Connected to VaticanNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Prayer_Guide.program
>Easter_traditions.sim
>Bar_Mitzwah.knwsft
>Virtual_confession.aro

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 666 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'REPENT SINNERS'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running prayer.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Religious edition
what religion is your runner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
youtube.com/watch?v=tDcYhwjHzZE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what religion is your runner?

My decker doesn't follow any religion but the Faith of Self. VISUALIZE and ACTUALIZE to REALIZE the TRUTH INSIDE.

I'm spending so much money on these motivational seminars and lectures, and I'm just waiting for the GM to decide whether the leader is a bug spirit or shedim

My face is dangerously Irish, so roman catholic naturally

Does neo anarchism count as religion?

So, I'm going to play a Rigger in an upcoming campaign, what are some suggested drones to bring? So far I'm thinking 3 MCT fly spy drones for recon and 3 MCT Rotordrones for sentry and firesupport, but I'm open for suggestions.

Snag a Lockheed Optic-X2 for sweet stealthy recon. If you've got money leftover, a Transys Steed is sometimes handy for keeping your meatbody mobile when you need to jump in.

Agnostic, but grew up in a catholic household so has a tendency to think 2070's Christian (with all the magic =/= divine and all, the modern accepted standard) whenever it comes to considering the idea or ideals of a god.

Flying Eyes are good for inconspicuous legwork, it's not an issue to just have one constantly filming you (and everything around you) all the time. A CU^3 is better, but with the Flying Eye you can get the flashbang one so that if you're discovered you can get your weakass meatsuit back to the car.

A Mini-Zep fills the same role, except you don't have to be present - slap a NERPS logo on the side and it can go anywhere public without attracting attention.

My current runner was philosophically indifferent until he was ridden by the Spirit of Raven, but that's a bit more like an affliction and superpower than a religion.

My previous guy was a sincere worshipper of Vishnu Revealed Through Christ, a pro-magic anti-cyberware cult. He was raised by his grandma to believe that Essence is directly synonymous with the eternal soul, and would be pretty upset by the heretical OP image.

>Religious edition
Reminds me of a character I rolled off of someone's home made cyberpunk character generator. Was a sadistic female priest who used melee weapons and had implants that helped her fight at sanic speeds, her main motivation was to bring down megacorps. Figured it sorta made sense in a corps playing God so shoot up on genemods and fight fire with fire kind of way. Made me and a bunch of others in the thread wanna play a cyberpunk campaign about religious fundamentalism.

My unarmed adept is a moralfag Catholic, in fact, he's so moralfag Catholic he's part of the Order of St. Sylvester and has Jeanne D'arc as a mentor spirit. Though the GM has been dropping hints she's more than a mere mentor spirit and may actually be the bona fide Saint that was sent down to aid my character and our child runner against a magical BBEG. So it's been breddy cool.

You didn't put Shadowrun in the OP and I had to find the page manually.

>-2/10

>not filtering for srg instead
Get Used WR3

It's okay user, not everyone put points in computer

sometimes you just roll a glitch
be happy it wasn't a crit glitch

Hmm, an Optic-X2 might be useful, but I guess it is mainly for outdoors use.

Apart from the flashbang thing is there any advantage of using Flying Eyes instead of Fly-spy?

The Mini-Zep seems cool, will have to check if other source books are ok though, as most people will be new.

Also, are there any sensor upgrades that are "must haves" and is it possible to add vision enhancements to drones? And how do autosofts work, do I have to buy autosofts individually for every drone or just for every drone type?

Flying Eyes are a ubiquitous sight in cities because they are small, cheap, and maneuverable.

Fly-spys have realistic features 2, which means that at a glance, it looks like a big bug. However, if someone discovers its actually a surveillance drone, there should be greater concern about what its up to.

I prefer Flying Eyes myself.

She believes in the old greek gods just because it makes people uncomfortable because her race is from a greek myth.

A Fly-Spy is in-universe more suspicious. With an Eye you can say you're updating your P2.1 page, with a Fly-Spy crawling around anyone who notices it will notice you're using a drone that has 'Spy' in the name and is designed to be unnoticed.

Autosofts are bought for drone type, if you're running them off your RCC. If you want to install them in each drone, you need to buy them separately. Or, if your GM is not a dick, you can buy it and copy the program over so you don't need to constantly be rebuying Clearsight softs, because rigging is enough of a money sink.

I don't think you can add regular vision enhancements like those for glasses RAW, but I always use the rules for sensor suites on core 445-6 for drone and vehicle sensor suites. Vision Magnification is a must for surveillance drones and sniper drones, ultrasound for seeing through smoke, and the radio signal scanner is surprisingly useful.

> what religion is your runner?

Pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
We go to the same church I guess

Hey tg, what book should i get to better get the megacorps? 4th corporate guide or 5th market panic?

Market Panic has good info, but assumes you already know about them. Get it and Google.

I'm going through this shadowrun art folder and can someone explain why theres so many catgirls? I play a catgirl in other things but it didnt even occur to me to play one in shadowrun.

Please don't play one in shadowrun. Catgirls are cancer.

because one Chummer posted a lot of them
and because catgirls make things better

Gotcha
I just assumed that all the ladyboy dicks were there because this is Veeky Forums, But is there a story behind those too?

>ladyboy dicks
?????

The art folder is 90% shit. I don't know why it's in the pastebin since half of it is just there because it's his fetish. I deleted fetish-shit, anime-shit, cat girls, dragon girls and memes and it was about 30% of the original size.

I got a folder from this thread with shadowrun art
In it are a few (ive seen two) pictures of ladyboy dicks.

Well, Jesus never saved me from the backseat of a Lonestar patrol. Mr. Credstick on the other hand...

1:0 for Mr. Credstick

> But is there a story behind those too?
Veeky Forums might be one of the less Veeky Forums-y boards, but it is still Veeky Forums.

Well now that you mention it, my friend Jayseus did save me from the back of a lonestar patrol, But I wouldn't use him to tip a stripper.

If your dm was any good he would make it so all those seminars you go to add up to make a new god

Yeah, my Jewish friends never would borrow me money, too. Cheap assholes.

Now I need a picture of a dwarf pointing to Jesus, while a stripper is asking him for money for a lapdance.

If the GM was any good he'd know that's not how Shadowrun works, on multiple levels.

On that note, anyone know if Frost Giants have started popping up? Cause if so my case for believing in Thor just got undermined.

Well there are giants
and some of them are probably canadian
so i guess?

What are some negative qualities that would be good for roleplaying a character with PTSD?

there is litearlly a ptsd quality

Is it in a splat book? I can't find it in chummer.

Flashbacks is what its called, I just assumed it was PTSD related

Well i was thinking of taking two or three qualities to get a more realistic depiction of PTSD, rather than just seeing 'nam every once in a while.

Flashbacks
Dementia
Paranoia
Reality Impaired
Delusion

just some that sound like they might be what you want without bothering to check them

Thanks omae.

Phobia of something reminiscing them of the event and Poor Self Control could also fit.

If a focus is created by one guy, but bonded by another, does it still have the signature of the creator?

Would you consider "Never kill with magic" a valid code of honor for a magician?

Depends
Are you going to go full anal and not even let people you buff kill with magic?
Theres not much space for pacifists on a shadowrun.

I mean it's not like "use stunbolt always" is that big a deal, but it seems like instead of making more interesting situations for you it could make things less interesting instead.

How would a mild hotsim addiction work? I assume that there should be something more to it rather than just "spend an hour once a month in hotsim", but what should be considered as enough 'excitement' to constitute a dose?

Well as I understand it, hotsim is addictivebecause it's an experience that is more vivid than real life, you just need to spend time in hotsim at a virtual club or something because the experience is the drug, just like BTL's.

Favorite heavy pistol?

Ruger Super Warhawk and any variations/refluffs of it. I know the Savalette is considered to be the best heavy pistol, but there's just something so satisfying about a heavy fuckass revolver.

But user, strippers need Jesus more than money!

Lemat 2072
It's two guns in one, plus it's a revolver

Savalette Guardian. Every time, it's my favourite firearm 60% of the time.

Savalette Guardian, because it looks cool and has a burst feature

Colt Manhunter is good for a 'throwaway' heavy pistol. Being unhackable is useful too.
Savalette guardian if I'm pairing it with a Colt Agent Special light pistol, sharing ammo is crazy useful.
Ruger Super Warhawk if I want to intimidate. Modded with a long barrel, custom look, and a very visible holster.

The Colt Manhunter for being the best semi-automatic non-smartlink pistol.

I guess you could just put a laser sight on a Guardian, but on the other hand shut up.

Cabella's sporting goods sells a .44 caliber modern day reproduction of the lemat. I'm really tempted to buy it.

plug it directly into your goggles

Yeah, I'd bet you like that, wouldn't you DECKER?

I'm pretty sure you have to be Wireless On to get the good Smartlink benenfits anyway. Also I'm trying to imagine connecting a wire between goggles and a pistol in a way that wouldn't be annoying or stupid or dangerous and I'm pretty much stumped.

>way that wouldn't be annoying or stupid
run it down your sleeve with magnetic connecting tips.

or just say fuck it and get an internal router or some shit, I don't fucking know anymore.

Gun plugs into wrist, goggles plug into face. Wires are inside.

>run it down your sleeve

That's actually a pretty good idea and I'm mad I didn't think of it, especially since that's how they hid the cord to the power source for the Terminator's laser sight.

I'm an Adept, but that's also good.

I like that you know that movie fun fact

fun facts are fun

run a data jack in your hand and just plug into the gun.

>run a data jack in your hand and just plug into the gun.
I don't like how 5e datajacks have no capacity score or clear mention of placement in eyes, hands, etc.

you have a USB in ur head...but yeah i understand that totally

>turbo bunny from 4e
>5 data jacks
>2 behind each ear
>1 concealed as her belly button
>control rig ontop of that

her head must be full of wiring as she's also a BTL junkie

That's a bit of fluff I miss from old Shadowrun, actually. The positioning of your datajacks used to mean a lot more than it does now; 'jack in the wrist tended to mean you needed it to interact with things you were holding, a 'jack in your lower spine was for rigging, a 'jack in the temple was for deckers and sararimen, etc.

I just threw my dude's datajack into his head on the left side behind/slightly above his left ear and he's an assassin ghoul

yeah I'll take my warhawk over the salvalette purely for that intimidation/chromey factor.

Browning Ultra-Power

I might be a bit biased as I used to own a Browning Hi-Power.

I have a game I am supposed to run and I had to sit down yesterday with the last player to make his character. This is what he wanted to play after I walked him through character generation, and this is the teams only hacker. This is also for a group of players who with one exception, are all new to shadowrun.

They're fucked aren't they?

How's playing a ghoul actually going for you? I've always wanted to, but the general climate here is that it's a tremendously bad idea.

NTG, but I'd say the climate here is less relevant than the one at the table. If they're cool with it, rather than 'shoot first, ask questions never' ... go for it.

After all, people here vary, and full grognardia is never far away.

>Religious edition

As always, you should talk with GM beforehand. The problem with ghouls and the other infected is that it quickly can become the adventures of Ghould and friends. Also, everybody has to justify trusting a ghoul with anything.

wear a mask/breather all the time and keep gloves in the pocket and no one will notice. Don't reveal you're a ghoul until you've helped the NPC out and already come off as friendly. Other acts of merit also help concrete the notion that Ghoul is actually not a monster.

Hell, anyone with assensing could also tell my dude is a ghoul, but also that he has no violent emotions. Also a corpse legger for food, so he's not starving or anything.

>nightjob
>get the call from the fixer
>some one killed 4 people
>need the bodies gone pronto
>Ghoul gets there as fast as possible
>loads bodies into the van
>takes bodies to other ghouls who cut a 2kg chunk of meat from each body as payment
>has a fridge loaded with ziplock baggies of raw meat

Read about hannebelle and how she's a fixer that's extremely good at integrating infected into groups of runners. Basically starts with merit introducing the runner, group gets psyched and then they just don't care that they are infected.

There is a lot of fun things to RP too during downtime stuff. The RP log is at about a hundred and sixty pages and I intend to upload it onto 1d4chan some time when I actually bother to figure out how to do it.

My guy has been a ghoul for 8 years
>self isolation from family
>hasn't been laid in 3 years because of lack of hot ghoul chicks and not wanting to accidentally infect anyone
>accidentally scratches his own shit all the time
>has a ton of little scars from accidental scratches
>night job's actions in getting the bodies and how they were found/removed
>taking a shit while having an entirely meat based diet it was pretty funny
>antics with roommates and hellhound puppy
>antics with neighbors
>antics with astral vision, super smell/hearing
>matrix antics

A couple of the players were sort of wary with the whole physical contact thing. A few of them were actually Ghoul's roommate in his large low lifestyle apartment so they didn't mind him.

>Religious edition
Capitalist

youtube.com/watch?v=tDcYhwjHzZE

>Capitalist

The most barbaric of all religions.

My most recent character was Episcopalian by default, but hadn't been to church in a long, long time, like since he was a kid. His dad was a cop, graduated from the last class ever to go through the RCMP academy, and the breakup of Canada, union with the US, and general corporatization of everything hit the old man pretty hard. His mom was an elf, and she worked for Ares at the time. She was big into the traditions of Tir na Nog, and had little tolerance for Christian dogma. She took off chasing her career, leaving her ex-husband to drink himself to death while working for KE, and would occasionally show up to give her son grief for not being elven enough. It's hard to keep up with the whole trees and mana thing when you're a Firewatch doom cyborg, though.
Suffice to say, my elf street sam did not think much about religion.
I did have a character who was ex-Mossad, but he was a secular Jew, so I dunno if that counts.

How do you even play a ghoul? Doesn't the Reduced Senses (Blind) weakness pretty much make you worthless?

cyber eyes. Almost every ghoul in shadowrun that's mentioned by name has cybereyes.

Even without cybereyes there is a shit ton of options. Astral vision, enhanced smelling/hearing alone would let you find a person, avoid running into objects and generally get by.

the ghoul nation in africa has apparently the best matrix access and everyone can get by using only AR alone.

Cybereyes.

So you'd just need to get some cybereyes then pay the 10 karma to buy off the trait?

don't even need to buy it off, you're surgically fixing the issue

I had a adept infiltrator type whose father was the preacher at one of the few protestant churches open to the public and not burned down by street punks.

She was a nice shy girl by day. Dressed conservatively, read the bible, gave food to the homeless, washed graffiti off the walls.
During runs she acted out some of her perverted fantasies, her chameleon suit looked like a fetish version of a habit, thighboots/armgloves, Cross necklace which was her focus, the whole nine yards. Someone joked that her nickname should be "Slutty Mary".

I wasn't a very good Christian.

At one point I got caught by a camera and the police started circling the image around on the media (Thankfully I wore a mask). However during a dinner with the family and friends (one of the other players along with assorted NPCs), the whole "Slutty Mary" thing came up and Papa Preacher went into a rant about how he didn't care about the crime committed but the fetishistic view of the faith was unacceptable.

Needless to say things got awkward. Especially the part about how he went on about how her parents are terrible people for having raised such a debased person.

From the Reduced Senses description:
>If the sense is ever repaired or corrected permanently, the quality must be bought off. If the character does
>not have enough Karma to buy off the quality, the intended repair cannot be made.

Wouldn't that apply?

just stahp its not worth the effort to think through this blunder of CGL logic

You're looking at the *Negative Quality*, not the *Critter Weakness*.

uhhh is me i'm actually extremely tired from work and his phrasing confused me to the point of "fuck it"

Ah, I see. Thanks

catholic
patron saint is Saint Nicholas aka Santa Claus
>patron saint of children and thieves
>patron saint of shadowrunners

The one runner I have made to date was an unregistered Catholic human mage whose tradition was christian theurgy.

He was always concerned the Order of St. Sylvester would approach him and ask about his running. He was not the most pious person and was fascinated with spirits who he thought were just another one of God's creations a view which he was well aware may get him branded a heretic due to Christianity's uneasiness with spirits.

Awakened Doctor that's a Christian Theurge, Protestant in the Methodist faith.

He's basically a disgraced doctor who was framed for something he didn't commit in the workplace, following the path of the Prophet Jesus Christ in aiding his fellow man and healing the poor and desperate, giving them hope. He runs primarily to fuel a clinic just for that specific purpose. He makes the rich pay for his services however. They can afford it.

There was also a point where the faint whisper of a Toxic spirit tried to influence him,
and he ran away from that HARD, fearing what he might become if he gave into despair.

Also, his summons are basically titty angels with some Shin Megumi Tensei influences with modern clothing styles. No real known names,
but one of them is named Sariel, for instance.

Can someone post that group edit of the black shadowrun character that everyone had a hand in?

Pretty sure there's a more fucked up version out there too.

How do we fix assault cannons?

Allow them to fire the wide plethora of Ammo types that other firearms have access to. Its also a shame there isn't a 12F Assault Cannon so you can get a taste of the 40mm tank round life at chargen.

Damage soak requires two hits to negate 1DV.

>not posting the album cover
Hottest unsigned artist on the scene right now, chummer.