Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Midieval Machinery Edition : Has actual engineering and ingenuity ever been a major plot point for you? Or is it always overshadowed by magic?

Magi-tech need not apply

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E6g64z_WT48ZD9h-xVn7P2enLxvQfRIbLYYEqPJ-VvI/edit?usp=sharing
strawpoll.me/12768742
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4905558/applications-go-here/?pageforid=4926514#post-4926514
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>magitech need not apply

Fuck you

Anyone wanna talk about Pathfinder?

How would you balance and scale alchemical weapons for non-alchemists that stay relevant into middle levels?

I wouldn't

Posting again since it's a new thread.

So to talk a bit about game stuff. I'm looking to see if I have missed anything from my "group supplies" list. I have separated the supplies onto two Yaks. One Yak carries the majority of the stuff the other Yak is mainly for carrying loot once loot is garnered.

I have it separated into categories:
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E6g64z_WT48ZD9h-xVn7P2enLxvQfRIbLYYEqPJ-VvI/edit?usp=sharing

Am I missing anything vital?

For reference this is for a party of 6, this means we are a little short in some supplies, like we only have 4 shovels, 2 saws, and 2 balancing poles, but I thought we generally didn't all need to be using them at once.

_He is not to be trusted

What's the best way to have a character build clockwork constructs as efficiently and frequently as possible?
As far as crafting feats and abilites are concerned at least.

What do you wanna talk about particularly?

Have a means of spending either more money or using higher Craft Check to make more powerful versions. TES that shit.

Alchemical creation sort of stuff?

I would package them into feats. Stuff like increasing their DC and the like would be feat based.

Something like:
Alchemical Sapper
Prerequisites: Throw Anything, BaB +3
Benefit: When throwing an Alchemical Thrown Weapon (Acid, Alchemist Fire, Thunder Stone, Tanglefoot Bag, etc.) increase the difficulty class of the saving throw by 1/2 your character's level.

Or be able to make a character with a high Craft Alchemy check be able to add points to the DC.

Another feat that adds +1 point of damage per two levels to the splash damage.

A feat that increases the spread by 5 feet.

That sort of thing.

Also make more alchemical creations that give relevant debuffs or make a feat that lets you upgrade debuffs like Dirty Trick does.

The Artisan (3pp class) is perfect for this.

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

I finished my app for overlewd. It's a good feeling getting everything on paper and out of my head.

>Magi-tech need not apply
No, fuck you.

Unproductive. I'my trying to do some planning out for a homebrew campaign, but its just getting nowhere.

A lot of scientific papers to write with a very near deadline, but all libraries are closed over easter weekend. So I binged on Pathfinder builds and worldbuilding to drown my growing dread in escapism.

Can you have safe sex with a succubus, possibly the entrails of some beast, without losing your soul or essence in the process?

>he wants to fuck the succubed.

IT'S A DEMON, A LITERAL INCARNATION OF EVIL.

KILL THE BEAST.

What are we going to do on the bed?

Everything we can't do on the floor without breaking your back, of course.

Who doesn't?

Yes.

Kill it then fuck the body. Done.

One game went kinda slowly as the group had to juggle a bunch of things at once to get everything into place for the sessions to come. Another game had a fun between-chapter session, where we started working on tying up some loose ends and figuring out what to buy/make for our next foray out into the world. I have so much fucking money that I don't really know what do do with, god damn. I give my GM a lot of shit for some mechanical choices too, but damn if he didn't do a good job of juggling three separate scenes at once.

Introducing my new kid to the rest of party will be a barrel of laughs.

Pic
Related

Rory doesn't!

I've been trying to make a new character for three fucking days and every time I get anywhere close to being done, I realize the idea I had won't work at all and I have to start over.

I have a problem.

Please help me.

No, got canceled. I did finish Breath of the Wild though, and my sis came over to visit for Easter, so its not too bad. Also getting started on making my next char

No, unless you wear a full body hazmat sit all over everything that can negate Energy Drain. In which case, having sex like that is kinda pointless

It was absolute shit, as always.

p o m f

Give us details anons, we won't be able to help you otherwise.

I have nothing.

There are no details left.

I am a broken man.

Is there any worth to Bard || Oracle? I want to make the ultimate maestro, or at least a very effective face and buffer with a side order of healing.

>Has actual engineering and ingenuity ever been a major plot point for you?
Not engineering, but my party was in some sort of magic fortress in another dimension. On several of the doors were some eye things that shot beams of energy at us all at once and was fucking us up. I remembered that the room we passed to get there had mirrors, so I spent a turn going to get one and used it on the next turn to reflect the beams right back at the eye, killing it. We proceeded to all grab mirrors to deal with more eyes.

So, do you need help coming up with a new character then? Any type you want in particular? Any particulars Chargen rules? I won't guarantee I can help, but I may make the attempt

Getting Sidestep Secret might be good for it, though many mysteries don't synergize well with Bard. How about instead of Oracle go with the Maestro Bloodline Sorcerer?

>I want to make the ultimate maestro, or at least a very effective face and buffer with a side order of healing.
You just described a non-gestalt bard.

I'm assuming Gestalt, guys! Bard and Oracle, though I totally want to play a Bard too.

Let them do the Shrink Item tricks savvy wizards use to make alchemical weapons viable as non-alchemists.

Barring that, a feat that lets them set the save DCs on their items, gives out the Brewkeeper's potable enhancements, or lets you Dirty Trick at range through them

My group consists of a bard, a witch, a ranger (built for melee), and a monk (also built for melee).

What sort of character would you go for to round out a group like that? My first thoughts were druid, mesmerist, or alchemist, but I don't know how the witch is building and I don't think our group really needs a 3rd support character.

I don't really enjoy melee combat (I am so, so tired of power attack), so I usually avoid things like fighter, barbarian, paladin, etc. I normally play clerics, so I'd like to avoid anything like that for now.

I have no idea. I know my group is pretty balanced so just about any character could fit, but I'm still getting hung up on it anyway. I'd like to play something really unique or gimmicky, but I'm not entirely sure what that would be.

I was asking about poison builds in the last thread, but then everyone started arguing so I stopped posting.

What exactly are the commercial possibilities of magic torture?

Reminder that a roll20 normie beat out a gaggle of /pfg/ posters to get into WWW

So The Deliverance Machine is a device used for when an individual wishes to die. It's meant as a form of indirect assisted suicide, as it allows you to answer a series of questions to confirm your desire to die. I have pushes this to a large scale.

In the setting I normally run in the world is extremely old and is now dying of old age. Most gods have passed due to advanced age or conflict and those who are left have fallen to senility or are biding their time for the shake up at the end of the world.

A group of mortals are building what they are called The Deliverance Engine, a decide meant to confirm creation's desire to die due to advanced age and enact an End of Days scenario. They use the reasoning of mortals having destroyed and sucked the world essentially dry over their long tenure there and creation's voice needed representation. As well as a need for a sudden stop to the current situation to allow creation to rest and start up again when it has regained its strength.

How would your PC view such a faction?

Well that is straight up a Bard already, so the Oracle side would be adding tricks.

If you wanted to be more fighty, Warsighted on the Oracle side will get it done. If you want to be more casty, Spirit Guide - Lore gives you a floating chunk of the entire Sorc/Wiz spell list on demand every day (depending on DM ruling). If you want All Cha Everything, vanilla or Ancient Lorekeeper Lunar Oracle'd work.

Decide if you want your Bard spells to supplement your Oracle spells or vice versa. If you take the more casty options, you have access to three separate caster lists: Wizard, Cleric, Bard. You make a damn good Red Mage.

As insane as the rest of the world. Basically normal though I would not agree with them

My point about the non-gestalt bard is that you're getting everything you want out of the bard side, so you're free to use the other side of the gestalt to shore up what you think is weakest about the character. From where I sit, the biggest drawback for the bard is not being able to deal a lot of damage, so grab a full BAB class or something with some extra damage like sneak attack. If your DM allows 3pp, warlord would be a great option to pad out your combat capabilities.

If you're really not happy with the bard's spell selection then, yeah, you could gestalt in a full spellcaster. Sorcerers have a wider stable of spells, but an oracle or beguiler would work reasonably well too I suppose.

Alright, well first of all Witches tend to be control or debuff oriented, with some utility. Bard probably has face ans support nailed, and the Ranger and Monk seem to have the melee covered and are both Wis heavy. So what you may want is either a Cha or Int based ranged combat character

Now, I remember your poison dude from last thread, and you also said you werenl't going for high-op, so you have some options.

Either go Poison based Alchemist, and apply poisons to either ranged or thrown weapons, with maybe Startoss style or something like that.

A Fighter with that one Ratfolk/Alchemy based archetype, built around Ricochet Toss and Startoss and the like and apply poisons and stuff to your thrown weapons

A typical archer build, like an Archerdin or something akin to it.

Or perhaps, and this is getting crazy now, an Eldritch Archer Magus/Brewkeeper, allowing you to apply your Harmful Homebrews on your ranged attacks!

Really, as long as you stick to Int or Cha and make something ranged, you could be good. After that, just go nuts, find a silly archetype that seems cool, and build around it.

Is any of this helpful to you?

How long should Roll20 apps be?

strawpoll.me/12768742

Page is defined as the standard settings of Microsoft Word, or Google Docs.
No emacs please.

First, what gimmicks are you thinking of? Poison is hard to make work, but I think the Eldritch Poisoner Alchemist is decent enough. Mesmerist wants you to be close and is about fucking with numbers, so that might not be the best choice. I would suggest Nature Fang Druid with the Eagle Domain, but that might make your Ranger player upset.

The obvious choice off the dome would be a ranged character with some utility and burst damage. Eldritch Archer Magus or Grenadier Alchemist would be my first choices. You shoot trick arrows at things and do lots of damage on lucky crits (Magus) or kind of in general (Alchy).

>not using emacs into LaTeX

PLEBIAN

I said please.

If you don't use emacs then you're clearly not in any respectable college, everyone at mine definately uses emacs and nobody else thinks i'm a fucking wacko

Oracles make very good damage dealers, given Battle mystery, Warsighted, and having Cleric buffs.

What do you mean first year undergrad students don't write 50+ page essays biweekly?

>He doesn't only write papers over 50 pages

I bet his teachers have like, a word limit or something

The Eldritch Archer Magus/Brewkeeper build seems really interesting to me, if only because I've never seen anything like it before. How would something like that work? I actually don't think I've ever even noticed that Magus archetype until now.

I've got like, three character concepts that need Gestalt to flesh them out, and nobody seems to be interested in it besides that dreadful lewdshit game.

What's a man to do?

Eldritch Archer allows you to cast touch spells through a projectile, at the expense of regular spellstrike. Brewkeeper's status effect abilities trigger off of a touch spell or splash weapon.

You get a touch cantrip (Brand is nice) and Spellstrike with it, adding the debuffs from Brewkeeper on hit. Or you do the Rime Spell Frostbite gimmick and land fatigued, staggered, slowed, and your Brewkeeper debuff.

It's pretty neat.

Is there any GM who would be lax enough to allow both Spheres of Might and Path of War (with the likes of Broken Blade, Primal Fury, and Shattered Mirror) upon the same character?

I can only imagine how terrifying initiators would be given a Spheres of Might martial tradition, Muscular Reflexes for Strength-based Combat Reflexes, Seize the Opportunity for attack actions on attacks of opportunity, Superb Reach for another 5 reach at all times, and the infamous one-talent Dueling dip for Cut From the Air + Smash from the Air + scaling damage reduction.

Suck it up buttercup and post to the lewdgame anyways.

New Kid? is Chaika-user a daddy now?

he's been a dade for a while, I guess he has two kids now.

The lewd game is a joke, while I'm not a fart sniffer I do like to think these characters are a bit too serious for a game that includes Gestalt robots and memory foam beds that suck your dick.

But all those require actions. If he (you?) wants to primarily play a bard, a very active class, the other side of the gestalt should be mostly passive: boosts that don't require actions to benefit from (things like BAB or save boosts, bonus feats for ex.) If you have to decide whether you want to cast a buff on yourself from the oracle side or start up a bardic performance on your first round of combat you're doing it wrong.

Did the review anons die?

Best of luck, Chaika-user! Kids are cruel

Oh wow, that's really neat.

Would you bother dipping into alchemist to make meeting the prerequisites easier, or would you just take Brew Potion/ranks in Craft (Alchemy)/Profession (Brewer) and focus on the Eldritch Archer end of things primarily after that?

I don't think anybody is interested in allowing Spheres of Might period right now. It's a mess in its current state with power levels all over the place, plus you run the risk of it getting the Avowed treatment and getting the knees cut out from under it half way through the app process.

No, they're dormant because they've reviewed every game that's recruiting.

If you've got a character you want looked over, say it.

Don't we all know it.

Adoption doesn't count.

He's just busy pushing other pieces around the chessboard.

If we were liken /pfg/ to ASOIAF who is DHB?

Beric Dondarrion.

If we're asking for character reviews, I'd like some one to go over Olivia, from Overlewd.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4905558/applications-go-here/?pageforid=4926514#post-4926514

Is DHB designed to suffer?

Who do Dhampir go to for cures when they get sick?

At least he got into a game

I've always been a 26 year old father, user! Or at least my PC is.

>Adoption doesn't count

I'm fairly certain bringing a dormant clone body of a millennia-old wizard queen to life via accidental soul infusion does not equate to "adoption", user.

Cure Disease doesn't heal or inflict Pos En, so an Alchemist would probably work

Post cute wizard girls

Did she call you daddy, though? If they call you daddy, that means you are now adopting them. It's scientifically proven

That's an incredibly cute wizard girl, but entirely tangential to the topic.

Given things like Lingering Performance and long-lasting buffs such as Magic Vestment/GMW, as well as Skill at Arms/Battle Clarity being passive, juggling buff actions isn't that big a deal with this combo.

Second one. Dipping against a casting class is never fun, especially as a 6th level caster.

Pathfinder has wizards, girls, and a measure of "cute"ness (Charisma). Ergo, there are cute wizard girls in Pathfinder. If you wanted to go cuter, you'd have to post cute Arcanist girls, but they look identical to wizard girls.

Good point.

Hence Beric Dondarrion, kept alive by the powers that be and his own autism.

Thinking about implementing these rules for my upcoming campaign to shake things up:
>Removal of (nearly) all BAB/skill rank requirements on feats
>martial archetypes grant warder-tier progression instead of the gimped 3/4th one. (Except Hidden Blade because fuck that one)
>Nerfing of prestige class requirements so they are available at level 2

Thoughts? Should I burn on the pyre for my stupid ideas?

>Did she call you daddy,

The second one is nice, but retain the 3/4ths progression for the Polymath and Warpath Follower. They're powerful enough as templates already, combining barely-affected casting with rather potent maneuvers.

Prestige class requirements are alright, though you're better off making them "Evangelist" style and letting them progress your class features from the class you entered with, but at a slower pace.
BaB/Skill requirements I'm not sure about. I say no, though.

Well you've got me there. I'd still argue that adoption would require her to not actually be related to me. Given what caused her to start walkin' and talkin', it's very accurate to call her a blood relative.

>if you wanted to go cuter, you'd have to post cute Arcanist girls
>but they look identical to wizard girls

what is with wizards and wizard-alikes all wearing similar robes

You stop that. I don't care how hot the body is, that is still my child god damnit.

Where's the full version of this parody?

Good point on Polymath and Warpath Follower. Didn't consider that they had spells aswell.

>Except Hidden Blade
>wanting to fuck Rogues over

why tho

She's only technically your child! It wouldn't even be incest if you boned her!

I honestly feel like Hidden Blade is way too strong (for an initiator).

You'd better treat that daughter nicely, Chaika-user~! Give her hugs, loves, and kisses, because she sounds adorable!

>party is stranded on an island with a few NPCs
>NPC and PC fight, NPC ends up dying
>my character decides he doesn't want to be next, decides he's better off surviving on his own
>gets kidnapped by a harpy
>ends up being raped yes i consented out of character and no it wasn't ERP, it was
a fade to black you perverted faggots
>party basically misses all chances to rescue me, unknowingly exploring in the opposite part of the island where the harpy's nest is
>GM doesn't know how to get me back into the party
What do I do, /pfg/? Harpy doesn't want to let me go, and I'm not strong enough to kill her and run off, plus my Survival is shit.

What does that even mean? You have initiators in your game, they effortlessly win combat period, and the degree doesn't matter. You've already committed to not caring, why start with this one class?

It suffers the universal problem of adding too much, but it "adds too much" to a class that had pretty much nothing anyway, on a chassis that's garbage. Its claim to fame as letting Rogue be the only full progression 6th caster/initiator also means you get nothing else.

A Stalker is still better.

Just retire that character, you can always find one in Sargava since this is Serpent's Skull.

I don't know what either of those are.

At best you're looking at what would effectively be Selfcest, albeit in a roundabout way. Soul fuckery is weird like that.