What lies beyond this dungeon door?

What lies beyond this dungeon door?

An empty room

The promise and optimism of your childhood giving way to the tedium and mediocrity of adult life

With traps and treasure and monsters?

>mentally progressing past high school

Not even once.

An owlbear statblock

No, just an empty room

The dungeon?

Another door

I wouldn't know, that I'd clearly some shot I wouldn't open

The husk of a once great and ancient tree sits at the center of a large circular room. At the top of its domed ceiling a hole about three feet in diameter lets moonlight pour into the room, illuminating the dead branches of the mighty oak. Myriad skeltons of owls litter the floor, their snow-white feathers in piles around them. You see no signs of trauma on the poor birds, it is as if they simply fell from the tree dead.

A treasure chest, with a door in it.

This

An owl.

A giant owl who can answer any question and says that it needs nothing in return.
You use the knowledge gained from the owl to save the ailing king from death, and he gives you the hand of his daughter in marriage. In a couple of years, she gives birth to a prince.
One day, while you're away on hunting, a stranger comes to the castle and begs for a night's rest. He seems friendly enough, so your wife lets him in and lets him pick a room where he would stay.
As they path the prince's room, the stranger asks what's behind the door. Your wife has no desire to show the baby to a complete stranger, so she says that there's nothing in that room.
"Aha! This is exactly what I'm looking for!" says the stranger as he knocks the door open, grabs the prince, turns into a giant owl and flies away before the royal crossbowmen can shoot him down.

Nothing. When you grab the handle (or, knowing adventurers, attempt to kick the door open), it seems to warp and split itself open into a many-fanged maw. Roll for grapple with a -5 circumstantial bonus.

An eagle with a villainous moustache. For you see your expectations led you to believe a wise and magestic owl was occupying behind thst door, but a fool you were to believe such a ruse. You wanted great and powerful wisdom, but all you have now is freedom. Muahahaha.

But I already have freedom, that was the whole point of going on this adventure!. What a jip.

Stop knocking on my door.

Owl find out.

I'm sure it'll be a hoot.

a lolis army

GO TO THE FUCKING BUSH YOU STUPID CUNT YOUR KID'S GONNA DIE
ALSO JEDDER'S A DICKHOLE AND IS PROBABLY GONNA KILL THE OLD RAT SO YOU MIGHT WANNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT
ALSO YOUR OTHER KID IS GONNA TURN EVIL LATER SO YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY LET ME EAT HIM

>doormat
better not find anything 'lying' on that new carpet or you're a dead man

The Tomb of the Wizard.

That all feels suspiciously Nightwish

owlbear

What is anime m8

Srry if derailing OP, just interested

A great library guarded by and angry owl-spirit named "Wang Chi Tong" who is helped by rather disappointing foxy assistants.
That would be my guess.

Whoop someone was already way ahead of me and I spelled his name bloody wrong. That's what I get for not reading the thread first.

Anime is a form of Japanese animation similar to western cartoons.

The specter of uncontrolled greater-than-human intelligence. So a dragon I guess.

OwlBears

Black Bullet

I'm gonna take a swing and say owls

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER, ITS A FLOCK OF SPARROWS!

Riddle Wizard's residence

Three awakened Owlbears and bowls of porridge.

Really? All these replies and you missed the most obvious response?

>What lies beyond this dungeon door?
WHOOOO Knows!

Stuff

The abandoned laboratory of the wizard who originally created the owlbear. All of his notes are still decipherable, and there are some recipes for other monster hybrids that he never got the chance to produce. Also a goblin orgy.

Nice

>The Radbird challenges your party to a skateboard duel

Don't know, but I bring my axe down on the handle, fireman kick the door in, and bring my shield up to guard while the wizard casts Color Spray over my shoulder.

Original post, donut steele

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Whoo can say?

That's a fucking mimic.

Wan Shi Tong, Knower of Ten-Thousand Things.

A box of dragon dildoes and pic on the wall.

So it's like the end of Tony Hawk's Underground? And what species is the Radbird? He's not a sparrow is he?

You forgot image