draftsim.com/
mega.nz/#!V8wAgLAC!h5m0qiM1cjZIT8s3-rsO0l2M2oAbB4xAf6uqMSz3S0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

strawpoll.me/12748139
strawpoll.me/12748139
strawpoll.me/12748139

>Green is third
Why?

I dunno. Green gives you both fixing and ramp in this set.

I really don't know, Red has some really good creatures but they are few and far between while Green has a fuckload of cheap and way ahead of curve beaters that can easily get rid of their downside with any of the cheap embalming creatures.

RG seems the most solid if the deck ends up being 90% commons
WR exert with untap/vigilance abilities seems nice, but depends on key uncommons
WB durdly/stally not my thing
UB cycle idk looks weird and sort of needs good late game creatures to close games
GB looks interesting, still figuring out the shitty counters thing
UG could be a thing
WU Skies is always a limited all star, but this sets fliers are super vanilla imo
WG like WU Skies is always solid in limited imo

Hoping for a good pool of cards this weekend

you seem to have steered the hivemind

my first thought was also green, but blue tied for last doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It didn't get a lot of good early reveals, but after full spoilers it turned out to be a solid color. White has no legs imo because at common it's trash tier and its only truly good cards are at rare

nothing wrong with vanilla fliers. Fucking downside drakes won me my last AER sealed. That said I think a different color would be better to support blue this set

Green and black are my mains, with white support if I get the good cheap embalms. that's magic christmasland though, just need to see what I get.

Hinterland Drake was the best common in AER limited, not being able to block all the 1/1, 1/2, and 2/1 artifacts was barely a downside.

A friend and I are hitting up a 2HG prerelease. We're planning on jamming green as much as possible in one deck and probably white in the other, with other colors to flavor. From our limited experience with the Amonkhet simulator, red and blue don't feel consistent enough. Cartouche tribal is insane though - the black trial and the green trial lead to total board control.

>Pre-release
>Draft

Aren't these sealed?

Who said anything about draft? Sealed is a limited format.

>Planning on going to the prerelease?
I've still to decide
>What archetypes are looking good?
cycle, exert and token seems all good, maybe embalm/zombie too
>What do you hope to open?
possibly not dispossed...

I have no idea where I read that either. Nevermind!

My friend and I are going to three events, two normal pre-releases and a 2HG.

I'm really hoping I can play red Hazoret, I'm usually Aggro as fuck, and end up in Top Deck mode more often than not. She's just my jam.

I am hoping to open two of her cause I think she has a place in my Modern Naya Zoo deck.

Yea THG
>What archetypes are looking good?
In limited? Heckbent and zombos
As foretold and gids

>all these scrubs talking about how they want to force x color in a sealed event
>not playing the best cards of your pool

Its okay I guess. More easy wins for me.

It's not so much about forcing a color as hoping for a color.

As weird as it sounds, white have the best common/uncommon removals in this set.

Why would that be weird?

Where can I find people to draft Amonkhet for cockatrice? I tried dr4ft but it was empty

Yeah
Really hope to get at least one harsh mentor.

>Go to prerelease
>Get your pool color-sorted
>See this
What do you do? There's also only 1 mana dork and 1 piece of ramp in the pool.

If i'm plannig on playing mono green, is naga vitalist a good replacement for channeler's initiate?

Been running some sealed pool generators, and Sealed looks like a really bad format for this set. The archetypes are too diverse, you can almost never end up putting together a deck that looks fun.

But then I started trying 2HG pools. It looks absolutely insane. You can almost always make 2-3 incredible decks, the power level is crazy.

I think I'm only going to hit my store's 2HG event.

WR seems the best to me if you get even a couple good uncommons.
WB or RG seem next best to me, and again depend on uncommons.
GB could trump WB and RG if you get the synergy, but is less likely to happen i think.

U is a horrible main color this set, but also the best splash color. If you get a few evolving wilds, it might be worth splashing into any combination, but otherwise any deck with blue will be like Wu or Gu and not WU/GU.

Of course, all this could go out the window if a mythic shows up as well.

I really hope I can build a boros wins deck. Always been my favorite style.

>sealed pool generators
link? None of the generators i've tried have been working last few days.

Probably not play any of them

But if I decided to try I would run the blue-black cycling deck to guarantee I hit my land drops and 2 second suns by turn 8 or 9, plus every defensive creature I could, splashing whatever white bombs I had.

Run the blue untapper for ramp as well if its in the pool

Two of the fun things i will run if i got them.
If i got two of them Suns and a bunch of good white cards.

If i got two of either Drake Haven and Faith of the Devoted and enough cycling cards, i will run them.

Going to the Saturday at noon one local to me.

Oh, cause its been 5 years since i played. Cycling is a sorcery effect right?

What are the fucking odds of opening this pool. I seriously should stop with the simulators.;_;

tis what was left on the sideboard

i kind of want to go but it has been 10 years since i've played magic and i've not talked to the only friend i have who might go to the prerelease for 2 months.

;_;

enjoy dropping like a brick if i put a 4 drop on the field.

if your white is playable they can be your sideboarded wincon against non aggressive decks.
i wouldn't bother in the main deck. maybe.

Depends on removal and the rest of the playables in white. Assuming white is good and i have access to them i would play 2. It's a pretty release, you know that I'm gonna jam stupid cards if i can

take two and definitely try to build around them if my white and blue cards are decent. make sure I get a lot of cyclers as well so I can find them more quickly.

Instant speed :)

This will be what happens to me period

Don't say that, you'll make gA sad.

Hitting up 2 with my brother in law who is new to prerelease but not to sealed, midnight one saturday and morning one sunday.
Planning on doing the Trials?
Probably not, I don't like standard much and will only go down to the lgs's for drafting or pick up ordered singles
What archetypes are looking good?
Cycle
What do you hope to open?
Opened a mythic every prerelease I've been to since BFZ so hoping I continue the tradition

I use Draftism
draftsim.com/

I was using that for a while but when i got 2 sealed in a row with fucked pulls, like 5 evolving wilds or 4 cartouche of.... blue, knowledge i think. That doesn't help.

Do it fucking anyway. I managed to go 2-2 in AER while running 7 bloody rares, it can't get much worse.

magicdrafting.com is usually pretty solid.
Or you if you got the time you can download Xmage and play with people or bots. Sometimes new sets are buggy in the first week, but so far it looks pretty good.

Can anyone make a list of bombs?

This is my first prerelease, I started a week ago. Could someone make an infographic of what to look for?

Or just a list, I can make an infographic out of that. I simulated 6 packs and now i'm trying to make a deck out of these proxies

You'll have a way easier time doing sims using one of the sites mentioned above.

As for bombs, there are a bunch of 4/4 fliers, those are always good. Glorybringer, Seraph of Suns, Angler Drake, those guys. Except for the blue one the gods are pretty ok and obviously planeswalkers.
Removal that can reliably take out two or more cards is obviously good, and repeatable effects will help you if the game gets grindy.

It looks like it has the ability to make a deck out of a list of cards. Is it possible to input your own sealed list and it churn out a deck?

Doing it myself, thought I'd share

These are top tier bombs

Tier 2

Tier 3

I've never played Magic before, but at my Uni the group plays a lot and I really like Egyptian stuff so I was thinking about picking this game up. Out of those two Planeswalker decks, which would be the better choice?

I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to go to a pre-release for this set. The set doesn't look like it's a lot of fun beyond a few extremely pushed cards.

But it really can't be worse than what my Aether Revolt pre-release was so there's that.

in the long run they both suck hard so pick whatever seems more appealing to you

Oh... should I just grab a bunch of boosters or one of those bundles/deckbuilders toolkits instead?

Go to prerelease. Find a local game shop in your region and see if they're having a prerelease event.

You'll pay $25 for 6 packs which is already a deal. Plus you'll get a box a promotional card and a rolldown hitpoint dice which is great.

You take the cards you open from the 6 packs and play in a tournament with them. In my experience everyone is super helpful when you're first starting and they might just build your deck for you.

Learn the rules first, there are plenty of youtube videos, then have fun diving in headfirst! (Seriously it's super casual and $25 bucks for 6 packs and a tourny is a wicked deal!)

In general, the pre-built decks are not very good, but they're fine to pick up and play against a friend to learn the rules.

Once you know how to play, you can play 'Limited' events such as Draft, where you pay an entry fee and then pass around booster packs taking a card each time. You then play each other with decks made of your picks. Your local store or group probably runs one of these every week and will be welcoming to new players.

If you want to play Constructed, where you build you own deck and bring it to play against other people, you should trade for or buy specific cards that you require. Your local store or group probably runs one or more of these events each week, but they are a little trickier to get to grips with; you should ask them for advice.

Never buy booster packs or other sealed products just to get the cards. It's just like buying scratch cards; gambling with terrible odds.

Unless it's prerelease, that's guaranteed value

>Aven
>bomb
what are people even tutoring for, lands?

It's also a flash 2/1 flier
Pretty decent

That gets removed by everything.

>Merciless Javelineer
Holy shit! Cow tits?!

Why no black trial? Hell, All the trials deserve to be on the list somewhere.
Why no Scarabs on -1/-1 counters (tier 3 sure, but if you get the cards it could be a game winner)?

I don't really see how hellbent will be possible in limited as a "plan A" unless you target your self with discard.

Cycling in the same set is also pretty shit for synergy.

>insult/injury
Did you put it up there just because it's a rare?

What's the removal like? I know white has that Pacifism kind of enchantment as usual....it's also tempting to use blue for "counter target creature spell"

The exclusion of Essence Scatter in the list proved that the guy knows nothing about limited play.

>Person taps out during their turn since no visible threats
>Flash in right at the end of their turn
>Throw a few buffs on the bird
>Swing to win

In Limited I could easily see this taking games just like how I've often seen people stomp inexperienced players with that vanilla beater you pull.

The cards are pretty solid overall. No BIG extravagant mechanic, but I can see lots of these cards playing in several other formats.

But I think this is a pretty shitty set to play in limited since I think most of the cards in it work better with other cards in standard or in other formats. They don't work all that well with just other cards in the set.

So what do you get for doing the 5 trails? just a shitty triangle dice per each one you do?

>magical Christmas land scenario

Not an argument.

I have only won one game like this in my 10 years of drafting and sealed events.

They better bomb is that flyer that buffs your guys for +1/+1

Plus there is plenty of instant speed removal this set.

>Unless it's prerelease, that's guaranteed value

Even if your prerelease is flat prize structure and you're getting 8 packs for $25, that's an EV of below $16.

Buying sealed product is a fool's bet. Especially a standard set.

Of course if you enjoy playing Sealed, that's a good price and I encourage people to play at prerelease events.

No. You still get two boosters with the deck. They suck but get one and have a friend get the other. They're designed to TEACH YOU THE GAME. The power level is low so people don't hoard them and so that the games go longer so you can better learn. They're also intentionally inconsistent (no sets of four cards). They are "noob traps" but they're just there so you can play casually.

Buy one and play the other one casually to learn the game. Then never buy it again for any future sets. Don't ever play one or a variant thereof at even an FNM unless you're prepared to lose every game.

Buy cards as singles if you want to save money. Use packs only for drafting or sealed. Opening packs is fun but really expensive.

Go to the prerelease. Nobody fully knows how the cards all will work out. This is the first chance to play the cards. Everybody only gets six packs for their deck. The playing ground is as level as possible. This a huge noob friendly event. You will be there for several hours just plan accordingly.

Yo I spent all fucking afternoon working on this file because I fucking suck at deckbuilding and I needed help myself putting together a deck.

Hit the top button and enter in all your cards, hit the middle button to sort by "power" to look for bombs, hit the third button to see how powerful each color is in relation to the other colors you drew

Go to prerelease guys!

mega.nz/#!V8wAgLAC!h5m0qiM1cjZIT8s3-rsO0l2M2oAbB4xAf6uqMSz3S0Q

forgot link. I'll be working on this till saturday so I might post improvements later, but since it's 2am I've decided to stop working for today

Tier 3 doesn't mean bad, just means not as good as tier 1 or 2

Yes, but you get a shiny land of you do all of them

If youre not familiar with lgs events, DON'T go to a pre-release. The crowd is fucking weird.

But yeah, just get ONE deck and ONE toolkit. You won't need to buy any of those again later even if you're a serious casual. I bought whatever precon decks and toolkits I could find and now I have this fat stack of worthless cards.

He would still have summoning sickness.

God I hate sealed.

My bombs are always in the wrong color. I get fucking janky build around rares with no cards to support them. I never have enough creatures AND removal in just two colors.
I legitimately don't understand how to make a proper sealed deck. It always ends up garbage.

This. Watch me get six Approach of the Second Sun. I prefer Draft ten thousand times to sealed, it rewards skill, deckbuilding and understanding of the format better than "lol here's your random pile of jank i hope you cracked a bomb and removal if not tough luck pal".

Fortunately enough I happen to at least top 8 every time I do sealed in my store.

Why would you talk about something you don't have any idea?

I think that amonkhet sealed, considering all the mana mana fixers and the cycle lands, is safely a three-color format. Also: a good curve with efficient common creature is better than any bombastic goldfish bomb.

A creature must exist for one consecutive turn.

Coming in on an opponents turn isnt a full consecutive turn the creature has completed

Since the beginning of that players most recent turn.
So you play a creature on main phase 1, it is after the start of this turn, your most recent turn, and so it cant tap.
Play creature w flash on opponents end step, your turn rolls around, you have controlled it since the start of your most recent turn (this turn) so it can do stuff.

You're playing on your opponents turn, not yours.

The original discussion was about flashing in aven mindcensor end of opponents turn, with one person saying "its one full turn for summoning sickness"

Which is wrong because summoning sickness only cares about the start of your most recent turn, so flashing it in at end of opponents turn works.

But the creature wasn't brought in on the players most recent turn, it came in during the opponents turn.

That doesn't matter.

From the glossary of the Comprehensive Rules (Aether Revolt (January 20, 2017))
Summoning Sickness Rule
Informal term for a player’s inability to attack with a creature or to activate its abilities that include the tap symbol or the untap symbol unless the creature has been under that player’s control since the beginning of that player’s most recent turn. See rule 302.6. See also Haste.

You flash in a creature end of opponents turn, when it becomes your turn the creature will no longer have summoning sickness because it was on your side of field when turn started. It doesn't matter when it got played, because summoning sickness is "was it on your side of field when turn started"

Ah. I'm gonna fuckin crack my "my friend is a judge" guy.

He's been getting away with some horseshit.

>three colored
Only if you play green.

Don't fall in love with your rares. See that common 5/5 for 5? Those are decent stats for that cost. A 6/7 hexproof uncommon for 6cmc? Fucking limited bomb right there

I agree that draft is way better but it makes sense to be sealed for pre-release.

Goat tits.
Amonkhet has been good for those into anthro women.

painted bluffs, evolving wilds, cycle lands...you've already all the tools for the third color even without the Gift of paradise

having tried to build some online generated sealed pools, i think that most of the rare bombs that would be worth splashing require double colored mana.Almost all multicolor cards don't have a gigantic powerlevel and are more oriented with synergizing with the colors themes; many cards that makes certain colors attractive are only really good when played on curve.

splashing might not be hard (basically everything that isn't a bomb only requires one colored mana) but might simply not be too profitable.

>aven
>bomb

>shitty B archer ever doing anything
>monuments

KEK.

>forgetting about the 7 mana 7/7 wurm that cycles for 2.

Fill the rest of the deck with cycling, removal and defensive cards and make a go of it.

Yeah, exactly. Like the scarabs are good enough to count as a bomb. Even if its the lowest tier of bombs.