Other urls found in this thread:

sgiz.mobi/s3/75fccdb56af9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Halflings are made for cock

REMEMBER TO FILL OUT THE SURVEY

sgiz.mobi/s3/75fccdb56af9

You misspelled "kobolds".

This.

you think my players will get annoyed if i have a different gay beholder in all of my campaigns, im about to introduce my third.

fpbp

>gay beholder
>gay
>beholder
No such thing. Beholders reproduce asexually and even then the only thing they ever find attractive in any way, form, or manner is themselves.

homo means the same :^)
but im not meaning sexually, i mean acts camp.

Looking for some advice on two situations that happened in my game last night:
1. We took a break halfway through where I went to the bathroom and when I came back I caught one of my players looking through my notes. For the rest of the night every enemy "for some reason" attacked that player and they all "somehow" got critical hits. I'm wondering if I went a little far. What would you have done in my position?
2. How do you handle the PCs trying to remember things (e.g. what an NPC told them not to do, where they heard the roaming goblin hoard was, etc)? I can't decide if things like this are handled with an intelligence check or a history check

Absolutely have a camp beholder or three. Just make sure that the party runs into at least ONE normal beholder to have something to compare it to.

Just do it.

1.i wouldnt have done anything in game, just yell at them and throw them out of a window.
2. i cant help with, one of my players constantly takes notes.

> party doesn't have Wizard
Should I go Knowledge Cleric for Intelligence base-skill? We will be playing Curse of the Strahd.

thats actually some good advice, i'll take it to heart.

2) would be intelligence check.

History is for historical events,legendary people,ancient civilization etc. All the text book stuff.

>What would you have done in my position?
Changed anything that could have been found in the notes, though not so drastically that I lost what I was doing.

Making it so overt with the critical hits was probably a bad move, though punishing them isn't a bad idea in and of itself.

You won't need that much intelligence-based skills. You absolutely will need some form of control, though, and turn undead.

Well.. I'm going for Cleric for sure, since I know my friends will always go for "Muh damage". Just haven't decided on my Domain yet.

Can a beholder become a Litch? If so does it already have an actual name like the dragolitch?

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌----▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌-----------▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

>if you balance around one method, you'd probably intend that method to be your default, right?
Yes and no. I can imagine it being the case that they started with rolling stats, built the system around the mid-range stats, and then said "well we could just give them an option not to have it as random and just use the figures we based the system on".

That is to say, the array is built around the balancing, rather than the other way around. That wouldn't make it the default system.

>You could definitely balance around both random rolling (by diminishing the importance of stats, for example using OD&D modifiers, or using stat-independent modifiers for abilities)
That would make it a different game, though. Assuming they balanced around rolling but with the assumption in place that you'll end up with average midrange stats, you wouldn't want to reduce the value of the stats just to make it more balanced, necessarily. It'd be like baking a chocolate cake and then scraping off half of the icing in case someone doesn't like chocolate.

>In fact, I'm thinking the stat-caps are part of damage control for rolling and poitnbuy, so they don1t throw off the math too much.
Probably true.

>Lichholder
>Belich
>Belicher
>Bicholder

>take Lich statblock
>add eye beams

There ya go

Also another CoS question, is it Elves / Half-Elves any good in there? Advantage on charm seems like a useful trait to has in campaign full of vampires.

Perception proficiency is especially usefull.
And the trance feature makes you the ideal for watching out for others.

How do you guys manage your inventory, written wise?

I can never find a good way to record what's where on my character, or if it's stored somewhere else.

>That would make it a different game, though.

Well, yeah? That's the point I'm making, that if they intended that method to be the default, it'd be a different game.

>Assuming they balanced around rolling but with the assumption in place that you'll end up with average midrange stats, you wouldn't want to reduce the value of the stats just to make it more balanced,

Well, you wouldn't have to make that assumption if you used OD&D modifiers in the first place.

I wish I could draw them

Is that your beeswax?

Since Invisible end if I attack or cast a spell.... could I use help action instead?

>add eye beams as lair actions
ftfy

I wish someone would build generic tabletop software that visually stores equipment you can pick.

>click on backpack, get a list of what's in it
>click on character, customize slots
>click on parties home, list what's in it

visual helps my stupid ass. plus in some of my games our characters do set backpacks down and such.

I just have 4 lists;
Stuff in a backback
Stuff that is weapons/armour
Stuff that isn't in my backpack and isn't a weapon/armour
Stuff that I don't have on me

Do you just have lined paper for it?

I tried sorting it like that in books or paper before but I've run out of room and the notes just end up scattered.

I handed out something similar to this picture, just a bit cleaner and not as modern looking.
They just write on the pockets what they have in them or even draw the actual objects.

Yes. But remember to Help you must be within 5ft of the target, even if the Archer you're helping isn't.

As a house rule, I require Investigation checks to locate invisible creatures using the Search action.

draw your equipment and make cutouts :)
then you can move it around to help visualizing your inventory :D

No, just have it on my character sheet. There are plenty of boxes for it all on the 5eg sheet

Might try something like this, could be fun.

For Trickster cleric... if both me and my illusion is within 5 feet of my enemies.... will my spiritual weapon get advantage too? It is my spell attack after all.

Wow, that UA is fucking useless.
It's 90% shit I do in my group without any need for these feats.Only good one is Medic.

Giving expertise to nonexpertise classes can be interesting though.

Make a V. Human Cleric with Perceptive. You're at +7 perception. At 4th take Observant. Now at 18WIS and +12 perception. Hit 5th and now you're at +14.

Passive perception of 24. Mite b cool

Query: Can I put penoos in succubed?

yes

I can agree with giving Expertise out more, but it might be better to make it a Feat on its own or something.

Though, you'd pretty much invalidate Rogue's main trick after Sneak Dice if you did.

>ruse ooze
Sounds like a trap. And not even the kind of trap you find on the internet.

Inquiry: Does penoso in succubed feel good?

It's a succubus and a cube!

It's only a trap because it's not a succubus, it's a cube.

Would my lil john thomas remain intact?

1d4 Acid damage to your dick per round

LET ME SNOOZE, RUSE OOZE. What happen if I remove the pillow? Smite

>Acid (Ex)

Okay then what do I feed the succubed to neutralize it's acid, but retain it's bouncy suctioness?

Gelatinous Cubes with nonzero INT can turn off the acid as an at-will action. You need to charm the NE Succubed.

What class does the most annoying person in your group play?

For me it'd be one of the three wizards in our four person party.

Huh, 4e is pretty good.

Bards.

Observent only increases passive perception. Level 4 is +8, not +12, level 5 would be +10

Oh yeah, that's another massive one.

I think I want to get into gelatinous cube breeding! No, not that kind you perverts >:D

Let me snooze ruse ooze

If you don't have counterspell in that campaign you're gonna have a bad time.

Death Tyrants are already basically the Beholder lich-equivalent. You can take away their central eye (beholder mages stab out their central eye so it doesn't fuck with their magic), give them the spell casting from lich and a phylactery and call them a beholder-mage-turned lich if you want.

What have you taken from previous editions to add to your fifth edition game?

The main antagonist beholder is learning magic to become an Elder Orb, and has a Mouthpick.

Yup

Is there any reason to go anything but v.human?

I think its real advantage is it finally offers a few more feats for ability stat increases. I wish I'd had it a few weeks ago, I really needed a +1 stat feat that was more use than the existing ones.

Flight's pretty good for monks.

>When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can replace one attack with...

Does that mean you can replace a bonus action dual wield attack with the attempt?

Half-Elf got better stats for CHA based class, one more proficiency and darkvision.

That's pretty much it.

Let me snooze, Ruse Ooze.

Humans are boring, you have to make them interesting, playing certain races adds character.

Though they are the best if your idea for a character is focused on combat.

Don't be a gamey cunt, but if you're playing human then yeah there's no point.

Bonus action to TWF isn't Attack action.

Nope

Having flight via Aasimar might be cool for Sun monks and ranged characters.

I mean, given your response, I wouldn't argue RAI, but RAW -

>When you take the Attack action on your turn
Attack with Action, all good
>you can replace one attack
Bonus action attack is "an attack" and therefore qualifies for "one attack", no? It doesn't refer specifically to an attack action.

Most spellcasters don't need the feat that badly.
Most martials don't either unless you are a munchkin
Resists are nice
Shit like swim speed and flight speed are situationally nice
A lot of builds come together quicker when you take a race that has built in armor/martial proficiencies rather then a 1 or two level dip in Fighter/Cleric
Free Elvish Perception proficiency

>dun b geimeiii cuht!!
So I can pick a race that looks cool and waste my scarce ASI for feats that are cool.... or be a gaymecunt and not sacrifice as many asis

>scarce ASI
As I thought, gamey cunt

>Not playing an orc bard with a 12 in charisma
do u even rp m8?

Can you name an example of using this? I can't think of any effects other than commander strike that have forgoing one weapon attack.

>just not being human is inherently more interesting
Is it, for anything but the fact that we are humans in real life? D&D humans might as well be elves or whatever for how much like us they are.

Grapple and Shove off the top of my head

Disarm optional rule from the DMG, several of the feats (the social ones) in the latest UA.

What if you just allowed people to ignore racial attributes if they want and just let them add a +1 to two stats

That reminds me. Succubi do psychic damage in 5e, so you don't need to maintain a noncontact-based relationship with a succubus once the bard or wizard learns to cast Mind Blank. Just thought it was something interesting to note.

Yes other races can be more interesting in two separate cases, visually or culturally.

If you pick a dragonborn character, you look like a dragon, they are uncommon enough for people to take notice of you, and you stand out in a crowd. People will call you "the dragonborn" and make assumptions and have beliefs and opinions about you.

As for culturally, half-orcs are a fair example. Though they are only part Orc, they have this natural draw towards violence, as Gruumsh's fury is still prevalent in their blood. No matter what you tack on with the character, they will always be in some semblance of controlling themselves, their natural tendency to lash out must be fought with concentration and focus. Or they give into their fury, which also adds to the character.

Humans ain't got that shit.

V. Humans are essentially +3 to a stat +1 to another, +1 skill, +1 language. This is simply just a great thing that applies anywhere, but often racial features are better.

If you remove compulsory weapon feats or don't play a class that needs weapon feats, you don't need v. human.

Sometimes a racial background helps with things such as negotiations, too.

Is the bird or V.Humans better for a monk?

>+3 to a stat
nope

Paladin, if only because a frightening number of players who play paladins have the least sense of right and wrong of any player in the group. If you play a paladin and know what you're doing, you're a bro, but I've yet to meet any bros.

Maybe if you only play humans of ethnicities common to where your campaign takes place.

Grapple clearly says part of attack action. So does shove.

>If you're able to make multiple attacks with the Atlack action, this attack replaces one of them.

But Disarm in the DMG doesn't specify attack action, so you could disarm with an offhand weapon. If your DM allows it you can disarm with an off hand attack.

I had a DM once who complained that I was being boring when I picked human. The same Dm said I was being a powergaming special snowflake munchkin when I chose something other than human. You just can't please some people.

>implying anyone wants to play fantasy niggers or gooks
News flash: those are only even options to shut up SJWs, who won't use them either because they're hypocrites. At best they might be useful for villains.

Then it could maybe be interesting, but that means you are working to dig up the ethnicities of the humans, cause they are not in the PHB like the others.

Starting bare bones only from PHB which is what most do, the other races start as more interesting.