/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Oldhammer edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/undead/product/undead-skeleton-regiment-20-figures.html
solegends.com/citcat1998us/c1998usp100-02.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for awesome.

who has the best feet in warhammer world? asking for a friend

I've nerfed the axe and tweaked the rune system. Would you use this homebrew? I could try to stat various war machines if anyone wants me to.

Yeah I would go for the enchanted shield over fencers blade.

Sure seems like the prudent way ro go about gearing the fella'.

Quality > quantity.

I wonder who will be sexier in TWW she or Morathi.

Does anyone know if Graeme Davis responds to emails that aren't business inquiries?

That period whore doesn't even have feet.

I kind of posted this in the wrong thread by accident before, but I'd like some recommendations about what models I should order if I want to check out other armies.

I'm thinking about diversifying my Fantasy Battle portfolio next time I put in an order of recasts. Currently my only army is Vampire Counts but I'm interested in Dwarfs, Empire and Lizard Men.

I can't afford to buy an entire starter army but I'm interested in getting some units that would be otherwise out of my price range. If I just want some basic troops I'm sure I could find some for cheap on eBay and just re-paint them, but I'd like some recommendations as to what I should order that'll give me the most bang for my buck (particularly, stuff that would hurt my wallet worst if I was to buy real models but are alright as recasts).

Of the above mentioned armies I'd be most likely to play Dwarfs, so more practical recommendations for them would be good. I'm basically looking for a decent starter army with maybe one impractical unit that I can grow into later (probably Thorgrim)

Empire and Lizardmen I'm interested in largely because their models are cool. Even if I never field it I'm interested in the Dread Saurian since it's only $50 and I'd love the chance to paint one, and likewise I also like the Karl Franz model. If you have any recommendations that could potentially be a good jumping off point towards building actual usable armies that's fine, but I don't think I'm going to be buying a bunch of infantry for them just yet. I want to give some of the cooler models a go and from there evaluate if I'd be okay going through the work of building usable armies for them. I know that sounds backwards but I'm largely into this hobby because I like making the models, and I can re-paint some cheap infantry from eBay later if I really get into it.

Post the most outlandish, high fantasy pictures of fantasy you can find. Giant castles, fuckhuge armies, magical shit, just anything that shatters the "ratcatchers defending their home" meme

Technology counts too

Really wish they expanded upon the empire automatons more

What's the one thing from End Times that should be in Total War Warhammer?

I want its depiction of Nagash, and these cool dudes.

Morghast sort-of exist in WHFB in the form of Ushabti, though they noticeably lack the capability of flight. They could probably be included, as such, in a Tomb King list as some form of Rare Monstrous Infantry to supplement the (as of 6th Edition) Special Ushabti.

Every time I see this image I think "how the fuck are a bunch of knights supposed to even hurt those statues?"
Though I suppose having all magic attacks and ward saves evens out what looks like a complete slaughter

A combined TK/VC faction with the Morghasts would be neat, but if that's too much, they can just introduce the Hammurai to the Tomb Kings roster and call it a day.

It could, but there's probably only so much a damsel can pack in the face of that.

Maybe there's something glorious about charging into certain death, but I feel like Bretonnia needed at least one big thing.

Even Elves couldn't make crocs look good.

He has a facebook page, I would try there first.

Its pretty sad that even if its highly likely we're going to get Chaos Dwarf's eventually, we'll probally never see the Khadii Destroyers

I can tell you one thing they definitely shouldn't include, and it's those awful rat ogres with Gatling guns on their arms.

Since CA is doing its own thing, they should bring Nagash back but have him lead Nagashizzar. Have it be it's own faction and have Akhan be the other legendary lord. Then you can have all those undead End Time units, some of which were actually good.

Forgot to post this, one of the few images of Nagashizzar.

Their roster is fairly small, I'd actually be more surprised if we didn't see it. Especially if they're in the base game of the next installment.

Anyone have more naval images like this?

Skeleton Warriors have sold out... well there goes my plans for a VC army.

I assume they'll be replacing them with those models in the new AoS boxed set, problem is they probably won't rank up.

There are tons of better models out there anyway. manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/undead/product/undead-skeleton-regiment-20-figures.html

Mantics skellies are definitely better than the rest of their range and probably second only to GW's. I really liked GW's though, their equipment was a bit more interesting.

I'm hooping it could just be a repackage since one of the start collecting boxes comes with them and that hasn't sold out yet.

dude seriously...
The mantic skellies are cheap, but not even close in terms of quality.
The sculptor didn't even bother to check how many ribs he put on the models.

The Wargames Factory/Warlord skeletons were pretty good, but a bit boring since they're 'naked'.

What actually are they? Daemons or some kind of Aqshy Elemental?

The Elemental thing's quite interesting, because there's a whole class of creatures that were never quite elaborated on. Forgeworld has those Incarnate Elementals, there are Djinn in Araby and the tree spirits are presumably Ghyran elementals. Sometimes they're described as 'daemons', but they're obviously not what we might traditionally call daemons.

Are verminlords shit? I dont want them to be shit, but they never seem to be worth the points. My girl friend got me that sweet forgeworld Verminlord and everytime I use it, its just poison arrowed to fuck and back in the first turn.

Is it too much to ask to have one skaven lord worth his balls in the field?

Only flaw with that is that Arkhan actually spent most of his time in a citadel in Nekhara, continually coming to a stalemate with Settra.

I wouldn't be surprised if they would do it, but it'd be like Kemmler for the Vampire Counts - he's very far from where he's supposed to be, and doesn't really do well among the Vampire Counts.

Yeah I think they will use Arkhan as one of the starting rivals for the Tomb Kings, like Todbringer was for the Empire.

I was just reading some of the background on Nagashizzar and it sounded pretty cool, basically the Warhammer worlds version of Minas Morgul. An undead citadel guarded by black gates and skeletal golems.

To that guy asking about smaller games of Warhammer.

The 9th Age have just released a 'quick start' edition of the rules that are basically designed for smaller games. I would recommend you have a look, they seem quite promising from a quick scan. Regiments are between 10 and 20 models.

If looking to avoid 9th Age / Endhammer, other options include…
>Mordheim
Relatively strong online community, low cost of entry (just one regiment box is often enough), doubles well for D&D stuff on the side. You'll need some mats or terrain to represent a ruined city, though, instead of open fields.

>Skirmish
Effectively Mordheim but in open fields. On the plus side there's that, on the minus side you don't have any real narrative attachment and it's the weakest of the low-cost / -model options.

>Warbands
Released in I want to say the '04 US White Dwarf magazines, this game's built around small armies of only 200-500pts (with some alternate rules to account for things like Tomb Kings and VC) and works as something of a blend of the "traditional" WHFB game (6th or 7th Ed. flavor) and Mordheim (lingering injuries, veteran regiments, etcetera). Not bad, quite fun, but works best with 4+ players (pref. 6+) and has a much higher entry price (Even just 1 character and 1-2 unit boxes being x2 to x3 the price of just one unit box).

Warbands works best for if you want to get the feel of the larger games (keep in mind that there's a reason it has rules for Regiments only 1-3 models strong, however) while Mordheim with a good campaign manager can effectively be "Warhammer the PnP-ening" (hell, if so desired you can literally just run D&D adventures for the battles and use the Mordheim rules for everything else).

I'm actually not that big a fan of T9A, since I think it just compounds a lot of the issues of 8th edition.

But I have to say I recommend everyone check out the quick start rules, they're like 3rd edition with less complex movement rules.

So what the fuck are the fishmen? How do you think they would have been handled in the fluff if expanded into a full playable army?

They would probably use the rules for Beastmen. Either that or they are a form of Lizardman. Are skinks capable of breathing in salt water?

While fishmen do exist (or so Daisy tells me), that image is a reference to a Chaos Dwarf submarine I think.

I'd probably guess they'd fit as the minions of some Lovecraft-inspired Chaos god (or Old One) with a penchant for madness, like what happened to Leitdorf. Monsters would likely include various fluff beasts like Prometheans, Krakens, Sea Dragons, etc. If they're not Chaos-based, they may have some connection to Triton and his kin.

>gw does the correct thing and implies that some shit is unknown so that stories about humans encountering weird shit make sense, the areas outside cities are scarier, and players get official sanction to make shit up
>nerd immediately attempts to codify the example weird thing to put it on a nerd wiki

Similarly, someone added a bit to the Man O'War 1d4chan article about some AoS reboot that involves the fishmen being revealed. Never heard about that anywhere before so I'm pretty sure it's probably bullshit.

JAYSUS those things are YUGE

What is she, a size 14

verminlords
definitely verminlords

Need help identifying the model in the middle with the great sword and helm.

I honestly don't see how the ratcacthers defending their homes can't coexist with the outlandish fantasy extremes

Vermin Lords are an iconic classic Skaven monster...

He looks like an old Reiksguard Knight on foot, but they tended to have full plate so I'm not sure.

return to reddit

I'm starting to think that may be a historical landsknecht rather than a Citadel model.

Thanks, I'll do some digging in the morning.

>shitty digital art.

fuck off

Fishmen are dead. Chaos destroyed their sea city.

why is there even an argument about Bretonnian Knights having Squires? Of course they should have fucking squires, every knight needs at least one squire to be a proper knight. Do you even know what a squire does? Squires are the next generation of knights on top of that.

Even if they do not get a model or take part in combat, Bretonnian Knights should have Squires regardless. They certainly do in my book.

Can't find Warlord's (formerly Wargame's Factory) anywhere. I'd recommend Frostgrave Undead Encounters, though you also get a fair number of zombies in there.

Northstar Miniatures has some good generic goons boxes.

Excuse me, user, but could I have the full image please?

Thanks!

I don't like elves much, but the ones I do are the White Lions of Chrace.

Is that implying a flying pyramid? Because then it's a pigmy pyramid.

>that art
>shit
Too much high fantasy for your tastes so all you have is to call out a pretty god tier picture for possibly being digital? Sorry it's not some shit covered peasant defending his home with a club

No Bretonnian squires in Knights of the Grail

Arkhan the Black with lots of great quips and a sexy voice.

fuck Knights of the Grail, it's a WHFRP guide, not an essay on logical Bretonnian Chivalry.

>The mantic skellies are cheap, but not even close in terms of quality.
GW skellies have bones as thick as human arms. Talk about quality.

>Every knight needs at least one squire to be a proper knight.

No, they don't. A knight could be expected to take care of his own equipment and mount; this isn't too unreasonable when peagasi and hippogryphs usually have to be raised by the one who is going to ride them, and Questing Knights would likely require that sort of self-reliance. You could argue that instead of having specific men picked out as squires, random peasants or Men-at-Arms would be chosen to care for a knight's equipment and mount until he leaves. It makes sense if you think of knights seeing all peasants as essentially being around to serve them - it's like no matter what town you stop in, there will always be a stablehand because everyone below you in rank is supposed to serve their nobles, will likely have the skills act as a retainer, and doesn't really get a choice.

>Squires are the next generation of knights on top of that.

In real world history, yes. But in WFB, the Knights of the Empire usually recruit from among Pistolers, while Bretonnia takes noble youths and sets them up as Knights Errant -they're just the lowest tier of knight until they earn being made a Knight of the Realm, learning the hard way through experience in combat. Something I really enjoyed about Bretonnia is that it was distinct enough to not be a copy of real history in this way, and a Bretonnian noble's son would probably chafe at serving anyone that wasn't of higher rank than him - and considering how murky things can get beyond Duke and King, this could cause problems.

I understand that it's only my opinion, but I think Bretonnians shouldn't have squires at all. It takes away from what little makes them unique, and is almost insulting to include. And to look at the Foot Squires unit itself, you have to ask why squires - guys who are just supposed to take care of equipment at the end of the day, at best a trainee knight - would be forming up units on foot and fighting with claymores.

Thinking about doing a write-up for a bigger zombie pirate army list. Fluff-friendly, of course. If anyone has any obscure nautical lore or neat ideas, post 'em.

sure I know how some editions handle the squire situations, but it makes more sense to have bretonnian noble scions serve as a squire to a knight (questing, full or errant, doesn't matter) and become a Knight Errant themself upon being knighted (usually when reachig adulthood)

this way the new generation of knights was raised and educated by the one that came before them, and you get the tight traditionalist and conservative knightly society you have in Bretonnia.

If every generation of Knights was thrown into the fray right off the bat you'd get way more innovation. It's different in the Empire, you could have young Nobles and rich lowborns join knightly orders and be introduced to it that way without squires, but even then it's highly unlikely a Knight wouldn't want a squire.

There's literally no reason or benefit to not have Squires at least in the lore.

And Pegasus Knights are not a valid explanation because even Pegasus Knights and Grail Knights would have Squires, just not to take care of the Pegasi.

And just to be clear, this doesn't mean Squires are recruited from the Peasantry, they weren't in real history either, but young nobles (ages 8-14) serving Knights (or Knighted Barons, Counts, Dukes) until becoming Knights Errant themself makes the most sense if you want a consistent setting with integrity. Not to mention Squire-Knight relationships, being Mentor and Student relationships make for some of the best charcter backgrounds in fiction.

a Spectral Captain who was killed during a mutiny has cursed his crew to eternally search a port to dock. The Crew are all bloated Zombies crusted with Salt and shells, but a dense fog stalks them everywhere, when they close in on a Port, Stromfels blows their ship out on to the open Sea again. All the while their Spectral Captain shouts orders and lashes them with a whip that doesn't hit flesh but cuts in to the soul. When they come on to an unlucky mortal vessel they raid it in search of anything that may help them find back to their Port on Sartosa. Every few decades their Captain Orders landfall in which case they beach their ship on a shallow shore and try to makw their way inland, but when their duty is done, usually mercenary work for Necromancers and Vampires in return for information on how to lift the curse, their Captain whips them all back to the ship which they then have to labourously pull back to Sea. Their ship is a cursed thing, not even pretty when the crew was still Mortal, it's bronze cannons wrought when Marienburg was still part of the Empire and it's wooden beams are green and rotten.

You can think of a Name yourself,

sorry you have no taste and believe in digital """""""art"""""'""

that's like you're opinion man.

EoT Verminlords are...decent

But the average vermilord is just shit. He's worse than an abomination on just about every aspect and is terribly overcosted.

Actually having kitted out warlords can bring a lot of pain to your opponents, expecially on Rogres (T5, 4W lord? Yes please. Take trickester helm and 4++ to make even a vampire lord pause.)

So guys, I was wondering about 3d printing models, and I had a few questions.

Are there blueprints lying around on the internet?

Is it viable for rank and file miniatures? Or is the cost too steep? What about heroes?

Can it be used to print terrain too?

>these faces

ded thread

It's a citadel mini, 4th edition Empire Captain if I'm not mistaken.

I am at work but I have the Empire collector's guide at home so I'll be able to give you an answer in a few hours because I'm pretty sure he is in.

I guess AoS being the best game and fluff GW produced is also an opinion ?

Empire Hero*

if the discussion is between medium and medium rare, you could compare either of those preferences as literally eating shit, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Yes
solegends.com/citcat1998us/c1998usp100-02.htm