/swg/ Now with 50% more feels

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Fuck this prequel shit

FUCK CLONE WARS AND FUCK CLONE PEOPLE

Someone needs a hug

Any X-wing rumors beyond Wave XI?
FFG puts so much time in between the official announcements of new ships and the actual release that it really kills the hype that builds for them.

Scum Veterans- Kihraxz and Starviper.

Scarif Veterans- Y-wing and X-wing

if episode 8 leaks are true, First order Aces, First Order Interceptor/Bomber eventually

>There isn't a grey side of the force they said

Light IS balance, totality, or whatever you want to call it.

Dark is imbalance.

Its not manichean despite the terminology.

>My premise is the proof!

That's like totally headcanon. Besides my nigger the Bendu would disagree. He is currently the strongest force user in canon.

>Greyfags at it again
>Ohboyherewegoagain.holo
So, /swg/, what are some fun examples of supply chain fuck-ups for AoR PCs to experience? What sorts of things might go wrong when a supply officer fills out paperwork the wrong way?

Correct. The "light" side of the force is embracing stability and balance while dark side is embracing chaos and imbalance. Note that Jedi/Sith is n not mentioned there.

All things considered, the Jedi are just as much a dangerous threat as the Sith are, as both groups are fanatics that seek to destroy the other side of their millenia-long doctrinal war.

The "gray" jedi are a stupid idea. They're just force users that don't follow the teachings of either camp, and base their outlook in self control while still embracing the chaos of life in general. The Sith are wrong in their views, and the jedi orthodoxy are the same. Both camps extremists.

>Getting triggered by nu-canon
Woah is this...the...power...of...autism.......

Being supplied a battalion's worth of wildly inappropriate environmentelly specialized clothing
Horrifyingly, they've been issued a month's worth of vegetarian omelette MREs and nothing else because somebody mistook the return box for their shipment
Vast quantities of belted slugthrower ammunition for a caliber they don't use, and no correct ammo for whatever slug guns they have, or blaster packs

>Implying Greyfags and Force morality arguments haven't been cancer since before the EU wipe
Legends or nucanon, the horse you're beating is still dead.

>Being this Jensaarai

Nah man the light side is about opening yourself up to the world around you and focus/mental discipline. The Dark is about looking inwards and unleashing your inner passions be it hate/lust/fear/love/yerning for endless Star Wars debates. You're right that neither are inherently evil but always focusing on yourself/your own immediate feelings on any subject I s pretty much a one way trip to asshole town.

If Dark v Light was all about order vs chaos the dark probably wouldn't have fascism as it's almost default government type. The chaos springs more from the constant Galactic scale wars these guys get into when they have a philosophical dispute

I prefer this to anyone discussing which of the new movies is worse.

Caravan of Courage > Battle for Endor

I hate the idea of grey Jedi because it seems people think it's an excuse to start force choking and shooting lightning at the bad guys. "I'm not a dark side user see how I only kill people I judge bad"

The special forces guys in Battlefront 2 should have Death Trooper helmets instead of Pilot helmets, in my opinion. Or normal Stormtrooper helmets painted black with red markings. Anything other than what they have, to be honest. I don't hate what they got, I just think there are much cooler directions to go in.
Always been a rebel fanbuoy anyway.

No worse than dropping large objects on people's heads or bisecting them with a lightsaber.

They have pilot helmets because they are pilots in addition to being commandos.

>pilots in addition to being commandos
>Not a game about Dinner Squadron and Silly Squadron
One fucking job, EA.

>shitty marysues in addition to being rebel scum

>Marysues
>Wraiths
Wanna know how I know you've never read Wraith Squadron?

Much as its only fair that Impfags get a campaign for once, since they almost never do - yeah, we came this close to Wraith Squadron.

Ive wanted a Wraith squadron game since always goddamnit.

It could have been a two-sided deal. One campaign could have been Wraith Squadron: Bad Company, the other could have been what we're getting now or Delta Squad 2: Sev's Back Boogaloo.

I wish.
I wish so fucking hard.

But this is modern Dice.
Im surprised they can be bothered with one campaign - having two in one game just wouldnt happen.

Don't worry knowing EA you will be able to with DLC

Lol nobody cares about Rogue Squadron's retarded younger brother.

How would you guys stat the Fury in EotE or FaD? The party found a derelict old Sith Empire ship and I want to give them something cool that might also lead to some pretty interesting quest points. Their current ship is a piece of shit and just about to break down

It looks like it's just a TORtanc reskin of the VT-49 Decimator, so take the Decimator stat block then reduce stats to taste to account for wear and tear, and obsolete gubbins.

>shaved headed ladies
HNNNNG

Class 100 hyperdrive shitty weapons and shield. Obsolete access points for astromechs. The ship is 4000 years old it should be shit.

>Extra power cells, that are all drained
>patterns of X-Wings that are so old they barely run
>Plasma torpedoes in a box marked "thermal detonators"
>Helmets designed for the wrong species/a species only one of them is

There is no Grey.

There is Light, which represents Tranquility.

There is Dark, which represents Passion.

They are intrinsically connected, balancing one another as a Yin and Yang cycle.

This has been discussed a million fucking times. There is no absolute morality or binary methodology in Star Wars, especially when it comes to the Force.

Stop trying to force your "but its muh sooper simple kids fairee tael!" shit into a sci-fi fantasy universe with more content than any of us could imagine.

Death Troopers are cool in appearance but fucking stupid in practice, just like Shore Troopers. I'd prefer to have nothing reminding me of one of the franchise's worst movies if/when I play it, thanks.

You're thinking of Rogue Squadron, user. They're EXTREME Mary Sues, but Wraith Squadron is much better written and far more realistic.

They're still Rebels and fighting the objectively wrong side of the war, but at least they're normal humans with normal ace pilot abilities. They're not pulling a Wedge and blowing up super SDs and Imperial planets with a blaster pistol because he's Wedge and he's cool and he's basically an OC author insert Gary Stu in any EU story he appears in as the main character.

Oh, let me be clear, I hated R1 too. Shore Troopers are fucking clown shoes. Death Troopers had a nice look about them, genuinely menacing in a way that I don't think any other Storm Trooper variant manages.

>well over a dozen games where you play as the rebels or jedi
>four games where you can play as the imperials
>none where you can truly play as a sith

Gee, it's almost like it's about goddamn time they give us an Imp campaign, huh?

Yeah, sorry if I came off as hostile or some shit. I just really fucking hate R1.

Death Troopers definitely look cool though. I almost wouldn't mind seeing them, to be honest. First cool Stormtrooper variant we've gotten in over a decade.

I think you'll find that's almost literally what I said user.

>none where you can truly play as a sith
Swtor, user

I'm agreeing with you user. Mainly directing that to some people I've seen that are angry that it's gonna be an Imperial campaign.

Does an MMO really count? Maybe, I guess. Galaxies also let you play as an Imperial, or Sith, or Jedi, or Rebel, or Wookiee dancer and chef on the side.

>Does an MMO really count?
Swtor is actually really good for an MMO. It's one of the few that's worth subbing for whenever there's a new expansion.

I guess I misread your tone.

But yeah, i mean, as an unrepentant Rebfag, Im disappointed as hell that the Imperials are getting a Wraith Squadron game. But eh, not like Im bitter about it, there's barely any Imp games.

Oh it's the shitty empirefag who thinks r1 shit on the imps.

Quick rules question. If I have Stay on Target and Hera Syndulla, is there any weird stacking interactions?

Example: I revealed a green maneuver. Obviously, I can use Stay on Target to swap to any equal speed maneuver, or I can use Hera to swap to any green maneuver.

a. Can I SoT to another direction, making it a red maneuver, and then apply Hera to select any other red maneuver?

b. Can I Hera to a different speed maneuver, and then SoT to select any maneuver of that speed?

They receive absolutely everything they need for their mission - three weeks after the mission was completed with whatever they were able to jury-rig since they didn't have their equipment.

If they're Rebels, then it might not even be that the supply officer fucks up - they just straight up dont have shit.

If its blaster rifles that's one thing, but if it's new snubfighters then theyre shit out of luck, it's going to be a while before they can get those.

It's totally KDYs fault for building ships out of wet paper.

R1 did shit on the Imps, creepy fucking card-dealing yaoi-obsessed gay clown.

As an unrepentant Impfag I'm almost excited to see what they'll do, but I don't have much faith. Even letting you play as the Empire wouldn't make up for a game being total shit.

Plus they'll probably have her go rogue anyway, just like every single shitty story from an Imperial point of view does.

>start of the trailer is her chilling in Le Firstest Order base reminiscing on the good old days when crushing hope and freedom was easier
I sincerely doubt that.

>start of the trailer is her chilling in unknown location reminiscing on the good old days when crushing insurgencies and restoring hope was easier

ftfy

You didn't betray the good guys in TIE Fighter!

No, you were shooting them down.

TIE Fighter is probably the only good Imperial game. There's also Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds, but you don't exclusively play as the Empire. Battlefront 2's campaign was alright, I guess, but the narrative took an anti-Empire standpoint.

You're thinking of the X-Wing and Rogue Squadron games user.

Good. They're the bad guys

*in your opinion

Also in setting canon lore*

*in your opinion

Alright, let's try something else
You can cast five people in five roles of your choice in ep IX, excluding the /swg/ rogue squadron dream cast and people who've been in a star wars movie before
Who do you cast, and as who?

The intro to ANH literally calls them evil

And the intro to ROTS says the Separatists have heroes on their side, which is also objectively wrong.

We really gonna do the "Intro says they're evil so they are" argument again?

A hero is a courageous person, not necessarily a good guy. Yeah, there are brave bad guys, so what?

But it isnt.
The separatists arent just the separatist droid army and commanders.

The civilians on their side do include good people.
See Clone Wars and CIS Senator Mina Bonteri who was secrely assassinated by Count Dooku because she was working with Padme Amidala to try and broker a peace between the CIS and the Republic.

Hero vs Villain is by definition a false dichotomy.
While a villain is always a bad guy, a hero is not always good.
There were heroes in the Empire too, they're still the villains of the setting.

>The game ends with you retiring to train the Sheev Youth so you can take back the galaxy as Grandma Admiral

If only.

So the Empire has courageous people, therefore heroes in it, right?

And the Empire isn't just Palpatine and Vader. It's billions of men working for a paycheck or trying to fight for a great cause of galactic order.

I will agree that in the OT and the bad Disney movie, yes, the Empire is the story's antagonist, and yes, in several Expanded U works they're the antagonist. That is objective fact.

It is purely subjective as to whether or not they are evil. Villains are not always evil. There's a big difference between an "antagonist" and a "bad guy".

>So the Empire has courageous people, therefore heroes in it, right?
No shit. Of course they do. They're still villains as a whole

>if it's new snubfighters then theyre shit out of luck, it's going to be a while before they can get those.
>Need new snubfighters
>Rebellion is fresh out
Get in the fucking Lambda, faggots, we're finding the nearest MandalMotors or SoroSuub or Kuat manufacturing yard and stea- errr. LIBERATING VALUABLE WAR MATERIEL IN THE NAME OF THE NEW REPUBLIC. Bring your disruptors.

>It is purely subjective as to whether or not they are evil.
Despite the first movie telling us this is bold yellow text.

>Villains are not always evil.
Is that why the definition of villain uses the word evil to describe them?

Sure!
Except for the fact that canon literally states, unequivocably, that the Empire is evil, and at no point mentions anything good about them.

Like them all you want, that's cool. They have great aesthetics and cool designs.
But they're the villain, and are literally described as evil in canon, and all the actions we see them take in the films are also in that vein.

Pretty much the only 'good' shaded imperial character we see for sure is Captain Needa who personally accepts responsibility for his crew fucking up.
He is promptly executed on the spot.

Well, yeah. It goes "evil villain" because a villain doesn't always have to be evil. Like strawberry cake, or good movie.

Good guys on your side does not mean your side is good.

>It is purely subjective as to whether or not they are evil.

I gots me an opening crawl says different.

The Empire is evil. There may or may not be good guys in the Empire, and Hell, the Empire may or may not occasionally do some good or be less evil than the alternative (but then, the lesser of two evils is, by definition, still evil), but taken as a whole, the Empire is evil. This is a fundamental fact of Star Wars.

Good guys don't blow up unarmed planets for the sake a weapons demonstration, for starters.

No, a villain is always evil.
You're thinking of the "not evil, just misunderstood" trope which results in an antihero.

Right, the "evil villain", counterpoint to the "good villain". That makes sense.

Man, I want to know more about Captain Lorth Needa. He seemed like an officer and a gentleman.

Also want to know about the unequivocal badass that is General Veers. Now there is a man who got shit done. Apparently his canonical first name is Maximilian, which is ten times better.

From Merriam Webster.
"Villain : a character in a story or play who opposes the hero"

Antagonists are not (always) evil, they simply are the characters who oppose the protagonist, who is not (always) good.

And it also says in big bold text that the Separatists have heroes. Which is wrong. Bringing up the intro to ANH is completely meaningless.

Your entire post is wrong, but I'll try to pick it apart.

>canon literally states
It literally doesn't.
>never mentions anything good about them
If you've been tricked into following Disney canon only, yes, they do say the Empire's done good things. Read the comic about the Stormtrooper Commando. He says that the Empire benevolently came to his backwater planet, cleaned up the criminals, and offered impoverished people like him a chance to make something of themselves. Pay, duty, and service.

>literally described as evil
I don't think you know what that means.

>only good shaded character is Captain Needa
No Imperial officer does anything in the OT that could be even remotely be called evil except for Tarkin. They're all pretty chill guys otherwise.

>executed on the spot
The crew greatly appreciates his selflessness, and he isn't executed until much later by Vader, much to the silent protest of everyone else there.

Vader is evil. The Empire is not. Subjectively.

If you wanna think the Empire is pure evil, sure, go ahead, I won't stop you or even try to argue you. However, don't say it's objective, because it isn't at all. It's your opinion. My opinions are subjective too.

The only objective thing about the Imperialfag-Rebelfag debate is the subjectivity of both sides' moralities.

>Good guys don't blow up unarmed planets for the sake a weapons demonstration, for starters.
Oh boy, here comes Grand Admiral "muh imaginary alderaanian superweapons and defenses" to rev the shitposting into high gear
I can guarantee it

>Well, yeah. It goes "evil villain" because a villain doesn't always have to be evil
Go google "villain definition".
Evil is also the 4th word of the wikipedia page for "villain".
Villains are by definition evil. Villain is not synonymous with antagonist, btw.

The whole argument of subjective levels of evil is stupid too. Just because you beat your wife less than all your brothers doesn't make you NOT a wife beater. You're the best evil person

>And it also says in big bold text that the Separatists have heroes. Which is wrong. Bringing up the intro to ANH is completely meaningless.
But the seps do have courageous people on their side. Hero doesn't not imply good, just brave.

Oh shit, yeah, my bad. Was thinking antagonist, sorry. Not the other guy, btw.

No, a villain is the antagonist, and the antagonist is the character that opposes the hero, who is the protagonist, the main character(s).

Crime movies often have the protagonists being murderous criminals or drug lords opposed by law enforcement, who are the antagonists, the villains of the story.

It does not mean the criminal heroes are good people, and it does not mean the law enforcement villains are bad people.

The Empire is not fundamentally evil, and it is not a fact of the Star Wars universe.

Even taking a planet's destruction as an evil act, that was executed by one man, one single man out of trillions of Imperial personnel and citizens.

The E.U. plays Veers a bad hand unfortunately. Tactical genius, but he breaks his legs when his ATAT crashes on Hoth. He gets into a sick hoverchair - they don't repair his legs because...some reason, but this was written back before Star Wars medical technology was seen as more advanced - yet he continued being a tactical genius badass until he was sent on a suicide mission by a political opponent whom he didn't even dislike.

Straight from Cuckapedia.

A villain (also known as the "antagonist", "baddie", "bad guy", "heavy" or "black hat") is an "evil" character in a story, whether a historical narrative or, especially, a work of fiction.

Notice that "evil" is "in quotations".

>I can guarantee it

Even if Alderaan had superweapons and defenses, that does not change the fact that it was destroyed solely as a weapons demonstration of the Death Star's firepower. Tarkin says so himself:

>"Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration."

So it still means that the Empire was blowing up a planet full of people not because it represented a threat, but rather to demonstrate to the Galaxy that their weapon worked.

Well, actually, it does generally IMPLY good, it just doesn't always mean it.

> Good guys don't blow up unarmed planets for the sake a weapons demonstration, for starters.

Self defence.

don't need to be pure evil to be evil, bro. otherwise nobody could be evil.

of course the empire is going to do things that seem good to many people. a lot of what the nazis did seemed good to a lot of people as well. doesn't make the nazis not evil. unless, uh, that's essentially what you were trying to say there?

Woopity fucking doo. The Empire has three guys who could be called evil out of trillions. Give me your point already.

No, we're not talking about subjective levels of evil, we're talking about subjective good and evil, moral relativism. Different subjects.

"The defense systems on Alderaan, despite the Senator's protestations to the contrary, were as strong as any in the Empire. I should conclude that our demonstration was as impressive as it was thorough."

Direct quote from Darth Vader privately, not publicly or propagandishly, talking to Tarkin, from the novelization of A New Hope.

I definitely agree.
I really wish we'd got more background on some of the Imps we see in the films. Especially the ones around Vader - are they assholes like him, or just doing what they can to avoid being chokeslammed by Daddy?

Needa seemed like an okay guy though. May he rip in rip.
That said, jokes on him, ships way smaller than the Falcon have cloaking devices.

Evidently you never heard of the old 'tiers of canon'
The core canon was films. Then it was stuff like Clone Wars which Lucas took a direct hand in.
Then it was books and comics, then games.

Film and Clone Wars canon is the only canon that survived the Didneyworl purge, and it made up the core of old canon.
And in film and Clone War canon, the Empire is described literally as 'evil'.
Im sorry you dont want to admit that, but it's just a fact that is easily verifiable by watching the opening fifteen seconds of New Hope.

In fairness, I agree with you on the fact that some more grey for the Empire would've been nice.
I loved Rogue One giving us more absolutecanon grey for the Rebels, so it'd be nice to see some light from the Empire - people trying to do good in a bad system sorta thing.

Film canon absolutely disagrees so far, other than Captain Needa.

Also the argument that the Death Star was only one man blowing up a planet doesnt hold. Men designed it, men planned it, men proposed the idea of a gun that literally blows up planets, a man gave the order to destroy a peaceful unarmed world, and other men carried out those orders.

Moral relativism is what the cultural zeitgeist is all about these days. Not surprising it shows up on wikipedia as well.

ThE Rmpire from Star Wars is the quintessential evil empire. Like they are THE standard that all Sci-Fi evil empires are measured by. How are you arguing that they aren't evil?

The Rebels are the good faction. You are a moron. End of story

Then why does the opening crawl outright state "the evil Galactic Empire". Given that the entirety of Star Wars is told in the form of a story, following various myth arc tropes very closely, I highly doubt that the opening crawl is meant to be taken solely as an artistic flair.

Star Wars is a fantasy story that happens to take place in space. And part of the tropes of fantasy is that things like evil Empires can and do exist.

>that was executed by one man

No, it wasn't. This is like saying that only Hitler killed Jews, when in reality he probably never intentionally killed a single Jew in his life.

Tarkin gave an order, but there dozens of fire-control operators, engineers, and so on in the Death Star who pulled various levers and pushed various buttons that resulted in the Death Star firing. To say nothing of the fact that no one else in the room tried to override or stop him. To say nothing of the countless Imperial scientists and engineers who designed the Death Star and oversaw its construction and created a planet-killing weapon.

The Empire could only function if the majority of people were willing to enable it, even if only a small percentage of the Galaxy was actively a part of it (to use Nazis again, at its greatest extent only about 10% of Germans were actually members of the Nazi party).

> Men designed it, men planned it, men proposed the idea of a gun that literally blows up planets

The planning stage precedes the Empire.

Any luck on a Ghosts of Dathomir scan?