ITT: we create a setting using arguments

Rules:
>Every new detail introduced must be introduced through an argumentative or opinionated statement as if you were a long-time fan of it. Introducing new details to oppose a previous statement is Encouraged.

>No more than 5 factions/nations, however Factions aren't necessarily limited by race.

Alliance-fags can get fucked. Your oh-So blessed council is little more than a bunch of squabbling toddlers who rarely, if ever come to a decision, huddled together so they can circlejerk while the people die off due to military ineptitude or economic crisis. Hell, if it weren't for the Millennium War, the council wouldn't even exist and the nations would probably have already killed each other off.

Xandrius on the other hand:
>Glorious Stratocratic Government headed by brilliant minds and badass generals who've proven their worth through battle after battle, victory after victory.
>Equal opportunity government. Surviving your first battle is the first step to political and personal success.
>Led by TITUS FUCKING CRIMSON. Just hearing a name so manly is enough to put hair on your chest, let alone hearing his victories.

I hardly think Crimson can be held responsible for those victories. The man is a brainless barbarian who can barely form a coherent sentence without aid from his advisors. And as for his actual skills in battle I don't think beating the shit out of half a dozen Halfling's counts as "Impressive".

As for the alliance council, have you forgotten that one of its oldest members and most esteemed generals is a Gods Damned DRAGON. Councilor Drahak may be getting a little long in the tooth, but he could still burn your "Titus Fucking Crimson" to a crisp with extreme ease.

The only reason Xandrius continues to exist is because the council feels sorry for you. After all, it must be frustrating, having leaders who think that the best way to solve a famine is to have drill sergeants scream at the soil

bump

>Calling Hellfolk Halflings
You and I both know that exterminating those cannibalistic maniacal little shits is no small feat, they multiply faster than kobolds. The only reason you play it off as no big deal is because the Alliance is home to the remaining nests for those vermin.

How does it feel to know that your "Great Drahak" agreed to letting them desecrate your dead? How long do you think they wait before digging up your mother's grave and serving up her rotting flesh to their young? My guess is not even an hour after everyone leaves the funeral.

Well, if Kithar didn't think corpses should be eaten 'e wouldn't 'ave made them edible would 'e? You're just jealous that we're 'is chosen people while none of the otha gods 'll take responsibility for your worthless arses. That's what Kithar's priests say, so it must be true

Your god is a hallucination caused by you eating rotting flesh. He's not in any scriptoral doctrine besides your own, and he's of your own making.

This arguing between you cityfolk is why us wildmen of the Kuthar Plains remain unconquered by your empires and the empires that came before them. Not to mention none of you have ever had to singlehandedly spear a Davorke'o to eat dinner...

Why do we continue to tolerate the people of Koulmar? First off they're little better than bumpkins me who've shunned many technological advances because they are a theocracy lead by "god kings" and act as if 400 years means nothing to them.

Do you know how much it took to get them to even look into Aether Engines? Granted it was amusing showing one how to use a telegraph

>Glorious Stratocratic Government headed by brilliant minds

I'm hoping that this is just shit b8, because anyone who isn't retarded knows that the only reason Xandrius exists at this point is because their only half-decent scribe managed to find the Pain Vault and its 10 millenia worth of common sense economics, and they still managed to perma fuck their own economy two decades later

"Aether Engines"

Is that what you're calling your human sacrifice altars now? Just because you're calling it "Aether" doesn't just make the blood and gristle magically disappear

Just accept that you're committing atrocities and move on with the rest of the civilized world. Just look at the Tenoch over there, with their flying pyramid fortresses. They're not pretending they aren't sacrificing people!

Hell, tomorrow's even national sacrifice day! But you wouldn't know about that, ingrate

it's the middle of the day steppenigger, shouldn't you savages be sleeping right now?

Den 'ow do you explain de way 'is priests can control the creatures of 'is making - rats an' woodlice an' the like - or pull de sickness outta someone an' stick it in someone else? Some folks say its magik, but they's idiots dat ain't willin' or worthy ta see de glory of Kithar

That's because there's literally nothing worth conquering out there, except a bunch of wild, stupid beasts... Oh, and the Davorke'o.

shit thread

I've never HAD to no, but I've gone out to hunt the beasts on many occasions. Their horns fetch a pretty penny among wizards, several pretty pennies actually. Though I doubt you know that, seeing as how you probably eat them horns and shit and all .

Siphoning a bit of soul energy is hardly considered human sacrifice you Rathian Barbarian.

Besides, only those who've committed the most heinous of crimes are fully immersed and even then if they voluntarily decide to do so any family they had (and can prove they are family) are duely compensated for however long it takes until they completely siphoned.

That said, if Tenoch is so great with their "flying fortresses" why do they feel the need to mutate their own people into stratified castes? It seems hardly befitting of a proper civilized society to hobble your children because they were not born to nobel blood.

>Sacrifice day

Oh yes, to commemorate that time they sacrificed two generations to a literal snake oil salesman to end a seventeen hour eclipse

's, that's all you find in the clothes from those Xandrian weavers. I swear, it's like they enchant the clothes so that they fall apart at the slightest breeze. I doubt that's likely, considering all of those utterly absurd controls they place on magic over there, but still its bizarre. I suppose I should expect no less from a people whose current vogue fashions include silver chainmail and steel corsets. Talk about "Iron Maidens", am I right?

I love how your candy-assed libtarded rhetoric can't come up with any better way to support your "Rights for murderous unthinking killing machines" campaign than to coyly imply they're not beasts.

We've all heard the stories from the frontier, it's public fucking knowledge that the Davorke'o are nothing more than murder beasts.
Their only humanoid feature is fucking fingers over their fucking eyes, like some sort of fucking retarded extra eyelid, and that's all it takes to make you forgive them for fucking killing every man, woman, and child in sixteen villages.

FUCK OFF, ideally to your beloved animals so they'll kill you instead of somebody who matters.

>Siphoning a bit of soul energy is hardly considered human sacrifice you Rathian Barbarian.
yeah i guess turning people into zombies incapable of any form of higher thought isn't EXACTLY the same as killing them
i'd say they must teach you bastards how to be pedantic but that would imply you savages have any form of public education at all

We do as a matter of fact. The College of Estima was established specifically for this reason and all educators must be sanctioned by them. Would go a long way to show how the people of Estima have become an economic powerhouse in spite of the size of our neighbors who grunt and scratch their ball sacks waiting to throw their lives on the blades of their neighbors becuase they have nothing better, or noble, to live for.

Hey, it's a great time for laughs all around, right?

We just sacrifice effigies of Zertocus instead of the usual sacrifices, and then there's the festivities!

You people just don't know how to have fun.

I'll have you know being a servant of the Ehecatl Caste has served my family well for twelve generations. Sure, the lack of functional eyes and a tongue can be a bit of a hassle, but who needs them when you're guaranteed to not be sacrificed?

Well, except on the five accursed days at the end of every cycle anyway.

Still, it must be tough for you people. You have to find jobs and such. How can you live without such cleanly defined lives?

>Still, it must be tough for you people. You have to find jobs and such. How can you live without such cleanly defined lives?

Unlike you we find validation in our lives as hard working individuals. The Consensus of Wisdom tells us that our myrid efforts all contribute to the greater whole of society.

That and I can still taste and see things.

Course you'd believe that. That's what "The Man" wants you to think. But it's not the Davorke'o that are killing everyone out their man. Sure they take a few here and there, but it's The Trees man. The Gods Damn Trees. I knew A Guy whose sister's fiancé's brother's best friend knew a guy who saw a wood cutter get turned into a smear on the ground by one of the oaks out there man. He got near it with an axe and its branch just swung down to meet him. Its not even dryads or shit like that killing folks, it's just the fucking Trees. They don't take shit from nobody. So yeah, believe what "The Man" tells you, but when they come for us, I'll be the only one laughing, you'll see.

I'm not sure if this is hilarious, because seriously who dies to a TREE. Just throw a torch at it.

Or if it's sad, because it shows how people blind themselves to the real issues of frontier villages getting wiped out while people beg us to spare their murderers.

You really think the people out there have enough dead wood lying around to be wasting it on tossing torches? Anyway, have you ever tried to set fire to a forest? I have and let me tell you it's fucking difficult. You got to build up the right amount of fire, spread enough dry, dead wood around so that the fire can spread, it ain't easy. And stands to reason Living Wood would be harder to burn than wood that's only still alive. Wood what is Still alive is harder to burn than dead wood after all, so the next step up must even more fire retardant

Ah, I see someone's been flicking through a dictionary looking for intelligent sounding words. A zombie is an animated corpse bound to the Mage who stuck some magic in it you blockhead. Those we sacrifice for the greater good retain their lives, their freedom and their souls. It is hardly our fault that they cannot make good and proper use of these things.

bump

Fuck the Mage Knights.

But also FUCK the mage knights, right?

bump for interest

So whats the deal with those homo nucleus thingies? They infernal or what? Sure as hell seems unnatural. What the fuck do you even use them for? Studying? Finding the hidden page stuck together from jerking it while trying to learn to cast charm spells?

I heard those things clawed some poor tavern wenches eyes out cause the sorcerer who cast them had a crush on her and she spurned him.

Maybe you shouldn't o hanged that man near the old oak, eh? One too many spirits got entangled in the grove, at least one of em had to be innocent. Maybe it ain't the trees you should be worrying about...

what kind of sanctis pact breakin' bullshit is that? You damn well know your violating the sanctity of the dead, (Less of course you had the original owner of the bodies permssion, which I highly DOUBT) which means your breaking the covenant with the dead, and you know what THAT means...

Those noble brats wouldn't fuck one of us if we were made of solid gold. You might be able to get the attention of one of those scholarship gits, but you'd still be hard pressed to find one who would, considering none of them want the noble spawn finding that they aren't also Noble spawn.

In short, Just stick to shagging your sheep mate.

You bitches still arguing about shit?
Why haven't you taken the scaled pill and accepted kobolds as the master race yet?
>higher birth rates
>higher military moral
>used to be slaves but they killed a shit ton of dragons
>kolbolds have defended the civilized nations from the invading savage Iutucx tribes
>kobolds are better at science
>kobolds have napalm and tanks
>kobolds have airplanes
>kobolds don't have druids
>kobolds pushed drawves back to the mountains
Serously fuck drawves

I've personally always believed that the creations of a master race WOULD NOT blow up on a regular basis, but I suppose a deviant lizard lover like yourself would be willing to over look those glaring faults

Oh the animal fucker is here. Lovely. Go back to whatever disgusting warren you live in, you fucking cum guzzling lizard lover.
>muh master race
>even though the blow themselves up
>even if their mortality rate is as high as their birth rate
>even if "muh lobolds" are getting their shit pushed in by the Trogs
>thinking it's a feat to beat the shit out of retarded midgets

The same was once said of Thalan, now look at him. One of the most commonly worshipped Gods in Alliance territories and with a pretty powerful priesthood. So I'd be careful, cause one day Kithar, God of Disease and Decay, may be the most popular God around and you'll just look like a complete loony

>killed a shit ton of dragons
setting history don't mean shit when all the remaining dragons tend to have a load of the little bastards under their claw
seriously, it's ridiculous
>find dragon
>have to fight kobolds

though at least he's better than the fucks who tried to make nagas a player race. pretty sure those guys ACTUALLY want to fuck literal snakes

>though at least he's better than the fucks who tried to make nagas a player race. pretty sure those guys ACTUALLY want to fuck literal snakes
I don't think you've grasped the concept of this thread, my friend

Fuck druids
I don't know why we haven't wiped that religion of the face of the fucking earth
Every day thses bastards ruin the lives of peasents
There worse then a kobold liver who actually believes the propaganda
Worse than the troglodytes who have massive child sex dungeons for no reason
Worse then, dare i say, drawves

yeah, my bad. I saw "setting" and thought "homebrew"