Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

First for OP Edition

Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=65vuvFiUpJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old Thread
SWAG
WIP

Dolphins are monstrous serial rapists and bullies that don't deserve to live.

would a tau army with no battle suits of any kind still be cheese? what if it also had no marker lights?

What an interesting first post.

Markerlights would be the only thing keeping you viable if you went full footslogging, Tau infantry don't handle nearly as well as the likes of blobguard or MSU codex marines.

I'm still building up my Tau (waiting on kits and the book to arrive), so I'm really unsure how many markerlights are needed to support hammerheads. Obviously they help, but allocating a lot of points/models to markerlights feels like overkill. How do I find the right balance?

Marker lights don't bother me as much as the smart missiles and riptides. I just lost the second game in my Taros Campaign mostly because of a Riptide with fnp and a 2+/4++ save. Like Jesus I'm pulling out the Imperial Armor Battle group as an allied detachment just to get a tank commander with the Instant Death round to kill that giant anime suit.

blame previous general, I still stand by what i said earlier.
Dolphins are nothing compared to insects

>Scrolls of Power
>25pts, One Use Only
>At the start of the game pick single WC1 power from BRB, Angels of Death or Chaos Gods disciplines. During your psychic phase, you can choose to instantly manifest this power as normal. No rolls to harness are required and no attempts to Deny the Witch can be made

Y/N?

>guaranteed non-primaris powers of your choosing from a sizable chunk of nearly every non-codex specific discipline
>no rolling for any of the crap you normally need
>bypass DtW completely

Fuck yes you take it.

Practice. But having one source of marlerlights (As in 4-5 pathfinders/drones) every 500 points is a good start from where you should find your own balance.

This was meant forStupid phone

I've posted a few variations of this list before, and I swear I will stop posting it from here on out, but I am totally oblivious to how many marker drones a list like this should take

why not make invisible deathstars even more powerful?

It costs as much as standard ML though

You wake up tomorrow and are in the world of 40k. Pick a race. Now... what do?

Dolphins are a Slaneeshian CSM chapter now

It's auto pick, auto success, no counter.

Thousand Sons. Learn to be a super stronk sorcerer and use all the cool tools like powers of Tzeentch at my disposal to try getting rid of space furries with a tide of rubrics and slaves.

Tinkering with 1850 Thousand Sons for a tournament in a couple months. I just don't think Ahriman's Exiles is viable with a Grand Coven.

Not sure about the Screamer, and I've still got 38 points to play with. Maybe swap the Screamers for a Soul Grinder or more Horrors or another Herald or another Sorcerer? Just give in and replace it with the Heralds Anarchic?

++Grand Coven
+War Cabal
Ahriman- Disc- 260
Exalted Sorcerer- Disc, MoTz, ML3, Spell Familiar, Seer's Bane- 270
Sorcerer- Terminator Armor, Astral Grimoire, ML3, Spell Familiar, MoTz, VotLW- 195
Rubric Marines (5)- Rhino- 185
Scarab Occult (5)- Soulreaper Cannon, Hellfyre Missiles- 300
+Legion Armoury
Vindicator- Daemonic Possession- 135
++Daemon CAD
Herald of Tzeentch- Paradox, ML3- 120
Pink Horrors (11)- 99
Pink Horrors (11)- 99
Screamers of Tzeentch (3)- 75
Screamers of Tzeentch (3)- 75

Is Typhus worth it to bring Plague Zombie LatD?

1000 pt Boring as fuck Imperial Fists all comers list.
Most exciting part of building this was deciding between CAD or a demi co

Give me some feedback and improvements on this list tbqh fampais

FUCKA YOU WHALE, FUCKA YOU DOLPHAN

Looks good.

He'll get buffed and probably get a new miniature in the next month.

Drop shit to add Astral Grimoire.

Exalted needs ML3 and Familiar and a Disc. Only take the Exalted if you want him to be in combat, and he'll want the Seer's Bane for combat.

Ten man Rubric squad is stupid.

Are we able to rejoice in the fact that the Night Lords theme song has been found at last?

Building 30k Alpha Legion, I need some help :

HQ : ?

Troops [2]

20x Legion Tactical Squad (250 pts)
> 1x Sergeant : Artificer armour; Power fist; Power dagger
> 19x Additional combat blades
→ 320 pts

20x Legion Tactical Squad (250 pts)
> 1x Sergeant : Artificer armour; Power fist; Power dagger
> 19x Additional combat blades
→ 320 pts

Heavy Support [1]

> 1x Sicaran Battle Tank (135 pts)
> 1x Heavy bolters (sponson weapons)
→ 155 pts

Questions :
> Are Saboteurs, Headhunters and Lernaean really worth it ?
> I'm thinking about 5x lascannon Iron Havocs with Rewards of Treason. Worth it ?
> I'd like to use Infiltrate and then blob in CC with Tactical squads, could this be a nice thing to do with AL ?

Fluffy as fuck, i like it but Ahriman and ExSorc too expensive for what they do at that points level. Recommend to basic Sorcs loaded up to the gills to 170 (with disc, MoT, ML3 and familiar). You'll save 95 points. You're not getting the Favoured bonus so consider making joining two of those SO squads (save more points on their sorc but lose 2 WC, be advised), and give one of your main termie sorcs the astral grimoire or something, make them superspeedy. Give the other Termie Sorc either attached to the other SO squad with a burning Brand perhaps or just run him with a disc.

Otherwise not bad, seems fun. just don't expect to win a lot of tougher armies.

>Daemons
Ehhh. Don't worry, it's a tourney so its effective, i just hate them and their prevalence in "TS" armies. At least you had the decency to take rubrics and SO. It's not bad at all, but I'd consider the same advice I gave to the other poster about Ahriman and the ExSorc.

>He'll get buffed
Just a roll/Automatic pick form the new Nurgle Warlord list would be enough.

Anything but fucking Fear.

Anyways it's for a game on the 29th.

Get Dozer Blades on your Rhino and Vindicator. Maybe some Melta-Bombs on your sorcerers.

This is bait.

I think he is worth it, but it depends on how WAAC faggy your opponents are. In a kill points game, you are fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=65vuvFiUpJI

you're about 6 years too late, actually

>Woman is being assaulted by an rapist. She cries out in outrage and anger. Khorne answers and grants her the power to defend herself and violently slay her rapist

>A mother with a sick child prays to any power out there to save her child. Nurgle answers and causes the disease to enter remission and become dormant. The child enjoys many years of life.

>A struggling artists desperately looks for muse. Slaanesh enters his mind and inspires him to make great (though disturbing) works of art

>A seeker of knowledge and truth is lost on the path, unsure where to proceed. Tzeentch lights his path with the flame of change and hope. Guiding him to the hidden truths he long have sought.

Tell me again why are the Chaos Gods considered evil?

Because, while there are glimmering moments of goodness, their overall aims are pretty fucked up, and the goodness happens hardly ever. Not to mention all of them exact a price.

>Khorne has given you this power, now use it to kill more, or he will send his dogs after you.

>Nurgle turns the child into a plaguebearer after he finally dies, whether at the time of prayer or many years later.

>Slaanesh will eventually drive this man mad seeking perfection

>Tzeentch most of all will exact a price in exchange, he has favours owed by most of his patronage.

Oh that is a cute tune, it perfectly suits the 80s Night Lords.
I wouldn't say it suits the modern day Night Lords at all though. I am guessing you don't know their fluff very well?

Are the tempestus scions any good?

They're half batman half Rorschach right.

Because they own your soul for all eternity where you will suffer.

It comes down to whether you would prefer to be raped in life, to go to heaven when you die, or not being raped in life, to have your soul get raped for all eternity.

They're evil because those who play with the devil's toys will be drawn by degrees to wield his sword. Chaos is supposed to be tempting, it offers you all this wonderful power and seemingly only asks you be yourself. And you do. And you destroy yourself.

What is the best spray can white primer?
(True primer, not base coat like citadel ones)

Oh dear, that is a very stale meme, friendo.
I think I can speak for everyone when I say it would be appreciated if you could try harder next time.

does humanity go to heaven? Did the emperor get around to building that?

absolutely, just make sure they do enough damage to make the reward worth the risk.

Try harder to what? I'm not well versed with their lore, but they use terror tactics, don't like chaos, and do like murder. So I guess disregard the batman and rorschach part, they don't really seek justice anymore. They're serial killers then?

Because this is a grimdark monkey paw settings and the woman will end up as a chaos spawn rampaging through her community and killing anyone stupid enough to get close to her, the child will spread a super virus immune to any treatment and then everyone else is a zombie, the artist piece corrupts anyone close to it and destroy the observant sanity and promotes depravation and then the last one, Magnus, that's all the haven't been a mayor fuck up than that in the whole Galaxy, that knowledge will end up as your downfall 9 out of 9 times, above everything the chaos gods want to see you suffer

Because they were retconned, unfortunately. I still hold onto that belief though, it makes Chaos actually interesting. Besides, the lore says "It's so persuasive!" but how? Cause it gives you a bit of power for sickfuckery?

I find subversive displays that speak to a human's essence a lot more persuasive. An honest person who brooks no bullshit is surrounded by sneaky silver-tongued cunts, there's no escape as webs of deceit lie everywhere. He meets one person who introduces him to a group of friends who worship Khorne who stands for straightforwardness and dealing with your problems head-on. Slowly corrupted to do ever-increasing acts of bloodshed to deal with said sneaky cunts.

Like imagine if your group of friends was prone to drama and you know a handful of twats are the ones spreading shit but everybody denies it. How many times have you wanted to just deck them in the face and browbeat them into submission. "For every lie you spread, you get another punch to the stomach, learn your fucking place!". Said Khornate takes this to another level. Eventually punches turn to stab wounds and you understand the rest.

Chaos is born out of and fed by humans. It should represent all the good and bad and all the countless facets in between.

No, there is no heaven in 40K. Most souls in 40K dissolve into the Warp. A relatively quick but painfully process. It feels like being burned away.

Strong souls such those of psykers linger in the Warp. They are mostly consumed by daemons who hunt them down.

>All the normies telling you to 'just be yourself bro' are actually unwitting minions of the Chaos God trying to destroy your soul.

At last I truly see.

You're displaying a shocking amount of ignorance towards the methods and boons of the chaos gods.

I suggest reading the Liber Chaotica series.

Krylon works fine as long as you don't over-spray.

If you die in service to the Emperor, your soul will go to fight with him and all the other martyrs in the final battle at the end of time.

>believing in imperial propaganda

So technically if you wanted a chance at immortality, chaos would be your best bet anyway?

recently i heard several people talk about MEQ`s, TEQ`s and stuff like that, but i dont really understand it, could anyone here please explain it to me ?

I tried to google it, but its only chemistery related stuff

>Woman is being assaulted by an rapist. She cries out in outrage and anger. Khorne answers and grants her the power to defend herself and violently slay her rapist

The next day her neighbours children are being noisy, she flies into a blood rage and murders them all, assaults the Arbites responders and as she lays dying tears of her own head to offer the lord of skulls, opening a daemon gate and damning the world

>>A mother with a sick child prays to any power out there to save her child. Nurgle answers and causes the disease to enter remission and become dormant. The child enjoys many years of life.

The desiase no longer affects the child and he lives along life, spreading the now incurable and virulent marrow-plague that makes the bone barros expands untill bones crack and the still living victims wallow about like fleshy piles.

>>A struggling artists desperately looks for muse. Slaanesh enters his mind and inspires him to make great (though disturbing) works of art

And all his fand, old and new begin to celebrate each concert with a blood and rape orgy.

>A seeker of knowledge and truth is lost on the path, unsure where to proceed. Tzeentch lights his path with the flame of change and hope. Guiding him to the hidden truths he long have sought.

And the truth's is the Truth of TzeNtch, t̷he͞ ͡world COM̕EŞ ̡u͡nb͟oún͝d͞, WO̵RD̀S͘ ̀CU͟TŞ ́A͟S̴ ̛KN̢I̡V́ES, ̴ ̕fl̷ęşḩ ̧run͡s AS wa̷x, ̵sto͟n̵e d̨anc̷es, T̴H͘E͢ ͢s̨kie̶s̀ ble̷ed, ̕th͟e ͡ea̢r̀th̵ ̢SC͜RE̛AMS, ̷ḿetals̵ ̡w̕ee̛ps͘ an͞d̨ ͠H̡E ̸ĆO̕M͟E̸S͝!͠

Chaos is 100% escalation, 200% slippery slide on a vertical plane covered in grease and fitted with razrblades and drity deedles.

>current millennium
>being a heretic

Terra was literally saved once by an army of imperial ghosts that battled the chaos servants into submission and the Emperor summoned once an army of stands of every man, woman and super soldier that was loyal to him, even Ferrus Manus was resurrected this way.

marine equivalent
terminator equivalent
guardsman equivalent

Nigga I already sold my soul to Tzeentch, but approaching chaos with the naivete of the word bearers is a sure path to damnation. It's like worshipping a malfunctioning bomb.

I actually found something that looks useful wile googling that, thanks m8

first time orkz. is this list fun

Correct, they are serial killers and/or rapists, which is why their Primarch hated hated them before he died*.

*he is probably a demon primarch now

You mean he created psychic constructs in their image. Their souls are long lost.

No, because every soldier that dies in the Emperor's service do have an afterlife, they can and have battled chaos more than once and I'm not even talking about the legion of the dammed

Probably a quite shitty list, especially with the state of the Thousand Sons and such right now according to all that I've been hearing, but what do you guys think? Mainly intended for friendly casual games with my other CSM playing buddies.
Tried to make it relatively fluffy too, thinking about everything- including the points and such.

If they were gonna ressurect Konrad as some unwillingly enslaved daemon primarch (which would be a cool as shit concept) all they'd really have to do is say that someone found the body and did some kind of daemonic ressurection ritual. or tzeentch found his soul in the warp and empowered him for greater purpose.

That or do as the Admech do,

>the world comes unbound words cuts as knives flesh runs as wax stone dances the skies bleed the earth screams metal weeps and he comes
what did you quote? i think i recognize that

so the emperor is basically playing eternal pokemon with all of his servants right now.

Nope, that's not true. We have been shown the fate of the souls that enter the Warp even Imperial ones. They just melt into the Warp.

And the Legion of the Damned were transformed by a Nurglite Plague + their mutated geneseed.

No, the Emperor isn't even conscious anymore. He is just an unbound power with no power directing it.

Very vanilla
I'd take Rokkits on the koptas
Big choppas one the Boy's Nobz
A Killsaw dude in the Mega squad
Use the rest of the points for Extra gretchins and ammo runts for the Mek Gunz

Rubric Marines need a Rhino. If you can, drop some more Tzaangors and try to get the Astral Grimoire on the Sorcerer so he can fly around with the Terminators. I also find taking an Exalted outside the formations is usually not worth it, a Sorcerer can easily get a 2+ Invulnerable with some clever power usage while keeping Mastery Level 3 and remaining cheaper. Any tank-heavy list or average Tau/Eldar force will bend you over backwards, but if you want to play fluffy you need to get used to that. Welcome to best Legion.

>the gods of jocks, family, popularity, and verysmarts

Chaos is the normiest faction

>He is just an unbound power with no power directing it.
His one and only job is directing the unbound power of the astropathic choir, which he is still doing, despite the continued wailing of the traitors.

That's why there's still interstellar imperial travel.

I applaud you but you can at least make it a bit more efficient as you're taking a few useless items.

Change ExSorc to normal and get rid of Ichor Blood. ML3, Disc, MoT, familiar would be 170, you just saved 80 points and didn't lose any real firepower.

Warpflamers on Rubrics... very situational .2 of them is kinda shit and you'd save 14 points if you removed them. Consider taking at least 2 more if you really want them to make them harder to be charged and to dig out enemies in cover. That said if you're mostly fighting other CSM, the AP won't come into play anyway so get rid of them all. Also Icon of Flame is a big nono, waste of points as Soul Blaze is widely considered useless. Let's just say the only way it's ever useful is if it was free.

SO and Tzaangors are fine.

No real quote, just a mash up.
Yeats "The Second Coming" style pattern
Lovecraftian rant
Zalgo's He Comes
And then a splash of mania

I'm pretty good at mad rants.

Are necrons a cheap to build army?

A-Actual Night Lords discussion... without shitposting? The world is going to end tonight, confirmed.

Sangy in a vision saw the Emperor on the throne in his corpse form. There was just power there but no mind at all.

>worshiping a corpse in a shiny chair
>In the 41st millennia

Get a load of this guy

Depends what you do with them. My 1000pt Necron army is roughly 2 of the Start Collecting boxes, one of the Overlords converted into a Cryptek, and 5 Immortals. Just over £100, and while it's not great it's certainly playable.

I literally dont give a single shit about 40k anymore and have totally moved onto AoS

God I hope the new edition turns things around

'S how i'd do it, though with Ammo runts over extra gretchin.
Those rerolls are golden for Get's hot.

With all my sincerity:

>woman is being assaulted by an rapist
That's it, I'm sick of this, now is the time to kill every last dolphin! Who's with me?

>Dark Gods, I posted it again!

Ahriman's ability to triple tap good Witchfires is fantastic. Sure, he costs too much, but that goes for pretty much everything in the faction.

If a Did Sorcerers is going to be running solo, the extra wound and built in Aura are useful. Likewise, the extra initiative and attack are very useful for a melee sorcerer.

do you honestly, actually like playing 40k still?

i am not the same user, but yes, i still do

looks pretty fun, earlier i though about something like this, but it seems even worse honestly

Stranger things have happened user. I said a few threads back now that the primarchs are coming back GW are gonna explain their way out of three dead primarchs. I still think they will.

Get off the internet Lorgar.

The built-in aura is useful since T5 will attract stronger firepower, but use mobility to your advantage. Move 12, cast spells, turbo boost 24 away in shooting phase. If you're going melee, take the seer's bane.

And Ahriman's ability is good but he lacks a familiar, so there's a significant chance he'll kill himself.

Yes, hence why I am in a 40k general, talking about 40k and playing 40k, instead of being in an Age of Skubmar general prattling about how much better 40k is.