This triggers the Veeky Forums

>this triggers the Veeky Forums
WE

Fuck off

VULKAN LIVES!

>People still care about Warhammer 40k

WUZ

>There hasn't been a good enough sci-fi tabletop to steal 40k's thunder in years.

>TFW people use this same excuse to defend DnD and Pathfinder
>TFW when it's just as much bullshit here

Actually, it's the radiation emitting from nocturnes sun mutating their geneseed and therefore changing their skin tone.
The opposite happens if a marine-recruit uses any geneseed.

sure. what else should we care about? now fuck off.

Well, name a tabletop game within the span of ten years that has more players then 40k instead of wasting precious and limited time revealing this fact.

desu why even bother playing regular 40k now that there are heresy plastics

Thinking Salamanders trigger Veeky Forums fuck off, sperg.

Didn't X-Wing outsell 40k last year?

>The opposite happens if a marine-recruit uses any geneseed.
You mean non-white humans become white astartes?

By a vast margin.

Kind of.
Custodes and Grey Knights are different.

This triggers the /pol/ack

Maybe but not for the reason you think.

Chaos would enrage /pol/.
Anyone and everyone doing anything they like for the sake of it.
Like the alternate edgy version of democracy.
Degenaracy incarnate, yet free.

Meanwhile, the imperium suffers.
Nuff said.

Not.. really.

Space marines have an organ that controls their skin pigmentation depending on what sort of environment they're exposed to. Salamanders have theirs broken and set on the nigger setting (+red eyes) permanently. Raven Guard have theirs broken and set on Michael Jackson (+black eyes) mode.

Certain other legions have similar mutations (black consuls have been shown to have red eyes, night lords get the pale skin/black eyes shit), but the raven guard and salamanders are most dramatic about it.

>an organ that controls their skin pigmentation depending on what sort of environment they're exposed to.
Okay I can see how that might come in handy but aren't they always wearing their armour, which I believe has in built temperature control anyway? Seems like a pointless organ to have researched and then grown for every marine

then pls feel free to start making x-wing memes and shitpost in your x-wing general ffs.

>Le 40k is best bcuz it sels most lelelele
>N-no, d-don't prove me wrong. I need my safespace!

A lot of shit in 40k is kind off pointless if you think about it. That organ is one of the least offenders, you can still kind of justify it with "well, what if their armor breaks or they don't have it in the first place?"

Was it really too much to have a single actual black primarch and black marines?

We have one mongolish and one notegyptish

The Emperor's technically born in the Anatolian highlands afterall

Was there any half decent homebrewed non white chapters?

Space marines are essentially built to handle anything, with multiple redundancies in case something fucks up. That's sort of why they have a triple-layer of protection around their vital organs (chestplate, black carapace, fused ribcage).

If your armour is compromised and you're exposed to a shit ton of radiation (because, say you're operating in space/in an extremely hostile environment), having even a little bit of extra protection is important. Could mean the difference between finishing the job and living to tell the tale, and failing miserably.

>which I believe has in built temperature control anyway

For the record skin pigmentation doesn't protect against heat, it protects against UV radiation.

>White Father
>Black sons
hmmmm

>it sells more. That means it's better

And nocturne is a nuclear dustbowl of a planet.

Yeah Red Skin, red hair and blonde hair are totally Turkish traits

Gauls use to live in the central Anatolian highlands.

Aren't the Celestial Lions black or mostly black?

Not anywhere close to the time period the Emperor was supposedly born.

Those are mutations

Hm..... Chaos SpawAUGHGGGUSSsss......

>being triggered by rule of cool in 40k of all places

Yarrick is awesome.

GW is British, and the British hate non-white people. Why else did they try and conquer them all?

Are the Cacharadons offically Pacific islanders or is that just some homebrew stuff I seen? Cause that is pretty perfect fit for them.

look at this big boy, all grown up 'n shit

That in fact triggers me.

Back in the day Salamanders where black as in African black, i.e. they had brown skin,

It was pretty cool to have a whole space africans with fire breathing reptile theme,

But they had to fuck it up and make them literally black and with red glowing eyes,

Well I think its heavily implied they are the Terran raven guard that were just a bit too brutal for Corax's liking. The pacific islander motif was used probably because it fit the shark theme. Given their nature they would hardly be able to be pacific islander in ethnicity but who knows.

WTF! I love chaos now.

>ayo muhfugga we wuz pramahks n shiet

I think if i ever did space marines i'd play into that, try to do some maori tatoos and all that. Be pretty unique, maybe some sawtooth weapons.

Oh for sure, i think they have a very cool aethestic. I would like to see more chapters like that on the fringe that look and behave very different from the gothic high imperium flavour which is 95% of the imperium anyways.

Hello Tumblr!

Maori dont call themselves PI their ancestry comes from Taiwan

By "too brutal", it meant they wouldn't give up the practice of outright slavery. Corax, as a former slave, was not okay with that.

Because being segregated is better than just being able to have african-featured recruits from almost any chapter.

>space marines doing the haka war dance before engaging

Would be pretty scary.

>Was there any half decent homebrewed non white chapters?
Blood Jaguars. Flesh Tearer descended Aztecs.

Hey never said they were reasonable, all the marines were brutal to one degree or the other. Ultramarines and Salamanders have exterminated whole population centers when they had no other choice.

Theres still some somewhat implied theories that the Space Sharks have night lord and world eater traits but who knows. There were loyalists and traitors for every legion, im sure there were at least enough from each traitor legion to make one chapter each. There were even whole black shield warbands doing their own thing that is never really fleshed out.

Rubric of Ahriman.

This is probably bait but no. No they weren't they were originally jet black blonde and red eyed.
The brown thing was a mistake.

Their new novel covered this pretty well.

They were originally Terran Raven Guard but over the millennia, they haven't been picky regarding where they scavenge their geneseed from. So they have Night Lord, World Eater, and Alpha Legion mixed into them.

>Space marines yelling about crawling out a kumera pit after their tribe was genocided and now they are back for revenge
CHUR CUZZYBRU PRIMARCHS

The deathwatch dress mostly black and take handouts from others while creating nothing if their own, this may be the blackest you'll get

Taiwan really? How far back would that be then considering all the Taiwanese now are chinese looking? (not trying to be racist just curious)

Red Scorpions : Emp's Children due to obsession with purity

Minotaurs: Iron Warriors

What would Thousand Sons, Alphas, Word Bearers, Luna Wolves, World Eater loyalists look like?

Has anyone done it before? Would love to see some models.

Wulfen.

*Dark Angels

Neither of which are old enough to actually be from the traitor legions. Not saying they aren't of traitor geneseed, but they're not like the Death Eagles.

Is there anywhere that sells 40k sized heads that are african/pacific? Wider nose and non-straight hair would be the only thing obvious at the scale.

way back they island hopped all the way to NZ against the trade winds which is quite an achievement. Master navigators and seafarers so only the strongest survived, modern civilization is their downfall these days. Not sure they would fit the charcaradons other than brown people who live on an island.

well shark motif, travelling through the stars, I can see it. I don't know anything about the cachardons lore though, just their history as the joke RT space marine chapter.

Anytime a renegade but not yet traitor chapter needed to be destroyed the usual suspects of chapters show up.

Carcodons, Minotaurs, etc...

I doubt GW has actual fleshed out reason for this but i like to think its because they have in their pockets some disposable marines who arent hesitant to kill other marines.

Look up the Pentarchy of Blood. They're a special force of chapters that the Carcharodons are a part of.

nah bro they belong to one of the white scars chapters, they would be proud to be sons of the khan.

Stop not playing MYFAROG™.

well nomands of the steppes, nomads of the seas.Thems all space nomands in the future.

The Emperor predates the coming of the Arab Islamic hordes.

The Emperor would have probably looked most like a Hittite or a Hurrian or some sort of Armenianish looking person.

If i recall correctly, blonde came about 10,000 years ago but right in Scandinavia. Very little possibilities of it making it to Turkey.

But the origins of the Emperor are obscure enough to make anything possible really.

I actually prefer black Salamanders to BLACK Salamanders.

I prefer them as African looking fellows not white guys with licorice skin.

>Red Talons
Apeshit Iron Hands
>Carcharodons
Raven Lord Eaters
>Death Eagles
Either ravens or "loyalist" Emperor's Children
>Flesh Eaters
World Eaters (badly) masquerading as Blood Angels
>Charnel Guard
Who the fuck knows, possibly BA

I would have preferred ash/dark grey skin.

The Emperor is always depicted as having black hair, anyway.

>single actual black primarch and black marines?
well i mean there are thousands of ethnicities ignored to maintain the puesdo roman theme. that

Furthermore there really isn't any basis to assume there will ethnicity resembling the ones that exist to day. over the course of thousands of years of evolution we could see creatures that no longer physical resemble humans at all.
What is however likely garenteed is pale skin because a great amount of the population is space borne living in artificial light

>The Emperor's technically born in the Anatolian highlands afterall
around the time of Aryan migration.
he'd look greekish.
or maybe indian.

>Was there any half decent homebrewed non white chapters?
I'm surprised with your obsession.
my dude, they are your dudes, and unless you are /pol/lack levels of obessed with bones and features ,every model is and can be non-white.
because anybody can die for the imperuim.