Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How much do you sycophantically butter up GMs in Roll20/Discord PMs to improve your odds of getting into a game?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

f-list.net/c/rory karskys carihem/
discord.gg/8duu7
pastebin.com/kqRRBzLg
youtube.com/watch?v=gMiVeLTwQeo
youtube.com/watch?v=KfwteoZCvoY
youtube.com/watch?v=dZAHk0g-Nfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've become expert at deepthroating GM cock to get into games

Oh yeah? Well I let GMs cum inside and carry to term

Let me snooze ruse ooze

I don't at all, should I start?

You think this is a game? Cabal is a full time job. 40 hours a week, at least.

Let me snooze, ruse ooze

I PM and offer ERP with my character to show my willingness to let the GM do whatever he wants. Works every time, I suggest you try it.

Let me snooze, ruse ooze.

Let me booze, snooze cruise

LET ME SNOOZE, RUSE OOZE

*engulfs you*

Let me snooze, ruse ooze

I should have slept four hours ago

I want to be engulfed by death

Can I fuck your character?

You cannot learn this technique without...
>Knowledge to comprehend its massive layered techniques.
>Charm to manipulate the GM.
>Kindness to melt the butter.
>Proficiency to competeny spread the butter around the GM's heart.
>Guts to have the courage to butter-roast a live human heart inside an oven.

>CTRL-F (you) last thread
>one of 166
wtf

Nice try, [Sleep/Wubu, strike whichever is inappropriate].

If whoring myself out were actually enough I'd do it

And there's our first confirmed member of the Overlewd party!

Pretty much

f-list.net/c/rory karskys carihem/

kek

Someone post the pfg discord link

Considering how many games the player is in already, I wouldn't be surprised if they're out due to timetabling.

You're too fast for me pfg
>Vult declares recruitment for PLD 2 : Even More Cocks
>Campaign will be canon with the original group but in different fief
>Opens up Trollkin and various fae races
What do you app with?

discord.gg/8duu7

Is Wist actually a girl tho

Can't hurt to give it a shot, if it's a lewd game. Sleeping with the producer is the oldest trick in the book.

Wait, Wubu the DM of Blingmaker is a shameless slut that pleases old names for money?

Ohohoho!

pastebin.com/kqRRBzLg

I'm just assuming that it's a false-flag by someone recruiting to try and bait people into free text-sex.

>Campaign will be canon with the original group but in different fief

What's the point if they can't ambush rape the first group?

They're cute enough.

Said it before, I'll say it again.

You could share investigation notes!

Wist is a NEET Chink so he sleeps while we NorthAmeranons are at work and has all the time in the world to play late into our night.

I honestly can't tell who you're referring to. Is this a bad thing?

Oh hey, I guess the ban wore off.

HOOOOOOLD THE FUCK UP
Wist is GMT+8???

Unless you're operating under the impression that Pathfinder is a completely balanced game (it's not), then I'm not entirely sure where you're arguing from.

When an archetype is a straight downgrade from the original class, you've failed at balancing your game. In a perfect game, each archetype would add, remove, or modify class features while maintaining the power level of the original class.

I'm sure there are plenty of masochists out there who enjoy forcing shitty characters on their groups, but even in that case it's likely that they're having fun at the expense of everyone else.

If Paizo released an archetype that removed or gutted most core class features while offering nothing in return, would it really be my problem for thinking it's a shitty archetype? Because that's what plenty of these archetypes are. No one goes into character creation thinking:

>"Man, I really feel like playing a Fighter, except I want to be worse than a Fighter in every conceivable way."

or

>"I hope this campaign doesn't have any combat, because if it does then I'm going to be dead weight and no one is ever going to want to play with me again."

Legacy is tonight. Will love bloom on the battlefield? Will anyone notice Essa's lack of a penis? Will Shanan manage to overcome his swashbuckler handicap?

Doesn't really fit with the game's tone. Now this, on the other hand...

Coincidence?

What ban?

There's an oldie.

Yup

companionship!

LET ME SNOOZE, RUSE OOZE

>Fallen paladin
>Remembers his true self due to his magic sword
>FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST BOSS FIGHT EVER
Seems legit.

I don't like the new direction they're taking Beta Ray Bill.

>NG+ sees the end of the world.
>It is cosmic slimebed.
>NG+ rerolls and nopes right out of wizard.

Let me snooze, ruse ooze.

Let me snooze, ruse ooze

Why, does she want to be part of it?

Let me snooze, ruse ooze

I'm not even sure what you're arguing, if pathfinder is so unbalanced then why do you play it? It's still your problem for playing a game you clearly don't enjoy. This is why you probably don't understand that an archetype is only a "straight downgrade" in your own personal estimation while it's an "upgrade", "modification", "trade", or whatever to someone else. There's a lot of people who play pathfinder y'know? It's not like a video game, many different groups with different tastes, and opinions, etc.

For example, I have no fucking idea why anyone would ever take an archetype that gives a Fighter a fucking familiar. But some people enjoy putting in the work and making it work to make a unique fighter they enjoy playing.

This is far from the idea of playing a fighter who's worse in every conceivable way intentionally. The only way you really could is playing something like a Commoner wearing fullplate, a tower shield, and a weapon he's not proficient with or something and calling himself a fighter.

user, user, you seem to imply there are not in fact archetypes that are straight downgrades. Some archetypes are fucked in ways that make them less useful but still playable, but there are others that are just complete and utter trash that should not exist.

There is a big difference between the power of say, a Brute Vigilante and an Agathiel Vigilante. You could argue that both are downgrades, but Brute is actively detrimental to your ability to play the character compared to Agathiel just kinda feeling underwhelming.

New GM wants to play pathfinder for some reason.

I think it's a bad system. Entirely combat focused, dungeon crawling only, encouraging levelled encounters that defeats the point of levelling up, and requires optimization/powergaming as much as the other players to not be a drag on the team.

I want someone to tell me I'm wrong and explain why. I want to be excited for this game.

there's no hope but if you're into character building its fun

Its not entirely combat focused/dungeon crawling, thats a myth.

It's only entirely combat focused if you picked Fighter as your class (which does not imply anything about how well it does at combat). My last session had one brief combat (brief enough that initiative was never rolled) and the players had as good a time as any other.

>entirely combat focused
Or you could write a campaign featuring heavy roleplay

What Metal Gear song would you use to describe your character?

You're completely goddamned wrong on everything but requiring optimization.

There are a lot of (admittedly shaky) rules for chases, downtime, kingdom building, diplomacy, carousing, intrigue, and other such non-combat things. The skill system functions adequately for about six to ten levels, depending.
Dungeon crawls are only the point in OSR, so I don't know where the fuck that came from. You seem to be completely off the page for leveling, which is to make things that were hard at level demonstrably become beneath you when you're higher level. Optimization is only as bad as the weakest player, and barely matters in Adventure Paths designed for actual retards to go through.

What do you actually like to play? We don't know anything about you other than you're an ignorant fucker at this point.

If the internet existed in Golarion, who would be the apex shitposters?

Wizards

There's no such thing as an apex shitposter. Valleys have bottoms, not peaks.

Eldritch Guardian isn't a good example because it's a perfectly workable build and, in many situations, is a straight upgrade from the vanilla Fighter (which is another balance problem entirely).

The problem is when certain archetypes only do what the base class does, or what other archetypes do, except worse. Look at the Ragechemist archetype. If your plan is to build an Alchemist around your mutagen, why would you not go with the Beastmorph archetype? You can even add in Vivisectionist if you really want to min/max. There's no reason to make a Ragechemist when it's objectively worse than similar options while setting out to do the same thing. If you don't want to take on animal features while you're under the effect of your mutagen, just come up with some fluff to explain it away. It's not hard.

Some archetypes are just objectively bad. You can enjoy the game in spite of that, but character creation would be a lot more fun for a lot of people if every archetype were balanced.

I still don't understand your argument. It's okay for some archetypes to be useless because a lot of people play the game and some people might still find them fun? I bet they'd have even more fun if the archetypes they wanted to play weren't complete garbage. In fact some archetypes being as weak as they are makes the game /less/ fun for a lot of people.

youtube.com/watch?v=gMiVeLTwQeo

Fine, the nadir shitposter

>Will Shanan manage to overcome his swashbuckler handicap?
Not unless he retrains as a bard

How do you build him?

Bards, that's literally their job.

Accelspammer on /a/ was certainly an apex shitposter. No one could outshitpost him, they'd literally get pushed off page 10 in an instant.

CN Summoner with a tiny eidolon

youtube.com/watch?v=KfwteoZCvoY

tiny tiefling with vestigial wings, the feat from DPS to let you fly with vestigial wings, and the hermaphroditic trait. I guess leadership for the human cohort.

CHA 40.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZAHk0g-Nfk

Inquisitors like Alex Jones

Yeah I was saying the system is entirely combat focused. All of the classes are combat stuff. There aren't socially focused classes.

Fighters seem so limited I'm probably just going to make a rogue, give him armour and a sword/rapier and say he's a knight desu.

If it's a myth then why do I always hear about how much damage or how optimized people's characters are at X level in their Pathfinder games, or how all of the adventure path type books I've seen are like "This is for a level X character" and it's all levelled according to that level character.

When you're level 7, you stop seeing kobolds and goblins because they're no longer a challenge, instead you see the level 7 equivalents? You never see something that horribly outlevels you either because they'll just wipe you.

I mean I had people telling me I was bad/wrong for not trying to optimize my character or that there's problems with rolling for stats.

The rules seem pretty limited in the way of social interaction and the classes are all combat focused and not really involved with social stuff from what I can see. Everyone is playing a combat role of some sort, everyone is a fighting person.

We were playing Star Wars Edge of the Empire and even Ironclaw 1e before that. Oh and a bit of Fate but I didn't like that much. I haven't played 3.5e/Pathfinder for a rather long time desu.

Does this mean other Dragons2 characters have f-lists.

Does Aurora have an f-list

Does it include stupidly enormous cocks

QADIRANS GET OUT OF OUR CLAY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're getting into a roleplaying vs rollplaying argument.

Turn back now.

That fairy has a penis?

At least two more.

How do you know
You gonna share?

>socially focused classes
What the fuck does that even mean? I wlll NEVER fucking understand this. Why the fuck do you need a goddamn class to be able to talk to people?

How can we roleplay if the rules don't tell me how to roleplay?

Rahadoum. DAE hate the gods and love fedoras?

I know who I want to give my stupidly enormous cock to!

Poor user is trying to fight against the gusts, when he should have learned long ago you should run and hide when the shitpost hurricanes start.

Because it's really hard for me trying to roleplay being socially competent. I'm not socially competent, I don't know how to speak to people. That's explicitly the reason why I shitpost here.

By searching, because I'm a degenerate who already had an account
And no because I'm not a shit

I imagine something lime Hero Union BBS, where heroic adventurers would post anonymous tips, help newbies, and share laughs about what their tsundere princess said on that day.

Lemme snooze, ruse ooze

...This is surprisingly vanilla.

I want to give you a hug and force you to hold a long conversation with me!