An ancient evil has returned

An ancient evil has returned.
youtu.be/jkj8KmxYpkQ

>That Intro.
I miss Space Marine.

>That first screen.
Gee, why not just go ahead and cite every page on lexicanum? Didn't see you say you didn't have the rights to Macharius.

We all do, brother.

>Scope jigglin like a kid who had too much sugar.

Damn it LIIVI, use a damn bipod.

Also I want to see the 30 minutes of her calling him a dirty mon-keigh we all know happened. Or the dirty heretical sex. Im good with either.

>every day until you like it
Saw the thread yesterday, saw it on facebook. Video is very well made but LCB and its lore-rape has overstayed its welcome

>That urgent mission with 30-40 days for arrival.

Made me giggle.

I knew it was familiar.
>spoiler.
t. Tarkus.

LCB is a dark part of Veeky Forums history also the smut is good.

That's the Imperial burocracy at its finest.

ah, the time when Unyuufex was a thing...

In Seventh Retribution we learn the assassins have archeotech transports and the best navigators that can take them anywhere in the galaxy in a week.

30-40 days the High Lords must've been like, "Yeah, we need the target dead but no hurry though, take your time about it."

>Kill someone in 30-40 days is not important.
I see...
>When the target site is in middle a clusterfuck where almost everyone in the galaxy is fighting each other.
>When even the loyalist forces are shooting each other.
The High must have some interesting priorities.

30-40 days to arrive clearly isn't important when you can get your man there in 7 if you wanted.

Why do people have problems with Love can Bloom? It's not a bad fanfic. The 40k universe is big enough to allow this to exist.

It has an assassin, a brainwashed killing machine made of flesh, betray humanity for xeno pussy. It's got THE WORST anime/romance tropes which wouldn't be a problem if not for the positions of the characters involved. They also kill a Grey Knight, a literal paladin of justice who dedicated his entire existence to fighting the worst horrors of Hell itself so that people like that race-traitor could go on existing without getting assraped for all eternity. It's cringeworthy animu fantasy stuffed into the worst possible setting. They showed the Avatar storyline in a setting where humanity fights for it's very survival against xenos and traitors are a HUGE deal, and they did it with Eldar, a race that views us as ''lesser creatures to be exterminated''. THANK YOU based GW for putting an end to any possibility of that garbage by killing of Taldeer, and by adding that bit that she was horribly tortured beforehand. Fuck lcb, and if you like it, fuck you too.

Like I said, the 40k universe is big enough to allow this to exist. This is an universe where billions dyinng is a bette than normal day, souls are tortured for all eternity by beings of pure evil, and the galaxy is just a litteral hellhole where no chance of survival exists, because everything is going to get eaten by the nids anyway. What's so bad about a love story? And about LIVII sparing Taldeer, isn't mercy one of the most human virtues?

codex doesn't say thou shall not pound, brother/

calm it down user.
some people like sloch and without those faggots we wouldn't have good pulps and without those good pulps 40K would not exist.
we have to accept that animu faggotry on a mongolian throat singing message board is going to exist and there will always be a place for faggots like those a body bag

>isn't mercy one of the most human virtues?
Holy shit i don't even know how to respond to this. Mercy is what got the Emperor where he is. Is mercy a human virtue? Not in 40k, friendo. In 40k, mercy gets you killed or worse. And he didn't spare her out of mercy, he spared her because his dick told him to. And again, this is an ASSASSIN, these things are more conditioned then the Astartes. It has a cringeworthy storyline that pisses on the core values of 40k. Also i am SUPER mad about that Grey Knight.
Tarkus is literally everything an Astartes should aspire to be.

Haha, nice.

Are you a questfag too? Because the only creatures I've seen with that level of salt content are questfags.

We're talking about an assassin, a man broken physicallyand mentally since the day he was born to the point of considering himself moe a weaon than a man, conditioned to obey the slightest order and sent to die in a hopeless world. And then he found the strenght of character to choose hat, for once, he would save a life insead of destroy it. It's a tale o inner strenght for LIVII and it's a tale of humbleness for Taldeer, who had to accep a mon'keigh as her savior and lover.

>break the super-effective conditioning and brainwashing that worked on literally everyone else through the power of love
SUPER cringe. This is what i mean when i say animu tropes. 40k might be an over-the-top setting in a lot of ways, but it has always been a deconstruction of tropes like these. Shit, guess they should never send Vindicares against any female deploying troops ever again.

The beauty and inspiration in 40k comes from seeing how humanity struggles and refuses to be brought down. The guardsman who charges a berzerker after dozens of his comrades have been cut to paste only to land a lucky blow that topples the giant, the astartes who stands his ground against the endless swarm of Tyranids and manages to pull a lot of them with him before getting ripped apart, the inquisitor who bombs a world so that corruption does not take it, this is what makes 40k wonderful. As well as seeing the camaraderie of the Guard and the brotherhood of the Astartes. With, of course, the ocassional romance story, within species, of course. But this? When LIVI betrayed Imperium, he shat on every guardsman that ever died in terror, despair and agony, every astartes that ever gave his life in a desperate last stand, all the way up to The Emperor himself who forces himself to kill his favored son and now exists in endless, indescribable agony so that humanity could have a future. All for some pussy of a species that both loathes humanity and is the most to blame for the state of the setting.

>taking a setting created explicitly to justify stupid fun by making all the factions stupid this seriously
Humanity isn't an example of struggling and refusing to go down, it's a bureaucracy that's big enough to sustain the stupidity of the people now running it until it all eventually breaks down. Humanity is in a death-spiral, and anything and anyone that could be the salvation of even a small part of it gets shot and stomped on for "heresy." It's a story of what happens when a system is "too big to fail," then loses whatever got it to that point.

>muh comedy setting
Go back to the first 2 editions. 40k has been serious, albeit comically over the top, for a long time.

>Because the only creatures I've seen with that level of salt content are questfags.

I will try to explain it in a way with less REEEEEEEEE like the other poster.
Everyone in 40K is an arrogant racist extremist jerk whose metods are brutal but the "good" ones are put in many messed up situations where "shoot first and don't ask" are the right choice that they choose err in the side of harshness.
In general, Vindicares are brainwashed snipers with null social skills beyond military speech and they don't speak to anyone except their handlers or whoever put the hit. Meanwhile Farseers are prophets who manipulates lives of thousands of lives from others species to damnation who will never know who put them in their situation, just to make sure the eldar live another day. And since interspecies alliances are rare enough (because everyone has their heads inside their own butts) the prospect of romance between different races is in-universe deserving to be set on fire by a Salamander/shoot by a commissar/forced into the Path of cleaning the W.C..
Then we got Love Can Bloom. A fan story born from a well made short comic about a Vindicare who defects the Imperium (like if the IG vs Blood Ravens conflict wasn't already weird enough) to protect an eldar Farseer he just watched through the scope, and the funny thing is he does not know why.
(cont.)

>(cont.)
This is not a story where suddenly LIIVI and Taldeer became the 40K equivalent of the American Sweethearts. Taldeer only accepts his help because she is wounded, everyone else in her warhorst is dead or missing thanks to the IG/Bloody Magpies and thinking following a goon of the Inquisition (for now) is a lot better than lynched by angry guardsmen/ kidnapped by the Blood Ravens/ending in Gorgutz' pointy stikk and LIIVI is trying to understand WHY he put "Protect Taldeer" above "Serve the Emperor" and his only clues are how people reacted after he killed someone before Kronus, both aware that EVERYONE in the planet wants them dead (with only Lukas Alexander has a morally good reason to do so: killing a traitor and the witch who betrayed Sturnn) and they only have each other to make it alive.
Of course, the normal 40K would not stand it. Is a miracle that Ciaphas Cain can say he has a """"friend"""" Tau without getting purged. At most, the best thing you can say to an alien is "why you weren't born as my race?"
And so, the idea that a brainwashed assassin and a seer who despises "inferior races" (just read the map description of Tyrea in Dark Crusade) would (eventually) find each other as their better half is the kind of stuff you would need Emperor Children tier drugs to make a bit of sense and most fans agree. For humans is heresy and for eldar (as the TTS series put it blunty) is beastiality.
>(cont.)

Not him, but even vindicares are still human, and as long as they're still human and possessed of free will it's not impossible for them to fall in love with a beautiful xenos witch. The same principle applies to said xenos witch. Sure, it's not probable, but given the sheer scale of the setting and the vast periods of time it covers, there are certainly enough chances for it to happen.

>vindicares are still human
temple assassins kind of aren't, which is the first and most obvious error the fanfiction just glossed over

>vindicares are still human
>literally ''i don't know the setting: the post''

Man, even eversors, the frothing, chem mad berzerkers of the officio assassinorum, are capable of displaying moments of underlying humanity in their more lucid moments. What are distinctive about the temple assassins is that they're so deeply conditioned towards desired forms of behavior, but deep, deep beneath all of that there still is a shattered husk of a human spirit. That was something LCB did an actually okay job of portraying.

>(cont.)
Now, maybe is because my introduction to 40K was Ciaphas, da Orks and the Redeemer instead of Fifteen Hours, Einsenhorn and Horus Heresy, but I'm not of those who says "everything is bad and sad except the battles". I can accept both the Grim and the Silly of 40K and I can accept a love story as long it fits my understanding of the 40K world and I think that was (and is) the issue here.
Most people don't like LCB because is anathema to their understanding of the grim future where there's only WAAAGH!, where there's enough reasons for anyone to kill anyone else. Even the most "likely" scenarios of Guardsman X Banshee requires the type of thinking that let's you vulnerable to hundreds of stupid deaths. They (probably) would accept Gav and the Sister Repentia (from Gav and Bob), Doc x the Hospitalier (from All Guardsmen Party) and/or Ciaphas and Vallerie because while unusal, they make a lot more of sense in universe that LIIVI and Taldeer does and that's okay. Heck, Bloomwriter himself wasn't fond of Lofn at first because it crossed the line between "REALLY unlikely" and "Frak no" as normal fluff is concerned, but Lofn is a cute lil' shit so I guess she gets a pass.
The issue is that they are more weapons than the Space Marines themselves, and LIIVI's arc is about finding his humanity while protecting Taldeer. Heck, Gabriel X Macha can make more sense under the right circuntances than LIIVI X Taldeer.

Case in point, this user is someone who loves the original fic and was his introduction to the Dawn of War series.

>Offers counterpoint to your argument
>HAHA FILTHY LCBFAG IDENTIFIED
I never even finished reading LCB, or ever played DoW.

>They also kill a Grey Knight, a literal paladin of justice
>Implying Grey Knights resemble anything close to actual paladins of justice and aren't just a bunch of glorified daemon killers.
>implying killing a Grey Knight is somehow a bad thing

I was speaking about myself... sorry if you took it the wrong way.

>a daemon killer is a bad thing
>killing a Grey Knight is good
Go suck Abaddon's cock, Chaosfag.

How long until GW sends this a C&D and sues them and also files DMCA claims?

>implying I meant daemon killer were bad
Tuska Daemon-killa called: He says your Grey Knights are a bunch of cowardly grots who don't know the proppa way to fight daemons.

'cept dat Draigo guy. He's a laff and half.

>there still is a shattered husk of a human spirit
And the "human spirit" in 40k is radically different from what we consider normal.

If the kill crazy brainwashed assassin had fallen for another human being, it wouldn't be so jarring and out of tone with the rest of the setting.

jesus that looks like some dank 2000AD shit man.

>Implying that a human who was purposefully deprived of any form of social interatction would make such an absolute differentiation between "human" and "human with pointy ears"
When you train someone to only see humans as targets or potential targets, there's bound to be issues of non-differentiation. In a way, it could only work with the brainwashed assassins because they're the only ones not doing it out of hate or feelings of superiority or any of the emotional vilification that everybody else is carrying around. They just judge everyone and everything as potential targets.

i think the best way to describe it is the last post in this cap.

These folks don't fall in love, they don't really interact with humans or other temples really
they are barely even human

>implying assassins wouldn't make an immediate, absolute differentiation because of the obvious differences in human and non-human biology/psychology
>implying they, as highly loyal (and exorbitantly expensive) imperial agents expected to be working well within enemy territory wouldn't share the imperium's contempt for their enemies purely as a way of safeguarding all the valuable technology and information present in their bodies
This level of conditioning isn't something that can be broken by "twoo love at first sight"

Inferno! and later Warhammer Monthly were done up by a lot of the guys who actually worked on 2000AD as well. Not a huge surprise considering their locations, though.

eldar are weird fuckers my dudes.
worm like fingers
tall and lankey
strange faces and eyes
massive conical heads

An donz git meh started on dem Commorragh panzees an their zoggin' BDSM fetishz!

>When LIVI betrayed Imperium, he shat on every guardsman that ever died in terror, despair and agony, every astartes that ever gave his life in a desperate last stand, all the way up to The Emperor himself who forces himself to kill his favored son and now exists in endless, indescribable agony so that humanity could have a future.

That's what you do when you love someone you fucking nerd.

Besides, Guardsmen are basically rodents but less hardy. I'm sure LIVI couldn't care less.

>That's what you do when you love someone you fucking nerd.

you usually don't shit on all of you ancestors, and your very race.
now my family that isn't heard off but you really only do it once.

look my dude just take it as what it is, pulp but unrealistic pulp.

unless taldeer is the one creature in the world that has a fetish for emotionally dead mon'kieghs

actually to add something on this.
I was doing some thinking and i think honestly the most likely human-eldar relationships would happen between corsairs and either captives or fellow mercs because the cosiars do operate as sell swords.
probably some semi jaded pirate has tried the hot mon'keigh dick

>most people shit on LCB for the assassin acting like he shouldn't
>shit on LCB for moe-ficating Eldar into an all female space-waifu race
>and because all art shows her not taller than the Mon'keigh
Perspectives.

It angers me that people are still angry about LCB. It fucking happened, the writing was pretty good, its more than any you fuckers did, you want to complain, make your own story.

Or don't, not like I can make you do anything.

user, I always took the events of LCB as an example of how the Imperium fails to understand human nature and the galaxy as a whole. There are a lot of things in the Imperium that are good, noble, worth protecting and dying for, yes, but it's also a theocratic, bureaucratic, slowly-disintegrating mess perpetuating itself through routine genocide century by bloody century.

The appeal of the 40k setting is that the sheer scale and desperation of the grim darkness of the far future brings out the best *and the worst* of the people living in it, in every possible variation. Courageous sacrifices and shameless self-preservation. Honor unto death, and pointless betrayal. Thousands upon thousands of valiant Guardsmen, giving their lives for their comrades and families, in battles they were only sent to because of minor bureaucratic errors. Billions of human beings finding the solace and strength to carry on another day through the adoration of a man who had just as fervently tried to eradicate religion. Chaos Space Marines so deep into the Long War that they barely remember the day they had to choose between the Imperium and the Legion, and became everything they despised because they could not abandon their brothers.

So, yes, LIIVI betrays the Imperium. The reason he betrays the Imperium is, frankly, trivial compared to what it took to turn other people away from the Emperor, and most of those people had much better reasons to be so weak. LIIVI was perfect. He was honed into a killing machine, brainwashed and disciplined since before he could remember to kill in the Emperor's name. He had no family, no friends, no pride, no ambitions, nothing outside of Duty, and that's why LCB happened. He had nothing.

(cont.)

Or some tall, handsome eldar space captain got his dick wet by some mon'keigh pussy, voluntarily or not.

We could just forget about it, but it refuses to not be unearthed by people parading its corpse around.

You can take a child and beat every line of the Bible into their memory, but that doesn't mean they *understand* what they're saying. LIIVI probably knew from an early age that the Emperor was the Most Glorious and Holy Protector of Mankind, but that doesn't mean anything to a six year old who lives in a world of fear and pain, those are just the words They say after 'Emperor' and They'll hit you if you don't say it too. You can't teach abstract morality or the concept of belonging to something bigger than yourself to an emotionally stunted, chemically-saturated child who has never had a human relationship. The Temple thought LIIVI understood what he was fighting for, and LIIVI thought he did too, but really all they had produced was a highly-functional bundle of rote memory and tactical evaluation. No reason to betray the Emperor, sure, but no reason to keep going besides it simply being What He Did.

And that worked perfectly well right up until the helmet came off, and a little part of LIIVI that he'd never heard from before said 'I like her. I don't want her to die.'

Like I said, it's a trivial thing to betray the Emperor for. It's pathetically trivial. It's not even for love, it's for a silly, juvenile crush that any other human being would have swatted down without thinking about, but it completely blindsides him because of how completely broken the Temple made him. It's the first *genuinely good* thing he's ever had, and the ultra-cool, badass assassin, the unstoppable killing machine, drops everything he's ever worked for to pursue something he doesn't understand, because, underneath it all, he's still a human being who wants to love and be loved.

It represents the survival and triumph of a compassionate, human impulse in a grim, dark universe trying as hard as it can to snuff it out. LIIVI might have betrayed the Imperium of Man, but he was, in his own childish, uncertain way, fighting for Humanity.

>I always took the events of LCB as an example of how the Imperium fails to understand human nature and the galaxy as a whole.

That is te key element here. We can compare LIIVI with a man-made diamond. They took coal and they put it to some absurdly high pressures to create the strongest mineral possible, and yet they forgot the fact that all it takes for a mineral is a hit on the right spot to cleave in half. For LIIVI, that was compassion for Taldeer.

>tfw livii is now heartbrokenly guarding a wraithknight as he desperately tries to find a way to keep her alive

>you're not allowed to complain about bad fanfiction until you write your own bad fanfiction

>>tfw livii is now heartbroken, but still protecting his daughter, trying to bring her to a place far away from the madness of this galaxy so they can live in peace.

>daughter
The lore-rape keeps going.

>Lore-Rape
Guess this never happened.

>tfw taldeer's wraithknight suddenly goes rogue, and despite the best attempts to stop it, marches into an unknown part of the planet
>eventually, space marine scouts, orks, eldar, dark eldar, tau, necrons, 'nids, and Chaos all start reporting a small Eldar child playing in the shadow of what appears to be a Wraithknight
>anyone who gets near enough is killed by exitus rounds
>no one can spare resources from the war to investigate further

According to current fluff, yes, it did never happen. He jumps from Dark Angels to Ultramarines like they are just careers you can switch if you feel like it. So much of this is just from a different era.
Should have
>inb4 Spock
Let's not repeat this mistake
>inb4 crazy but vaguely described experiments in Commorragh are a proof

Scuttlebutt claims LIVII was a defective Vindicare - I forget how and why, but it manifested in him having emotions other than "eliminate target".

That's a bit of an excuse. Did it do something that contradict our orders? It must be defective. They don't even consider the possibility of him having a bit of free will.

There's also the eldar/human hybrid space pirate captain who shows up in the novels.

If I remember correctly it was speculated in the book that she may be one, but there was also never any proof. Also these novels often enough offer questionable additions to the canon.

She was rumored to have Eldar blood in her. No real facts about her background. The most likely explanation for her look and agility is her being tainted by Chaos.

How did i not notice that untill now.? That was really well made.

Don't we all.

Well might as well post them cutes for Awwws or to trigger some butthurts.

>That's what you do when you love someone you fucking nerd.
Stop projecting you pathetic animu fantasies into 40k.

You did a great job of explaining it user, the problem is if an assassin can just malfunction like this, why didn't it happen sooner. Unless LIIVI was somehow special, in which case, again, cringe.
Also, while your explanation is from his point of view, my contempt comes from mine. I see what is going on in the entire setting like an omniscient observer, and his betrayal disgust me. Literally ''The Emperor half-died for this''. Also, the fact that the author was actually pushing the ''love triumphs against all, we're gonna get a happy ending'' until thankfully Gdubs killed her off. It reeks of animu fantasies and wish fulfillment. The sad part is i'm a HUGE sucker for things like that, and in ANY other setting i'd be enjoying it and rooting for them. But this is 40k, and i have accepted long ago that stories like that and similar (which, again, i enjoy immensely) would only end in tragedy, and have no place in the setting. Not to mention that i hate Eldar.
So this is a combination of my disgust at the in-story events AND the work itself and the tropes it uses.

>There will never be a story about LIIVI and pregnant Taldeer living in a exodite world, where humans and eldar coexist "peacefully".

>humans and xenos living together
Right, cause it NEVER backfired, right Tzeentch

Well that could be a possibility. But what about at ???

Who is that young man and or regal and noble looking teen having the audacity in trying to court Lofn?

Is Livvi almost always bound to look like either Markiplier or an Asian-European Bruce Campbell?

Me thinks Livvi is bound to be some Eurasian, judging by his appearance in fanarts.

Bruce Campbell is a really good look for LIIVI to be honest.

>The same drawfag drew a picture of "Love bloomed in her mouth"

What happened to him?

It worked in that other exodite world until Vulkan had a fit and ruined it.

>Vulkan
>doing anything wrong

>Killing surrendering children
>Not a mistake

To make most Love can bloom cannon I need two things - some slannesh cultists and enough drunk orks.

Both are surprisingly easy to find, so why not.

Both can be easily found in London

Ok, now we get cultist to write some good fiction about lover and shit, then we shoot them for heresy.
Once that is done, we get books to the orks and get them to read them. If all goes well they will think all 'ummie assassins love eldar pussy.
Then let ork reality warping powers finish the job.

>Needing a Cultist to do it

Hold on, I think I can find a porno slate for less of a hassle. Orks don't actually know what porn is, right?

No, i'm pretty sure what happens then is some orks start thinking they're either humie assassins or eldar pussies, and try to play out the stories. Or any prisoners they have are forced to do it for them (no, the orks don't care about what gender you are).

Either way, it's bad.

>Then let ork reality warping powers finish the job
Another Veeky Forums meme that is not canon.

Wait, I've got it. We simply need to film a porno with humans DRESSED like a Farseer and a Vindicare, only filled with plenty of explosions, large weaponry, and character-altering dramatic twists that the Orks don't stop watching in the first two minutes.

Wait, it's that the reason Commisar Yarrick can use his power claw?

I'm kind sad the full LCB comic never happened.

It would've be so cool.

He is the son of a diplomat that came with his mother by the orders of Lord Guilliman.

I actually imagine assassins do malfunction every once in a while -- they're probably reprogrammed between missions to make that less likely to happen, and I suspect the ones that do malfunction are usually caught or destroyed remotely.

LIIVI might be "special" in that he's one of the few to actually get away.

I think the real problem a lot of people have with this is that its not the typical downer ending that we usually get from GrimDark, and is closer to Ciaphas Cain than the Heresy in 40k's sliding scale of darkness to camp. Some people are okay with the campiness, some people aren't.

I wouldn't really call it anime, however. This kind of thing is hardly unique to Japanese fiction.

Reminder that elf-fucking is kosher now that Guilliman is into it.

Time to update LCB canon. We need to expand the Love can Bloom EU.

Love can Bloom 2: Heretic Boogaloo

That sounds both idiotic and brilliant at the same time....I want to see this idea working