The campaign is set in pre-Spanish contact Philippines

>the campaign is set in pre-Spanish contact Philippines

Other urls found in this thread:

hariragat.blogspot.com.br/2014/03/building-southeast-asian-settings-part-i.html
hariragat.blogspot.com.br/2014/03/building-southeast-asian-settings-part-ii.html
hariragat.blogspot.com.br/2012/02/sword-and-silk.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pic not related. We know from at least one source that they dressed in the chinese style back then.

What are these guys, then? Actors?

They're Post-contact Flips.

Not flips m8

We dressed like a strange mix of Hindu and Chink with tribal influences

Kalinga mountain tribes

K A L A B A W

> inb4 IT'S THE

>Filipino's
I swear to Christ, the people who make these actually understand punctuation and just do this to cheese me off.

That's actually pretty badass

t-thanks

I usually make my evil monster races have traits of Flip/Malay/thai/ SEA cultures.

It's an old man with badly photoshoped weapons.

Like, Ong-Bak warriors voyaging amongst a network of mandala thalassocracies, each of which controls an island which actually are the unsubmerged high lands of Old Lemuria? Alchemical metabolic control used as a means to go deeper than humanly possible, rescuing magitech artefacts and diwa batteries? Running away from druids controlling schools of javelin-fishes? Duels on top of an angry elephant? Everyone uses little more than loinclothes and tattoos?

hariragat.blogspot.com.br/2014/03/building-southeast-asian-settings-part-i.html

hariragat.blogspot.com.br/2014/03/building-southeast-asian-settings-part-ii.html

hariragat.blogspot.com.br/2012/02/sword-and-silk.html

DMing challenge: Describe the man's hat.

>The man is wearing a short red hat with feathers on it
???

Short, conal and patterned with a blond and feathery second set of hair on top.

>"In the locals' language, it is known as 'Nanknvoong'"

>clearly a center-grip shield
>strapped to his arm

>embroidered headband with pompoms and feathers

NUTSHACK

The Philippines were an interesting place: they had gunpowder, knights, and basically everything that feudal Europe had to varying degrees, only downscaled due to the smaller amounts of manpower.

it's obviously photoshopped

that's the humour

>hey had gunpowder, knights, and basically everything that feudal Europe

Those were mostly found in Mindanao

Interestingly, during the Spanish invasion of Luzon under Miguel Lopez de Legazpi - they encountered a fortress made out of bamboo with gun powder cannons

>tfw it's historically inaccurate to wear barong-tagalogs because the spaniards haven't fucked your dresses yet

Do we know what the Muslimized south wore?

>tfw you will never face aswang, who can be anywhere from angry winged demons to werewolf-vampires who can get owned by a whip made from stingray tails and detected by boiling blood or bending over and looking at them between your legs

>one of the tribal goddesses is made up of giant boobs to let dead babies feed until they're reborn
>tfw no one worships the giant snake-shark-dragon

Also, according to some myths an aswang bite will turn you into a banana.

>Setting heavy with mystic bullshit combined with island politics
>Humans and creatures acknowledge each other and sometimes work together

>Factions:
>Split among various chieftains
>Mercenary raiders on the eastern islands
>Trader kingdoms to the north
>Fisher fleets w/floating villages to the west
>Insular warriors to the south
>Smattering of supernatural creatures all around, i.e. dwarf colonies in termite mounds, bays controlled by mermaids/tritons

>Equipment
>Weapons are a mix between Local, Chinese, and Hindi influences
>Swords include kampilan enchanted so that the creature on the hilt can bite, or breathe poison/fire
>Wooden shields that can be enchanted to grow fruits, flowers, thorns, or vines, depending on the wood used in construction
>Magic tattoos that allow the user to take on abilities dependent on the pattern
>Strongest weapons are lantakas, blackpowder cannons enchanted to be man-portable and given only through great effort in service to a chieftain

>Quests include:
>Having to stop mananangal assassins from eating unborn last scion of a house
>Investigating the disappearance of a man's daughter, suspects include various spirits and one of his rivals
>Local noble framing a tikbalang for humiliating the chief as a ploy to drive it out and steal its land
>Raid rivals or foreign villages with 100-rower ships and swivel guns, backed up by powerful water spirits
>End boss is awakened Bukanawa, PCs have to stop him from devouring the last moon and growing strong enough to take the sun too. Could involve gathering legendary "copper pots and pans" used to take him out, which turn out to be a set of giant lantaka cannons.

funny, thats the Columbia american starter pack as well.

I've only heard the "they replace you with a mannequin made of banana leaves, or a suspiciously real-looking corpse that's actually banana leaves but MAGICKED"

>Do we know what the Muslimized south wore?

Probably whatever the next big muslim kingdom wore. I mean, they did mix local imitations of ottoman armour with spanish morinos later on.

>you will never interrupt a big battle between two tribes as an aswang
>you will never interrupt a big battle between different types of aswang as a fuckhueg naked Veeky Forums Flip dual-wielding machetes with a kalasag nearby in case you bit off more than you can chew
>ywn stab a manananggal in the face with a sword while it's mid-flight

WE WUZ EMPURORS AND SHIIIIT.

Alright since this here's a thread about Filipino fantasies.

What's your thoughts on this overall fantasy setting Veeky Forums?

I'm a Burger Man who's currently in the Philippines for private work. (legal of course) And decided to browse the local channels watching TV shows and movies that've been bastardized with terrible sounding dubbing, seroiusly.

Then I saw pic related, and pretty much thought: "meh generic fantasy setting with very dated effects."

So to any pinoy fa/tg/uys out there how would you judge Encantadia with thy Veeky Forums autisms?

inapplicable to natives in Cordillera

good concept, poor execution

if the budget were higher and it was aired 3 or 2 times per week, then the quality would be good

>a burger man in the flips islands

So did you boink with any young impreshionable filipina women and jizzed in them user?

since you're in the Phils, women prefer men who takes shower everyday - men who naturally smell nice; I've been told by my relatives abroad that you guys smell bad

but since you're white, then best you can get are women willing to fuck you because they're expecting something in return...like money

why not just say "the jungle" instead lmao?

Why does the bottom sword have a brush on it?

Suppose you've just conquered someone's jungle fortress from them and want to set it up as the center of your own kingdom. Suddenly, you realize everything's dusty with rabble! What are you to do?

I do Filipino martial arts I love it.

There's more than one, I've heard.

>but since you're white, then best you can get are women willing to fuck you because they're expecting something in return...like money

This is just factually not true. I used to live in a 50% Filipino area. They are the only culture I've found that outright encourages race mixing as the end goal of life. Every single Filipino parent I spoke to wanted their son or daughter to marry a white person (this was in a 1st world country where the flips didn't need to do it for a green card or money btw)

It was actually pretty creepy tbqh

Watch "My Super D" for an even better gauging of Flip SFX. The title isn't a euphemism.

We've been conquered basically all of our nations history, so race mixing is the only way to get ahead in life.

Is the hair of people you have defeated/cut they head.

We're not exactly alone in Asia, actually. I'm in an area that's got a huge amount of Asians (partially due to Apple hiring tons of Chinese and partially because of international programs) and there's a lot of East Asian girls who only go for white guys. Obviously, this isn't for all East Asian girls, especially since there's kinda-sorta a stigma against foreigners in mainland Korea/China/Japan/etc.

That said - yeah. My tagalog mom started solely dating white guys (after she divorced her kapampangan husband, split up from a black fiance of four/five years), and my sister wants to marry a white guy.

No it's more like Filipinos are opportunistic as fuck. They'll do just about anything to get ahead in life and an easy way of moving up the socioeconomic ladder is to marry up.