/swg/ - Total Eclipse edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Why was the Eclipse so underused?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nj7SyVgbcIw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For reference, in Age of Rebellion fighting an Imperial I class ISD is suicidal unless you have an MC80 somehow on your side, and then it's still a difficult fight you're more likely to lose than win. If you have anything less, don't even try fighting one unless you outnumber it 12 to 1.

Then an Executor class super star destroyer is equivalent to well over a dozen Imperial II class star destroyers, which are significantly more powerful than the Imperial I class., and the Executor itself is still stronger than them.

Then for reference know that at the Battle of Endor, the only reason that one of the Executor's multiple backup command bridges didn't go into action is because they were taken by surprise and faced technical issues while performing wargame maneuvers, and couldn't take over. Under normal circumstances, the A Wing that crashed into its main bridge wouldn't have hurt it much at all.

Then take into account that the Rebel fleet outnumbered the Imperial fleet at Endor and had to concentrate all fire on the Executor just to bring its shields down. It had numerous layers of extremely durable armor that could resist conventional turbolaser bombardment unless it was hit in large numbers.

Then take into reference that in one-to-one battles the Executor was shown vaporizing MC80s, the Alliance's best ships, in seconds. Seconds.

Then take it into account that at the time of Hoth no conventional warships in the galaxy could compare to an Imperial II or MC80. Then remember the Executor dwarfed both of those astronomically.

What's all this mean? You won't win. You and the entire army you hire will die very quick deaths. If you bring a truly massive, overwhelming army and fight the Executor on its own, you will have maybe five extra minutes before you and the entire army die very quick deaths.

It's not a suicide mission, it's suicide.

Are there any rates for how quickly the empire could produce fighters? That is to say, how fast does an average factory work once it's up and running? Does it pump out a hundred fighters a week? A month? A thousand?

Even if you miraculously (and miraculously is an understatement) got into the Executor, you'd still have to deal with many thousands of stormtroopers, crew, and officers. There's no chance at all.

The good news is that the group doesn't need to destroy it. They just need to get on board.

The way they figure it, Vader wants a duel with the last Jedi (this farmboy kid) and he's /definitely/ luring said Jedi into a trap. It's got trap written all over it in 50' high letters.

They figure that, given the chance, Vader plans to capture the kid, bring him to some audience room, and fight it out properly. All spooky lights and torches and glowing red lamps. And there will be an epic showdown.

Being good PCs (run by players who have been in my games before, and think that I'm some sort of Machiavellian supervillain), the party is going to walk into the trap. But they're doing it on their terms.

That means that Vader's not getting his epic showdown. He's getting a chaotic melee. And he's not getting brooding mood music. He's getting battle damage.

The PCs aren't trying to kill the Executor. They aren't even trying to hurt it, at least not severely. They're trying to catch Vader by surprise with a move so bold he won't be able to counter in time. The more distractions, counter-distractions, and moving parts.

At least, that's their plan, I think.

That is an excellent summary of a potential plan.

Again, the goal isn't to take the ship. It's to take Vader. Even if there's no escape.

Plus, the way they figure it, Vader would /want/ to leave a path for the Last Jedi to find him. Maybe even a conveniently unguarded hangar bay or something.

What he won't be expecting is the scum of the galaxy and all their toys and tricks following the farmboy in, causing as much havoc as possible, while their friends cause havoc outside. Dressed in Imperial uniforms, a small team could make it quite far inside the ship. After all, like you said, the crew is in the thousands, and they all dress alike.

see Okay, so Vader lures them into a trap. That could work. It's be obvious as all hell, since the players will somehow make it aboard the galaxy's most powerful ship without much trouble, it'll seem even weirder when they get aboard and find no resistance until they get to Vader, and even if they kill Vader or take him down, they'll still be facing around 38,000 stormtroopers, which was the standard troop completent of the Executor line, and have 250,000 crewmen who are also capable of fighting. If Vader dies, no one's left to stop them from killing the players, and they would most certainly kill the players. Palpatine couldn't fucking survive those odds, and a farmboy Jedi definitely won't. That's also assuming Vader loses to begin with.

>they'll still be facing around 38,000 stormtroopers, which was the standard troop completent of the Executor line, and have 250,000 crewmen who are also capable of fighting. [...] they would most certainly kill the players.

Correct. It's a one-way trip. The plan's first stages are so ludicrously unlikely to work, so dangerous, and so foolish that planning an escape is a waste of time. The PCs have been saying that they'll "figure it out once Vader is dead", but it's a hollow lie.

But still, if it works...

I don't think you realize how powerful an Executor is, and if you're going with the Death Squadron thing, it also has help. You'll need more than some freighters and dreadnoughts to take down an Executor alone, and with help, way more. Plus, what's going to make everyone suddenly and unanimously decide to contribute forces to attack the Empire? If the Hutts made open war with the Empire, a few thousand star destroyers would burn Nal Hutta to cinder and make the Hutt Cartels a minor footnote in galactic history. If the Banking Clan, which was under huge restrictions by the Empire anyway, attacked them, all their credits would be gone, which wouldn't be a concern anyway if they're dead or sentenced to life's labor in a spice mine. The Alliance? They don't even have a real navy by Hoth. Their whole fleet combined couldn't have beaten the Executor on its own at that point. It was a handful of capital ships with numerous weaker support ships, support ships that couldn't even dent the Executor. Blame the Rebels for using quantity over quality when it came to their naval antics.

I'm not trying to neg your game idea or rain on your parade, but if you're trying to reason this attack to be feasible, it just isn't going to be.

Do they really wanna end their story that quickly?

12-14 sessions is pretty good for a self-contained game, so yeah, sure, that will work.

Unless they come up with a better plan. Who knows?

Nobody's contributing forces, in that version of the plan. The PCs piss everyone - really, truly everyone - off, and get them to dispatch their punitive "fuck those guys up" fleets.

The PCs then lure those fleets into the heart of the Imperial fleet, with its dedicated Interdictors, and start a firefight. It's fight your way out or through, or die. And that's all the distraction they need to get on with the plan.

The Executor doesn't have to take a single scratch. it just has to be busy. Whether it's busy negotiating the surrender of a Banking Clan frigate or dealing with a small flotilla of Rebel agitators mixed into the fleet, or merely busy trying to turn in under six hours, it ought to keep most eyes looking out, and not in.

That's...

that's actually really clever, actually.

It's a decent plan.

It might be hours before anyone even realizes Lord Vader is dead. After all, he did ask not to be disturbed while he prepared a "special reception".

This brings up another good point. How many people know what Vader's really like?

Big scary dude in armour? Breathes in and out. Has a booming voice. Sometimes chokes people using magic.

Once the Emperor shows up, the "Weekend at Skywalker's" routine is going to fall apart, but until then, the PCs could potentially cause all kinds of havoc.

If they do kill Vader, there's not much else they can do. As soon as an officer finds out Vader is dead and that those people he ordered the crew to not attack are now fair game, the players have literally no possible way of escaping or fighting their way out.

Right, so... what if nobody needs to find out Vader is dead?

The party has a protocol droid, after all. A tall one. One that could fit into a suit of black armour and imitate a voice.

It might buy them enough time to get to a shuttle. Might. And even if it doesn't, what Imperial officer is going to /immediately/ assume that the invincible Lord Vader somehow died and was replaced while they were dealing with this whole "accidental armada" problem?

I don't understand the picture.

Keep in mind being the people who killed Darth Vader and burned all their bridges is a death sentence in and of itself.

Sheev will be fucking pissed beyond belief and you'll get inquisitors out the ass. Whatever poor evil bastard has the Executor after that will probably have murdering them as his very first assignment.

The rebels won't want that kind of heat on themselves for these assholes and it'll buy their fleet some time to regroup. Death Squadron will probably take a few weeks of to repair and while the new boss familiarizes himself with his new station.

Do you have any idea who'd get that posting? Being the new Vader in any sense of the term is a big job and I doubt Sheev would get anyone who either already has a SSD or is slated to get one a second.

My money is on Declann for what it's worth. He checks most of the same boxes Vader does, except Sheev already controls his son.

What if the title was "critical hit"? Or possibly "critical failure"?

Those laser sticks are dangerous.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

>Keep in mind being the people who killed Darth Vader and burned all their bridges is a death sentence in and of itself.

There probably isn't a word for what will be coming after them.

Only problem is, Sheev's a mad old space wizard, who upon seeing his pet monster fall, might immediately decided to go the route of corruption rather than vengeance. /Clearly/ he just had the wrong Skywalker...

>The rebels won't want that kind of heat on themselves for these assholes

Hadn't thought of that. They might be able to cut a secret deal (assuming survival, which is ludicrously unlikely) to take heat off the Rebels.

>Do you have any idea who'd get that posting?

Not familiar enough with the EU to even attempt a "canon" guess, but whoever it is, they'll be nervous.

Oh. Oh right.

Oh dear. Hadn't thought of that.

But that might actually be beneficial. Thrawn would be smart enough to see the crazy space wizard writing on the wall and possibly attempt a realignment, given the right circumstances.

Isn't Thrawn in the unknown regions?

Quite possibly, in Canon.

But in this game, who knows? Considering how far we've left canon behind, I'm not even slightly worried about it... should it ever come up.

>That time the PC's loaded up a bulk freighter with detonite, spice and twilek hookers

Otherwise know as "Tuesday".

Hit reply too early.

Depending on place in the timeline one of the other dozen is probably more likely. Declann for the aforementioned reasons. Grant would probably get it if Sheev wants political maneuvering and a larger occupying force in the Tapani sector, but that'd mostly be a specific thing. Zaarin might be fun, so when he turns sides and fucks Sheev over it hurts even more. Teshik would probably get passed over since the cyborg bastard is in the shitter with everyone. Tigellinus would probably also get passed over since he's a power grubbing bastard and Sheev wouldn't want someone who could challenge the rest of the empire so blatantly by having two Grand titles and a Super. Pitta seems crazy even by imperial standards so Sheev probably wouldn't go that far. Syn would probably be a good sycopant but not much else, though his devotion to the dark side would be convenient for manipulation, even if he can't use it himself. Ishin would probably be another favorite if only because he replaces martial power with raw bloodlust. Makati would probably be on the same list if slightly more even handed, since he knows not to question dark siders. Batch has the experience with superweapons so he'd probably be high on the list. Grugner would just be another sycopant.

I think Zaarin would probably be most interesting, since having that vast a fleet and that much raw firepower means he can probably fuck with the empire worse than the rebels, and would provide the PC's an "out". He'd probably give them an offer of "serve me or die" then send them off to fight any other would be Vaders.

Ishin would be most viable as an antagonist since he's bloody enough to probably make a mistake with raw firepower and give them an out that way.

But it's your game, that's just my assessment. It could be another admiral being promoted above the dirty dozen, in some crazy imperial political game. It could be a grand general. It could be an inquisitor or ISB type.

Hopefully running the Empire of the Hand as Zahn intends instead of dead in Rebels.

Yeah, I kind of hope one day they'd surprise me with a ship full of angry, overly stimulated rancors they tractored into a ships hold or become very ambitious by unleashing weaponized space slugs with jet packs and hyperdrives strapped to them
{spoiler]Today is not that day[/spoiler]
{spoiler]Tomorrow doesn't look good either[/spoiler]

Could someone clarify for me, in AoR Core, the number of weapons on the Interdictor-class heavy cruiser is 10, right? And in that description, the second time it says Forward and Port in the firing arc, it means Forward and Starboard, right? The weapons section is the visual equivalent of cholera in terms of how it's sorted.

In all honesty, it'd probably be Piett. He was already Admiral and right hand to Vader, so he'd probably be next in line.

Plus, he's level-headed, cool under pressure, and a very competent admiral, actually immune to the political bullshit that some officers got caught up in. He's just a dude who happens to be a really good naval leader, and if Vader died he probably wouldn't mind taking it upon himself to enact vengeance.

So, that happened last night.
I almost oneshoted an enemy "tank" with a force move (str upgrade x2 and 20 dmg left poor guy with a couple of hitpoints). And now my GM wants somehow to nerf it. What to do?

Speaking of Sienar, could there be a Tony Stark-style comeback story in the Nu-Canon where after Jakku Raith Sienar's company is basically torn apart because of the New Republic's anti-Imperial laws, he's left with no money and has to start from scratch to rebuild.

After escaping from a radical Resistance cell that wants him to rebuild the TIE Advanced for their use

>IN AN ASTEROID FIELD, WITH A CANISTER OF SCRAPS

Just followed Mark Hamill on twitter and man does he seem like a cool dude. His retweet of this was the first thing i saw in my feed today

>don't even try fighting one unless you outnumber it 12 to 1.

There are 12 x-wings in a squadron.
I dont see the problem here.

He let you play a jedi.
He should have expected this.

Lucky with dice or did you invest a lot of experience? Gms gotta learn that the dice are fickle, and that PCs get strong enough to wreck individual enemies pretty quickly if they go all out towards combat

Pretty much this.
I can throw a full blown nemesis at my players, fully decked out with great gear, and they'll rek his shit quite happily unless I go ham and give him personal shields or an AT-ST.
Which just feels like I'm punishing them, honestly.

The system is incredibly deadly to enemies. That said, it's pretty deadly to players, too. Just have to get the shot off first.

And what, precisely makes these utter mongoloids think they actually could kill Vader when they get there, IF they get there?

Do y'all watch Robot Chicken? If so, in RCSW3, during the Sheev narrated bits with Baba O'Riley playing in the background, is that a reference to something?

I watched the 2016 star wars celebration / 1 hour with MH the other day. Yeah, he's pretty cool.

I have ~100 spent exp. Combined with starting exp, i've almost reached FR2 and have hurl, strx2, manipulate, strip weapon, range upgrades. I've also have some talents in main spec and leveled skills.

Alright SWG, question for you concerning Imperial Inquisitors.

In the EotE game I'm running the group just landed themselves on The Shit List and have an Inquisitor on their tail. He's going to make an appearance "soon," just as soon as one or two more events take place in game, but I'm somewhat stumped on how to handle the encounter. How have you all handled the Inquisiton in the past? Suddenly Inquisitor roll initive?

How Ezra & Kanan run into the Grand Inquisitior works pretty well. Have the party working towards and objective only to have them realize it's a trap. Then have the Inky stroll in exhuding snark and confidence.

You'll have a problem with how all imperial stuff is super modular. We could use the tie fighter factory in the force unleashed as a guide, which looked to be doing one every few minutes, but in my opinion, it is very likely that factory is receiving large components in bulk and putting them together, maybe even just spheres and wings. I doubt the empire has any factories that are simply raw resources in, finished product out, bar the world devastators.
That opinion is probably headcanon, or at least legends, based on reading somewhere that an old excuse for the death star port was using modular ground base parts.
So I'd say as fast or slow as you want, just adjust the input resources to more or less refined if you want faster or slower. If you're basically just taking a few parts and welding them together, every few minutes. If it's raw durasteel or even ore going in, days maybe even weeks.
Alternatively look at the production rates of a car assembly line, and multiply that by a galaxy.

You may have done something wrong then... if you're only fr1, was then enemy next to you when you hit him with the move? Cus you need a pip for the power itself, then one for the strength upgrades, then one for range...

Anyone else read the new Thrawn book yet? I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. Zahn's continual purity-sueing of Thrawn is starting to get on my nerves, and Heir to the Empire was what got me into Star Wars in a seriosu way in the first place. But now he's not even really exiled, and he's even more of a goody-two shoes than before. Hell, they even retconned out that statement in Rebels that he was responsible for mass civilian deaths and is okay with it. I wanted the affable evil bastard back, dammit.

On the off chance that's a thing, I looked on the internet... and then there's this glorious, shameless bastard running around in public.

good that line got on my nerves too

Yeah, user is right
At 100 exp its impossible to use that much. You might have both goofed

>We might not know much about TLJ yet but I can safely say it's the future of Star Wars, and a bright, progressive one at that. Rey, a bold and strong female lead, meets Luke - the titular Last Jedi - so that the Force won't die. It's a metaphorical passing of the torch. The Jedi - conservative, loveless, repressed men - are dead. A new, diverse order rules.

So I want to stay out the BBEG that's somewhere between an Inquisitor and Vader in terms of power level (a little closer to inquisitor). Would 750XP be good? It's FFG's Force and Destiny rules

>What we're seeing is like poetry, it rhymes. In the old Jedi Order men and women fought as equals, but Anakin Skywalker ruined the ideal with Order 66. A Skywalker killed the Jedi dream and now a Skywalker forms the brighter future. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Wow, I hate Star Wars now

>Diverse
>Heir to the NJO is another goddamn human
>Main cast also still mostly human
Goddamn humies. Where's muh Jedi droid? Where are my Ewok fighter pilots and Gamorrean math prodigies?

Just in case anything happens with the NorKs, China, or Russia, I just want to say you wasted your lives

>I see online a lot of Empire apologists, they're generally alt-right manbabies frustrated that there's homosexuals and women in their secret club. I pity them because they're not able to read the most basic good versus evil narrative - the Empire are evil, and evil is the Empire. The Death Star, Stormtroopers, the Dark Side - evil fits the Empire like a glove. The Glove of Darth Vader.

Who is writing this stuff?

Well with the last reference to the Glove of Darth Vader, im pretty sure this is just tippity top shitposting, user dearest

A fellow who does an excellent Chuck Wingdings impression

Just bought pic related for five dollars. Is it any good? Minis are 6/10 (I'm used to GW models quality) but the game itself seems to be packed as fuck. Not sure if I should sell it or stick with it.

For 5 bucks? That's a steal and a half mate.
I haven't played it but i really want to. I've heard a lot of good about it.

Here's a pretty good vid on how it's played
youtube.com/watch?v=nj7SyVgbcIw

My thoughts exactly. Let them fight. Just remember to kill 1d4-1 to a minimum of 1 PCs a turn.

>The Glove of Darth Vader.

Who wrote this, Tricolus?

Where the fuck for 5 bucks? Its 100 new, been hunting for a sale

Site with local deals in neighbouring city. It was new and unopened but box was smashed. Luckily only one drone was ripped of its base

Bit of a random question here
Star Wars obviously draws rather a lot from the second world war, and I was wondering how many of you guys had grandparents or other relatives who were in the war, like if it'd be higher than the average

Bump?

Grandad on mom's side almost dragged Sweden into a shooting war with the nazis. Does that count?

Oh, now you've gotta share that story. Can't just say that shit and not follow up.

Grandfather and grandmother on my dad's side.
He was an allied soldier and she was an axis nurse.
It's quite hollywood really.

If you've want "very dangerous" as opposed to an inquisitor's "moderately dangerous", 750-800XP would be about right. But if you actually want half-way to Vader you're looking at probably like 1.5K. Vader is apocalyptically dangerous, like a 2k-2.5k build on the low end

My grandfather was the youngest of his six brothers. All seven fought in Patton's army.
Granddad got to the war later than the other six and fought in the invasion of Sicily, since he spoke the language, having immigrated to the US only ~12 years earlier. Most of the brothers went on to meet up somewhere in France, then my grandfather went on to fight at the Bulge and liberate at least one concentration camp. Don't know much else other than they all made it back home without so much as a scratch between them.
Granddad had a story about how he got shammed out of a Luger off of a Nazi he killed, but he got to bring home a cz38, so I have that now and it's pretty cool, but it's not a Luger.
Granddad was an infantry Browning 1919 gunner, btw.

Grandfather on my dad's side was RAF, spent the war dropping cargo out of planes to various sneaky gits in Europe, mostly Norway, and on my mum's side virtually the entire family including 4/5 of my great-great uncles (having killed the fifth before the war) were wiped out by the soviets.
I'm probably from about the youngest generation where people actually remember those grandparents, though.
It's weird to think that nearly every kid my youngest brother's age doesn't have any living memory of the war and even most my age don't

Welp, Grand-grand father fought for Kriegsmarine and grandfather was a Heer Hauptmann IIRC

All of my grand-grandparents took part one way or another. Grand-grandfather was in recon unit, grand-grandmother lived on nazi-occupied territory and was also a partisan.
I remeber how she said that imperial officers looked like nazis once.

Fake or real, I wouldn't be surprised if it were an actual quotation from someone working for the S(JW)torygroup, after the shit Wendig and the Essential Guides guy pulled that Disney was totally a-okay with.

>Empire apologists frustrated there's women in their secret club
>Empire had, and now again thanks to EA Battlefront 2 has, women

Opa on my mom's side was training to be a mechanic, got drafted into fighting on the eastern front and bailed, got captured, escaped, got re-drafted, and bailed again.

My mom's uncle was pretty young but worked as a courier for Polish partisans.

On my dad's side, his dad was RCAF and flew with Buzz Beurling over Malta. His great uncle survived Juno beach but died a few days later.

>mfw playing an Asian female stormtrooper captain in Battlefront

Cont. My other grandfather was infantry in Tunisia during WWII. I have one letter he wrote back to his mother detailing the enemy bodies piled knee-high on either side of the roads after a battle.
Flash forward to the 80's and my uncle (son of the granddad that fought in Europe) is stationed in West Germany. He took his LT's jeep out for a joyride and accidentally crossed the border into East Germany, got caught, told them he was a Warrant Officer to shut the interrogators up (he was really a cpl). It's a funny story.

>tfw want to run a campaign about hot-shot rebel fighter pilots and commandos, ala Wraith Squadron
>tfw fighter combat in AoR kind of donks, and the party would all have to be relatively the same because there aren't a whole lot of different things you can do in a cockpit

So Jawas.

Do they have some sort of mask with lenses in it that makes their eyes glow or is it just pure shadow from the hoods and that their actual eyes are glowing? I seem to find both in pictures on google, though to me the first part seems more logical.

Play WEG d6 instead.
Every pilot can invest into piloting and still have points to specialize in something else.

>pilots and commandos
>it'd be the same since you cant do much in cockpits

You literally just said you wanted to Wraith Squadron.
Who spend 50% of their books engaging in ground based shenanigans.

Go with one of the SWG fixes for space combat from the op post, and then just have them all be pilots who are also x or y.

Plus, there's all sorts of stuff you can do to make space more interesting for that if you want them to have unique stuff in space.

Things like Jesmin was better able to monitor comms, or Grinder could hack shit from his cockpit.
Sure, Tyria couldnt do much 'extra' from her cockpit, since her skills really lay in the stealth intrusion, but not everyone is going to have stuff that works.
That said, they dont have to - they'll all have different demeanors which will change how they work in space dramatically from one another.

In old canon, they had glowing eyes. In nucanon, nobody really cares enough to explain shit like that.

Jaws are rodent like with glowing eyes

Are the Rakata no longer considered canon?

Grandfather on dad's side never deployed overseas, he was 1939-45 in Darwin getting bombed and was placed as a mechanic, which is somewhat ironic as he was probably the dodgiest mechanic any of us ever knew. Great cook and baker- couldn't fix anything with an engine.
Grandfather on mum's side was 1941-45 as a Pioneer and section gunner fighting the Japanese all through PNG, Solomon Is, Bougainville and Timor. Basically spent either half of that being shot at, chasing Japs through horrible conditions or nearly dying several times from scrub typhus and malaria- through some twist of fate having both at the same time seemed to counteract the other.
Grandmother on mum's side was a nurse from 41-45, she worked mostly either out of Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns. Very tough old lady, though I kind of feared her doing anything medical to me as a kid, old timey "it'll fucking kill you or you'll get better" medicine is scary shit.

Out of the parents generation (including all uncles and aunts on both sides), avoided having anything to do with the military, so me joining up was considered 'extremely aberrant' and really only had the support of grandparents when I did.

The species itself is still in the Legends bin, though the name "Rakata Prime" has made it back into nucanon as a planet.

Fair points, I'm considering giving the players each a small budget to customize their fighters to give them a bit more flavour.

>Jesmin
>Grinder

I forgot how hard that series hit me in the feels

>Polish Satan detected

You forgot Runt.

Grandad was stationed at a AA battery in the far north of sweden at the time when the nazis sent aid to the finns to stop the ruskies.

To set the stage it was a something like a week after a ruskie bomber accidentally dropped bombs over a stockholm suburb. That event set the entire swedish military on edge and cause every AA emplacement to go on standing orders to down any and all unrecognized aircraft heading for swedish territory, as they were fearing that the bombing was a precursor to a larger invasion

Que one morning when grandad is rotated in on gunner duty on the battery, as the primary gunner was sick. Around midday he spots a aircraft coming in from finland on course for swedish territory, and as he couldn't identify it he began to zero in the gun on it and was about to pull the trigger when one of the spotters ran up to him, shouted for him to hold fire and pulled him bodily off the gun .

The spotter had at the last second identified the aircraft as a nazi transport plane (junkers trimotor if i recall what grandad told me correctly). Much later grandad spoke to some german officers heading up to narvik by train and learned that none other than Herman Göring himself had been aboard that airplane.

Had my Grandad fired he might have brought the plane down and killed one of Hitlers closest staff members, which would probably have drawn sweden into the war.

... I had until now

Sleep easy, gentle horse guy

That's a steal, dude. It's harder to find a group, but the game is solid. Quick to play, easy to learn once you figure out the weird dice, and good as either campaign or skirmish.

Start them off with extra XP like knight-level F&D, so that they can buy stuff for both roles
Satan yes, polish no. Scottish-German Canadian and West Ukrainian respectively

Yeah. Exactly.
Maybe they forever rest in peace.

But yeah. Shit like that could work.
The slicer can slice - though perhaps with setbacks unless he invests into customising his shipboard computer interfaces.
The comms specialist can get into enemy comms, the demolitions specialist might find a way to tweak the damage of his proton torps.
The commander might engage in strategy and give out bonuses to the group whilst flying.
The mechanic has fine-tuned ALL the ships, but his has been modified the most.

Just gotta be creative. Or, more to the point, your party have got to be creative.
I mean shit, look what Kell, Runt and was it Blue 9 and 10(?) did to Implacable with nothing other than bad acting and old encryption codes.

>Just gotta be creative. Or, more to the point, your party have got to be creative.
Yeah the entire Wraith Squadron was essentially a string of PCs thinking outside the box to overcome odds that were so stacked against them even a crooked bookie wouldn't touch 'em

Gotta love em.