Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Grognards BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!! edition

previous

Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12769875
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ogryn and Bullgryn a cute. Has anyone ever used Nork before?

Brothers, let us begin our crusade against the dolphin menace. These vile creatures must be Slaaneshi in origin, there is no other explanation for their vile behavior.

No, but he's next on my shopping list because My Little Commissar keeps dying to the vindicare my friend ALWAYS RUNS.

The best way for someone else new with a $200 budget to start Guard is with two Start Collecting boxes. Waacfag don't reply plz.

We've been over this, they're dedicated to Slaanesh, Japan has fallen to Khorne, and we're going to sit here patiently and watch them duke it out. Personally I like it here in Britain, where Tzeentch reigns.

that is the single saddest table I have ever seen or probably will see

me and my buddy's first game was less sad, and we used a tiny table with hot sauce for terrain and objectives

I just built a model for him and I'm excited to run him. I want to run him with Straken, but that's an expensive ass squad. I'm also considering running the Commander with something simple like a Power Fist or maybe even a Deathmask.

You'd think with the smaller number of models, it'd be easier to get around to painting them.

Running anything other than a CAD is the height of WAAC faggotry, you cannot prove me wrong.

Eh maybe. You're likely better off getting 2 Armored Fists and the Start Collecting. Chimeras are neato af.

I'd almost want to say they're playing an older edition that had area terrain rules instead of True Line of Sight, which would make it slightly less bad, but that seems unlikely

The joke is, it's the wikipedia entry for 40k.

Xnth for unpainted Tau

HEY FAGGOTS

RECOMMEND ME A CITY TERRAIN SET THAT LOOKS GOOD AND IS FUNCTIONAL, MONEY IS NOT EXACTLY AN OBJECT BUT A GOOD DEAL IS APPRECIATED

IN RETURN HERE IS MY AUTISTICLY YUGE WAAGH THAT I AM CURRENTLY PAINTING

At least the tau player got to priming his models. It's a start at least.

Good thing that gets you a usable cad

I'd also accept this but it cuts into your paint budget

Cool collection but I would maybe put some of that money towards a better camera.

The GW terrain's pretty nice tbqh.

That is correct though the formation in the box uses exactly one infantry squad outside of a platoon to give them a 4+ cover when within 6" of the Russ. Pretty swanky actually.

Depends. I've toyed with the idea of a thematic airship based Raven Guard list using formations like the Bladewing Assault Brotherhood and Ravenhawk Assault Group. This would not be possible with a CAD as I would have to bring scout as tax and slightly deviate from the theme.

Will we ever know the actual story behind the Legion Alpha?

For the user just collecting Guard here's my advice.

I think 1 Armored Fist and 1 Start collecting is a good start, so you will have enough for paint and brushes and stuff.

You can break it down like this

- Commissar Lord HQ
- 10 men for a Vet squad in the Chimera, give them 2 Grenade Launchers, paint the drum blue and call it Plasma or cut up the Flamers and call them Meltas.
- 10 men for a Vet squad on foot, give them camo pattern fatigues and say they have Camo Gear, then give them a heavy weapon, preferably an Autocannon or Lascannon
- Use the remaining 2 men to be a Missile Launcher heavy weapons duo
- Leman Russ don't glue the turret so you can swap what it is

Ah man, I'm still learning IG, and i'm stoked to use the Relics they have while me and my friend (Who has started a Grey Knights force) begin our second war of escalation where we collect progressively more and more powerful units till we get to apocalypse games.

Tables like this are why I'm saying fuck it and starting a little Sisters army like I've wanted to for years. I'm going to lovingly paint them, make a fluffy list and not care. Plus listening to organ music as I paint is comfy.

Even if we knew the story, how would you know that is isn't the Alpha Legion misleading us.

Or treating your parkingsons you ork idiot.

>Not adding speakers to your Exorcist to actually have organ music while playing

>Not having 6 Exorcist each playing one part of the symphony

Kurov's Aquila and Volkov's Cane have been the most useful for me, but I really love the idea of some of the melee Relics. I love the Deathmask.

Fuck never thought about that

Red Guard Guy here. My first purchase was a SC! and I dont regret it a bit. In fact my second purchase with another SC!!

Also wow that picture is horrendous. To be fair I was just starting the hobby with a walmart tracfone.

TALK ME OUT OF BUYING MORE THINGS WHEN 8TH IS AROUND THE CORNER
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Don't and start being a half responsable man.

>8TH IS AROUND THE CORNER

So, How much will they sigmarify 40k?]

>tfw you'll never relive 3rd edition perfection

That is sad, 3rd looks good because the rest of the edition are super shit

>How much will they sigmarify 40k?

Who knows, my guess is its going to be a simplified version of 2nd ed or a more 'complex' version of AoS. Stuff like Armor modifiers, movement values and probably also the 2nd ed movement rules with more simple vehicle and assault rules might come into the new ruleset.

Anyone familiar with this site? They seem to have a lot of discount FW which leads me to believe they are recasters.

>Stuff like Armor modifiers, movement values and probably also the 2nd ed movement rules with more simple vehicle and assault rules might come into the new ruleset.

That stuff all sounds good tbqh senpai

Anything FW for less than what they charge is either used or more likely recast. FW is order only from their site, they don't distribute to any retailers.

>Choosing 3rd when early 5th is an option

The Rhino Rush was cancer, dude.

What army do you play?

strawpoll.me/12769875
strawpoll.me/12769875
strawpoll.me/12769875

If I forgot your army, sorry.

Just straight up fast. I like shooty armies and I like fast armies. I know the Necrons have some kind of big fucking laser with the Annihilation Barge but the +3" to all movement seems pretty good.

If I get lions blade and throw a 10 man dev squad with heavy bolters into a drop pod would that be at all viable?

>only having the option to select one army
I guess I'll just go with what I'm currently making

it's not to all movement, just to the fast attack and elites.
though all of it can have Scout, which lets you move 6" during deployment.

3rd was the glorious age of this thing being a bloody hobby.

5th might had been better but it shows the clear disdain for the consumer that GW has. At least during 3rd they pretended to care.

primary detachment or most often played recently dum dum

feel guilty as fuck for posting such a shit imagine. that's what I get for trusting google instead of just taking the screenshot myself.

... what's with the "Grognards BTFO" tagline, and the shitty OP?

Forced memes

Every meme is forced.
All human history is basically a meme.

Okay, I need some help with lore stuff. Is there any reason that a genestealer cult would not remain on the planet they've conquered? I am trying to think up a story for my dudes that would allow them to persist across campaigns, rather than imagine them to be a new cult every time.

within a system sure, unless they had conquered the whole thing or the Hive Fleet had showed up. or they could send agents to another system to infect it, making a new splinter successor cult.

after the Hive fleet gets there they all die though.

Anyone know anywhere to get good blood ravens transfers?

Yeah but this one sucks.

>Is there any reason that a genestealer cult would not remain on the planet they've conquered?

I imagine if the Cult has been in the planet long enough they will eventually take over the entire planet as they wait for the Tyranids to arrive, you could have a whole planet made of mutants that worship Genestealers as their God-Kings.

You can come up with reasons to make your cult not be a one shot thing, like its part of a larger cult that sends its operatives to die in order to infect planets or something.

Considering they're selling games day exclusives, they're probably recasters.

Well, what leads you to believe it /wouldn't/ be viable?

Massed AP3 firing

Has anyone ever used Salamander recon vehicles? Want to make 2 and im wondering how they preform

you're just a meme grognard, you don't like any new memes.

nope he is right that was pretty terrible.

Warhammer 40k looks like a good time; however, I know absolutely nothing about it and would really like to learn about it. Where is the best place to begin?

1 HQ 2 troop choices

Anyone else been around the hobby but never played the game? I know how to play but I've only ever wanted to paint/model. It's been almost two decades now, should I just go all in and start doing other people's armies? Only thing I really like about the table top is watching games, what better than watching them with well painted and converted armies?
Not to mention there are so many players around that have bottomless pockets but grey models.

Here? 40k is freaking huge so start with whichever faction looks most interesting to you and branch out from there. The game is only as good as your playgroup is, but the hobby aspects are limited only by what you want to do with it.

Not here, unfortunately. Veeky Forums is all memes and salty grognards.
Try dakkadakka online, or call up a local games store that does 40k, ask when they play, and come in on the game day to talk to players. You might even get to borrow an army for a trial game.

So much this.

The start collecting boxes are generally a good start for a new player as well.

where do i go to be a writefag?

Hit up a FLGS, or a GW store. Some stores give free models to new players and let you build and paint them in store.

Others may even allow you to test a game, probably more likely now that we just had a minigame Shadow War: Armageddon released.

When you feel like you've got a taste for the game, come back here for tauposters and memes.

Unless you're CSM.

A Start Collecting box, or a HQ and Two Troops choices of the army you want. Lore wise, the Codex of your army and Lexicanum should do you well, as well the the Big Rule Book's fluff sections will do nicely.

Be warned that 8th edition is around the corner.

>Tauposters

Okay, taking my suggestion from last thread and fleshing it out:

8th Edition: All Armies MUST fit inside the CAD and Allied Detachments unless your going apocalypse. No more Squadroning Units, with a few exceptions. Formations are specific combinations of units you take within the CAD. For example, a Riptide Wing (which needs a seperate nerf, but that's not what we're here for) takes 3 elite slots, and provides bonuses. The Emp's Fist Armored Company (Renamed Armored Platoon) is 3 Leman Russes and a Leman Russ Commander, so 1 HQ and 3 Heavy support slots. 4-5 tanks depending on if you decide to keep giving the commander a co-tank. Personally, I suggest not: The Tank Commander instead gets better orders that effect other vehicles in your army.

This is very important because it severely limits spam. Even the spammy-est tankguard player can now only take 5 tanks in a CAD and a further 2 in the Allied Detachment. As a tankguard player myself, I feel that's fair as its still more heavy armor than any other faction, BUT you can't go full-parking lot. Parking lots were stupid anyways: Real tanks maneuver and spread out to avoid artillery, and so should ours.

The big advantage to this is it's a million times easier to balance the game. A Guard player who takes the Emp's Fist forfeits the ability to take an Emp's Wrath. A Riptide Wing player forfeits Ghostkeels, Crises Suits, and Stealth Suits. Alternatively, an OSC player forfeits Crises and Riptides. So now the gamemakers know that the player must choose between stealth, strength, or a combination of both with no formation benefits. Finally, if one particular weapon is OP, you're limited in how many of it you can take, often to 3 or less.

This also encourages fluffy lists. Yes, encourages. Think about it: You can choose the brutal frontal assault of riptides or riptides and crisis suits, or the stealthier approach of the stealth suits.

>But my armies fluff dictates bo-
You armys fluff is cheesy giants and you know it.

Nurgle
>makes you tough as shit
>health regeneration and healing factor
>feel no pain
>immune to diseases
>plague magic
>necromancy

Slaneesh
>superhuman senses
>super drugs that make you even more superhuman
>makes you fast as fuck
>pain feel good
>more skill
>sanic weapons
>badass sound magic

Tzeench:
>fucking force fields
>vast assortment of badass spells
>blue and gold fire magic
>become mini-cthulhu
>become yagami light

Khorne:
>hurr hurr I'm angry now
>hurr hurr I hate everyone
>magic resistance

Lame.

Player brings this wraithknight against you, what to do?

Why do you keep posting this

>implying I willingly play against cheeseknights

Its painted, needs a base but oh well.

Fine by me.

Try to kill it?

Those paints are looking dangerously close to THICK, user.

What's it's toughness? The answer determines how much lasfire I answer it with.

Special Exceptions to squadrons:

Mostly cheap weak vehicles designed to come in groups:
Sentinels
Killa Kans
Tauroses
etc.

I also propose a new slot type to the CAD: Air Support. You get two Aircraft in the CAD and 1 for the Allied. Smaller Aircraft like deffcoptahs come in squadrons of 3-5, fighters like the Space Marine Littlebird-thing 1-2, and Larger transports like Valkyries are single-unit squadrons.

Because I'm hoping to bait someone into proving me that there's more to Khorne than being eternally butthurt about everything.

>strawpoll.me/12769875
>Space Marines not separated into Vanilla, DA, BA, and SW
That said, lotta guardfags in /40kg/. I can understand it though - Chimera are sexy beasts. I gotta pick up some for my Inquisitional lads soon enough.

>0 People admit to playing Tau

Why am I not surprised.

>Single Wraithknight
Alpha-strike the shit out of it, move on with my life.

The problem is that a shitty TTS episode proves you wrong.

That is why it is annoying.

There's just something about generals that brings out or attracts this kind of autism. You'll see something similar in almost every general - some retard who can't help but post the same stupid shit every thread.

But she has over 20lbs of crystal pussy and wraithbone ass.

I'm not talking about Khorne himself but his 'gifts'. Remember all those cool superpowers I listed?

Try to keep up.

Because I fell in love with DE fluff more and more, so I've actually put them ahead of Tau.

I play GK, Tau, and DE, though.

>autism
That word has no meaning anymore.

What's their band name again?

Oh you are retarded and autistic.

>grognards
I keep seeing that word. Is it a cool new meme?

Reported, called the cops, committed soduko

>Is it a cool new meme

Yeah, from like 20 years ago.