Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

When was the last time you played a character with wings? How were they? Did they fly so good?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44405818/#44405818
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>early
>anime image
can you just stop living

Holy Fuck what is up with the DM to Player ratio on roll20? I just started looking around hoping to supplement my IRL gaming with some online but this place is crazy. The DMs hold so much power they can just set a start date and let 30 applications flow in, then deny 25ish of them.

And these applications are pretty serious too, like, you have to write out a wall of text and stat out a character to even stand a chance, and the odds are still that you will be one of the 25 rejected two weeks later, all that work and thought wasted.

I just want to not be Forever-DM.

I got in with an app I made in an hour. Chill, dude.

remember when the DSP guys would post here
back when these generals weren't just people circlejerking about games they're not even in
when we'd have actual meaningful discussion constantly rather than just sometimes
i'd take SHITPOSTER over this

spoiler alert most of those 30 applications are applying to like 10 other games with basically the same characters

PF is dead, nigga. What's to discuss? More supplements which will not fix the game? Build that have been set in stone for years now?

WE WUZ SERIOUS GAEMZ.

Hey look over there! Some people are having fun talking about games that are going on and characters that people like, so let's just shit all over their fun!

Hey look over there! It's a writhing mass of autists screaming so loudly about stupendous boners and delicious butts that all reasonable people are driven out, leaving only said autists and people too lazy to seek other places of discussion!

Did anyone here ever see what the Mass Effect General on Veeky Forums was like in the years between ME3 and the new one? It was basically a fanfiction general. No discussion on dead games. Nothing to look forward too. But enough of a following that made it stick. That is what we have become.

We are the dead.

Who actually makes a variety of characters/archetypes instead of just slight variations of the same thing over and over?

The DSP guys ran out of material by the time we were done with them. We drained that well dry.

Maybe get good at writing character apps.

>stop having badwrongfun

The concern there is you become the one good player in a group that really couldn't write a paragraph to save their life.

Succubed is probably going to get rejected and it's terrible.
Also last thread people seemed to think I'm Wist, I'm not, I just want to play with Succubed because she sounds fun.

I'm not actually opposed to this shift.
At least it makes this general about writing and less about a shitty game.

>That is what we have become.
This transformation took us from a healthy general to a festering shitpile in the span of about a month. It's hard to believe that we've essentially flipped upside down, with reasonable discussion, storytimes and build advice being the minority and weebs posting about lewds and shitposting being the majority.

I want the old generals back.

>when we'd have actual meaningful discussion constantly rather than just sometimes
I... I think this retard actually believes this. Those days were just as boring and just as full of garbage that nobody cared about (except for BUILDPOSTER and the person he was arguing with over stupid minutia of the interactions between obscure rules from different sources).

seriously old /pfg/ was just as garbage

Should I put up the PoW bingo?

>healthy general
Literally no such thing, generals are antithetical to *chan nature.

>build advice
Happens whenever people actually ask for it. Maybe people don't need help building a Warpriest for the 100000th time.

>storytime
I miss this but this has nothing to do with anything, since it was never as common before either.

>radically shift the focus of a general
>people who preferred the old ways complain
>wow sorry for committing wrongthink you guys jeez laweez maybe chill out a bit huh it's not like your old generals are completely and irreversibly gone and replaced by people posting about penises

New supplements are being released all the time, user. Path of the Righteous, Ultimate Wilderness, Courtly Intrigue and more were all meals to feed on.

Personally, I'm interested in seeing what Ultimate Wilderness holds. Ultimate books are always FLUFFY and CRUNCHY, and this book is dealing with nature!

Everyone ready for archetypes to the Slayer to make it an outdoorsy type? Or greater details on the wealth of the wilds?

>build advice being the minority
People asking for builds either get the advice they want and say thanks and run off to play their game or throw a shitfit like breweranon.

>When was the last time you played a character with wings? How were they? Did they fly so good?

They both flew good and had a ridiculous carrying capacity. Many a problem was fixed by just grabbing onto what was meant to be an immovable object and just air-dropping it somewhere else

It was better than this.

Now we just get a bunch of lewdfaggots who would be more at home a /a/, /c/, or fucking /soc/ who REEEE the moment people dare start a discussion about mechanics.

>radically shift the focus of the general

>instead of whining about being a bunch of nogame foreverdms, we're now having fun in games

Truly horrifying shift.

We tried telling you how to make a Brewkeeper, stop pretending we didn't.

No, it was not better

And you can still ask about mechanics, you just have to not be a twat.

>Gestalt
>level 4
>Mind Chemist 2/Inquisitor 2 || Disciple of the Pike 4 + VMC Bard
>Int to knowledge twice, 1/2 level to knowledge three times (only twice when not identifying monsters once comes from illumination inquisition), wisdom to knowledge when identifying monsters, character is a dwarf for Breadth of Experience and an additional +2 and Aura of Enlightenment for another +2.
>knowledge skills at level 4 are looking to be, when identifying monsters +29 across the board and +26 for everything else when I spend a round of Enlightenment and Illumination.

I plan from this point on going full inquisitor. I am also doing this as a Warpath Inquisitor.

Please someone advice me that this is too stupid and I shouldn't do this.

>having fun in games
>40 people circlejerking about a group of 5 people and the size of their character's genitalia

>>instead of whining about being a bunch of nogame foreverdms, we're now having fun in games
No. No game whining was way less common now.

Now we have constant no game whining, people fawning over people who got in games, and people who got in games shitting on those who didn't.

Is it just me or do we only have MUH OLD /PFG/ autists showing up when we have animethreads? Is it possible this is just animeposter's way of keeping people active in his shit threads?

at this point I wish they'd just change the name of the general to something other than /pfg/

no one even talks about pathfinder anymore, it's just weeaboo bullshit

and then there's this autist accusing everyone who disagrees with him of being the same person for some reason

I'm not Brewkeeper guy.

You seem incredibly fucking angry user.
2hu still exists. People who ask for help get the help they want. People who bring up mechanics will get responded to if it's not an incredibly boring question.

What's the powerlevel like in your game because while it's pretty goddamn bad, it sounds fun enough to actually play.

Discordcabal can fuck off, I'm 90% convinced it's literally two people
Discord in general was a mistake.

There are 13 games now running, even with the overlap I believe it's somewhere around 35 people in games.

when's the last time you saw someone post a "don't hide it from me, /pfg/" post and actually get replies

hard mode: it wasn't about "lewds"

>actually believing in the discord cabal

The only thing that bothers me is the Dwarfism, but that's only because I don't like Dwarves.

You got a mighty fine-tuned monster Slayer there, dude. I'm not going to stop you, I'm going to say have at it!

>no one even talks about pathfinder anymore, it's just weeaboo bullshit
See and half of last thread.

>this autist
I'm not the second user.

Since we're talking about "muh gud ole daiz" let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44405818/#44405818

Don't hide it from me /pfg/
show me your character's f-list :^)

>no one even talks about pathfinder anymore, it's just weeaboo bullshit
ask a question instead of just complaining because that's also not pathfinder, we'll talk about that

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

What's the the REAL reason you built your character like you did?

I don't see anything wrong with that thread desu

So, I have a question.

If you're going to be in a game you know is going to level 20 and people will be getting capstones... if I wanted to do, say, a one level dip into a class, what is considered the equivalent of a capstone?

For example I'm making a Brutal Slayer Stalker who is natural attack focused. General idea I had was to take one level of UC monk and get Dragon Style and Primal Fury Style (since my DM allows MOMS to work with UC). Also yes I know PFS and Dragon Style have overlap but I wanted to charge a lot and my friends like playing melee oriented characters so charging through allies AND enemies seemed enticing, and I like the bonuses of the other style feats. Ultimately this sets up my feats across the character to be easier to set up thanks to the load of them I'd get from that one level.

So I ask, is it okay that I drop my capstone (and one manuever readied/known) in order to make better use of feats, on top of all the small bonuses (health/saves) I get from that one level in UC Monk? I ask because some of my friends are making a fuss about it, but I personally don't see any wrong with it since it'll make my character flow and be fun even without those things I gave up.

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44405818/#44405818
>i want to fuck greta
>posts about fucking greta, ect ect

Truly, truly then the lewdfaggots weren't in control

Alright then chucklefuck, riddle me this: How do I Silksworn Occultist without diving into Necromancy? Teach me to Blingomancer. Surely we haven't beaten this gaudy horse to death yet, leaving plenty of room for entertaining discussions?

In fact, as a bonus, assuming 1pp only, what's a good thing to gestalt with a blingomancer? For a moment, pretend Prescient Dodger is not in fact 3pp from Spheres.

I love how the only person found to be actually making complete f-list profiles specifically for his Pathfinder characters is the guy who looked the most vanilla.

I think it's because these threads aren't always non-stop wanking about butts and boners and weeb stuff, and so those guys only spring up when there's something to complain about. Like, for example, having an anime girl for an OP picture, which is basically the face of the entire general (which, let's face it, is a community.) Since they don't like the anime stuff, seeing the anime OP image sets them off right away, without having to read about people's stupidly enormous penises.
Just a guess, though.

To all old /pfg/ was betterfags:
Just go to GitP or Reddit. They're more than happy to have the same stupid, pedantic arguments about rules interaction, re-tiering and optimization over and over again. On the plus side, you can feel a completely undeserved sense of self-satisfaction since you came from Veeky Forums and think that automatically makes you better than them.

I know we found a few, including Rory who is VANILLA AS FUCK

None of the Breadth of Experience races have any broad knowledge based alternate racial abilities, the best you get is elves with a +2 to two knowledge skills.

i'd rather have people post about wanting to fuck greta than people posting about how cute a PCs butt is
because "i want to fuck greta" is easy to filter

There's no way that many people care about the size of some otherwise-bland character's dick size.

Because I wanted to play a Wraith Wizard but then realized that Wizards don't get Channel Energy and can't do necromancy well, so I thought about doing Cleric / Wraith + Wizard later but then realized my INT is horrible, so then I thought about Cleric / Druid or something but then I realized I'm LE so I can't be a Druid so I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to do besides take Charisma Incanter.

Someone post the diagrams of this image from when two anons debated if this was a wolfgirl or a pumpkin.

dude its a meme

>TFW Page 3/dueling generalsfag is confirmed for muh old /pfg/

but that is a pumpkin, not a wolf

Make sure you put tons of points into CHA and CON so you get a big peepee or big tatas, user! That's what truly matters! :3c

I want to smash that pumpkin. With muh dick!

I take it you're a Baknarla fan?

Honestly Necromancy is nearly required as a Silksworn. If you're going to refuse it you need to take both Evocation and Divination to make up for it because they're the next strongest.

>r/pathfinder_rpg
It really is a place of rule autismos, and they aren't good at it. There's always something to the point of "how do I play class x?" or "DAE le ELI5 how AoOs work in Pathfinder?"

BECAUSE I LIKE BOOM BANG SHOOTING.

the only reason anyone on /pfg/ builds their character the way they do is so they can jerk off to it

at this point I'm not even sure why anyone bothers with character creation when we're all playing the same generic anime girl anyway

might as well just pool our lewd fanfiction and collectively jerk off to it and cut out the middleman entirely

I wanted to be a primal shifting dinosaur humanoid that rips out hearts and turns enemies into a fine red mist...

Also Dragon Style/Ferocity is too much fun. Hopefully the Shifter class coming up is at least not hot garbage enough for me to be able to continue to fulfill this dream.

>generic anime girl

But i'm a rat.

with a generic anime girl personality

>BANG BANG SHOOTING
sasuga KR snipe.

I mean, if you're Silksworn? You want more CHA and CON than usual. You don't have armor, so you need HP; you get abilities based on CHA, so you need that too.

Fuck you, you're correct even when you're being a shithead.

For gestalt with silksworn you're going to need something Int based, unfortunately most of the Int based classes are full casters or don't gestalt well. One of the easiest is probably Investigator if you want to dive into skill monkeying.

Are you looking to go into melee ever?

define 'generic anime girl' personality.

It's not even the anime I'm mad about. It's always the same super cutesy cat-girl bullshit. It's not weebery, it's low tier weebery.
And why don't you cute fags fuck off to /e/ or /c/?

Every time I see this, I get a warm feeling in my tummy that I managed to create something that has stuck.

>Wolf-man who can't stop talking about what a stud he is
>Vanilla sweetie

>Shonen hero paladin who just wants senpai to notice him
>Into some rough shit right alongside having "Pledging to protect you" as a kink

>2hu still exists.

Why is this a good thing?

There was another one, IIRC. Been looking for it forever.

Don't forget to run the numbers on how big your assets will be using those funtime rules, sweetie! ;3

>the only reason anyone on /pfg/ builds their character the way they do is so they can jerk off to it
Tell that to DHB.

I want to blow stuff up good.

Because I wanted to be the most dragony character without actually taking Draconic Bloodline or that 3rd-party Dragon class.

I haven't been there since they made that asshole rekijan a mod, is Secret Wizard still giving the worst advice possible in every thread posted there (usually twice)?

Because he's a buildfag. The king of buildfags, in fact.

The law of Veeky Forums communities was always "if you're not okay with how it runs, leave. Complaining won't change it".

You're just salty because for the first time you've found yourself on the excluded side of the line.

But why do you want to blow stuff up? What do you seek on the path of explosions?

>generic
Succubed isn't Generic and NG+ isn't either. Most of the apps aren't generic at all, bar the bad ones.

Take your pick.

Anything cute.

Is DHB secretly a "muh old /pfg/' fag? Considering he doesn't participate in lewds and refuses to make lewd characters he seems the type.

ah but what about half-fae catboy shota trap maids?

Because I thought it would be fun. I was wrong.

That's the theoretical law
See: Reddit flooding in before the Election.

Those aren't personalities, they're archetpyes. Massive difference.

My favorite mecha have sub-arms to do rapid reloads and shit, and I'm a huge John Carter/pulp fan. Building a slightly more fuckable version of that to fit a lewd game aesthetic was a cinch.

In anime, your archetype IS your personality.

>Secret Wizard
I'll take *any* of the faggots here over that fucking cunt. I don't really check there anymore, but that dumbass is someone you don't forget.