Strictly as a matter of power, what would it take for your character to bow?

Strictly as a matter of power, what would it take for your character to bow?

Do they care at all about the appearance of surrender? Do they only bow to those rightfully better? Would they ever bow to the vile? The meager?

Seeing other people bow.

What kind of autistic retard can't pick up on basic social ques.

Its like sitting down during an anthem, sure you can do it but people will give you funny looks.

I play L5R so anyone that plays an 'I don't bow, I'm ain't a submissive bitchboy, I'm a true alpha male' character is having their character commit social suicide. In fact, they'll quite probably commit genuine suicide as well.

>playing a game of L5R

All it takes is a character of higher status

My current character would know when it is time to bow and when it would be acceptable not to. Because he is very good at picking up social mores and customs.

>playing a t'skrang, i.e. proud lizardfolk
>be rogue
>huge rock skull falls from thebsky, claims it's a god
>pull huge balista, lying in sniper mode, shoot at it
>nothing
>party throws all they have at it
>nothing
>skull says we have one last chance to live if we bow to it
>party bows
>everybody looking my way
>keep holding trigger
"I've been on my knees the whole dam time!"

Depends whose anthem.
So it depends who everyone is bowing to.

Get fucked if you think I'll stand for your anthem buddy old pal.

le drumpf is #notmypresident amirite

As the grandson of a baron with zero chance to inherit, if a person is a member of the Peerage, my PC bows immediately, ready with a piece of flattery from the endless gossip and tales he hears about the person in question (ie a very high knowledge (nobility) score). However, he is both a cleric and wizard so great piety and knowledge will also elicit this action and it will be more genuine in sentiment.

Not really.

Who the president is makes no difference.
You do not bow to an elected official anyway. Ever.

Le drumpf presidency is hilarious up until he starts an actual war.
If he does there better be a fucking draft!
New uniform, redcaps.

A peak up the lady skirt.

Two space empires locked in a cold war. One space empire is willing to make humanity a client race of theirs. The other space empire is willing to conquer humanity if they can find an excuse to do so.

My options are to bow to one of these two empires, or trigger a war between the two. Yeah, a lot of xenos died.

People to bow for:
Grandmother : badass warlord, one-armed, legendary, serving as shogun.
Herald:waifu, voice of the ancestral goddess, liege/priestess/lover
Secondboy: ruler of rival house, ex. In this case it would be a polite fiction, a gesture of respect, a friend's effort to inflate his status as newly acceded house head
Figurehead: blessed child, 'sibling' of MIA enemy house leader; bowing to her happened only once and really grated on the ol' ego, and was more a favor to grandmother who is ostensibly "serving" as her guardian and general.

I'll bow to anyone; I don't give a shit.

I'll bow to the servants just to make them uncomfortable.

>A peak up the lady skirt.
Futa belongs on /d/.

clevergirl

She would cursie or however it's spelled to anyone worth of respect. She's a noble not an unwashed barbarian. I think you meant *kneel* not bow.

As for kneeling, Kings or Queens in their own court. That's basically it...

Curtsy

You're gonna have to break his legs. Currently playing as one of those "sovereign citizen" types for the hell of it.

>be pally
>me and other PCs finally met the king
>we all bow to him
>all except for the dumbass CN rogue
>king stops, his guards come close and ask why he isn't bowing
>"You have no power over me, I'm a free person who recognize no authority."
>rogue is kicked out of the castle
>miss king rewards and get salty
>none of the PCs give him a gp
Nobody told him to be retarded.

>Strictly as a matter of power, what would it take for your character to bow?
My character loathes nobility, especially tyrants. She will bow as a polite gesture when it's a commoner or peasant, but she will rarely, if ever, bow to a monarch or lord unless she recognizes that they're a fair and just ruler that keeps their subjects' and servants' needs ahead of their own.

She herself is a former princess, but when bowed to by commoners or servants, she politely mentions that there's no need for them to bow. Heck, she's more than likely to bow to them first before they get a chance to bow to her.

Her behavior basically stems from her philosophy of "Lords should serve their subjects, not the other way around".

You don't know how relieved I am to hear someone else say this.