Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This thread is an excuse to post a sailor moon 40K general image edition.

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for Tau best race

Requesting a Guardsman bullying a Nid

2nd for stop fellating necromunda

Man, I love depictions of intelligent Khornates like this. These guys are Berzerkers, the guys that are always memed about being irredeemably frothing mad, too. I really like this piece.

>want to paint more night lords after work
>sit down and play eternal crusade instead

I feel like I just keep making mistakes

Any suggestions for how to convert an Autarch on a Jetbike? The current kit seems old, and I do want to fit a Reaper Missile Launcher onto this guy so I can represent all the aspect warriors in my army.

First for the Dark City!

Will Primarch bullying a Daemon also do? I mean, loyal is loyal, and non-human scum is non-human scum anyway, no matter if xeno, mutant or heretic.

Why does it seem like people complain about Tau the most, and other things here and there like Mech and some other formations, rather than Eldar.

I was looking over the Eldar pages.
Good WS, BS, I, and all around stats. So great at shooty, close range, hit and run, Str:D, Psychic, weapon specials ( example bladestorm), Wraiths etc.
Eldar seem to be the best overall with no obvious weaknesses without touching cheese and formations but no one seems to be upset by this? Is there a secret place where people complain about them

Eldar don't pretend to not be bullshit.

It's more the fact that for some reason WAAC players gravitate towards Tau rather than Eldar.

Everyone knows Eldar are cheese, even their players. Most Tau players deny the cheesiness of their army though. Also, they're boring to play, because it's literally just
>set up gunline
>hope nothing manages to get into close combat
Every time.

any news about Dan Abnett novel 'Penitent'?

Yeah, Eldar are better than Tau. Tau might not even be in the top 3 of OP armies at this point. Space Marines have about as much claim to the spot with some of their formations.

It's mainly just holdovers from 6th edition and how easy it is to build and play a Tau list to stop any casual setting.

Eldar have to kind of focus on mobility with their bikes and target priority with their D weapons.

Riptides just sort of far AP 2 ignores cover blasts towards the enemy and it's hard to deal with that because there's 3 of them, while there's often only 1 Wraithknight

R8 my list. Archons are attaching to the 20man blobs to deepstrike them in.

Nothing since the last time, sorry user

Not enough venoms/10

That makes no sense for the WAACer though.

Wouldn't be an issue if GW gave some good CQC setups to choose from.
>Improve Breachers
>Mini Farsight crisis troops
basically assaulting crisis troops

Pretty much what others have said. Eldar players know their shit is busted, and either don't play, or actively run less powerful things.

The other reason is that tau can be really aggravating to play against. Jsj, ignores cover, plus a ton of special rules which take away their opponents options, as well as cover their weaknesses.

Green Tide
100 boyz
10 boss nobz
1 warboss
Will it do anything?

>basically assaulting crisis troops

That's called running them without weapons, because Crisis suits point-for-point are quite efficient in CC with no weapons

Breachers are pretty good for what they are, it's just that nobody takes them because better options for AP 2/3 exist from safer distances

Tau having a melee weakness is fine, but their rules encourage a gunline over mobility, and gunlines in general are a slog to play against.

If you kit out a Tau army with lots of infantry and pulse carbines, they give more exciting matches, since then they're constantly skirting the edge of assault, rather than sitting at 30 max range constantly trying to retreat.

Add a painboy and a mix of big choppas & power klawz and it will.

It wastes time in the movement phase. That's the real victory there.

start off with guardian on bike, grab a EML (possibly mount it on the bottom), and helm to taste. on a similar note i think a mix of dragon princes and guardian on bikes could work for shining spears

Guess I'll need to finally get that second box of Windriders then. Although I might make it 2 and just get a 5 man squad with Catapults.

Well that didn't seem very fun at all.

This right here. Eldar are very powerful but each unit for the most part has their vulnerabilities that can be exploited if you know what your doing. Outside if the super units like WK, D-scythe WG, and scatbikes they play like chess pieces. Psychic powers are another level but that is affecting more than just Eldar. Tau vulnerability is assault but are given rules that effectively neuter any attempt to exploit it (like combining overwatch and jsj) almost forcing you to play the ranged game against them followed by markerlights heavily stacking it in their favor with ignores cover and further boosting BS with potent guns. On top of that, outside of deepstrike grav spam marines few armies can bring enough fire power to bare on things like riptides and stormsurges to bring them down before they are ash from all of the other supporting units blowing through any defenses you have.

It's just a grind.

>ork can down a space marine in two choppa slashes
I thought orks weren't a melee race

Takes 3 choppa boyz on the charge swinging 12 times all together to kill a marine, on average.

eternal crusade :)

Thought we were talking about the minis.

Eternal Crusade is another story.

>Orks shooting as accurate as Smurfs
>OHK Shotas
>MFW OHK Choppas
>Heavy Weapons used as standard
>I'm looking at you, megakanon

I fought a 1—on—1 shooty engagement against an ork. Bolter Vs. Shota. Both hitting. The Ork survived.

Fulfilling my previous goal to do something for my older, lacking fists and gave their cruddy, wash-coated, unfinished rhinos an extreme makeover into much sexier siege hot rods.

Im thinking I'll run them at 1250 with two kheres asscan contemptors for maximum asscan power. Maybe stick in my dorito for triple dreadnought action and have special weapon combat squads in the razors. Not sure what to use for the rest.

What's everybody working on? I'm gonna start hammering out some more marines.

>>MFW OHK Choppas
>play ground assault because lol f2p
>put shield up
>ork chops right through my shield without damaging it and hits me
>immediately start flailing my chainsword around him
>none of my hits do damage
>he warps behind me and downs me
actually made me rage desu

Space Marines already get all the good stuf in the game. A halfway decent Marine player mops the floor with all the other races desu.

I know the feeling...

I think I'm not a bad player and still get steamrolled by Eldar and Ork players. Ork ones a little bit less, nowadays, but, you know. I think there's a balance issue in the game. Not speaking of the useless anti—armor weapons and how shitty the vehicle physics are.

Except Eldar and Tau.

WTF, Tau in Eternal Crusade?

Dunno, Orks need a lot of coordination and good players to work (ot the WAAAGH!!!), else they get steamrolled themselves. Eldar are really frail, if you don't make heavy use of cover as a shooty one, you are basically dead. But there's always some faggot one- or twoshotting a heavily armored Dark Reaper with his Stalker Bolter.

Oh, you were talking about a video game.

A freaking Scorpion one—hitted me yesterday. You cannot fire at what you cannot see. I find them pretty OP. I think I haven't won a single battle against the Eldar with the LSM

Yes, sorry.

Also, I have been disconnected from the releases in the tabletop, so I don't know how everything is going in that matter

>play Supremecy
>literally just need to hold one point with time on it
>fuckers keep trying to cap other points back
>literally lose last second because half the team left to cap with 30s left

Shit is infuriating

same game? 27 spawn tickets left on B for me

now less than five

The game is over. There were no tickets for this

This is making me want to play the tabletop game oddly enough.

But no weapons for choppy is unfun even if it is efficient

would you guys let me run Tempestus Scions in just regular Taurox's if I hypothetically played against you?

apparently GW is shit at writing rules and you cant take them with Scions. They can only take Chimeras and Taurox Primes.

30k > Age of Sigmar >>> 40k > pile of shit >>>> Fantasy

I want to play badly, but my army isn't even big enough and I don't have anyone to play with. I'm sticking to Vassal until I find someone/get the army running.

those look really nice man, the red is a bit flat but the rest of the paint job is really neat. The bases are great too!

As for the list I guess you could upgrade the tac squads to devastators. the extra fire support and cover from the razorbacks would be good for them. Then give them Lascannons and Missile Launchers so you can benefit from the Tank Hunter USR.

Also personally for Imperial Fists im a fan of lots of scouts. Since theyre the most efficient pointswise and also pump out a huge amount of firepower due to the Imperial Fist Chapter Traits.

You can make the scouts more armoured looking with the tempestus scions helmets if you dont like the shrek heads they have.

>having an opinion as wrong as this one in the current year

As game systems? Swap the pile of shit with Fantasy and then 40k with Fantasy and you'e about right, though there needs to be less differentiation between AoS and Fantasy. As fluff? 30k, then fantasy, then 40k, then AoS.

Guys, Nippon is going to be included! I found some leaked screenshots of their units!

Looks pretty nice dude (coming from a DE guy here) and the ynnari cheese is somewhat acceptible due to the flaws of the current dex and also because the model is gorgeous

Don't or I'll spend all day playing Shogun 2.

Actually now that I think about it, if Japan was somehow in Medieval Total War or something, what would their strengths and weaknesses be? Ignoring how it wouldn't make much sense to have them of course.

I'm sort of behind on Eldar Lore, last time I checked deathwatch fucked the whole Ynnead plan, who the fuck is Yncarne?

When the troops break they go full harakiri lol

They only disrupted the plan, they didn't fully prevent it. They only really prevented the massive psychic flash that would have drowned out the astronomicon.

Yeah I thought it went tits up too but apparently it all worked out fine (just as planned??) And the Yncarne is effectively the avatar of Ynnead, the god of death. Hence why the model has slaanesh-y vibes as ynnead is like... a sibling (i think?) to slaanesh, created to swallow him/her up. I'm not the moat knowledgeable and i'm sure another user will be able to provide a more detailed account.

They sort of fucked it up but they sort of didn't.

Rather than awaken Ynnead proper they only created a shard (shards?) of him who is now going around with the Ynnead eldar crew collecting souls to feed itself, so it may obtain true godhood.

Imagine a world where you could take 10 man HQ squads.

I M A G I N E

God no, that just makes them even more broken. Instead GW needs to fix the fucking shooting phase, bring the newer weapon profiles back in line with the power level of Bolters and Plasma Guns, turn Overwatch into an actually interesting mechanic instead of just having it be second shooting phase for the Tau and buff melee mobility again (allow consolidating into melee again) to make placement more important. Suddenly Tau have to actually react to their opponents instead of just sitting back and shooting.

Also, Suits need to be knocked down to WS2 and WS3 for commanders, bring back tha armies actual weakness, and the 2+ suits need to be 3+ and all the invulns removed.

So Ynnead is sort of like Khaine right now? But with a permanent avatar instead.

If they were so intelligent why are they all dead now

Smart people die all the time. Such is the random nature of chaos. You can't prevent your own death, just take steps to postpone it, until daemonic ascension. Then you're immortal and don't need to worry.

Holy fuck.

I'm pretty sure that 90% of the CSM faction in Eternal Crusade has downs. Like literally ultra downey soft in the head.

>Ynnead
Ynnead i probably one of the things that pisses me off the most about Gathering Storm. Instead of having her actually split into multiple avatars so people can actually run ynnari with "their dudes" they turn the yncarne into a fucking named character. Why the fuck is GW sucking the cocks of characters so fucking hard? What happened to making your own lore? I don't want to use GW's snowflake #247

Yncarne is just the avatar of Ynnead
The Yncarne was made/birthed from bel-tan while the craftworld was infested with slaanesh daemons. I think GW was trying to hint that the Yncarne is possibly corrupted by slaanesh, but their writing is terrible. The thing so far has just been a mute retard that just runs straight at the enemy.

Until a certain vampire breaks your spine

Well...they are like the Loyal SM but with sorcerers and autocannons.

Still enough to tell the story

>Also, Suits need to be knocked down to WS2 and WS3 for commanders, bring back tha armies actual weakness
Are some people actually afraid of crisis suits in combat? Its one fucking commander, that has no access to any sort of close combat weapons. WTF is giving it WS 2/3 going to accomplish.

>Are some people actually afraid of crisis suits in combat?
No, but the game desperately needs more defnition in the character of different armies and just upping everyone to WS4 because >lolHQ
is dumb as shit.

Oh, and of course the Melee to-Hit table desperately needs fixing as well.

I think the point is that tau's one weakness, melee, should be just that. A weakness.

The smash special rule already allows all of tau's mc's to kill shit in cc way easier than they should be able to. Having a commander able to hit back on 4's against most things is kinda dumb.

I recognize this list, and I whole heartedly approve.

Considering the Deathwatch Watch Master got himself a Custodes Spear, what are the chances they could get one of those guns as a Relic choice ? How many points would it be worth, 15-25 ?

WS 2 is functionally identical to WS4 when hitting WS 4, which is the problem. This only gets worse with higher WS. Someone with WS3 hits WS 3-6 the same as WS6 hitting WS6.

What's OP atm?

Gonna play pimpcrons, are they as bullshit as shooting armies were in necromunda?

New leaks and 8e info when?

I need something new to make me hype about the game again.

Actually ws2 hitting ws4 would be a 5+ to-hit.

Spamming grav weapons
A lot of the 'decurions' (formations that give you special rules for bringing certain models) that exist to get people to buy more shit.
Eldar

What's the difference between Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii?

HEY GAIYZ PIMPCRON HERE WITH ANOTHER GAY REVIEW ON SOME GAY SHIT DONE IN A GAY ANNOYING WAY.

I HAVE ADHD AND GET PAID TO BE A FAGGOT.

P.S I am a tryhard faggot named Pimpcron

Rate my Melee to hit table

Cult is mostly high toughness servitors and robots, with a couple of utterly dogshit melee units. Skitarii are a bunch of disposable cyborgs backed up by walkers.

You can't?

T. Guard Player

guard can't either dingus. unless you count the advisors which arent exactly ablative wounds.

5+3 advisors + commissar + priest

Yeah checks out.

See
Where do you come from where that doesn't equal TEN MEN?

wow, haha

great post

>Guard can't either as long as you dont count the upgrade that lets them.
Dish soap ain't for drinking, Timmy.

wow haha

great post

Did you just assume my Commissar's gender?
REEEEEEEEEE

wow, haha

great posts

Go to bed, Phil. You gotta take Leanne to her bull at 3