Hi all

Hi all,
I'm looking for art for settings inspired by Treasure Planet, Spelljammer, and so on. I'll dump what I have (which is a lot) but more is always welcome.

In addition, any recommendations for a system? I want it to be more general than Spelljammer, and more crunchy than that Aether Sea Fate rulebook.

Other urls found in this thread:

keiththompsonart.com/pages/nautiloid.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5jNVGR-6IZw
youtube.com/watch?v=_0tc0sQxgg4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thank you!

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! Keep it coming!

That's all I have, hopefully it's enough to saisfy OP's need.

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm looking for! Ships in space, not just ships in the sky; way tougher to find. Though of course airship art works fine too.

Other space fantasy art - for people, monsters, etc. - would be appreciated!

Thanks man! It was of great help!

No probs, I've got a few since my D&D campaign took a turn towards the Spelljammer/Astral Sea side about a year and a half ago.

Such fantastic stuff, everyone, thank you!

Aaaaand I'm out of pictures of ships in space. Still have some airships (mostly Eberron), though I'm not sure if they're what you're looking for?

I'll take anything! Even if it's not what I'm looking for, maybe it's what someone else is looking for.

I'm also just looking for other space fantasy stuff, too.

Google Allods Online. It's like Spelljammer, but with Russian mythology instead of D&D fantasy.

Alrighty then.

Did so earlier after seeing so many posts from it, it's good stuff!

As for a system, you might want to take a look at Savage Worlds if you want two-fisted action.

Sure, but at that point you might as well fluff them as wands.

Plasma flintlocks anyone?

was meant as a reply to

Sorry, was trying to remove the name but I'm obviously useless.

This is pretty nifty! Interesting how it has preselected story and characters.

Savage Worlds was on my list, yeah! It looks fun.

I actually love the idea of spellguns in the setting, and dislike wands. Why? Spellguns are cooler.

>Wands vs Spellguns
I agree in the specific case of swashbuckling - which is why I've incorporated "pirate wands" in my campaign: Wands shaped to incorporate a trigger mechanism like that found in a hand crossbow.

Interesting! I just love the aesthetics of a flintlock too much to abandon it.

I know what you mean, and I'd probably have introduced "pirates staves" (two-handed spell-powered flintlocks) if the campaign hadn't gone epic so quickly.

Pirates staves is an awesome idea, that's genius! The name sounds fantastic.

It's not actually a spaceship.
keiththompsonart.com/pages/nautiloid.html

Well, I did warn a way back that I had run out of spaceship pictures.

That's it for me now.

Good luck with your campaign/planning/setting, OP! Whatever you settle on, it helps to remember the tropes of the genre and maybe have a soundtrack/playlist at hand.

Yeah, a playlist is what I've been working on. It's interesting trying to find music that works. John Williams has been my major source of musical inspiration - Indiana Jones and Star Wars. Pirates of the Caribbean is important too, of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=5jNVGR-6IZw

I'd recommend making a few different playlists (eg. "Calm", "Action" and "Tension") for different situations, so you're in better control of the atmosphere at any given point in time.

A couple of specific recommendations:
- All of the Soul Calibur soundtracks are great for swashbuckling action.
- Two Worlds 2 and its expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress likewise have soundtracks that are great for this, although they are a bit more mellow (and thus suited for traveling/downtime/relative calm).
- A lot of other games have a few tracks that are great for stuff like this - I've got at least a few tracks from each of Guild Wars 2, StarCraft 2, Sword Coast Legends, Star Trek Online, Titan Souls and Pillars of Eternity on my playlist.
- This: youtube.com/watch?v=_0tc0sQxgg4

Yeah. For my other campaigns I have it sorted very similarly to that system. :)

Forgot my art