, but I was a kid, give me some slack.

Mostly with the shipping wars at the beginning.

>My small character

Milre pls calm down.

To be fair, most of the girls are kind of small. Milre is just Small.

Kyras might surprise people--his player keeps it on the down low, but he's got a filthy mind.

See . He's got a decent app, but I think he only got memed because people were obssessed with him stretching smol gril Milre. Myself included, since I have a degenerate size kink.

You're all making a lot of assumptions, you should really listen to this guy You sure about that user? You reeeeaally sure about that?

He made F-list profiles for two of his other characters. And he was the first to give in when Shayliss brought folks down to the basement

Hey /pfg/,

I'm trying to put together an alchemist and I could really use some help. To preface, I'm pretty new to the game so I'm not super experienced in how a lot of the rules work yet. That said, how would you go about optimizing an alchemist that's setting out to become a Brewkeeper?

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/brewkeeper/

I keep going back and forth on which archetypes I should be looking at, what my playstyle should be, etc. The end goal is to be playing a Brewkeeper while also not being a complete detriment to the group.

I don't really care for bombs much (as they don't seem to fit the Brewkeeper theme very well), but at the same time it appears as though they're necessary to make the class work (since Harmful Homebrew works best with splash weapon... like a bomb, for example). Are there any other reliable splash weapons I could look into? Everything I've found, with the exception of bombs, seems clunky at best.

Since bombs are likely very helpful in making the Brewkeeper work, the Vivisectionist/Beastmorph build looks dead in the water. If I felt like the bomb playstyle fit the character more, I would likely go with a build that min/maxes my bombs, but the character I've got planned out really has no interest in doing something so destructive. I'm feeling like that leaves me a little restricted.

After that I was considering maybe doing something with Chirurgeon and healing bombs, but based on everything I've read they're just completely useless. I like the idea of playing a healing alchemist a lot, but there's no way I'm going to bother if combat is going to consist of nothing but me fiddling with bombs and extracts just so I can do some mediocre (at best) healing.

So I'm stumped. It really feels like what I want to do with the character isn't particularly complicated, but achieving it is starting to feel like an impossible task.

Please help.

>f-list
That's lewd user.

>Someone's making a Brewkeeper

I'm fucking awful at making characters so I apologize that I can't help you, but man oh man was that an archetype everyone seemed excited for when it hit the General.

GOD DAMNIT RUBADUB, YOUR WEAK WILL CAUSED EVERYTHING TO FALL APART

Really, no one else wants to do fun things with SoM? Have Ssalarn and 2hu poisoned the well for everyone?

"That's not where that goes!"

I want to make one so goddamn bad. I'm totally clueless as to how to make it work but it seems like a ton of fun to play.

Personally, I hope that it will quiet down once Blingmaker starts. Every other game suddenly chills out and turns more normal.

D RANK WISDOM

You should see the f-list for my character.

In a /pfg/ game

right now.

>tfw nobody in my group will ever play merfolk
>tfw want to play cerulean seas so bad so i have a valid excuse to play a merfolk
>tfw nobody wants to learn the rules despite them being not that hard

I'll bite.

Oh no.

Its a s e c r e t

I wonder who has the filthiest F-list, and who has the most vanilla one?

It's Gamze

Well my F-lists are made character specific, not my own

But the most vanilla was pretty unsurprising.

Mine is definitely nowhere near being vanilla.

How do I even search up F-lists? Are they all "private" unless you link them.

Tanglefoot Bags, Fuse Grenades, and Holy Water are all useful splash weapons.
By using your harmful homebrew on a tanglefoot bag, you can essentially gen an enemy heavily debuffed by at least 2-3 rounds, allowing your allies to focus on either more dangerous foes, ground fliers, exhaust and stun enemy barbs, or fuck with an enemy caster.

>the most vanilla one?
I can almost guarantee I do.

Where did you hear that? It's hilarious.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's an F-list?

Same here. My characters tend to be mostly kind of vanilla, into rough but loving stuff at worst. The hard stuff I save for dedicated F-chat-going profiles.

There's definitely a way

Basically a website that lets you catalogue all your degenerate fetishes.

I feel like a jerk. I misbalanced ONE encounter and now I've upset my PCs.

I didn't think two (2) lurkers above would be too much

Going Jackie Chan with the Barroom does sound like good clean fun.

I think mixing Barroom, Scoundrel, Scout, and Open Hand would make for an interesting character. Frequently drunk and not so much a skilled pugilist as a crafty and shameless son of a bitch who is not above poking people in the eyes, kicking them in the nuts, and tying them up with their own shirt and pants while pretending to drunkenly bumble through a fight and then kicking the crap out of them when these shenanigans create an opening.

Berserking+Brute+Duelist also looks like it's got some fun things for playing a juggernaut-type. Hurl enemies around with the Brute Sphere and slam them into walls and people, deal out attacks that leave people battered and bleeding, while absorbing a shitton of punishment with a mix of DR/Bludgeoning and temp HP.

Athletics Sphere also seems pretty nice to get your Prince of Persia on, too.

As is suggesting, go not for a direct damage character but entirely for someone built around being an area of control asshole, the guy that entangles, prones, and sickens his enemies while providing buffs to friends.

that is a cute mermaid OP.
i played cerulean seas campaign, it was alot of fun, i was a druid and i had a dollphin animal friend named fluffy

How? Do I need to make an account?

You might have to have an account, yeah.

>>tfw nobody in my group will ever play merfolk
>>tfw want to play cerulean seas so bad so i have a valid excuse to play a merfolk
>>tfw nobody wants to learn the rules despite them being not that hard

the bouyancy rules are actually pretty horific

Honestly most of the characters I do for lewd RP tend to follow a similar ERP format that my main f-list has. At least for female characters, which is always usually some form of hard stuff.

>Do I need to make an account?
Yes.

But you can make a F-list for every character you ever make. Listing exactly what turns them on and what turns them off. Then you can share with with any prospective partner and they'll have a better idea of what your character is into.

They look fun, but I've never had the chance to test them in play. It's better than just effectively giving everyone a fly speed.

Well, now that I'm running an evil game, I might start bringing a bit more of that to the fore.
No promises though.

>mfw a man is asking a perfectly answerable question above and all we can talk about is how rough you want it

God dammit.

I want it really rough user!

Those are the sorts of things I was looking at, but I was worried they'd be a bit cost-prohibitive over time. Since alchemists can make a number of bombs for free every day, I figured that would just be the most reasonable choice, at least as a 1st level character.

I just can't really find a way to make the bomb-heavy playstyle fit the character I want to play, and I definitely don't want to have to dedicate a bunch of feats to something I plan on transitioning away from eventually.

It's a .net website where you make character profiles for ERP, with its main feature being an extensive list of kinks you can categorize in terms of how much you like them. Depending on who you ask, the F in F-List stands for either Furry or Fuck, I think originally it was pretty much just furries but now there are a lot of non-furries there too.

There's also a Veeky Forums Chatroom in their IRC (which is called F-Chat), though I don't know that there are that many people there who actually frequent Veeky Forums.

Yes, but you just make a master account that you can then make many characters for. You can choose whether or not other people can see that your various characters are all yours or not.

Running away is a valid option. Not their dumb fault they stayed and fought.

>I just can't really find a way to make the bomb-heavy playstyle fit the character I want to play,
How about you tell us a bit more about said character? Perhaps Alchemist may not be the best way to get into the PrC for them
Also
>at least as a 1st level character.
You're not going to be getting into the PrC until at least 5th level, you can stand to have a different play style until then

there are 3 pages of rules dealing with bouyancy

Tell us about this character, user. Help us help you.

Where are they from? How were they raised? Why do they love alcohol?

Yes I know. I like how they look, but again I've never actually seen them in play so I have no idea how detrimental to the game they are.

>Running away is a valid option.
That's like asking them to power off their PS3. Yes the option was always there but sometimes they don't see it until after the fact.

I don't have a lot of help to offer, other than suggesting you buy a Hybridization Funnel because they're great for anybody that wants to use splash weapons. Also, take the Alchemical Strike feat.

When I make a character, I have to decide whether they're meant to be lewd or not because I can't bring myself to do lewd things with a character I thought of as non-lewd while making.

This OP actually gave me an idea. How about a Mermaid synthesist summoner? It would basically mean they would have to be wheeled around like a cripple outside combat, but could grow armor on a whim and go ham.

Mine is Andrik, but that's because he's cute!

For me, SoM is unappealing because besides the specific trouble points, the overall thing doesn't look like it's going to actually serve as a better PoW replacement rather than just a different PoW equivalent.