Challenge

Challenge
You have been tasked to capture an Immortal.
>They are incapable of being harmed
>They can over-exert their muscles, giving them tremendous strength
>2000 years of experience, probably some combat training in there

No magic allowed, you have up to steam level tech.
How does your character get the job done? There is a massive reward for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Techmaturgy#Weaponry
immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/God_Catcher
immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Immortal
youtube.com/watch?v=pFrGd0sAM8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I roll to seduce the immortal!

Steampunk Optimus Prime saves the day.
It's a thing, I just can't find the comic.

Do THEY have any magic? What does a success look like, them in an adamantine cage?

>Do THEY have any magic?
They do not, but they may have tech gadgets
immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Techmaturgy#Weaponry

Getting some would be a good idea. Immortals do feel pain after all.

Is there anything or anyone they care about? "I'll topple your favorite country of you don't get in the box."

>I roll to seduce the immortal!
>2000+ years living
What exactly could you tempt them with that they haven't already done?

This right here.
If your target is so head and shoulders above you in capability, you have to fight dirty.
This is how a 200lb human hunts a 4000lb mammoth. Get creative, chase them off a cliff, bury them with rocks.
In the case of these "immortals" you can't hurt them physically, so go after their hearts and minds. You're hunting the mother of all mammoths here, you're gonna need a lot of guys and some pretty big metaphorical spears

They can't be harmed, but do they have any immunities? Can they get drunk? Can we offer them delicious food and drug them? Alternatively, how strong ARE they? Surely there's a number of soldiers and adamantine chains at which you can drag them where you want.

>Techmaturgy

Good lord, that sounds dumb.

>Is there anything or anyone they care about?
OP here
Yes, many of them have cares, some of them run nations, some of them even keep rotating mortal companions in an attempt to stay sane. Going in the right direction.

>What does a success look like, them in an adamantine cage?
That seems pretty good. You might want to weld the lock shut just in case, but they are only about 2x human strength due to overexerting muscle fibers. So thick steel bars or chain would work just as well.

Some of them are immensely hedonistic, but the ones that are are often surrounded by bodyguards.

Doesn't matter. All men are horny bastards. College taught me that.

OP again
>Drunk
Yes, so long as the cells in their body (Aside from hair, nails, dead skin layer) are not damaged most intoxicants, poisons, drugs will work on them.

>Strength
2x human strength per pound of muscle. Some Immortals are 6 foot plus beefcakes, others are small and thin.

>Surely there's a number of soldiers and adamantine chains at which you can drag them where you want.
Yes. The trick is finding and actually catching them.

I'm looking for tactics for this page
immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/God_Catcher

>Nothing about being inexhaustible

You just throw dudes at him until he wears down, walk up, and handcuff the cunt. Then shove him in a big fuckin' cage.

>Not going after the female immortals
Don't tell me those wouldn't fetch a higher price...

The same way you capture any immortal. Trick him into a hole, fill that hole with rocks. It doesn't matter how strong he is if he can't move.

With steam-level tech, you could arguably create a boring machine (as in a machine for boring, not a dull engine) and turn their castle or whatever into a sinkhole, which you then fill with rocks.

I vote we call this method "Rocks fall, nothing dies"

OP again
>inexhaustible
So long as they can keep breathing, their muscles won't get exhausted. Mentally though they will suffer the negatives of sleep deprivation until they sleep.

Just throwing dudes at a target until they get exhausted seems like a plan that only works if you have a lot of expendable manpower. Whos gonna sign up for that job?

You never told us how many resources we had to work with. Looking at your link, it seems you may have wanted to add that we're trying to catch them as efficiently as possible, to make a profit.

>I vote we call this method "Rocks fall, nothing dies"

True. My bad.
So far I like this method the best

My greatest regret in life is that I didn't think of that first. Jesus.

>So long as they can keep breathing
Combine this with
>Techmaturgy
Gas canisters anyone?
Get the immortal into a building or cave, choke them out.

>create a boring machine (as in a machine for boring, not a dull engine)
Thank you for clarifying this. For all those people who thought you meant create a machine for the purpose of creating disinterest

You said "your character." What if it just so happens we're playing epic level characters that are hekatonkheires unto themselves?

Come to think of it, you also said these Immortals can't be harmed, yet they have to worry about straining themselves. You need to work on better defining the limitations here, OP.

>Whos gonna sign up for that job?

Starving Irish cunts exist for a reason. All the better if you can get them to do God's work.

Also, to add to this, it's even better if most of said starving Irish cunts die in the process, because then you don't actually have to pay them. What would their families do? They're Irish.

Though that does give me another idea: provoke a fit of ennui in the immortal so he just gives up.

Id say drown them. We cant hurt them, but you havent said they dont need to breath. Presumably if their lungs fill with water they pass out.

So either lure them into a trap we can flood, or sink a ship they are on.

Punch him til he dies.

Do I have to go CIA on him?

You see. This kind of logic and moral reasoning is how empires are made.

>steam level tech
Canons. Chain balls. Whatever.

I think 2000 years kinda differs to people in college.

>Id say drown them. We cant hurt them, but you havent said they dont need to breath. Presumably if their lungs fill with water they pass out.
OP here.
This is correct. They do need to breath to function.
immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Immortal

>their brains can shut down temporarily if enough blunt trauma is applied, though they will suffer not long-term effects. Immortals, when starved of calories, water, or oxygen can fall unconscious for extended periods of time, however their bodies will attempt to wake up despite the lack of energy input.

>This effect is called torpor or the endless sleep. They can be brought out of torpor by external stimuli or by random intervals of wakefulness. As they cannot die, Immortals starved of oxygen or calories are constantly on the edge of consciousness and can either choose to surrender to the torpor or fight for every second of being awake. The body is attempting to shut itself down, but is unable to.

Okay, so we dig a pit, drop him in the pit, pin him under rocks, flood the pit, and then kill a bunch of Irish anyway because why not.

Sounds simple.

>then kill a bunch of Irish anyway because why not.

But then we have to dig them out of the flooded rock pit.
Kill the iris AFTER they dig them out of the pit

If they can be bludgeoned into unconsciousness, they can probably be poisoned.

What sort of contact/inhalation/ingestion poisons are there in the setting? Even if they aren't lethal, a lot of poisons wreak absolute havok in the body.

Honeypot.

No one said anything about delivery. You give the location of the pit and let the client sort out the pick up.

>What sort of contact/inhalation/ingestion poisons are there in the setting?
Pretty much what can be synthesized in real life with a bit of expansion. There are temples dedicated to the creation of poisons

>Do I have to go CIA on him?
elaborate?

Poison darts coated with a paralytic. Then throw them in a pit. Fill the pit with rocks.

Are you sensing a theme?

>Poisons
>Flooded pit

Guys. Hear me out on this one. We flood the pit...with poison

The "Bane?" scene, but with an extra large hot air balloon.

>Poison darts
>Immortals cannot be harmed
IE, darts won't penetrate the skin you mindless pleb so they cannot deliver their payload.
Now a poison sprayer...

Gotcha, interrogate mortals working for said target.

>their brains can shut down temporarily if enough blunt trauma is applied
Get a fuckton of disposable cannon fodder with heavy clubs, like lead core iron clubs.
Club them over the head
Drag them to the wheel of pain
????
Profit!

Setting does not agree about what constitutes harm.

Seems like the setting is saying their bodies can't be harmed, but you can screw with their body chemistry

>With steam-level tech, you could arguably create a boring machine

or use the period correct method of dynamite/nitroglycerin and Navvies(as in a navigational engineer not a big blue space hippy from the year 3000)

Reading the Immortal description, drowning them in alcool seems a good idea.

Failing that, I guess dropping something heavy and massive enough on them would prevent them from moving.

Making them fall into a deep enough pit would do the trick to neutralize them, at least until they can find a way to climb up or dig their way out.

From there, you could just bind them thightly enough in a sarcophagus so that they cannot move.
It doesn't matter how strong you are : if you cannot build momentum, you'll have a hard time using that strength.

This map is Mars, isn't it?

OP here, popping in every now and again while at work
Not a map of mars, randomly generated map that my team and I filled in.

The same reason people think little kids are cute.
The instinct to protect a member of your species that is way younger than you and is also ignorant and inexperienced.
Make that turn into affection.
Make that affection become something else.

> After living 2000 years, everyone you meet is functionally a loli

Uguu~

youtube.com/watch?v=pFrGd0sAM8w

Think about how set in their ways, ignorant of the modern world, and bitter towards anything new an 80 year old man that didn't take aging well is.

Now multiply that by 25.

>After living 2000 years, everyone you meet is functionally a loli
I'm glad Veeky Forums focuses on the important stuff

>Think about how set in their ways, ignorant of the modern world, and bitter towards anything new an 80 year old man that didn't take aging well is.
>Now multiply that by 25.
Reading OPs wiki
Most immortals apparently go mad in different ways, either by delusions of godhood, becoming NEETs, hermits, or going full supervillain

Define "tremendous" strength.

Regardless, a very deep pit and some kind of knockout gas are probably going to enter into my plan at some point.

According to , it's about 2x normal human limits.

>it's about 2x normal human limits.

Oh, that's not too bad.

Yeah, I'm feeling good about my pit trap and knockout gas plan.

grease the walls of the pit so they can't climb out, then have some sturdy chains nearby to tie up your prize.

If nothing else, this thread produced
"Rocks fall nothing dies"

>drop a mountain on them
>lure them over a pit
>knock them out with gas

>How does your character get the job done?

I take out a classified ad.