Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1446: Time Cube Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/DBXDuipL
pastebin.com/06ieRHLc
youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM
mangapark.me/manga/youjo-senki-1/s5/c1/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Continuing on pastebin.com/DBXDuipL

>Swampborne Stagger
I'll look into it.

>perfect defence primacy
Well the way it works is that there are conditions in which you can't dodge or parry, the way it works is that such things get around Perfects by saying they are not-applicable. Some Perfects are so Perfect they explicitly say you can block even the unblockable/Dodge the Undodgeable. Perfects are expensive and have some odd interactions with such spell and techniques.

>No, you don't.
Er... > A being of any other origin than Kami that has Jumper of Flesh and Spirit gets a free purchase of this as well. Kami with Jumper of Flesh and Spirit will get three free purchases, so six links total.

Yeah you do.

>Having an option even mention in-jump purchases is questionable
I wanted to be clear on what it did and this word is fairly clear.

>The way it is now, the reflections wouldn't even have memories and skills obtained elsewhere.
Are you talking about the Jumper of Spirit and Flesh here or the Duplication Magic? I can't tell with your terms flipping around.

I've been gone for about two weeks, any update on WoW?

pastebin.com/06ieRHLc

Continuation of writechain, in Rurouni Kenshin.
>tl;dr Everything goes wrong. Everything.
Warning: This one isn't very funny.

I get that, it just seemed odd that this spell goes out of its' way to say even Charm-empowered parries don't work.

That's not true. Out of FF1,6,7,8 and 11 Gilgamesh only appears in 8 as a GF and 11 as a random NPC. Until the user that claimed the other jumps finishes them, you only get 2 Gilgameshes out of FF.

Will you fuck off? We were talking about Fate/GO you sour grape.

It doesn't really go out of it's way to say that, as far as I can tell?

>Once the orb has exploded, the outpouring light cannot be parried and may only be dodged or soaked by means of perfect defenses.

ITT: We start this "nonexistent jump" bullshit again.

Honestly if you wanted to be a salt monster over Final Fantasy you didn't even get all the ones you're supposed to pretend are the only ones we've got when shitposting.
God it's like you don't even like FFTA or something.
Not like Gilgamesh is in that one, but you shouldn't forget it.

How big are the corpses of the Neverborn?

Unblockable is unblockable unless you have a charm that explicitly states that it blocks unblockable things, at which point Defense Primacy is once more in the parry's favor. It's odd.

I think he means that if you just bought Divine Intervention without anything else, a large part of the perk's effects would do nothing.

Personally, while I like the perk a lot, I think he has a point in that it can be very empty if you don't have the right background or additional purchases, although I disagree with his logic in that even if in-setting Kami do not acquire their abilities through point-buy purchases, the Jumper's own acquisition of stuff through CP purchases is an abstraction that doesn't need to be directly equated with how it works in-setting.

Uh, what I'm getting at here, is that making one Symbolic Link free with Divine Intervention could fix it, even if it's a band-aid type of thing. Your call on whether you should bother doing so.

But senpai the jumps don't exist and you can't look them up in the drive :^)

The jumps don't exist until they're replaced why is that so difficult for you to understand?

My bad on forgetting FFTA

So I managed to p̶r̶o̶c̶r̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶a̶t̶e̶ find enough time to work a little more on Marvel Magic. Here's a minor update if anyone is interested.

Find me FFXV on the drive. Oh wait you can't because we rejected it for being trash.

And given how much you keep pushing this fucking envelope like a politician with something to prove, your intellect doesn't exist far as I'm concerned.

Let people jump what they fucking want to jump and stop pretending like you have any degree of clout you sack of rejected garbage.

Ah I see! That makes a ton more sense, however he was talking about the clones to begin with which means the Jumper of Spirit and Flesh thing was a valid argument.

If he's talking about that then I guess you're right. Band-aid application might be a thing, just a note that if you have no Symbolic Links you gain one of your choice with the purchase of the Capstone would be good?

Thanks for the explanation!

They're described as tomb-cities. But spatial dimensions are /really/ weird down there by Mouth of the Void.

Gilgamesh in 11 is a samurai pirate though.

He also shows up in 10 doesn't he? As a summon?

It was never posted to be rejected.
There was a desire for it, but interest waned when people realized that someone was literally running a cyber bullying campaign to fuck with anyone who expressed favorable opinions about it.
So no it wasn't rejected. Someone quite a lot like you was just such a collosal shitter that it wasn't worth the trouble uploading here.

Just ignore them, anons.

Seriously. They do this only to get a rise out of people. Let them fester already.

No.

People are only allowed to jump what I SAY they're allowed to jump.

> devour other pocket dimensions that you gain
Vid-related. Don't actually stop.

youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Which one of the FFs are up for replacement? If I've played them I'll make a jump for it. Or who has the current claim on them right now?

Fuck off already, hombre.

Would it even be possible to create a time cube planet? What would something like that even take to create?

You're right. Lets argue about perfect defenses instead.

Do you think Sting would be enough to beat Adamant Skin Technique?
I don't think so, but since sting beats everything but magic and conceptual stuff which can merely "stand a chance" I dont' know.

>Gilgamesh in 11 is a samurai pirate though.
Maybe it is a good thing I stopped playing FF

I ask a question and you decide to blow a fuse?

You could replace FF6 if you want.

Coin-flip.

Heads, Sting wins.
Tails, Adamant Skin Technique wins.

Are multiple purchases of Domain discounted?

Within the Exalted jumps, Adamant Skin Technique.

Out of the Exalted jumps,

Does a weapon imported into Soul Sword become unable to harm mundane matter?

Why is being God of a single element and being God of all Magic priced the same? One is far, far better then the other.

>dimension lord v2 hell edition
I shouldn't like it as much as I do. I'm not even a demon kind of guy, but it's definitely got the kind of swag I want.

I don't think you actually listed the origins?

Adamant Skin is soak. Sting is something that punches through things by being unsoakable. Adamant Skin doesn't have an 'Soaks the Unsoakable' clause so it'd go to Sting if I'm thinking about these interactions right.

They're just pissed because it's been used a shitposting point for so long and no one has bothered to actually replace the jumps. Nine, ten, twelve, thirteen, fourteen are all up for replacement and a couple of the smaller FFs too, probably look on the drive and just ask to check

>Within the Exalted jumps, Adamant Skin Technique.

Home field advantage?

It's funny how many things are just DC Occult's stuff with a different name and buffed more.

Neat an actual ruling. I was just trying to make a distraction, but it's nice to know there's a real answer.

Not all gods are equal. News at 11. Also, it says that your power and resistances are decreased the broader your domain.

>Black Swans
Whats the background on this? Anyways, can't wait to see it finished.

It's going like garbage because the jumpmaker is actually, legitimately garbage.

Defensive Primacy is mainly a part of the Shinma I think? Been a while since I got into the gritty details.

So why does it give examples for those two types of Gods where the Magic one can cast magic just by thinking about what he wants to happen and the lightning one can call down a lightning bolt. If they're meant to be weaker the broader you are, the perk certainly doesn't reflect that with it's examples. If they're not equal, they shouldn't be priced as equal.

But here's one point you're forgetting, shitposter.

Dirge acquiesced the jumps to Brutus. So technically, you need to ask Brutus for the right to replace them.

There has been, but since it's all been spoilered anonymous posts instead of a pastebin I couldn't direct you.

Thanks. I'll take a crack at 10. Didn't play much FF after that

Would Exalted Shaping Defenses work against Ziz and Behemoth's respective dickery in Worm? Do Terrestrials have access to Shaping Defenses?

>That whole 6+ custom charms argument
I can't be the only one who literally couldn't give less of a shit about charms, right?

When it came to wanking the DnD spells I have, I didn't actually fucking bother to look any up or do the leg work of creating my own, I just fucking made up that I had it, because why wouldn't I? Jumpchain is single player, why should it matter how I wank how I use a customization magic system?

So disallowing custom 6+ charms is meaningless, because what do I fucking give a shit about essence level? You're basically just saying I have to use canon spells exclusively as a wizard above 5th level spells, which to me is just bollocks, because I never bothered to think about what level my spells were as a wizard, so why should I have to think about what fucking essence level my charms are?

The answer is, I'm not going to bother at all. I'm still just going to wank that I can basically do whatever I want with charms up until an arbitrary point where I can't anymore, placing that limitation lower artificially is dumb because you're basically scare someone will have to use their imagination.

No we don't.

Brutus owns nothing but the drive.

:^)

You'll need to make it better than the one we already have.
Might want to take a look at it to see what your in for before throwing your hat in the ring.

How are Youko Senki and WW2 jumps coming along?
Did somebody say they were going to redo Familiar of Zero?

Is Incubator stuff from Madoka Magica suffciently advanced technology or genuine magic? Or some weird combination of the two?

Leave it in the last thread bozo.

You make a jump better then the current one and I will live-stream myself setting my house on fire.

Please don't. I like the jump that exists thank you. I'd rather you work on something new than replace a jump that is already serviceable and content rich with something lesser.

Dirge made his stuff open to remakes before then, he gave his jumps to Brutus but Brutus has said nothing revoking that permission.

No. Fuck you. Your word doesn't mean anything when it comes to what stays on the drive.

If you mean what magical girls do after getting their soul removed it's magic.
If you mean the removal process then probably not. Incubators don't have the emotional capacity to be good at magic so I don't think they are using it much..

What difference does it make if he wants to make the jump? He can just make it and upload it for Brutus to decide later if you want to call Brutus the jumpmaker. It seems kind of stupid that you only bring this up whenever it suits your argument but you don't credit Brutus for being the jumpmaker any other time.

There's no in setting justification for why defense trumps offense in Exalted. That's just how their powers work.

Really, I think Sting could get an object inside of a Solar, or even cut their limbs off which is a Crippling effect instead of damage, but they would still take 0 damage from that happening.

>Youko Senki
Does that have a manga, or are the images I keep seeing just from the LN?

So you're going to shit all over Brutus too? Why not make your own fucking drive to manage your own fucking collection of jumps then?

It'll be a lot easier than- Oh wait, it's actually harder than shitposting endlessly. That'd explain 90% of this.

He'll make a jump 12 pages long and say that it's better than the one that exists because it's 'concise'.

The FF10 jump is probably one of the worse ones Dirge made actually. It's good but nowhere near the level of effort of something like FF14 or Ragnarok Online. I could see someone being able to at least equal it.

Could I use the Canon Companion option in Blame to get both versions of Sanakan (full safeguard and Killy-Lite)?

>12 pages
>implying

Try five. And it'll be in ebonics like the Viking Saga jump.

Like what? There's Hell Lord and the generic magic perks. One's all but iconic and the other's pretty much mandatory for a jump about magic.

I thought we were supposed to make jumps that reflect the setting, not make a jump that's judged against another one. I liked the game, if it's open for a remake I don't see why I have to match some random standards that no other jumpmaker is held against.

How dare you bring up a Dirge jump.

Be ashamed.

?

Rolled 1 (1d2)

1 Sting wins.

2 AST wins.

So the process of creating magical girls is SAT, but magical girls themselves use genuine magic? Alright, I can work with that. Thanks, user.

See since user wants to throw Brutus under the bus so badly.

It has an LN, a manga, and an anime. The art from the LN and the manga are both pretty good, so it could be either. If there's text on the page, it's from the manga, though.
The anime art is very much a divergence from either.

Not him, but for a lot of Dirge's jumps I feel they barely represent the setting. Like someone looked at the setting's wikipedia page and made a jump out of it. Like HPMoR.

Wow, that must really Sting.

Because we fucking have a jump and it's better than what you will make. I know, because you aren't going to fucking make it, because you're just using this as an excuse to shitpost.

Got a site I can read the manga on?

He is actually a pretty cool guy

Yeah it's ... Chaos-Warding Prana I think?

>There's no in setting justification for why defense trumps offense in Exalted.
Weird I remember there being one.

>Really, I think Sting could get an object inside of a Solar, or even cut their limbs off which is a Crippling effect instead of damage, but they would still take 0 damage from that happening.
Not really a counter point or anything but Unsoakable damage does happen, I mean you could Parry or Dodge Sting, via essence quackery making you perfectly block or dodge the attack in every conceivable dimension, but the damage itself might be Unsoakable. However that depends on how you categories the effects of Sting so a Jumper to Jumper basis would be better.

Because you want to replace it you will need to do better. Otherwise you have done nothing productive and have ruined it for everyone including yourself.
If you reflect the setting better than that is still doing better, but you should strive to be superior in all ways.

ITT: rampant autism instead of being logical and maintaining a personal drive for jumps.

None of you care about this. None of you legitimately, REMOTELY care about the subject you're arguing.

You're doing this just to be assholes.

Not even the Veeky Forums method of just being an asshole, you're being the CUNTY kind of asshole.

I mean, that's just like, your opinion man. And it's also wrong, but still.

>I know, because you aren't going to fucking make it
It'll be made, no worries about that. I'm not going to bother listening to your standards though, not when multiple people here have already pointed out that the existing jump isn't good.

SO MANY COMPANIONS.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

The existing jump is good.
It just isn't up to his normal standards.
Which are miles above yours apparantly.

Botato, or just google "youjo senki manga"
mangapark.me/manga/youjo-senki-1/s5/c1/1

This is why jumps need to just be three pages of numbers.

Nobody reads the fluff anyway. Nobody cares about that. They want the numbers and the crunch.

>It'll be made, no worries about that.
I've seen this posted by antired so many times it's started to become funny.
You are a joke.

I feel it's less the content and more that his personal narrative overtakes the setting itself, particularly with that survey team stuff.

See and

Why did you quote yourself?

It wasn't the "by charms" part that confused me, mostly.

Also, that...was SUPPOSED to be mostly a joke because I sometimes write very long combos and ramble on and on until I get a headache and forgot what I was trying to achieve. It's supposed to be total nonsense vaguely based on things I think about a lot; I seriously considered just typing "unintelligible gibbering from beyond the shores of reason".

Although the basic concept may or may not have had something to do with a wild idea I had about EX Rank Concealment, Nobody physiology, Page of Void and using Worldwalker's access to the Nevernever to-nope, nope I promised myself I wouldn't give myself combo brain freeze again by thinking too hard about this.

In all seriousness, as far as I know you just get the one Sanakan since she's her own person not a clone or anything

You're probably right, but FF10 does has some pretty big problems, like a whole load of perks that are exclusive to their background for no reason and a bloated blitzball section with exclusive blitzball perks for companions and a special snowflake mechanic for determining how you decide who can buy what.

Adamant Skin Technique is not a soak. "Perfect Soak" is fanspeak because it works sort of like a perfect defense. If you activate AST, it reduces the raw and final damage of an attack to 0 after all other modifiers, regardless of whether it is unsoakable.