Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Demographics_Seattle.knwsft
>LS_Brutality.trid
>Towers_Of_Steel_And_Flesh.zdf
>Where'_ya_from.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 492 (38% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, gonna move soon. Wanna come over?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Z_O.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Location edition
Where do you live? How is it?
A jungle of towers, hundreds of floors high and miles wide?
A slum where the biggest "house" is the one with 4 floors?
A city with a skyscraper center, surrounded by Plattenbau buildings?
Something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Working on a setting with Cyberpunk ideas in an Ancient Egypt setting on a parallel thread:And now I want to test the setting. So dear /srg/ could you suggest a system and a one shot for said system that could be easily reskinned?

Shadowrun's too deeply embedded in its own setting to be of much use; Blades in the Dark is a pretty adaptable set of mechanics, I'd try that. There's a Shadowrun hack of it that you could lift some ideas from as well.
Last character I played was a technomancer street kid who lived in the top of a broadcast tower. Concept was essentially Quasimodo up in a bell-tower.

The OP question was more referring to the city you live in, but whatever

Currently living in the sub-basement below a bar in the slums of Miami. I get free drinks at the bar by assensing people who come in to check for troublemakers.

How did playing a technomancer go?

>Last character I played was a technomancer
normal or EotM?

>Blades in the Dark is a pretty adaptable set of mechanics

If you want to run a heist game with broad character archetypes, it's great. Unless this guy wants to play Imhotep's Eleven, it's not a good choice.

>Unless this guy wants to play Imhotep's Eleven, it's not a good choice.
>Not wanting to play Imhotep's Eleven
Plebian of the highest level

I didn't say that, but user gave no indication it that thread what kind of game he wants (the biggest mistake a wannabe game designer can make) and BitD does one very specific thing. It's a terrible suggestion for a generic system to use for the setting, unless he wants to build the whole game around heists.

Normal, my normal group is on hiatus for reasons and I don't know anyone else aside from myself and a couple of people on here that runs EotM in 5e.
Technomancy was more of a way to get at some gimmicks for the character without relying on wizard bullshit; it wasn't bad, but it helped a lot that the GM was on board with the concept and I wasn't expecting to get long-term viability out of the character. If it was a long-term character I'd probably have gone the more traditional route and disliked it intensely, but hey, maybe the technomancer book will come out and be good.
Honestly if the guy's taking cyberpunk's high tech/low life aesthetic, stapling it into another setting and then using that setting for standard D&D adventures or somesuch, he deserves whatever he gets. That said, provided you're prepared to work within the framework of completing a 'job', you can do almost anything. Hell, I've seen it used to run a pre-historic one-shot where the players hunted down a mammoth.

A one-shot of BitD is missing half the game, famdesempai. Stress and Trauma become hitpoints by a different name, you don't deal with Factions and all the Crew stuff, Heat, Entanglements and Vices are gone, etc.

The game is not about a heist, singular. It's about heists, plural; about how you and your crew get pulled deeper and deeper into the life, pushed against harder and harder targets, and get more and more scarred, and how every score is never quite the last score because you're too fucked up to quit. There's a reason it works for magitech crimes and Shadowrun, but not for D&D.

I live in Seattle and, according to my GM, it's like modern-day detroit. Not sure what that means.

Any tips for making a decker?

If you want max security get both Quick Config and Perfect Time. That lets you, in the absolute worst case, make a huge switch of programs and attributes.

In better situations, save at least one free action for after your turn so that you can go for more defense if you do get spotted.

Overclocker's nice, almost as good as an extra program slot, so it's another one to have if you have the room.

Also, make sure to run Smoke-and-Mirrors at the highest you can without taking any noise penalties.

Remember that you ideally want to get a direct connection to something slaved to a host in order to break in more easily.

My character lives near the mid-top of an apartment complex, with high digs and enough freedom to dive off their balcony when shit goes bad.

They actually have no windows or lookout points so snipers can't see in, and their doors are 8 inch thick steel. Gotta open them via keypad and it takes about 10 seconds to actually open, like a vault. Each room is on it's own air loop to prevent gas attacks and a single button opens the escape hatch; which is really some tamped charges that open a hole out the side of the apartment that everyone can jump out of.

No parachutes though.

Blades in the dark? More like aids in the dark.

Amirite?

Could you make a Decker/Getaway driver with high Logic, decent Reaction and Wired Reflexes? Do half of the hacking in AR that way.

ehh, maybe
Remember that getaway driver is like a tertiary archetype and more suited for the Street sammies/Adepts
As a decker having high REA is useless
and unless you cheese it HARD you won't be good enough with AR decking to do your job

Not really. You'll run out of money way too fast.

My street sam. A rented garage (low lifestyle) just outside Lambeth, London. He sleeps next to his bike and wakes up every morning smelling of moror oil. On the plus side no one bats an eye when he moves around equipment or returns home carrying duffle bags.

My vampire mage lives in an apartment above an abandoned library (London again). She's slowly renovating the building and loans books out to the local SINless.

What is EotM?

Ends of the Matrix, a 4e matrix revamp of one of the original freelance Writers
Matrix abilities are modeled more like spells, brainhacking (everyone can be hacked, and you only need a commlink to hack) and Terrifying Technomancers
Pdf Related is the Setting changes for it
next post will be rules
With a little work you can translate it to 5e

And the rule changes
I like it, makes that whole shit easier and allows deckers to actually affect fights aside from just using Suppressive fire

I love shadowrun's setting but hate the rules

or more specifically, love the rules but hate how everyone hates them because i never get to play it before someone gets bored

have you ever tried playing shadowrun using another (modified) system?

Nifty

If I want the Attune Ley Line ritual, do I need to take it as a metamagic, or do I take Geomancy and then the ritual as a 5 karma ritual like others? Same!E for Leeching.

My decker lives in a cargo container, she has back doors into port authority software, allowing her to resupply herself using port automated transport drones and she can move house any time she wants by shipping her container where she wants it to go.

Yeah you need it as metamagic. If you check the ritual description it should say so at the very end, at least it does in the 5th edition street grimoire

Pretty large hideout in the Ork Underground. Already has the basics set up for the future ecoterrorist cell, now she just has to sell the "Mother Earth needs YOU" line to a bunch of trogs while still being charmingly racist as a sheltered Japanese girl.

I know a guy who runs games with some homebrewed GURPS

Now that I have enough proxies setup, I can ask how likely it is that I would be shot if my crew finds out I used to work corporate security before I was a shadowrunner.
And more accurately, If that sort of thing is That Guy or a viable background for a shadowrunner

>that I would be shot if my crew finds out I used to work corporate security before I was a shadowrunner.
shot? Chummer, that shit's worth orichalcum!
Saying that you have experience with that can really save an infiltrators day, when he needs to know what kind of security is usually there and how to avoid it
And having contacts with e.g. the quartermaster can get your team out of the boiling waters

It's perfectly fine as a background, and unless your other runners are totally "everyone working for The Man is evil and needs to die" (in which case they are hypocrites) they shouldn't find it too offensive.
Just give him Knowledge(Security Tactics), Knowledge(Security Design) and/or some contacts in a corp and your other players should appreciate it
unless of course you still work for them

From my experience it really depends on the GM. One I know will insist that the assumption is that the default for all characters is that without the SINner quality they were born SINless, so you must have that quality to pull that character off for him, while another I know would tell the player to tell him how and why they burned their SIN and generally rolls with it with some advice as to what other negative qualities to take.

Far as I know, ex corpsec/military is a pretty common background for Street Samurai. So long as you've taken some steps to distance yourself from former employers (burning your SIN, for one) they'd probably welcome someone who knows about corporate security from the inside and wouldn't hold much of a grudge. Maybe if you did corpsec for SK or Aztechnology you might get some flak, but that's a big if.

>tfw your commission gets finished just in time for a Shadowrun thread

I'm trying to figure out what stops most SINless from going out and getting a SIN.

>shadowrunners and other criminal elements just prefer going without
>ditto for the conspiracy-minded
>corp SINs are packaged with janitor duty, and there's a hundred other guys after the post as well
>national SINs need you to go through serious bureaucratic hoops, and generally try to stop you at every turn unless you do something for them (like join the army)

Is that about correct?

How easy getting a SIN is determined by where you are, but generally yes
either you don't want a SIN (because you want to be free)
or you can't get a SIN because the corps/govs don't want to grant people citizen rights (same reason as why companies get moonlighters, less pay for same work)

I'm thinking about buying a GM screen, but I only could find pictures of the back.

Has anyone of you one and could make a photo of the front? I like to take a closer look before I'm buying stuff blindly.

God bless that orange wearing, bridge burning bastard, Frank Trollman.

The thing about these questions is that a complete system overhaul only works in systems you (or the GM) know well. If you don't know GURPS or Fate or Savage Worlds or PbtA and someone tells you to run your game in that, it isn't helpful unless you have familiarity with the chosen system. Either that, or someone makes a set of houserules for everything. At best, you get EotM. At worst, you get Anarchy.

Speaking of which, has anyone even attempted to unfuck SA?

It's in the OP pastebin, in the Alphaware Content folder

>Where do you live? How is it?

Trailer in a trailer park near New Orleans. It's comfy for low life style

Thanks for your help, A question that's been bothering me less so but how many knives is too many knives? I have six on my person right now and wasn't sure if there was some sort of point where you're being too prepared?

How many are under your skin?

Pretty basic slum building, I own the floor I live on. Its nothing fancy but I've added my own touches and made sure its nice and safe. There's always the issue of large amounts of explosives, But if i'm that cased out then I'm dead anyway.

That's a very personal question chummer.

Honestly I paste so much shit on my GM screens that I would feel bad if the tables-side was too good

You don't need to specify where precisely.
But it would help to know if they went in handle first.

None of them are under my skin yet, but since you mention it that would be a hard place for someone to search without making a social faux paus.

You can never have too many knives.

Would something like an MP7 or Mini-Uzi sized gun be a machine pistol or SMG?

I'd say an MP7 would be a SMG, and a Mini Uzi would be a Machine Pistol.

>machine pistol or smg?
yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP7

>pdw
>submachine gun
>machine pistol
those are literally the categories the mp7 fall in.

I would say its a sub machinegun

mini uzi is sub machinegun
micro uzi is machine pistol

an Uzi is on par with an m16 on terms of weight and cyclic rate

Mini uzi is on par with an m4 on terms of weight and range

micro uzi stands alone as a result of there being no AR machine pistol of actual functional size
this shit is complicated yo

Honestly, what's the difference between a subgun and a PDW besides nomenclature and how they're used?

5e question. What the best drone/weapon pair to use if I just want to have it use suppressive fire? Also is there any in-combat use for non-jumped-in drones other than suppressive fire? Unless you spend a fortune on pilot and targeting software their dice pool is pathetic.

PDWs were created to be an armor-defeating option that has the same usability as an SMG. So they generally have rounds like 5.7 that work better against personal body armor than most pistol rounds.

PDWs are generally classified such because they are designed around non-standard ammunition that is often lightweight but high velocity. MP7 fires a weird ass 4.6mm, the P90 fires 5.7mm.

The difference between an SMG and a Machine Pistol is generally harder to define, but if it was a carbine built to fire pistol cartridges, it's generally an SMG, and if it used to be or is based on a semi-automatic pistol but can fire automatic / burst, it's a Machine Pistol.

>magazine and caliber

like, a mac10 falls into both machine pistol and sub machinegun with its rate of fire and .45 cal

while the p90 is submachinegun/PDW because 50 round mag and its 5.7mm

basically a PDW is a mix between carbine and sub machinegun

machine pistol is a fully automatic pistol and normally concealable

a pp2000 can be a PDW by basically having armor piercing rounds even though its the size of a machine pistol, but it's designed for use by both hands.

this

definition of what is a sub machinegun is also weird as shit, but sub machine gun and machine pistol... I think it has to do with one hand vs two hand design intent. Throw a stock on a micro uzi with a black tallon rounds and you've got a PDW

this talk is tedious

You're right, instead post guns that work as stand ins for Shadowrun guns. Here's a Raiden.

Aye aye.

Also is there an easy way to increase the sensor rating on a drone? Can I just buy higher rating sensors and slap them on the drone?

But why?

What in the name of fuck.

that's a whole lot of negativity

remington roomsweeper

Hornet loads are nasty.

desert strike

is this supposed to be some kind of fucked up pancor jackhammer

Plastic gun, plastic rounds.

I think that's just a Thompson with a bunch of retro sci-fi gubbins attached to it.

still no mosin nagant in shadowrun

Stats wouldn't really be any different from the smaller of the remington bolt-actions, but in 5e you could lower the accuracy to like 3 lmao

Why would you even want one? Unless you want one of those Finnish M39s.

Compacts are rad. Got any more?

compare the SVD damage to the remington

i own a mosin and it shoots fine as my ar15 with a deer scope

amusement

Now try and imagine how much better a Mauser would shoot.

This and some derringer-types, I think. Shame nobody uses light pistols hardly, it seems.

in general I avoid treating the round as the sole arbiter of damage for real-world comparisons because there's some jank situations that arise when you do that. also a mosin-nagant can be pretty fine, they're just highly variable and don't really have the chops of more well-regarded rifles in their class. Where's yours from?

This is a new one, I don't know which heavy pistol it would fit best as though.

>I'm trying to figure out what stops most SINless from going out and getting a SIN.
Governments pay corporations to employ their National SINner workers. There's a very slim margin for employing someone who doesn't come with a stack of nuyen for the corporation, and usually it involves burning that employee's SIN before paying them.

How big is a 5e chem slap patch supposed to be?

Not pink or mohawk enough, I expect.