Armor design

reminder that boobsplates are historical
also general armor inspiration thread, post armors

What are some good materials for tactical plate mail?

Plate over kevlar treated to be puncture resistant over padding over a tube filled cooling suit.

you got the E.Y.E design wich is pretty cool

something like Lorica squamata may be better than full plate or mail

I remember seeing a thing where some prototype space suit for mars had a bunch of tubes going through it.

So perhaps a small motor on the back or in a backpack that has water and a small radiator of some sort that connects to an undersuit that siphons heat through your backpack vents.

Apparently the military didn't like it.

Metal workers actually use them. I think our current astronaut suits use them too.

I always liked the muscle cuirass. What were its strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths
>looked cool
>blocked weapons despite not deflecting them
>intimidated the enemy

Weaknesses
>one size does not fit all
>made of bronze
>doesn't deflect lances as well as later mail

the same as if it was without decorations expect that weapons will have a better grip on it, pic related (left is the older one)

oh, I just remembered those things, from ww1

For some certain specific reasons. The base logic underneath them still remains.

Combine it with something like an exoskeleton or msucle suit and there's no reason you couldn't have a backpack that has a miniture radiator/pump along with the power supply.

Granted, it'll be interesting to see how much energy such a system needs and how big the battery would have to be.

Iirc it was because the vest itself didn't hold up well to abuse and lost plates along the way. Current level III and IV plates do fine for the time being so it wasn't worth an overhaul for marginal gain.

You would want a Kevlar layer over the plate as well or you will catch a throat full of spall.